White gangs in Vegas?

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

White gangs in Vegas?

Unread post by HungryWolf » May 27th, 2010, 11:39 pm

Hi!

I went to Vegas at the end of last year and I recognized some withe boys in a Walmart Superstore somewhere east of the Blvd. It was obvious they were on meth and I wonder if they were NRL or something like that? Are there white gangs in LV?

BTW: A real ugly city. I have never seen so much richdom and so much poorness so close to each other...

Knockaroundguy
If in the United States: Nebraska
What city do you live in now?: Sin City

Re: White gangs in Vegas?

Unread post by Knockaroundguy » August 18th, 2010, 12:30 am

HungryWolf wrote:Hi!

I went to Vegas at the end of last year and I recognized some withe boys in a Walmart Superstore somewhere east of the Blvd. It was obvious they were on meth and I wonder if they were NRL or something like that? Are there white gangs in LV?

BTW: A real ugly city. I have never seen so much richdom and so much poorness so close to each other...

I can't comment on the White Boy gangs (been here since 89 and never ran into a true white "banger") but you're right about the city. You can be somewhere where there are million dollar homes and then two blocks away, it's like the wild west. Shit's crazy in Vegas.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » August 30th, 2010, 2:50 am

Vegas really gave me a bad feeling. There were ppl begging for food, man. Not for money, they had nothing to eat. Is it true, that a lot of ppl are living in the sewers under the city? That is what a beggar told me when I gave him few bucks...

Knockaroundguy

Unread post by Knockaroundguy » September 2nd, 2010, 2:03 am

HungryWolf wrote:Vegas really gave me a bad feeling. There were ppl begging for food, man. Not for money, they had nothing to eat. Is it true, that a lot of ppl are living in the sewers under the city? That is what a beggar told me when I gave him few bucks...

Unfortunately, Wolf, it is true. The unemployment rate is 14 % here. Things are rough right now. There is an extensive sewer system in the city (well, drainage..) and the homeless use it as a place to crash. The crazy part is we get flash floods and those run offs flood big time. There have been several cases where people have died due to that.

It's a really bad time for Las Vegas right now and when people lose everything, they lose it. I certainly don't suggest leaving the tourist area's right now.

I'll take some pictures of the drainage and "Skid row." There are literally 50 or 60 people living in tents not a mile and a half from down town. I go down there now and then and give out clothing and food. It's never enough but any little bit helps.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » September 2nd, 2010, 5:47 am

That's a good thing you are doing there. Last November I have been north from Fremont Street and one could immediately recognize a rundown flair and lots of low lifes hanging around there. The cops told me to leave that area which I followed. I don't know if it's the right saying, but I am looking forward to your pictures. Peace out, man!

Rayder
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: compton

Unread post by Rayder » September 2nd, 2010, 1:26 pm

Germans and gang....forget at homeboy

Knockaroundguy

Unread post by Knockaroundguy » September 5th, 2010, 11:16 pm

Hey Wolf, sorry about not posting those pictures yet. Work has me scrambling! I've been slammed as of late. When I get off tomorrow (tuesday the 6th) I will for sure take a ride and get some flicks for you.

Hope all is well on your side.

All the best.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » September 6th, 2010, 8:08 am

Hey Knockaroundguy!

Don't worry, it's allright like that, take your time! I am fine, still suffering from hangover from Saturdays birthday party, but everything else is good. :D

Take care and see you tomorrow!