Any Black Gangs in Oxnard?

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Any Black Gangs in Oxnard?

Unread post by jdm894g » January 26th, 2010, 6:37 pm

Any crips or bloods out there? I know Ventura is a nice little suburb away from LA county , but im sure it has some hood parts.

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Re: Any Black Gangs in Oxnard?

Unread post by MENACE18 » January 26th, 2010, 7:42 pm

jdm894g wrote:Any crips or bloods out there? I know Ventura is a nice little suburb away from LA county , but im sure it has some hood parts.
i remember there was a young vato from eastside colonia chiques who got killed a while back by a black gangster, he was outside his pad and the black guy drove by yellin his hood, and then when the vato from colonia chased him down the black guy got out and opened fired and killed him

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » January 26th, 2010, 9:01 pm

MENACE18 wrote:
jdm894g wrote:Any crips or bloods out there? I know Ventura is a nice little suburb away from LA county , but im sure it has some hood parts.
i remember there was a young vato from eastside colonia chiques who got killed a while back by a black gangster, he was outside his pad and the black guy drove by yellin his hood, and then when the vato from colonia chased him down the black guy got out and opened fired and killed him

Old school lure and shoot?

But your saying this proves theres black gangs out there?

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by MENACE18 » January 27th, 2010, 8:56 am

youngspade wrote:
MENACE18 wrote:

Old school lure and shoot?

But your saying this proves theres black gangs out there?
the last time i talked to my homie chubs from oxnard whos from colonia chiques he said there was 2 black gangs, 1 is somethin mafia and there crips, the other 1 i forgot what they were, but he was namin all the hoods from lemonwood chiques to southside chiques and i asked if there were any blacks and he said oh yea i forgot theyres 2 black gangs but that they dont really control anythin

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » February 26th, 2010, 3:16 pm

its westside gangster crips and black mafia ganster crips.

heres a case involing them

People v. Hunter

STATEMENT OF FACTS

I. The Murder of Olee Evans

On the morning of April 18, 2005, Olee Evans and Willie Chester were working together on a handyman job in Ventura. When they arrived at about 11:00 a.m., Willie*fn2 discovered that Evans was carrying $1,700 in cash. At about 1:30 p.m., Evans received a call on his cell phone. When he hung up, he said he had to go to Oxnard and would be right back. Evans never returned.

That afternoon, Evans' dead body was discovered in the driver's seat of his van on Bernadette Street in Oxnard. He had died from two gunshot wounds to the head. One of the bullets had entered his head through the back of his right ear, while the other entered through the left temporal area. Three expended .38-caliber shell casings were found inside the van. There was no money in Evans' wallet or pockets, and no money was found inside the van.

II. The Murder of Davaun Washington

In November 2005, Davaun Washington, an associate of the Westside Gangster Crips and a known drug dealer, was living in a house in Oxnard that was leased to Darrell "Poppy" Phillips. Washington arranged a meeting to buy drugs from Westside Gangster Crips "shot-caller" Theron Jackson that he intended to resell. Washington's friend, Halbert Atkins Jr., was also present at the meeting, which took place in front of Washington's house. Washington had told Atkins that Jackson had "shorted him" drugs on previous occasions.

When Jackson arrived, Washington took the drugs from him, brandished a handgun and said, "We're even." Jackson went to his car and pointed a gun at Washington as he drove by. Jackson drove away after Washington produced his gun again. Later that day or the next night, Washington and Jackson purportedly settled the dispute by engaging in a fist fight in front of Washington's house.

About a week later, on November 27, 2005, Atkins tried to call Washington but was unable to reach him. Shortly after 12:00 p.m., Atkins went to Washington's house. After Atkins knocked the door and no one answered, he entered the house through the unlocked door. Atkins found Washington's dead body and blood on the floor in the hallway. Atkins was going to leave, but stayed and called 911 after one of Washington's roommates came home.

Washington suffered three gunshot wounds to the head, one to the back, one to the chest, and one to the left forearm. All of the shots were fired from a .380-caliber automatic handgun, which was consistent with the spent bullets and casings recovered from the crime scene. The medical examiner determined that each shot to the head would have been fatal by itself.

On June 27, 2005, Holly Hill was interviewed by Oxnard Police Detectives Bob Coughlin and Terry Burr. A tape recording of the interview was played for the jury. Hill told the detectives that appellant, her ex-boyfriend, had called her the day Evans was murdered. Appellant's cousin, Sammy Chester, was also on the line with appellant. Detective Coughlin, who had supervised the Oxnard Police Gang Unit, knew that appellant and Sammy were associates of the Westside Gangster Crips. According to Hill, appellant asked her to say he had been with her that day between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Hill told appellant she would only agree to do it if he told her why he needed an alibi. Appellant told her that he was in a vehicle with a man who was buying guns from Sammy. When the man told them he did not have enough money to buy all of the guns, Sammy offered to give him only two of them. Appellant, who was sitting in the back seat, told the man that he would not get anything unless he had all the money. When appellant said he would "handle" the man right then, the man said, "well, handle me then." Appellant fired two shots at the man, then got out of the vehicle with Sammy and ran away. Hill told appellant that she would not provide him with an alibi. Hill did not believe appellant or Sammy were telling the truth until she saw a newspaper article about Evans' murder.

IV. Weapon and Ballistics Evidence

On May 2, 2005, Marvin Jones was stopped for speeding by an Oxnard police officer. Based on prior contacts, the officer knew that Jones and his passenger, Tyrone Bouchard, were both members of the Westside Gangster Crips. During the stop, a loaded .38-caliber revolver was recovered from Jones's pocket. The grip of the gun was wrapped in duct tape, and the serial number was rubbed off. An Oxnard Police Department criminalist who specializes in ballistics subsequently determined that the expended bullets found in Evans' van were fired from the gun. The criminalist also determined that the .380-caliber automatic pistol found in appellant's duffel bag was the weapon used to kill Washington.

Appellant testified on his own behalf. He denied being a gang member, but admitted that he was friends with members of the Westside Gangster Crips and its affiliate, the Black Mafia Gangsters. He also acknowledged that he knew Evans through a conversation, although he denied shooting him or being present when he was killed. Appellant had heard Sammy talking on the speaker phone to some unknown man who admitted killing Evans. Appellant assumed the man was Mexican because he referred to using a "cuete," the Spanish slang term for gun. He also heard Sammy tell the man, "Bring me the .380." Sammy had given the man the gun because "he wanted that dude to rob the person, 'cause the person wanted to get some guns. And I guess the dude did what he did."

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » February 26th, 2010, 4:05 pm

MENACE18 wrote:

Trial under way in Oxnard slaying, robbery at bakery

* By Raul Hernandez
* Posted February 24, 2010 at 9:34 p.m. , updated February 24, 2010 at 11:26 p.m.

An alleged gang member accused of killing a 14-year-old boy in 2006 is on trial for first-degree murder, attempted murder and robbery in Ventura County Superior Court.

Anthony McDaniel of Oxnard was arrested in 2007 while he was in county jail serving time for another crime.

In a secret tape-recorded conversation, McDaniel, 25, is heard bragging and often laughing loudly to a jail informant about the killing of Daniel Quintero on an Oxnard street on Aug. 21, 2006.

Opening statements in McDaniel’s trial began Wednesday and will continue today with McDaniel’s lawyer, Jan Helfrich, making her opening statements.

McDaniel also boasts about robbing the Vanessa Bakery in Oxnard on Sept. 3, 2006, where several employees were shot, including one worker who was shot four times in the back.

Prosecutor Rameen Minoui told jurors that McDaniel is also being tried for attempted murder and the armed robbery of the bakery. Jurors will also hear about a string of other robberies that McDaniel and another man committed, which are not being charged in this trial.

Minoui said McDaniel is a member of the Westside Gangster Crips and shot Quintero after he lost a fight with another person. Minoui said McDaniel went back to the same area where he lost the fight, put on large sunglasses, a baseball cap and his Crips “rag” around his neck and begins challenging male Latinos. McDaniel spotted Quintero, who was on his porch, and walked up and down the street in front of him.

Finally, Quintero followed McDaniel as he walked down the street and was shot when he was about 6 feet away.

In an unusual twist to the trial, Ventura County Superior Court Judge Patricia Murphy is allowing lawyers to refer to the homicide victim as “Daniel Q” during the trial. Police made the deceased victim’s name public in a news release when the crime occurred as required by state open records law.

Helfrich said in an interview that it is being done to protect the family who heard Minoui’s opening statements. Chief Deputy District Attorney Michael Frawley, who was in court, said he didn’t know why.

“Ask the judge,” he said.

Defense lawyer Jay Leiderman, who is not involved in the case, said it is “exceeding rare” to only refer to a deceased victim by his first name in a murder trial, when the name has already been made public.

“It doesn’t make much sense to me,” he said.

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » February 26th, 2010, 4:30 pm

black mafia

Driver of getaway car describes killing scene

* By Raul Hernandez
* Posted April 24, 2008 at midnight

* Email
* Discuss
* Share »
o Digg
o Facebook
o LinkedIn
o
MySpace
* Print
* A
* A
* A

After shooting Oxnard resident Fred Williams in the head, Bakari Pitts seemed shaken as he jumped into a getaway car, the driver testified Wednesday in Ventura County Superior Court.

The driver, Pitts' cousin Marlon Thornton, testified that Pitts yelled at him, "Go, go, go" as their car sped away from the rural spot near Somis where Williams was killed.

"He was very panicky, very erratic," Thornton told jurors, adding that Pitts got upset about Thornton's driving. "He was just barking at me the whole time."

Thornton was on the witness stand for a second day in the murder trial of John "Rocky" Lewis, who is charged with ordering the hit on Williams and hiring Pitts to do it. Thornton has agreed to serve six years in prison in exchange for his testimony. Williams died after being shot once in the head May 12, 2006.

Lewis is the alleged leader of the Oxnard-based Black Mafia gang, prosecutors say.

Right after the shooting, Thornton said, the murder weapon was tossed into some bushes near a wall. He said he later went back and got the gun, and then a friend helped him get rid of it.

The day after the killing, Thornton said, he drove Pitts to the house of a fellow Black Mafia gang member in Bakersfield. While on the road, he and Pitts talked about the shooting. "I was feeling like crap," Thornton testified. "He (Pitts) asked me if I thought he (Williams) was dead. He kept on saying, I can't believe I did that. I can't believe it happened. It's crazy.'"

Thornton testified that he couldn't recall Pitts saying he had experienced any problems with Williams.

Thornton said Pitts went to Bakersfield to meet Lewis and get paid for killing Williams.

Later, Thornton testified, Pitts went to the Speezy Tattoo and Piercing Studio in Los Angeles and got a black duffel bag full of marijuana as additional payment from Lewis for killing Williams. "He told me there was $9,000 worth of weed," Thornton said.

Thornton said Pitts told him that Lewis thought the two did a good job in carrying out the hit, and that Lewis "had never seen anything done so professionally before."

Thornton said he was bothered by the slaying and tried to avoid talking or thinking about it. "I always thought it was just a dream. Something that never happened," Thornton testified, adding that Pitts told him that this was his "first professional hit." Pitts told Thornton that he would have to help him sell the marijuana to get money for his role in the killing, Thornton testified.

Thornton said he had quit his job as a legal process server based in Irvine after his boss got upset because his truck kept breaking down. So he reluctantly agreed to help Pitts sell the marijuana to get enough money to pay his bills.

Defense Attorney Steven Powell declined to cross-examine Thornton. In an interview, Powell wouldn't comment on his reasons for that decision

gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by gautier » February 26th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Leader's conviction seen as a blow to Black Mafia
Street gang less of a threat, prosecutor says

* By Raul Hernandez
* Posted May 6, 2008 at midnight

* Email
* Discuss
* Share »
o Digg
o Facebook
o LinkedIn
o
MySpace
* Print
* A
* A
* A

The murder conviction of John "Rocky" Lewis this month crushed the leadership of a violent and dangerous criminal street gang that began on the streets of Oxnard, prosecutors say.

Lewis, 33, a former resident of Oxnard who moved to Los Angeles about five years ago, was the Black Mafia's shot caller, authorities said.

His group formed less than 20 years ago when Lewis and some friends were of highschool age, and evolved into a criminal street gang that he ran from his Los Angeles tattoo shop, according to prosecutors.

"We certainly think that we delivered a blow to the leadership of the Black Mafia," said veteran prosecutor Cheryl Temple of the Ventura County District Attorney's Office.

"We have seriously undermined the ability of the Black Mafia to carry out crimes in our county and elsewhere, frankly," Temple said. "This prosecution has made other communities safer, not just Ventura (County)."

A jury took less than three hours Friday to convict Lewis of hiring fellow gang member Bakari Pitts to kill a third Black Mafia member, Fred Williams, on May 12, 2006, in the Somis area.

Williams, 29, of Oxnard was shot execution-style. Pitts' cousin, Marlon Thornton, who was not a gang member, drove the getaway car. During the trial, Pitts and Thornton testified about their roles in the killing.

Temple said the Black Mafia has been involved in other murders, including the 2005 deaths of Bruce Barksdale, Davaun Dantaye Washington and Olee Evans. All three men were killed in Oxnard.

Last month, Lewis Brown was convicted of first-degree murder in the shooting of Barksdale.

In February, Jimmy Hunter was convicted of first-degree murder in connection with the slaying of Washington and Evans.

Temple called the gang "extremely dangerous," so much so that Ventura County Sheriff's Department detectives scrapped the idea of trying to infiltrate the group with informants to solve Williams' death.

"Having somebody infiltrate this gang would have been an extremely risky proposition. There had been multiple killings among Black Mafia members over the past several years, some of which were unsolved at the time, and some which we are currently and actively investigating," Temple said.

Attempts to get people to help in the investigation and make telephone calls to Black Mafia members were falling flat because people were afraid of getting involved, Temple said.

"This is a dangerous group of people," she said.

However, within five days after Williams was found dead inside his parked car with a bullet to the head, detectives armed with court-ordered wiretaps began listening to conversations generated from seven different phone lines. The seven lines soon became 13 telephone lines. In all, more than 31,000 conversations were monitored.

"It was very time consuming and expensive," Temple said.

A spokesman for the Sheriff's Department, Capt. Ross Bonfiglio, said the department paid the main investigators and additional officers about $350,000 in overtime to investigate the case. That amounted to about 5,700 overtime hours, he said.

"This case needed this kind of attention in order to get it prosecuted properly," Bonfiglio said.

Sheriff's Detectives Mike Powers and Scott Peterson spearheaded the complex investigation, and District Attorney's Investigator Dennis Peet later joined the team, Temple said.

"They did a tremendous investigation into this case," said Temple.

Lewis' lawyer, Steven Powell, argued in court that the prosecutors' case was based on gossip, rumors and innuendo. Powell described Lewis as a retired gang member, and said Pitts pointed an accusatory finger at Lewis to avoid receiving the death penalty for shooting Williams.

According to prosecutors, the wiretaps resulted in evidence used to solve Williams' slaying and much more. The Black Mafia was involved in a multitude of crimes throughout the state, they said.

"From gun dealing, pimping, drug dealing, all over, not just our county but the state of California, and this (Williams' murder) put this into perspective of who the people were that we were dealing with," Temple said.

Bonfiglio said detectives suspected the gang also committed crimes in Arizona, Orange County, Kern County and the city of Hawthorne.

In one wiretap conversation, Lewis' close friend Kufanya Gentry is heard telling Lewis that a "crew" of young black males was committing crimes for the Black Mafia in Fresno.

"So, they were very much in the business of having young black males get involved in their business" in various communities, Temple said.

She declined to say if there are ongoing investigations against other Black Mafia members.

She said that in the eyes of other gang members, Lewis had everything: money, motorcycles, a Cadillac, a nice house and plenty of women. The prosecutor said many of his followers idolized him and sometimes referred to the large, heavyset, bald man as the "Big Homie."

"The gang members who wanted to move up, who wanted to be respected, wanted to be like him. They were trying to impress him," said Temple. "When he wanted them to (commit crimes) they would respond. ... So they did look up to him. They admired his lifestyle."

YUNGBOSS323
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: WeSs WeSs SiDE L.A. CiTY

Unread post by YUNGBOSS323 » June 19th, 2010, 11:07 am

OXNARD is pussy niggas aint doin shit over there

OXxNHC
What city do you live in now?: Oxnard