Fresno 14

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: North Hollywood

Fresno 14

Unread post by ValleyKid » July 18th, 2015, 3:26 pm

Does anyone know the origins of Fresno 14? And Im talking about before they became Bulldogs and before they stopped claiming 14. Like what were their clicks, who did they beef with, their territory, etc.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: Fresno 14

Unread post by silentwssj » July 18th, 2015, 5:18 pm

Interesting topic! I have always wondered the same thing. I would assume and its just an assumption that most Bulldog sets used to be Norteno sets. I am curious to know if they changed their names though. Just to let you know Fresno 14 is still around. There are a few Norteno gangs in the city of Fresno WSF and CVG' s come to mind I know there are a few more as well but I can't recall their names. Just about every city in Fresno county has both Bulldog and Norteno gangs. Bulldogs are definitely the majority in the city of Fresno though. They are an island in a sea of Nortenos. Norteno territory actually spreads south of Fresno county. They are literally surrounded completely. Mabee Diego Dog or someone from Fresno can shed a little light on this!

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » July 18th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Heard they beef with TRG. A rascal who rumbled with em told me they really bark as ur ass! Haha gangsta

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 18th, 2015, 6:12 pm

lol! yeah I heard they bark as well. I dont personally have any experience with them though so I cant say from experience.

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ValleyKid » July 18th, 2015, 7:20 pm

silentwssj wrote:Interesting topic! I have always wondered the same thing. I would assume and its just an assumption that most Bulldog sets used to be Norteno sets. I am curious to know if they changed their names though. Just to let you know Fresno 14 is still around. There are a few Norteno gangs in the city of Fresno WSF and CVG' s come to mind I know there are a few more as well but I can't recall their names. Just about every city in Fresno county has both Bulldog and Norteno gangs. Bulldogs are definitely the majority in the city of Fresno though. They are an island in a sea of Nortenos. Norteno territory actually spreads south of Fresno county. They are literally surrounded completely. Mabee Diego Dog or someone from Fresno can shed a little light on this!
How is F14 still around? Didn't they all become Bulldogs?

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ValleyKid » July 18th, 2015, 7:23 pm

VictoriousHTZ wrote:Heard they beef with TRG. A rascal who rumbled with em told me they really bark as ur ass! Haha gangsta
Ive heard that they also bark at cops when they pass by them lol

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 18th, 2015, 7:48 pm

Fresno has and has always had certain neighborhoods that have always been Norteno! These groups are still claiming Fresno and still claiming 14. Dont believe everything you see on gangland! Not everyone became Bulldogs! F14 is simply the Fresno faction of Nortenos. They are still around my man! Now whether or not they call themselves F14 and get those tattoos, I dont know! The way that I understand it Fresno Nortenos went through a few years where they were still considered Nortenos but didnt necessarily back up all the the other Nortenos from around the state. eventually they split off and became Bulldogs. But you have a few neighborhoods that always remained true. These neighborhoods may or may still use the F14 designation but they certainly have origins that lie in it!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 18th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Here is a video from West Side Fresno Nortenos! They got quite a few songs out. They have always been Nortenos! There are other Norteno groups out there with videos from Fresno as well!

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ValleyKid » July 18th, 2015, 8:06 pm

silentwssj wrote:Fresno has and has always had certain neighborhoods that have always been Norteno! These groups are still claiming Fresno and still claiming 14. Dont believe everything you see on gangland! Not everyone became Bulldogs! F14 is simply the Fresno faction of Nortenos. They are still around my man! Now whether or not they call themselves F14 and get those tattoos, I dont know! The way that I understand it Fresno Nortenos went through a few years where they were still considered Nortenos but didnt necessarily back up all the the other Nortenos from around the state. eventually they split off and became Bulldogs. But you have a few neighborhoods that always remained true. These neighborhoods may or may still use the F14 designation but they certainly have origins that lie in it!
I always thought that F14 was the only norteno gang in Fresno back in the day, but I guess not. I didnt know there were other norteno gangs in Fresno, especially since F14 was the biggest norteno gang in that area.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 18th, 2015, 8:08 pm

It was a faction of the Norteno Car in prison! Fresno has always had many different neighborhoods to my knowledge. Most eventually became Bulldogs but a few never switched it up!

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ValleyKid » July 18th, 2015, 8:17 pm

silentwssj wrote:It was a faction of the Norteno Car in prison! Fresno has always had many different neighborhoods to my knowledge. Most eventually became Bulldogs but a few never switched it up!
The few remaining F14 who didnt switch up probably joined those other hoods in Fresno.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 18th, 2015, 8:33 pm

They may have absorbed some Nortenos here and there. I bet the neighborhoods decided as a group though. I am pretty sure that West Side Fresno decided as a whole to stay true! it is probably true of the other Norteno neighborhoods as well. If you were a Norteno and most of your homies decided to become Bulldogs you either went freelance or simply decided to join another hood. It is actually quit common where i am from in San Jo to meet individual Nortenos that are not from a Varrio! They will simply claim the side of San Jo that they are from. I used to cross paths with them all the time! You see them in prison as well. If you were a Norteno from Fresno and were already plugged into the system you really wouldnt need to do anything. You are already a Norteno and everybody in prison already knows you. They do exist, I know this because I have heard about it. Every now and then I used to hear stories of Nortenos from fresno that never switched it up!

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ValleyKid » July 18th, 2015, 8:54 pm

silentwssj wrote:They may have absorbed some Nortenos here and there. I bet the neighborhoods decided as a group though. I am pretty sure that West Side Fresno decided as a whole to stay true! it is probably true of the other Norteno neighborhoods as well. If you were a Norteno and most of your homies decided to become Bulldogs you either went freelance or simply decided to join another hood. It is actually quit common where i am from in San Jo to meet individual Nortenos that are not from a Varrio! They will simply claim the side of San Jo that they are from. I used to cross paths with them all the time! You see them in prison as well. If you were a Norteno from Fresno and were already plugged into the system you really wouldnt need to do anything. You are already a Norteno and everybody in prison already knows you. They do exist, I know this because I have heard about it. Every now and then I used to hear stories of Nortenos from fresno that never switched it up!
Weird. Those individual nortenos that are not from a varrio wouldnt be considered gang members cuz they dont bang a set. At least where i live.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 18th, 2015, 8:57 pm

I have seen it plenty of times! They are asked where they are from and they reply ESSJ or WSSJ etc! They get into the system and they are simply freelancers. In my opinion they are usually looking for a neighborhood. They are living that lifestyle and have not found a home yet! Lol!

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ValleyKid » July 18th, 2015, 11:08 pm

silentwssj wrote:I have seen it plenty of times! They are asked where they are from and they reply ESSJ or WSSJ etc! They get into the system and they are simply freelancers. In my opinion they are usually looking for a neighborhood. They are living that lifestyle and have not found a home yet! Lol!
They're cholos sin barrio lol

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 18th, 2015, 11:52 pm

F-14 have deep roots. Just like silent said, they were a faction that came out of prison. They date back to at least the early 70's. Bulldogs changed their meaning of 14 into nation. They have been discussed at least a few times in this forum.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 19th, 2015, 12:03 am

silentwssj wrote:I have seen it plenty of times! They are asked where they are from and they reply ESSJ or WSSJ etc! They get into the system and they are simply freelancers. In my opinion they are usually looking for a neighborhood. They are living that lifestyle and have not found a home yet! Lol!
Yeah and some claimed barrios that went defunct, so they might just represent their area or sometimes still mention something that is actually defunct. I had a homeboy from ESSJ that was in a gang back in elementary and it was short lived, but he acted like he could never join up with someone else and stayed representing ESSJ and maybe mention that gang some of the homeboys banged as straight youngsters.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 19th, 2015, 12:35 pm

I have run across numerous people that were Nortenos without a Varrio. I am pretty sure this happens down south to. They may not live in a neighborhood that has a gang in it. Nevertheless they identify with the whole cholo culture and present themseves as a Sureno. It has to happen on both sides. Back to the topic though. It would be great if we could get some Fresno people on here to clear some of this up. I would love to chop it up with some Nortenos from Fresno! Even some Bulldogs would be cool. It would be good to hear their side of the story. In the book "Nuestra Familia a broken paradigm", the whole Fresno thing is discussed. He devotes some time explaining how the split occurred and how it was in prison before they completely broke away. He gives real life examples of how they would approach them, for what and how they would react to it all. It is pretty interesting. He basically says there were a few years right before the split where they were still Nortenos but were also their own separet car in prison. Any time they wanted back up or help moving on another group they wouldn't always participate. He also gives a good description of how they check new arrivals. In my life experience you must turn in your paperwork and all your information and then wait to be cleared before you are allowed to fully program on the yard. Often times you are keep separate from everyone else until you get the go ahead to program. His description is interesting because they had to go through a lot more with the Fresno guys. It was the normal procedures plus a good interrogation. After that they had to keep an eye on them because they were not trustworthy. If enough of them hit the yard together they often times would try to separate themselves from the rest of the Nortenos.

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ValleyKid » July 19th, 2015, 2:53 pm

silentwssj wrote:I have run across numerous people that were Nortenos without a Varrio. I am pretty sure this happens down south to. They may not live in a neighborhood that has a gang in it. Nevertheless they identify with the whole cholo culture and present themseves as a Sureno. It has to happen on both sides. Back to the topic though. It would be great if we could get some Fresno people on here to clear some of this up. I would love to chop it up with some Nortenos from Fresno! Even some Bulldogs would be cool. It would be good to hear their side of the story. In the book "Nuestra Familia a broken paradigm", the whole Fresno thing is discussed. He devotes some time explaining how the split occurred and how it was in prison before they completely broke away. He gives real life examples of how they would approach them, for what and how they would react to it all. It is pretty interesting. He basically says there were a few years right before the split where they were still Nortenos but were also their own separet car in prison. Any time they wanted back up or help moving on another group they wouldn't always participate. He also gives a good description of how they check new arrivals. In my life experience you must turn in your paperwork and all your information and then wait to be cleared before you are allowed to fully program on the yard. Often times you are keep separate from everyone else until you get the go ahead to program. His description is interesting because they had to go through a lot more with the Fresno guys. It was the normal procedures plus a good interrogation. After that they had to keep an eye on them because they were not trustworthy. If enough of them hit the yard together they often times would try to separate themselves from the rest of the Nortenos.
In SoCal its different. If u dont bang a varrio but act like u do, you'll get dealt with or get clowned on.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 19th, 2015, 4:24 pm

I just read reread the part where Boxer is talking about removing Bulldogs! He said every time a Norteno from Fresno would hit the hole they would evaluate him. They would interrogate them and then cross check how they were programming on the yard. If they were deemed to be no good, which according to him most were, they would hit them with weapons to remove them. Once they hit the ground full of puncture wounds they would start barking to show their true colors! It amazes me that they would even try and fly under the radar like that! If you are a Bulldog why would you even try and program with the Northerners? As it was explained in the book, "In some prisons, Fresno had completely separated itself from the Norteno collective. In other prisons, we were actually removing them from the mainlines and engaging in full fledged war with them. They had become cancerous under their own accord and could no longer be allowed to co-exist among us. We ultimately decided that they'd no longer be welcome on our yard either." a couple of sentences later he states: "Soon word spread that we were hitting them in the hole. They weren't even attempting to come out anymore. They would lock it up and pass on yard time when offered."

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 19th, 2015, 11:53 pm

That's not exactly what he's saying, but I see where you're getting at. Someone from down there that's a cholo sin varrio, probably only bangs in prison or gets looked at funny somewhere like the streets.
ValleyKid wrote:
silentwssj wrote:I have run across numerous people that were Nortenos without a Varrio. I am pretty sure this happens down south to. They may not live in a neighborhood that has a gang in it. Nevertheless they identify with the whole cholo culture and present themseves as a Sureno. It has to happen on both sides. Back to the topic though. It would be great if we could get some Fresno people on here to clear some of this up. I would love to chop it up with some Nortenos from Fresno! Even some Bulldogs would be cool. It would be good to hear their side of the story. In the book "Nuestra Familia a broken paradigm", the whole Fresno thing is discussed. He devotes some time explaining how the split occurred and how it was in prison before they completely broke away. He gives real life examples of how they would approach them, for what and how they would react to it all. It is pretty interesting. He basically says there were a few years right before the split where they were still Nortenos but were also their own separet car in prison. Any time they wanted back up or help moving on another group they wouldn't always participate. He also gives a good description of how they check new arrivals. In my life experience you must turn in your paperwork and all your information and then wait to be cleared before you are allowed to fully program on the yard. Often times you are keep separate from everyone else until you get the go ahead to program. His description is interesting because they had to go through a lot more with the Fresno guys. It was the normal procedures plus a good interrogation. After that they had to keep an eye on them because they were not trustworthy. If enough of them hit the yard together they often times would try to separate themselves from the rest of the Nortenos.
In SoCal its different. If u dont bang a varrio but act like u do, you'll get dealt with or get clowned on.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 20th, 2015, 6:24 am

I am sure that you find this happening down there. It has to, how else do cholos that don't live in a Varrio find one to claim? Stay in the life long enough valleykid and you will see all kinds of stuff.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 20th, 2015, 8:51 am

silentwssj wrote:I am sure that you find this happening down there. It has to, how else do cholos that don't live in a Varrio find one to claim? Stay in the life long enough valleykid and you will see all kinds of stuff.
I can't blame him if he doesn't see it as much. There's more of a reason to bang up here without a varrio, because it's about north vs sur here and over there it's not.

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ValleyKid » July 20th, 2015, 9:34 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
silentwssj wrote:I am sure that you find this happening down there. It has to, how else do cholos that don't live in a Varrio find one to claim? Stay in the life long enough valleykid and you will see all kinds of stuff.
I can't blame him if he doesn't see it as much. There's more of a reason to bang up here without a varrio, because it's about north vs sur here and over there it's not.
Exactly. The norte vs sur beef doesnt matter and isnt a concern at all here in SoCal. Its only until u hit the pen when it becomes a concern.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 20th, 2015, 9:44 am

So Valleykid, I got to ask where are from? Who do you guys funk with. I assume you mean San Fernando valley?

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ValleyKid » July 20th, 2015, 9:51 am

silentwssj wrote:So Valleykid, I got to ask where are from? Who do you guys funk with. I assume you mean San Fernando valley?
Im from North Hollywood in the SFV, but I dont bang lol

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 20th, 2015, 10:09 am

Just checking!

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » July 20th, 2015, 6:20 pm

Down here there's claimers for Southside, crips, bloods because they are somewhat active in the streets but haven't got put on any hood or found one they liked yet.

Everybody gets clowned but I've seen some clamin riders who are accepted and put in work. Even more than those who got put on.

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ValleyKid » July 20th, 2015, 6:53 pm

VictoriousHTZ wrote:Down here there's claimers for Southside, crips, bloods because they are somewhat active in the streets but haven't got put on any hood or found one they liked yet.

Everybody gets clowned but I've seen some clamin riders who are accepted and put in work. Even more than those who got put on.
Thats true, but some claimers dont make it cuz they just want to be cool and shit.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » July 20th, 2015, 7:48 pm

There are some neighborhood who do deal with claimers. But I saw those who embraced them were the more successful hoods. The ones who didn't were hoods with haters amongst their ranks and didn't last long.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 20th, 2015, 10:50 pm

In my experience sometimes kids want to gangbang but don't grow up in a neighborhood with a gang in it. I am sure this happens everywhere. They basically start banging until someone puts them on.

hiphopsoldier1983
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Fresno

Unread post by hiphopsoldier1983 » July 21st, 2015, 2:08 pm

The Bulldogs have a lot of hood fighting because they have a lot of neighborhoods, especially in the East Side where there are ESF sets that rival each other. Because he Norteno and Sureno gangs are outnumbered by a lot in Fresno, naturally there is gonna be a lot of set trippin. One thing about the F14 thing, the Bulldogs see the F14 as their own even to this day because they consider it part of their heritage. The Bulldogs that use F14 still are mainly the generational members that were schooled down by their dads or uncles that were F14ers back in the day. Bulldogs will still use 14 but not XIV cause they say that is part of the Northern Raza. If you see tagging in Fresno, Bulldogs will use 14 still, sometimes X4, and even still use 4 dots on their knuckles, but not XIV. After they split off from the Nortenos and NF in prison in the mid 1980s as the F14 car, it was til about 1992 or 93 when it was clearly visible on the streets of Fresno that the F14 gang members were split off the North and had the Fresno Bulldog identity.