Oldest Gangs in OC

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
Chicanoism
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: OC

Re: Oldest Gangs in OC

Unread post by Chicanoism » December 30th, 2019, 8:38 am

Lonewolf wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 2:48 am
Chicanoism wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 10:56 pm
Honorable mentions

PLAS
FIFTH STREET
CALLE FLORES
PLAS, that place goes back to like the 1920's, real old clique out there that's for sure, ey but Calle Flores only goes back to like the mid 70's que no? And Silver Acres would be older than Fifth Street since SAR is from 1970/72 and FSR Diablos is after them, right?
Plas has an old barrio. But the gangs started in Plas in the early 70’s, maybe the late 60’s.

Calle Flores origins go back to the late 60’s.

Silver Acres started in the mid to late 70’s and was gone by the mid 80’s. I was coming up in the mid to late 80’s and nobody my age even knew of Silver Acres. The only reason I knew about them is from older familia mentioned them in a few stories. They tried to make a few comebacks in different spots but have trouble taking control of any streets.

Fifth Street goes back to the early 70’s. Diablos came later. In my time the youngsters started calling themselves Diablos.

Chicanoism
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chicanoism » December 30th, 2019, 8:43 am

Lonewolf wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 2:58 am
Chicanoism wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 10:53 pm
Anaheim
VARRIO LA COLONIA
PENGUINS CITY
TRAVELERS CITY
WEST SIDE ANAHEIM
that would be the lista of the first generation for reals, so keep it going with the next generation of oldest

anaheim
_______
CITRON Manzanita Park
LA FABRICA
UNDERHILL
??
Citron started after Jungle City in the 70’s. Maybe in the early 80’s.

La Fabrica I’ve talked about.

Underhill started in the late 80’s.

There were other gangs that came and left. Barrio Uno, Cedar Street, Benmore, Vermont.

After the original varrios in AHM that I mention I think of Jungle City as being the next oldest out of active gangs. Then maybe Citron and East Side Anaheim.

Chicanoism
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chicanoism » December 30th, 2019, 8:54 am

Lonewolf wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 1:51 am
so i also read that DELHI was named after delhi road, but before the road was called warner, and the place was called Glorieta all the way up to the 1940s, that was the name of the og area around the sugar factory and the trackes, Delhi ACES came up after in the 1950's que no?
Around 1986 I met a couple older homies from Delhi. They were already in their 30’s. The thing I tripped out on with Delhi back then is they were still having scheduled, organized meetings. Still had a president, VP, sergeant at arms, etc, I thought that was firme and made me think of how things used to be for all these old barrios. I was about 13 yeas old. Anyway they told me the gang used to be called Delhi Park for awhile. I’ve never heard that since but it stuck in my mind.

Glorietta was the name of the current community of Delhi before the Mexicans took over. The current Delhi community is pretty big, but the original barrio was small and the original streets are still there.

The Aces were the original social club in Delhi. They might have started in the 40’s or before. I used to hear the 30’s. But by the 40’s they were there.

Chicanoism
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chicanoism » December 30th, 2019, 8:58 am

Lonewolf wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 1:58 am
PENGUIN CITY, that's the original Anaheim "COLONY" around Elm Street and Little Peoples Park, that place goes back to at least the 1950s, que no?

WAR and CST are both from the 1960's no? I'd put my feria on WAR being the oldest by name - varrio still standing as the oldest in Anacrime, my bet
The barrio goes back before that. I’ve seen an old directory from the 30’s when the streets reached beyond what the barrio is today. The houses were all Mexican names.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 30th, 2019, 10:13 pm

What about WAR, i've read that they go back to at least the early 70s, if not older like the 60s ???

Chicanoism
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chicanoism » January 1st, 2020, 9:49 am

Lonewolf wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 10:13 pm
What about WAR, i've read that they go back to at least the early 70s, if not older like the 60s ???
Possibly. The furthest I’ve heard of them going back was the early 70’s. I talk to a lot of veteranos/veteranas on my Instagram accounts. I don’t trust the word of youngsters or outsiders. I will also say the area that WSA claims is not one of the older areas of Anaheim. Tract homes were built there in the late 50’s. How long does it take for a brand new tract of homes to get run down and a gang formed? Always something to keep in mind.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » January 3rd, 2020, 11:06 pm

Lonewolf wrote:
December 27th, 2019, 1:58 am
PENGUIN CITY, that's the original Anaheim "COLONY" around Elm Street and Little Peoples Park, that place goes back to at least the 1950s, que no?

WAR and CST are both from the 1960's no? I'd put my feria on WAR being the oldest by name - varrio still standing as the oldest in Anacrime, my bet

I’m not sure what year Citron St started.
But I know that it was an all Chola gang at first called Los Bad Girls. Eventually vatos got into it and started throwing up Los Bad Boys which later turned into Citron St Los Bad Boys.
A new hood in Anaheim called APK Anaheim Kurupted Players recently became a clique of CST. They throwing up Citron St Los Kurupted Players.

That’s interesting because AKP turf isn’t even close to Citron st.
The heart of CST is like by La Palma and Harbor and Mayfair Ave.

AKP turf is all the way on Colchester Drive like by Gilbert and Ball.