Never joined a gang even though I wanted to

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
stoked18
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Vermont
What city do you live in now?: Roanoke FROM SD

Never joined a gang even though I wanted to

Unread post by stoked18 » July 17th, 2011, 9:16 am

Growing up in San Diego, all I hung out with was gang members.I'm a white guy,but never had an issue. Two friends from N/H 47 wanted me to get jumped in but I refused. See, I wanted to be a Southsider, but all I pretty much had was black friends from various sets, even though I was closest to the 30s fools. Some of my friends started YBD which I also refused to join. I wanted to be from Logan or Shelltown(notorious reputations), but I never knew anyone from either one.Seriously contemplated being from the Coast but I decided against it. Anyone ever heard of the rapper Mister Lowc from 30s? I used to hang out with him a little bit back in the day. I'll admit I used to get crazy looks from people(I don't really look like a gang member, I look more like a skater or surfer,especially the hair), but I was always accepted by everyone(my friends) and never got judged by them. Never got called racist names or anything. I got jumped one time by some dudes, and they immediately had my back. As soon as i told them what happened, they were there for me(what's up Ty from EDMC 44th Street). I guess I'm saying this cuz I live on the East Coast now, and I fucking hate it. No loyalty whatsoever, people you think are your friends do nothing but back-stab you and talk shit behind your back. Not saying there's no disloyalty anywhere you go,but out here it's extremely hard to find a true friend who is REALLY your friend. You can't trust anybody out here, extremely shady ass people, everyone's out for themselves. Hopefully I'll make it back to the West one of these days.

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Re: Never joined a gang even though I wanted to

Unread post by scrub1819 » September 16th, 2011, 7:29 pm

You have a serious identity crisis bro aspiring to be from Logan or Shelltown just for the notoriety is childish and only perpetuates the gang problem our city's ghetto youth face. I understand you went to some school for badass kids or whatever so that's probably where you met all your hood friends trust me I can relate to that I grew up kids from all over San Diego's hoods as well as nice areas because I played AAU basketball all my life and then went on to go to Garfield HS which was just a shitload of kids from Southeast and some kids from Eastside so I got some homeboys too but contemplating joining one of these gangs is dumb as Fu ck lol you need to figure your life out dude talking about how many Gs you know doesn't give you respect by association and honestly I'm really not trying to diss you or anything but seriously you look like you're trying too hard by name dropping the hoods that you may have ties to.

stoked18
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by stoked18 » September 17th, 2011, 5:50 am

I don't give a damn about joining a gang now, that was in the past. Yeah, I was obsessed with that life when I was a teen, I'll admit it, I was attracted to it. And yeah I went to one of those schools, but that's not where I met my friends, I met them from around the neighborhood and going places. Anyways, I'm sure there are plenty of people who had the same attractions I did when they were kids, you make it out like I still have those aspirations to be a gang member, which i dont. I just miss the comraderie I had with my friends out there, how close we were, and how we were always there for each other. I've been living out here for almost 10 years now, and it's just not the same. Not saying I miss being around gang members, thats not it at all, I just miss the friendships. I dont consider that having an identity crisis.

Krooksta
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by Krooksta » September 26th, 2011, 12:39 am

Werent you the fool that said he was trying to be a cop? Man you do have an identity crisis! Get over it.
:roll:
:lol:

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » October 2nd, 2011, 9:39 pm

I think I understand what you're getting at, because I used to be in a similar position. Not that I was different racially or my style, I appear latino just like the people I kicked it with. It's the brotherhood thing about hangin with the homeboys that I never felt with the friends I made when my parents sent me off the burbs. It's mostly because I have less in common with people in the burbs, because of my race and my style. Since I lived in good and bad areas, I tend to compare the people from both. It's hard to describe eloquently, but people from the hood and the burbs have not just different morals but different standards of what they expect from people around them.

Sometimes the brotherly relationship with the homeboys is a tool to seduce you into gang life, but if you have enough sense you can realize which ones are real and which arent anyways. My memories with the homies are always good, chillin with eachother anytime, partying, pullin girls and havin eachothers backs when shit popped off. I miss it too compared to my life now.

I think more than anything, I envy the bond that my friends and fam that live in the hood their whole lives have with the people around them. They've known most of their peers their entire life. I personally don't have any friends I'd consider my close homeboys and I have little in common with most of them anyways. That's what I missed out on

stoked18
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by stoked18 » January 7th, 2012, 11:25 am

A cop? What?

xicano323
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by xicano323 » February 11th, 2012, 7:03 pm

@ stoked18 same here, i might not have a identity crisis but i was like you, but the reason why i wanted to join a gang was because i use to get bullied in middle school, i live on the eastside of Los Angeles and tere are tons of gangs here. I wanted to join White Fence but i decided to wait. As time passed i went to a high school pretty far away from White Fence's hood. The high school was just next to hazard park(idk if you've hear of it,American Me?) and the gang there was called Big Hazard, those fuckers were active! and i stopped and thought to myself maybe getting into WF wouldnt be convenient right now lol. Those foos from BH just didnt like outsiders, wether you're from a gang or not, they didnt like it. But then bulling stopped and my whole mind set changed, i dint want to be from anywhere.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » March 6th, 2013, 5:03 am

xicano323 wrote:@ stoked18 same here, i might not have a identity crisis but i was like you, but the reason why i wanted to join a gang was because i use to get bullied in middle school, i live on the eastside of Los Angeles and tere are tons of gangs here. I wanted to join White Fence but i decided to wait. As time passed i went to a high school pretty far away from White Fence's hood. The high school was just next to hazard park(idk if you've hear of it,American Me?) and the gang there was called Big Hazard, those fuckers were active! and i stopped and thought to myself maybe getting into WF wouldnt be convenient right now lol. Those foos from BH just didnt like outsiders, wether you're from a gang or not, they didnt like it. But then bulling stopped and my whole mind set changed, i dint want to be from anywhere.
U went to Francis Bravo Magnet?

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » March 6th, 2013, 5:09 am

I understand, I lived the life but can look back and say that wasnt me. Growing up I always wanted to be from the Aves, they gave me several invites to join but because I none of my tights were willing to join I never did. As I moved I end up getting in to PF, mainly because my family. But I guess I understand how this dude who started the thread feels about growing up looking up to a certain Varrio. I would see these dudes and how they ran the whole town and it can be seductive to youngsters, cuz lets face it all kidas/teens have a identity crisis. So I dont think the guy who started this should be dogged too hard.

snino1989
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: HxA

Unread post by snino1989 » November 14th, 2013, 12:08 am

My story i never wanted to join but i allways wanted respect. I looked up to people who have lots of girls and its mostly hardcore bad boys with lots of game so thats who i looked up to. But i didnt want to b one just with the fine ass girls they had. When i started to listened to hardcore gangster rap when i was 10 then when youtube came for the first time with even worse music it started messing with my head. and for 12 years the demons on this earth had me blind. But for about 2 years now i can c so much clearer then anyone and it feels good