Nortenos in Southern California?

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » July 4th, 2007, 12:35 am

IT AINT NO SURPRISE THERE ARE NORTENOS LIVING AND ROAMING THE STREETS OF SOUTH CALI BUT THEY AINT GOT NO HOOD DOWN HERE THATS A FACT. IM PRETTY SURE FOLKS SEEN NORTENO TAGGINGS DOWN IN SOUTH CALI LIKE I HAVE.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 4th, 2007, 12:42 am

~J~ wrote:Here you go Lonewolf, if it's the true this is what the Norteno is representing:

SOUTHxEASTxSANxDIEGOxCITYxHEIGHTz

VARRIOxCOLONIAxMARAVILLAxCAPITOLxPARKxLOCOz

NORTExCALIFAZxEASTxSIDExSANx408xJOSE
Well he must be older, if he's representing Capitol Park's 1st gen..

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » July 4th, 2007, 12:44 am

^^ WUUUUT MARAVILLA? ANY CONNECTIONS WITH THE MARAVILA FROM ELA?

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » July 4th, 2007, 1:01 am

~J~ wrote:
Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote: .
What this Norteno was saying to me is getting more credibility as we speak... Rollin... you can back me with that b.s youngster Surenos are saying about all Norteno acting Black. I know-knew Nortenos that have a lot of Carnalismo even the real youngster do to an large extent for nowadays. nevermind those so-called Nortenos youngsters.
I can only confirm what I see with my own eyes.

No, there are NO norteno hoods in LA county.

I have seen Nortenos recently, here in LA county, who have the traditional cholo look.

I have also seen Nortenos down here, just passing through, who were flamed up, blinged out n sh-it, flossing, rolling on 20's, advertising "Norte." :shock: I have seen some pobre ones too....

Whether the youngsters up in the bay area act a certain way, I have no clue.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » July 4th, 2007, 1:03 am

NikexCortez wrote:^^ WUUUUT MARAVILLA? ANY CONNECTIONS WITH THE MARAVILA FROM ELA?
NO! Definitely no connection to East Los MV.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » July 4th, 2007, 1:07 am

I WOULDNT HAVE BEEN SURPRISED THOUGH BECAUSE I RAN INTO A MV AND HE STRAIGHT UP SAID SEWERRAT KILLA.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » July 4th, 2007, 1:15 am

NikexCortez wrote:I WOULDNT HAVE BEEN SURPRISED THOUGH BECAUSE I RAN INTO A MV AND HE STRAIGHT UP SAID SEWERRAT KILLA.
We handle ourselves.

For those that don't know whats happening, MVs don't claim Sur or Norte.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » July 4th, 2007, 1:18 am

NikexCortez wrote:I WOULDNT HAVE BEEN SURPRISED THOUGH BECAUSE I RAN INTO A MV AND HE STRAIGHT UP SAID SEWERRAT KILLA.
Definitely no ties to MV. that's an old time insult for Surenos from the Northerners. I wonder how he picked it up? probably hearing a Norteno I guess...

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » July 4th, 2007, 1:20 am

WAS YALL EVER ESES? I UNDERSTAND WHEN YALL GET LOCKED UP YA ROLL WITH THE OTHERS WHICH IS WITH THE ASIANS. WHICH MEANS YALL WOULD BE KOO WITH THE BLACKS IF ANYTHIN. ARE 18ST AND CLOVERS ESES?

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 4th, 2007, 1:27 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
~J~ wrote:Here you go Lonewolf, if it's the true this is what the Norteno is representing:

SOUTHxEASTxSANxDIEGOxCITYxHEIGHTz

VARRIOxCOLONIAxMARAVILLAxCAPITOLxPARKxLOCOz

NORTExCALIFAZxEASTxSIDExSANx408xJOSE
Well he must be older, if he's representing Capitol Park's 1st gen..
When did this varrio start? my guess... late 70's. don't be tight with the info, have I earn it yet 8)

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » July 4th, 2007, 1:35 am

I thought I said this already but here we go again.

I don't doubt that there is Nortenos living in SoCal, working here, visting etc and blending in. But Obviously not starting clicks and having hoods here. Trust me if they were I'd be the first to say it. I have nothing against Nortern Cali, sense I never lived there and don't know anyone there. I said before I used to sit right next to a kid who claimed Norte in my english class, at a continuation high school that I went to when I was in the 11th grade..He didn't fit the "acting black" stereotype at all. But he also didn't dress like the cholos from here. so if it wasn't for him wearing a hat that said NORTHSIDE and having wrote Norte 14 all over his folder, nobody wouldve thought he banged....so he blended in for a while until he wore that hat. Once people found out he banged Norte, that was it though...Seriously, what can 1 guy do? LOL..

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » July 4th, 2007, 1:59 am

NikexCortez wrote:WAS YALL EVER ESES? I UNDERSTAND WHEN YALL GET LOCKED UP YA ROLL WITH THE OTHERS WHICH IS WITH THE ASIANS. WHICH MEANS YALL WOULD BE KOO WITH THE BLACKS IF ANYTHIN. ARE 18ST AND CLOVERS ESES?
Yeah, we rolled with the SouthSide but things happened. The thing is MV pre-dates Sur/Norte. So when the South/North thing came into play, we still kept it like we always were and emphasized the MV (while still acknowledging the business with 13). The Rascals MV, who came up in the early 80's, well into the South/North era, keep the 13 in their name--the other ones, do not.

Far as who MV's roll with? To all non Chicanos, we are Mexicans from LOS, point blank. Some individuals do roll with their homies from Sur and some kick it on their own with other MVs.

18st does claim Sur.

Bassettsgv
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bassettsgv » July 4th, 2007, 11:17 am

I don't believe all that Nortenos in Sol Cal thing .. If THere was a norteno hood down here i'd grab my chair go the marqueta buy me a pack of cheves and go chill in their hood and im pretty sure alot of other surenos would do the same thing ..

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 4th, 2007, 1:58 pm

I thought that Capitol Park's 1st gen started in the 1970's, but I'm not sure. I think they have 4 generations. So how do you know Capitol Park's Colonia Maravilla, has no connections to MV? I'm just wondering, because I would like to know. What if MV went to SJ before the frontera and decided to go w/14 when it went down? I'm not saying that happened, but just wondering if it could have been a possibility.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 4th, 2007, 2:46 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:I thought that Capitol Park's 1st gen started in the 1970's, but I'm not sure. I think they have 4 generations. So how do you know Capitol Park's Colonia Maravilla, has no connections to MV? I'm just wondering, because I would like to know. What if MV went to SJ before the frontera and decided to go w/14 when it went down? I'm not saying that happened, but just wondering if it could have been a possibility.
You're right, I can't say for sure. I should of give it the benefit of the doubt. Rollin_inmy_SixFo said there were no ties but I just assuming. I'm going to ask the Ene about it but I doubt he will tell me any more details and don't blame him either.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 5th, 2007, 2:25 pm

What up J? . . Rollin' is right, all of us Raza down here consider MARAVILLA'S to be part of the Family even though they ain't with the Sur camp, they still from the homegrounds and they roll around the dirt just like the rest. Maravilla's are from the old-school of Varrios and are prone to do things their way, nevertheless, they are "CHICANOSMEXICANS" from the LOS and as such, they're are "in my book" much a part of the establishment.

Ey J, I ain't got nothing against Norte, Bulldog Nation, Maravilla, Sureños, CCuzzins or BBloods, I'am all "neutral" in the game today ~~> in fact, I ain't even in the game today, so I ain't got no incentive to lie my a*s on this one topic. . So here it is from my riding around this and that town . . There ain't no Norteño Varrios down here south of Bakers or Santa Bruta, all LOS, all DIEGO, all ORANGE, all INSANE, all the High & Low Deserts, they're all Sureños as far as I have been able to see and hear. "However" there is "North Sides" to Varrios like the old NS Clantone 14 in North Hollywood, NS Bolen Parque, North Side Pasa, North Side Wilmas, North Side Wilmas, North Side Redondo, North Side Indio and some more, but that don't mean that they are Norteños, cause they're all Sur and oldies at that. . I'm sure there's plenty of vatos who either spent time up North or lived up there and had to relocate, and I'm sure there's vatos from Norte who have their huevos big and heavy and are kicking it down here representing their corazon, but they don't have any established hoods. That's all common knowledge down here. I personally prefer it that way too because if there was a varrio from Norte that decided to put up the flag, I'd hate to see the blood spill over cause we got enough blood being shed within our own local rivalries and putting up a Norte Flag down here will undoubtedly bring down too many crazy triggers trying to get a piece of the action. . Ey J, I stay half & half south of the border and up here in Diego, and I know enough people all over San Diego and Tijuas to know that there ain't no Norte Varrios down here. I can run it all down again if you like, either Tijuas or San Diego cause these are my grounds these days, and I can take you back to the late 60's on some Varrios and their histories, even before this grand modern day feud between Norte and Sur ~~ "which I don't care much" even though I get all into some pettiness sometimes.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 5th, 2007, 3:01 pm

^ Well said. go ahead with the heads up on the San Diego Gang History.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 5th, 2007, 3:20 pm

~J~ wrote:^ Well said. go ahead with the heads up on the San Diego Gang History.
Where would you like me to start? Cause if you read my Blog Pages you already got Sidro, Red Steps, Sherman, Lomas and Tijuas in there.

I got a litlle more spills at Allhood and all over this Streetgangs.com, there was plenty more in my hacked Brown Kingdom, so for me to go into all that, I can generalize, but on the specifics ~~> I'm still working on some . . .

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 6th, 2007, 3:55 pm

You know what I've been noticing from various message boards? Nortenos constantly explaining the Black correlation, and trying to distance themselves from it. I.E., "over here in San Jose, it's not like that", or, "Here in the Central Valley, it's not like that". First of all, it is like that, rather you want to believe it or not. All anyone has to do is visit and see for themselves.

If younger Nortenos would rather take in Black culture than Chicano culture, then who's really to blame? It could be that Blacks and Mexicans were meant to be united, and share their cultures with one another. Because, in most of California, it's happening. it's even happening in L.A. in places where gangs aren't as prevalent. Go to the mainstream clubs. You'll see plenty of Latinos in L.A. kicking it with Blacks. So, maybe that old Cholo style was meant to give away? I mean, what was it's purpose to begin with? Seriously? It was to kill other Mexicans. Mexican on Mexican. I'm not talking about the Pachucos that took it to the white boys in the Zoot Suit riots (and could have sent those racist rednecks on the run if they had a better relationships with the Blacks on Central ave., because the Blacks on Central ave. were waiting for those sailors and had a surprise for them, to the tune of bats and malatov cocktails).

Could it be that the cholo culture is destined to bad karma, for it's dark nature, and that's the reason why the youth don't want to be down with it? I don't think they want to be down in L.A, either. Again, go to the mainstream clubs. Go to any of the radio events. Hella Mexicans there with their ball caps on sideways, and hynas wearing fubu. I think it's really just the Mexican Mafia checking varrios who co op with Black culture.

The truth is that the cholo style is outdated. It serves no purpose in the world we live in today. But the Black culture does. It's vibrant. The whole world is down with it. France, German, LATIN AMERICA, Africa, Asia. Been to Japan? Jay Z is the f'n Elvis Presley of Japan. A Wu Tang concert in Japan is like Woodstock here in America. HUGE. Hundreds of thousands of Japanese hip hoppers flood in to the place.

Now, the Brown Beret style? The Pachuco style , or a modern day version? That would certainly serve a purpose in the world we live in today. Because it's a culture that others have access to. And, you need that co op in order to have power. Did anyone really think Mexicans were going to take over the world? Jesus Christ, you guys really have been hanging out with Nazi types in prison, haven't you? With that type of mentality. No doubt that's where hard core L.A. cholos picked it up. Where else?

Blacks, Mexicans, all Latinos, Asians, Europeans, American Whites who want change and aren't afraid of a world where people of all races and colors have the same access to wealth that that they do, and aren't afraid to live amongst people of different races, need to stick together because that's the only way there will ever be change. The cholo culture is just light years behind. That's why little Nortenos would rather act Black than act like cholos. Because they know which way's up, and know what goes nowhere. They've seen what's wound up of their tios who were old school cholo Nortenos. They don't want that. They like the hip hop culture. They see hope in it, even if it is all twisted right now with the material obsessions. But the political aspect of it is still there, and it's message is far more appealing than the message that Chicanos need to stick to their own.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » July 6th, 2007, 4:37 pm

stillnoscript: Now I know why your name is what it is. Enough of your condescending posts. Has any good actor or writer ever done anything noteworthy using INTERNET INFO? Anyway, if the cholo style and/or Chicanos are a non factor, no culture, unappealing mass then why are you even here, trying to have discussions about OUR subculture?

ANYWAY:

TRUE HIP HOP...

CHOLOS

Nothing wrong with borrowing from other cultures but to say that Chicanos have no influence is BULLSH-IT!

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » July 6th, 2007, 4:56 pm

ONE MORE TIME:

TRUE HIP HOP...

CHOLO INFLUENCE

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 6th, 2007, 7:17 pm

^^^ LOL that G-Unit one is a real stretch

I'm not even bias I think Rolllin' is just taking this too far you're taking pics from like 20 years apart! Of course they look different

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 6th, 2007, 7:50 pm

StillNoScript wrote:You know what I've been noticing from various message boards? Nortenos constantly explaining the Black correlation, and trying to distance themselves from it. I.E., "over here in San Jose, it's not like that", or, "Here in the Central Valley, it's not like that". First of all, it is like that, rather you want to believe it or not. All anyone has to do is visit and see for themselves.

If younger Nortenos would rather take in Black culture than Chicano culture, then who's really to blame? It could be that Blacks and Mexicans were meant to be united, and share their cultures with one another. Because, in most of California, it's happening. it's even happening in L.A. in places where gangs aren't as prevalent. Go to the mainstream clubs. You'll see plenty of Latinos in L.A. kicking it with Blacks. So, maybe that old Cholo style was meant to give away? I mean, what was it's purpose to begin with? Seriously? It was to kill other Mexicans. Mexican on Mexican. I'm not talking about the Pachucos that took it to the white boys in the Zoot Suit riots (and could have sent those racist rednecks on the run if they had a better relationships with the Blacks on Central ave., because the Blacks on Central ave. were waiting for those sailors and had a surprise for them, to the tune of bats and malatov cocktails).

Could it be that the cholo culture is destined to bad karma, for it's dark nature, and that's the reason why the youth don't want to be down with it? I don't think they want to be down in L.A, either. Again, go to the mainstream clubs. Go to any of the radio events. Hella Mexicans there with their ball caps on sideways, and hynas wearing fubu. I think it's really just the Mexican Mafia checking varrios who co op with Black culture.

The truth is that the cholo style is outdated. It serves no purpose in the world we live in today. But the Black culture does. It's vibrant. The whole world is down with it. France, German, LATIN AMERICA, Africa, Asia. Been to Japan? Jay Z is the f'n Elvis Presley of Japan. A Wu Tang concert in Japan is like Woodstock here in America. HUGE. Hundreds of thousands of Japanese hip hoppers flood in to the place.

Now, the Brown Beret style? The Pachuco style , or a modern day version? That would certainly serve a purpose in the world we live in today. Because it's a culture that others have access to. And, you need that co op in order to have power. Did anyone really think Mexicans were going to take over the world? Jesus Christ, you guys really have been hanging out with Nazi types in prison, haven't you? With that type of mentality. No doubt that's where hard core L.A. cholos picked it up. Where else?

Blacks, Mexicans, all Latinos, Asians, Europeans, American Whites who want change and aren't afraid of a world where people of all races and colors have the same access to wealth that that they do, and aren't afraid to live amongst people of different races, need to stick together because that's the only way there will ever be change. The cholo culture is just light years behind. That's why little Nortenos would rather act Black than act like cholos. Because they know which way's up, and know what goes nowhere. They've seen what's wound up of their tios who were old school cholo Nortenos. They don't want that. They like the hip hop culture. They see hope in it, even if it is all twisted right now with the material obsessions. But the political aspect of it is still there, and it's message is far more appealing than the message that Chicanos need to stick to their own.
WELL BLOW ME DOWN WITH THAT ONE ~~> STRAIGHT OUTTA LEFT FIELD . . .

Maybe it is like you said, maybe the Cholo style is outdated "for some" but I happen to beleive that it is very much alive, the things is that while the Black hip hop world is being propagated by the mass media, on the other hand the Cholo style has been demonized and secluded, branded as foreign "Mexican" and non-American. . People nowadays just want to get laid and fly high, they could care less about being real. They talk about and act up, but for the most part, they ain't real, they are "media products" . . Nevertheless the Cholo style survives in the Chicano world, but in the Mexican world here in the U.S. is where you see so many young lads sporting that lid sideways, cause they ain't picked up on the culture of old. Maybe that's why you see South Siders putting up such a front against. Its a struggle to preserve our our stilo no doubt, and we are a dyeing breed, but keep one thing in mind ~~> it was the old Chicano world that kept it cool with Blacks, but now you're facing something way different and unpredictable. . The cholo style may be blending in with the times, but the attitude continues, and it is spreading.

steve84

nortenos in the sur

Unread post by steve84 » July 7th, 2007, 12:44 am

they have em in el centro and holtville also in yuma az

steve84

surenos in the sur

Unread post by steve84 » July 7th, 2007, 1:34 am

I have seen fools decked out in red in holtville wether they were nortenos or not i dont know but i have read an fbi file ( declassified that states the nf had a faction in imperial valley wich is el centro and holtville ) also nortenos are deep in yuma arizona. sets such as plaza naked city etc they even had graffiti on the wall that said "fuck you sur 13"

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 7th, 2007, 1:35 pm

I'd like to throw in a quote with regards to the Norteno/Black angle from BIG RUSTY that I highly agree with...

BIG RUSTY quote: "I wanna comment about the notion of Nortenos always being "FLAMED UP" and calling each other "NIGGA". From my experiences the Nortenos that act or talk "Black" or are flamed up seem to be youngsters that are influenced by hip hop or rap.Ive been around and met Nortenos fron Fresno to santa rosa and the majority of them have there own idenity meaning they don't act "Black" or wear red from head to toe. Different Norte areas have different Norte styles.In the Fresno county part of the valley the Nortenos or Bulldogs have the triditonal cholo look(baggy creased pant, ben davis jackets,xl shirts ect).Also the majority of the nortenos ive met in san fran dress the same way.Granted in some parts of the bay the nortenos are influenced by black culture but again that's young kids. NO real Northern Vet acts that way.Nortenos in san jose,salinas and places like watsonville,and gilroy don't act black to me.Honestly i can only think of maybe 2to3 times where ive heard a Norteno call another Norteno nigga.Ive heard way more Asian and White cats call there homeboys nigga then northern chicanos.As far as how nortenos sport red,well the ones i know usually have a red creased flag, some kind of red shirt and thats about it.Some might sport a 49ers hat or some kind of red trim in there shoes but ive never seen a Norteno in nothing but red(thats what being flamed up means to me),eccept on some gang web sites on the net.You got to remember that there is way more mexicans in ALL of california than there is blacks so to say that Nortenos turned they're backs on chicano culture and want to be black,well thats just crazy."

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 7th, 2007, 1:58 pm

Let me add, you threw a curveball with your last statement. I'm :? here's one of your quotes "I think Nortenos that are influenced by hip hop are still more Chicano than Black. Norteno Chicano culture is deep rooted and it's not disappearing overnight."

Also, Cholo/Lowrider culture has heavy influence within those in Japan's newer generation. we all know about Central America.

yo foo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yo foo » September 9th, 2007, 3:56 pm

Proof that Nuestra Familia operates in SoCal... and it looks like they operate big time drug deals. And that they are big in Bakersfield (I remember seeing people disputing that NF pushes weight in Bakers)
Christina Marie wrote:McGregor W. Scott
United States Attorney
Eastern District of California

Sacramento
501 I. Street, Ste 10-100
Sacramento CA 95814
Tel (916) 554-2700
TTY (916) 554-2855
NEWS RELEASE

Fresno
2500 Tulare St., Suite 4401
Fresno, CA 93721
Tel (559) 497-4000
TTY (559) 497-4500
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 11, 2007 Contact: Rosemary Shaul, 916-554-2700
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/cae

MASSIVE CENTRAL VALLEY AND BAY AREA NUESTRA FAMILIA GROUP DISMANTLED
SACRAMENTO--United States Attorney McGregor W. Scott announced today that a federal grand jury returned an indictment in Sacramento against MARIO DIAZ, Jr., 34, of Los Banos; LARRY SIXTO AMARO, 40 of Hanford; GERARDO LOPEZ MORA, 30, of Salinas; ERNEST PAUL KILLINGER, 30, of Orangevale; FERNANDO VILLALPANDO, 38, of Moreno Valley; JASON MICHAEL STEWART HANSON, 33, of Los Banos; ALVARO COBIAN GOMEZ, 37, of Los Banos; BISMARK MARTIN OCAMPO, 37, of Petaluma; BENJAMIN SANTOS CASTRO, 31, of San Francisco; MARCOS ANTHONY GOMEZ, Jr., 28, of San Francisco; EDWARD FUENTES, 27, of Merced; RICHARD MENDOZA, 23, of Castroville; ERNESTO BRAVO TEJEDA, 37, of Madera; LEO TORRES, 34, of Dos Palos; DAVID PEREZ RAMIREZ, 27, of Manteca; FAUSTINO GONZALES, 29 of Salinas; OSCAR CAMPOS PADILLA, 26, of Castroville; JOSE ANGEL VILLASENOR, 33, of Fremont; MANUEL GAUNA, 39, of Salinas; THURMAN LEE MAXWELL, 37, of Warren, Ohio; ANDREA CADENA, 29, of Los Banos; MANUEL SOMORA CADENA, 56, of Salinas; PEDRO ANTHONY RIOS, III, 47, of Salinas; SOPHIA CORELLA SANCHEZ, 28, of Marina; VALDEMAR SALAZAR CAMBUNGA, 49, of Los Banos; and GABRIEL CARACHEO, 34, of Salinas; charging them with conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute methamphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, and ecstasy, two counts of distribution of methamphetamine, one count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine, and one count of possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine.

A related indictment was returned on June 7, 2007, by a federal grand jury sitting in Fresno charging FIDEL RAMON CASTRO, aka "Mouse," aka "Mousey," 33; VINCENT RIVERA, 43; CRYSTAL CASTRO, 22; JULIA QUIROZ, 38; WILLIAM EUGENE CONNELLY, 50; all of Bakersfield, California, and JUAN VILLALOBOS ARIAS, 51; ALEJANDRA ARIAS, 20; and MARIA VICTORIA MARQUEZ PULIDO, 40; all of Fontana, California, with one count of conspiracy to distribute and to possess with the intent to distribute methamphetamine, cocaine, and marijuana, seven counts of distribution of methamphetamine, two counts of distribution of cocaine, one count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine, and one count of possession with intent to distribute marijuana.

The two indictments are the product of an intensive investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Stockton Violent Crime Task Force, the San Joaquin County Metropolitan Narcotics Task Force (METRO), the Stockton Police Department, and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in Bakersfield into the activities of two separate drug trafficking organizations which aligned together to distribute methamphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, and ecstasy. The FBI investigation dubbed "Operation Valley Star," focused on the Mario DIAZ Drug Trafficking Organization (DIAZ DTO), which was responsible for distributing large amounts of illegal narcotics, including methamphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, and ecstasy throughout the Eastern and Northern Districts of California, with supply lines from Mexico and distribution channels reaching to other United States cities, including Warren, Ohio, and Atlanta, Georgia. The DIAZ DTO operates under the umbrella of the NUESTRA FAMILIA (NF), a violent Hispanic prison gang based within the California prison system whose members exert control over street-level Norteño gang members engaged in drug trafficking and violent crime. DIAZ operated an urban clothing store in Los Banos, California, called Geez Clothing.

The DEA investigation dubbed "Operation Dictator," focused on the activities of Fidel Ramon CASTRO, a convicted drug trafficker, who also operated an urban clothing store called Geez Clothing in Bakersfield. According to the court record, CASTRO and his associates obtained cocaine smuggled into Southern California from Mexico and then sold it to drug trafficking organizations, including the DIAZ DTO. In addition, it is alleged that CASTRO was also involved in the distribution of methamphetamine, marijuana, and ecstasy. The DEA was assisted in its investigation by agents and officers of the Riverside DEA, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), Bakersfield Police Department, Kern County Sheriff's Department, Southern Tri-County High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA), and Rialto Police Department.

According to United States Attorney Scott, as a result of the collaborative law enforcement effort, agents arrested a total of 39 individuals and executed 28 federal search warrants in the Central Valley, San Francisco, and Monterey Bay Areas, and Southern California, and have seized:

FBI Seizures from Operation Valley Star
-148 pounds of methamphetamine
-17 kilograms of cocaine
-60 marijuana plants in an indoor grow operation discovered in Stockton
-13 firearms
-approximately $81,000 in cash
-2006 Chrysler 300M with an estimated value of $19,000
-2006 745 BMW with an estimated value of $30,000

DEA Seizures from Operation Dictator
-15 kilograms of cocaine
-247.7 grams of methamphetamine
-188 marijuana plants and approximately 1 pound of processed marijuana at a medicinal dispensary, Seven Seas, affiliated with the CASTRO group
-approximately $50,000 in cash
-3 vehicles
-1 uzi
-1 bulletproof vest.

"Federal, state and local law enforcement are to be commended for their outstanding work on this exhaustive investigation. Their efforts demonstrate an unyielding resolve to fight the increasingly sophisticated and organized tactics of today's drug traffickers," said United States Attorney Scott.

DEA Special Agent in Charge Javier Pena of the San Francisco Field Division stated, "The ages, nationalities and gender of the defendants are as different as the drugs they trafficked but what remains consistent is the DEA's commitment to end drug gangs from operating in Northern California. Having the help of our federal and local partners continues to be a major factor in our ability to bring drug traffickers like these to justice."

Drew Parenti, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI in Sacramento, said "The success of Operation Valley Star is an example of the significant accomplishments that can occur when agencies from the Federal, State and Local level combine resources and manpower to combat critical crime issues in their territory. This investigation has struck a significant blow to Nuestra Familia, a violent prison gang that directs the criminal activities of Norteno street gang members in Northern California."

According to Assistant United States Attorneys Jason Hitt and Karen A. Escobar, who are prosecuting the cases, if convicted of the conspiracy charges, the defendants in each case face a minimum prison sentence of ten years, a maximum term of life, and a fine of $4,000,000. However, because DIAZ, AMARO, KILLINGER, OCAMPO, STEWART HANSON, GAUNA, CADENA, CARACHEO, and CASTRO have prior felony drug convictions, they are each facing a mandatory minimum prison term of twenty years, a maximum term of life, and a fine of $8,000,000.

The Sacramento defendants are next scheduled to appear on July 12, 2007, before United States Magistrate Judge Edmund F. Brennan for arraignment and plea on the Sacramento indictment. The Fresno defendants are next scheduled to appear before United States District Judge Anthony W. Ishii on July 30, 2007, for a status conference.

The charges are only allegations and the defendants are presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

http://sacramento.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/p ... 071107.htm

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » September 10th, 2007, 12:55 am

yo foo wrote:Proof that Nuestra Familia operates in SoCal... and it looks like they operate big time drug deals. And that they are big in Bakersfield (I remember seeing people disputing that NF pushes weight in Bakers)
^ I was guessing with regards to Nortenos not the Heavyweight on that, being that Sur has been up North since around the begining and Bakers appears to be more Sur these days although it use to be Norte frontline if it isn't anymore.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 10th, 2007, 12:24 pm

Here's some fotos from Mi Vida Loca magazine.
If anyobody know if any of those are in the book cholo style, then let me know. I have some MVL mag's for sale by the way.

yo foo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yo foo » September 10th, 2007, 10:17 pm

~J~ wrote:
yo foo wrote:Proof that Nuestra Familia operates in SoCal... and it looks like they operate big time drug deals. And that they are big in Bakersfield (I remember seeing people disputing that NF pushes weight in Bakers)
^ I was guessing with regards to Nortenos not the Heavyweight on that, being that Sur has been up North since around the begining and Bakers appears to be more Sur these days although it use to be Norte frontline if it isn't anymore.
Bakers is still the line that seperates Norte/Sur properly.

MMRbkarudog posted this
http://www.kget.com/mediacenter/local.a ... o.kget.com
In the news they straight up only talk about Nortenos.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » September 11th, 2007, 7:04 pm

I still think Culver City is considered like Nortenos to me...they where hella red and all bangd out. Maybe its just me?

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - West Coast - U.S.A.”