Cali exported it's gang problem to Tj

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Cali exported it's gang problem to Tj

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 30th, 2019, 8:36 pm

Meth and Murder

L.A. Times article dated Jan. 30, 2019

Tijuana's street gang problem has now made it one of the deadliest cities in all of Mexico, with no letting up in sight.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Re: Cali exported it's gang problem to Tj

Unread post by shaolinmonche » January 30th, 2019, 9:23 pm

I have a bunch of homies deported in TJ. Most of them came over to Cali before starting elementary school. They basically grew up in Cali and don't even remember Mexico. They get deported and just stay in TJ. Every Varrio has homies in TJ. All these Cali bangers and plus the cartel wars in TJ. Must be hectic.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 31st, 2019, 12:09 am

shaolinmonche wrote:I have a bunch of homies deported in TJ. Most of them came over to Cali before starting elementary school. They basically grew up in Cali and don't even remember Mexico. They get deported and just stay in TJ. Every Varrio has homies in TJ. All these Cali bangers and plus the cartel wars in TJ. Must be hectic.
It ain't the cartels, it's all the street gangs and drug crews, and its really deadly out here, I mean a car pulls up and mows everybody down standing at what ever wall or corner or store, you can be eating some tacos and they walk up to you and blow your done off, you can be pumping gas and a youngster rides up on a bike and bang you're sprayed, I mean it is hardcore right now, I have never seen it that bad, not even in 2008 when El teo and El muletas switches sides and started a civil war, but this ain't cartel, is pure madness, serio

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » January 31st, 2019, 12:47 am

I had read they had over 2,000 murders in TJ by October 2018, and it’s been the deadliest year ever there.

So is it petty street gang rivalries that have taken root?

Has it become more similar to the situation down in El Salvador and Guatemala when all those 18th streeters and MS13’s brought their street gang culture and started recruiting locals?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 31st, 2019, 1:33 am

AmericanZombie wrote:I had read they had over 2,000 murders in TJ by October 2018, and it’s been the deadliest year ever there.

So is it petty street gang rivalries that have taken root?

Has it become more similar to the situation down in El Salvador and Guatemala when all those 18th streeters and MS13’s brought their street gang culture and started recruiting locals?
no it's not like the gangs control anything, that's the drug crews, and the crews have to side with left or right, and the higher ups have to have a madrina, and the madrinas have to kick up as well, it is as if the whole shit is rotten to the core and the gates of hell have been opened, the number is more real in the 3K's kias and climbing this year to top 2018, it ain't safe, no matter how much some may say as to ah if you are not in it you're safe, f no homie, you know me, my ties and my fam been down here since 1962, i aint never ever seen it that bad, not even in the coldest and darkest times on new years eve 2009 matches what is going on right now, it's everything down here, only 1 out 10 homicides gets resolved, most times, if ou don't get caught doing the jale, you're home free, and that''s the mentality out there right now, put that together with all those homies that shaolin monche is talking about and hey, they gotta earn a living too, right? they got fams too, and who's gonna hire them? nobody, right? so you get get a kilo of mota for fifty bolas or you can have somebody smoked for fifty bolas, that's how cheap life has become, on the reals !!!

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » January 31st, 2019, 9:51 am

Lonewolf wrote:
shaolinmonche wrote:I have a bunch of homies deported in TJ. Most of them came over to Cali before starting elementary school. They basically grew up in Cali and don't even remember Mexico. They get deported and just stay in TJ. Every Varrio has homies in TJ. All these Cali bangers and plus the cartel wars in TJ. Must be hectic.
It ain't the cartels, it's all the street gangs and drug crews, and its really deadly out here, I mean a car pulls up and mows everybody down standing at what ever wall or corner or store, you can be eating some tacos and they walk up to you and blow your done off, you can be pumping gas and a youngster rides up on a bike and bang you're sprayed, I mean it is hardcore right now, I have never seen it that bad, not even in 2008 when El teo and El muletas switches sides and started a civil war, but this ain't cartel, is pure madness, serio
Idk buddy. TJ been having a big cartel war between Sinaloa Cartel and the New Generation Jalisco Cartel. I'm sure the Tijuana Cartel involved in that war too

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 31st, 2019, 11:07 am

shaolinmonche wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
Idk buddy. TJ been having a big cartel war between Sinaloa Cartel and the New Generation Jalisco Cartel. I'm sure the Tijuana Cartel involved in that war too
sure, there's beef on that level too, but one has to understand how that so called war between the cartels work in this city, it is not like in juarez or when the arellanos where running things, today is a diff beast, reference the part where you just had the president of mexico (amlo) yesterday speak on record on camera stating that the war against the cartels are over, that will not be his administration priority to combat the cartels, he said that that was a waste of time and resources, he stated that the priority of his presidency was to combat regular crime, robberies, kidnapping, violence, that is what his administration will focus on instead of all this news focusing on the big leagues., it is the little leagues duking it out over borderlines in the cities., hell man, everybody knows down here that even celulas (cells) working for the same cartel duke it out between them., it is not the same kind of violence that the cartels are know to use, this is pure carnage on a low level what is going on, for reals

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 31st, 2019, 11:49 am

orale carnal, i hear you, i'm one of those vatos that grew up on both sides of la linea, between tj and los, florencia, dog town, san pedro, indio, southern california and northern baja have been my homegrounds for way over a half a century. so even from old i've lived back and forth and partyed, smoked and toked and rumbled with homies from all over califas down here in tj, hell, norwalk, pacoima, avenues, even maras are amongst the many who i been socializing lately, i say socializing because i'm not out there no more doing mayhem, so to me is just have a birria, a toke and chop it up type of thing now, but you're right, there are homeboys from every single real soxcal varrio making a living down here., i was thinking lately of starting a blog page dedicated to the tijuana street gang story, idk, maybe

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » January 31st, 2019, 8:22 pm

L.A. Times article January 31, 2031
Mexico's presidents announces new plan to combat violence in Tijuana, sending in the army and Marines.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » January 31st, 2019, 8:41 pm

Any thoughts as to why it’s gotten so bad? Aside from the obvious things we hear all the time “drugs” “the cartels” “corruption”...

Is there something else missing from that equation that we're missing ?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 1st, 2019, 1:49 am

AmericanZombie wrote:Any thoughts as to why it’s gotten so bad? Aside from the obvious things we hear all the time “drugs” “the cartels” “corruption”...

Is there something else missing from that equation that we're missing ?
ey qvole a z

let me put something together and see if i can make some sense of it and type it up

alratoz

lw

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 1st, 2019, 3:12 am

I was going back and reading my posts, shaolin’s posts, your posts, and I was like, man I was all over and not making any sense with what I was typing up and posting, almost as if I was contradicting myself, but when you asked, what is it that puts the finger on the problem? That brought me back to reality.

Street Gangs would be my #1 answer, right now.

Only not the type of street gangs in the sense you might be accustomed to/or familiar with in (Alta) Califas.

Down here in Baja, there have always been gangs; criminal gangs, street gangs, colonia gangs, congal/downtown gangs, society gangs baptized with apodos like los ninos ricos or juniors, stoner/rocker gangs, cholo gangs, biker gangs, de todo, and but of course the top local brand escuadras (squads), not to mention the police cliques, there’s everything down in this microcosm of a wealthy city, and yes I did say wealthy, because what you see from the outside is but a mascara; it’s almost as if the lords of the city want to keep it looking that way as part of the attraction for visitors to see Mexico as poor and AFFORDABLE, so saca la feria compa! lol Lots of money flows through this city. But then you see the wall-to-wall graffiti covered walls and sidewalks, and on rooftops, and on trees, on every business; graffiti is everywhere, and it goes over peoples heads of its significance; it is a glimpse of just how many young people are out there doing something.

My point of view, and many would disagree with me, I’m sure; I’m just gonna say that this is my perspective on the issue.

Problem number one: The vast number of all type of gangs in the city, from street gangs to hit squads.

Problem number two: The Failure by ALL authorities to recognize that they have a gang problem.

Problem number three: Population growth, too much friction and competition with inadequate arbitration from government, and no real planning on any front. It’s all political.

Problem number four: Guns and Meth

Problem number five: A desensitized citizenry

Whereas before you could blame everything on the cartel violence, such as when decapitated heads, full auto street battles, bodies hanging from bridges and whatever other gruesome killings displayed in public was the reason for the violence, now it is gangs of all types, each with their own beefs and reasons. From cholo gangs in the far eastern sectors of la nueva tijuana, like, mariano matamoros, sanchez Taboada, el florido, and a myriad of other colonias, to stick-up gangs, kidnapping gangs, for-hire gangs, drug gangs, gangs that headquarter at dancehalls (beware), gangs that party hardy on motorcycles or pinche trokones; poor gangs, rich gangs, all kinds of gangs, and guns are readily available; you got the feria, hay un cuete. Everybody has guns, and everybody uses it first if they get a chance, before they get hit

How gangs operate all together and around each other is the amazing part. You can have all the above and more living and interacting in the same colonia; they’re neighbors and most likely know each other from way back; grown in the neighborhood, tu sabes; but everybody has their diff onda, but everybody parties and goes out, and go everywhere, it’s like everybody body knows someone from all diff parts of the city, so the people and the gangs are very mobile, so yeah, you could have per say deported vatos from 18 street living in diff colonias, but they have per say a homeboy with a good business in certain colonia, so they target that colonia to take over, only they have to earn the spot too right, cause nobody gets a free ride: Whereas before a tiendita was assigned by the big dogs, now diff dogs will fight each other for it, and then even below them other sub-gang or cliques have to fight it out to get the job.

With everybody being mobile and armed, and with virtually no prosecution of any real significance due to diff factors; besides corruption; no acknowledgement by any branch of government of having a street gangs type problem. They don’t know how to deal with it, so they refuse to acknowledge it in whole, and they wouldn’t even have the resources and/or skills, even if they had the will.

Street Gangs and Gangs of all kinds is who are out there every day and every night of the year, and no place is sacred, not even the cemeteries.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » February 1st, 2019, 11:10 pm

That seems to be the problem in Mexico. From what it sounds like, people go around committing murders and are rarely caught.

The state of California has been dealing with gangs for so long, the state got efficient at locking everyone away. You get super active out here and you’re just going straight to prison.

As far as graffiti, I’m curious as to how it compares to gang graffiti here. I haven’t been down there since I was a kid, I remember so much graffiti back in the 90’s and most of it didn’t make much sense to me. What I saw was a lot of letters but it was different than the tagging over here.

BPG187
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Ad

Unread post by BPG187 » February 2nd, 2019, 2:47 am

It’s not even just Califas it’s the whole country bro , Latin Kings , Latin Counts whatever else gang out there that has Mexicans in it they getting deported . I ran into A Mexican Crip out there when I was visiting family lmfao. Everything is so loose out there to huh I wouldn’t doubt it that some “enemy’s “ are kicking it with each other just to survive

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 2nd, 2019, 3:14 pm

BPG187 wrote:It’s not even just Califas it’s the whole country bro , Latin Kings , Latin Counts whatever else gang out there that has Mexicans in it they getting deported . I ran into A Mexican Crip out there when I was visiting family lmfao. Everything is so loose out there to huh I wouldn’t doubt it that some “enemy’s “ are kicking it with each other just to survive
true, true

from anywhere, grown up in the hood wherever, west coast, chicago, east coast, from wherever, you got caught and did the time and then got the boot and thrown out down here, you land down here and real soon realize that it's a muthaf,\; throw out whatever concept you had before and mold into the new old you right here; like you said, it's loose down here, but be careful, don't take it so lightly

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 6th, 2019, 12:59 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:

As far as graffiti, I’m curious as to how it compares to gang graffiti here. I haven’t been down there since I was a kid, I remember so much graffiti back in the 90’s and most of it didn’t make much sense to me. What I saw was a lot of letters but it was different than the tagging over here.
orale, well that's one of those things that i hate seeing plastered all over, evry inch is covered by graff, but don't get it twisted, i love graff, just not unstructured graff, and what i mean by that is exactly what you see in Tj, unstructured graff, nothing but stone loco out in the night high on something and throwing up some scribbles -- i don't understand it., i know what it says, but it is stupid in my book., i suppose it only means something to the groups or individuals involved, but from the outside looking in, it ain't nothing of substance to lok at and study, nothing but garbled spray

but to give and answer to your question, the graff being diff than anything you were accustomed to

you have gang graff, krew graff, hobo graff, ding dong graff, opportunity graff, all mixed in together, and nobody paints over graff, so what you end up with is a lot of non-sense graff, no territory marked like in the u.s., no real roll calls, no true messaging, just graff, graff and more graff, everybody doing the graff ore on a kriko high (meth high), just scribbling on opportunity, that's all that is., btw, spray can and glue high is mofo out here, fyi

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » February 7th, 2019, 12:36 pm

BPG187 wrote:It’s not even just Califas it’s the whole country bro , Latin Kings , Latin Counts whatever else gang out there that has Mexicans in it they getting deported . I ran into A Mexican Crip out there when I was visiting family lmfao. Everything is so loose out there to huh I wouldn’t doubt it that some “enemy’s “ are kicking it with each other just to survive
That's true. When my grandpa was in the hospital in Mexico I was talking to a fool who was working in the hospital as security. He was a Latin King from Chicago. He had got deported for an attempted murder.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 8th, 2019, 1:14 am

shaolinmonche wrote:
That's true. When my grandpa was in the hospital in Mexico I was talking to a fool who was working in the hospital as security. He was a Latin King from Chicago. He had got deported for an attempted murder.

back in the day my hood in tj was made up of the local vatos and us from califas who had family and relations grown up in the neighborhood
the homeboys from califas were from oxnard chiques, norwalk, shell town, ws18st, harpys, sidro, diamond, and more that i can't remember right now, so even from way back then tj had a large influx of homies from cali, but now its just an avalanche

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » February 14th, 2019, 1:00 pm

this is a diff kind of war., gov't can't put their finger on it., so many things involved, but nobody even phantoms what's underneath., the rotten core of a human soul after there's nothing left to sustain it in terms of decency and economics., it is as if we're back to the days of noah, everybody for themselves., and it is sad., extremely sad for someone like me., i love this city., when i die and kiss this world goodbye, that's where i want to be laid to rest., burn me up, mash me up, sprinkle my ashes on top of the graves where i have all my departed family resting together., this is where i belong., i already lost a couple of close ones from the streets in this war, so that brings the war closer to home., it is a diff kind of beast these days., seems like the battle lines have grayed in color; a lot of gray color involved., who's who and what's their deal? we're like back in the 1930's chicago, where mob lines are being re-drawn on the regular, and the rest, well the rest fall into street warfare; warring for the crumbs., that's where we're at down here today !!!