Gang Shootings in Riverside

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Gang Shootings in Riverside

Unread post by stamps » June 11th, 2005, 4:12 pm

Police tie shootings to gangs

RIVERSIDE: Seven people are injured in four shootings in a two-day period last weekend.

01:15 AM PDT on Saturday, June 11, 2005

By SARAH BURGE / The Press-Enterprise

RIVERSIDE - When four shootings occurred in 48 hours last weekend, even the police were surprised.

The shootings were not connected, but they may all be gang-related, said Riverside police Sgt. Frank Assumma.

Six people were shot, but no one was killed, police said. A 9-year-old bystander was slightly injured in one incident. The shootings are being investigated as attempted homicides.

"We don't usually see this much violence in as many different areas as we are now," Assumma said

Assumma said police linked the shootings to gangs based on where they happened and other factors that he would not elaborate on.

He and Officer Phil Fernandez summarized the weekend violence:

About 8 p.m. June 4, a 23-year-old man was walking on Linden Street near Douglas Avenue when he heard shots. He took off running, but a bullet struck his right heel. A 9-year-old girl standing nearby was struck by debris from the gunshots, but received only minor scrapes.

Shortly after midnight Sunday, a man was in the McDonald's parking lot on University Avenue when three men in a 2000 Chrysler confronted him. One of the men asked where he was from. Someone in the car started shooting and the victim was hit once.

At about 7:45 p.m. Sunday, a group of teenagers was sitting on a bench in Villegas Park when a man approached them and fired six to eight shots. A 15-year-old boy was hit in the head, and a 17-year-old boy was hit in the torso and arm. Both are expected to recover.

Later, at about 9:15 p.m., a group of men was playing basketball on Haskell Street near Shawnee Avenue in Casa Blanca when another man approached them and fired five to six shots. A 25-year-old man was hit in the leg, and a 21-year-old man was hit in the torso and right knee.

Incidents involving gangs are difficult to investigate because victims and witnesses are reluctant to talk, Assumma said.

Assumma said the gang picture in Riverside is complicated. Not only are there "indigenous gangs," but there is an influx of big LA gangs across the city.

Overall, gang violence in Riverside has declined, he said. "When I got here, back in 1991, it was just horrendous."

Police ask that anyone with information about the shootings contact the investigations division at (951) 320-8000.

Reach Sarah Burge at (951) 368-9642 or sburge@pe.com

pinky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by pinky » June 11th, 2005, 9:35 pm

so do you know if they were all mexican or were thier different races ya know.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » June 11th, 2005, 11:28 pm

Not sure,,but the Linden shooting was probably Black on Brown,,because the eastside is jumping off with that.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: vegas

Unread post by tysuave » June 13th, 2005, 2:53 am

damb stamps you putting all the busness online bout the hood did you grow up on the E? im from east riverside homie!!

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » June 13th, 2005, 9:42 am

Naw,,I grew up in Pasadena,,but I've been in Riverside since 89.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 14th, 2005, 1:14 pm

thats cool the reason why I asked that cuzz you know alot about my the real in my hood so i thought i might know you it's all good thou.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » June 14th, 2005, 5:37 pm

what blood and crip gangs are in riverside anyway?

pinky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by pinky » June 14th, 2005, 9:15 pm

shit all i know is 1200 block thats all i know.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » June 14th, 2005, 11:56 pm

tysuave..no problem,,I just know alot from being here so many years...Killjoy,,if u run a search,,the topic has been covered..but basically, there are no Blood gangs in Riverside,,only San Bernardino..Gilbert St., Delman Heights..ect.. There are several Crip gangs and a whole lot more Hispanic Gangs.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » June 15th, 2005, 12:00 am

Crips... 1200 Blocc which includes Georgia St. Mob and Crippin Young Gangsters... 29th St. Westside Pj's (Rubidoux), 2800 Blocc (Casa Blanca),,

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 15th, 2005, 2:22 am

pinky wrote:shit all i know is 1200 block thats all i know.
im from G.S.M who is you pinkey

pinky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by pinky » June 15th, 2005, 5:05 pm

tysuave wrote:
pinky wrote:shit all i know is 1200 block thats all i know.
im from G.S.M who is you pinkey
lol im just anotha nigga from the IE homie.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » June 15th, 2005, 7:00 pm

i heard of 1200 blocc as a matter of fact i seen this video when this black guy sucker punched this white guy like a b-tch and the black guy was like 1200 blocc nigga and all this other sh-t but he a hoe for having to sucker punch a skinny ass white dude

jaNky1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jaNky1 » June 15th, 2005, 11:13 pm

i have a homie from 1200 blocc named rosco...that nigga was cool crippin but i aint heard about them in a while i just heard stories about them bein under estimated cuz of where they reside at

pinky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by pinky » June 15th, 2005, 11:48 pm

jaNky1 wrote:i have a homie from 1200 blocc named rosco...that nigga was cool crippin but i aint heard about them in a while i just heard stories about them bein under estimated because of where they reside at
yeah niggas from the LA dont give does niggas that much respect and really i dont know why but that might change in a couple of months though with niggas gettin active.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 16th, 2005, 1:31 am

pinky wrote: yeah niggas from the LA dont give does niggas that much respect and really i dont know why but that might change in a couple of months though with niggas gettin active.
thats funny cuzz every time i run into somebody from la in riverside they allways say how cool they is with some of my homies and tell me stories of what they did toghter or what they seen em do to somebody else, on the real we the only active blacc hood in riverside on the above post about the shooting in riverside it might have been one of the homies you never know and of course i wont say.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » June 16th, 2005, 12:09 pm

K1LLJOY wrote:i heard of 1200 blocc as a matter of fact i seen this video when this black guy sucker punched this white guy like a b-tch and the black guy was like 1200 blocc nigga and all this other sh-t but he a hoe for having to sucker punch a skinny ass white dude

i dont think that was the same 1200 because that guy in the video said Corona 1200 or something.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » June 16th, 2005, 5:23 pm

yeah yeah he said korona.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 16th, 2005, 11:29 pm

K1LLJOY wrote:yeah yeah he said korona.
yea cuzz if it was one of my homies, i whould have know who it was, and on top of all that he whould have got x ed off the hood for some dumb s**t like that.

jaNky1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jaNky1 » June 17th, 2005, 12:29 am

aint 1200 blocc east coast crippin in riverside...i heard they ECC 1200 BLK CRIP

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 17th, 2005, 12:45 am

jaNky1 wrote:aint 1200 blocc east coast crippin in riverside...i heard they ECC 1200 BLK CRIP
yea thats what the older homies claim but my hood georgia street mob we were the baby 12's but alot of us are older now some just claim G.S.M 2100 blocc crip flip the one around it's still 1200 we basceley hold the hood down now most of the big homies from 12 is locced up now all the young nigga's want to claim g.s.m now, but were still condsered as the baby 12's when i say were im from niggas allways say oh you from 12, but yea the big homies claim east coast since the 80's when 12 started.most east coast niggas from the city give it up for us on roll call from what been told by the ones i choped it up with..

jaNky1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jaNky1 » June 17th, 2005, 1:01 am

oh aight...who they beef with homey

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 19th, 2005, 1:43 am

jaNky1 wrote:oh aight...who they beef with homey
right now we into it with the sa's the tiny dukes and all east side rivas real hard the shootings you hear about on the east side is either us are them.

jaNky1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jaNky1 » June 19th, 2005, 1:32 pm

oh aight

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » June 25th, 2005, 11:43 pm

Yea but 1200 Blocc is pretty weak right now. It's been heating up on the eastside,,but it's nothing like the late 80's early 90's. 1200 Blocc claims East Coast Blocc Crip,,they don't claim Inland Empire because they don't get along with any hood from the I.E. When 1200 Blocc came up in the mid 1980's,,they had a connection with ECC,,but all 1200 Blocc's are from Riverside.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 27th, 2005, 2:20 am

[quote="stamps"]Yea but 1200 Blocc is pretty weak right now. It's been heating up on the eastside,,but it's nothing like the late 80's early 90's. 1200 Blocc claims East Coast Blocc Crip,,they don't claim Inland Empire because they don't get along with any hood from the I.E. When 1200 Blocc came up in the mid 1980's,,they had a connection with ECC,,but all 1200 Blocc's are from Riverside.[/quote

your right it's not like the late 80's early 90's when the hood was strong, you have to look at it like this stamps, most of the real gees is locced up shoot callers looced up no one's really in the hood right now encept for little homies now days when you here something that poped offed in the hood it's my homies from georgia street the police dont even let us hang out period, they see us in the hood deep youre going to jail they also put camreas up at boardwell park so the hood is hot but to keep it real 12's is almost none factors my hood GEORGIA STREET is putting in the work right now for the hood with the little homies we have left on the streets right now it's mainley my homies that shut the clubs down in riverside (coyte ugly)if you been there more then likeley you ran into one of the homies also we keep it craccin with the sa's we do more to them then they do to us if you checc the stats!but as for me im geetin kind of old now late 20's got kids so im just on call now lol I only get out when the homies need me haven't got that call yet thank GOD and it's a few others like me but all in all we still around probley the place were you can see the most homies at is the club now cuzz like i said the hood is hot!

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » June 27th, 2005, 11:30 am

so gsm puttin it down then so ther aint no kind of blood gangs in riverside at all?

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » June 27th, 2005, 3:21 pm

tysuave wrote:
stamps wrote:Yea but 1200 Blocc is pretty weak right now. It's been heating up on the eastside,,but it's nothing like the late 80's early 90's. 1200 Blocc claims East Coast Blocc Crip,,they don't claim Inland Empire because they don't get along with any hood from the I.E. When 1200 Blocc came up in the mid 1980's,,they had a connection with ECC,,but all 1200 Blocc's are from Riverside.[/quote

your right it's not like the late 80's early 90's when the hood was strong, you have to look at it like this stamps, most of the real gees is locced up shoot callers looced up no one's really in the hood right now encept for little homies now days when you here something that poped offed in the hood it's my homies from georgia street the police dont even let us hang out period, they see us in the hood deep youre going to jail they also put camreas up at boardwell park so the hood is hot but to keep it real 12's is almost none factors my hood GEORGIA STREET is putting in the work right now for the hood with the little homies we have left on the streets right now it's mainley my homies that shut the clubs down in riverside (coyte ugly)if you been there more then likeley you ran into one of the homies also we keep it craccin with the sa's we do more to them then they do to us if you checc the stats!but as for me im geetin kind of old now late 20's got kids so im just on call now lol I only get out when the homies need me haven't got that call yet thank GOD and it's a few others like me but all in all we still around probley the place were you can see the most homies at is the club now cuzz like i said the hood is hot!
Yea, your right...can't even compare the 80's and 90's with today. But like you said, it's still crackin on the eastside, it's just that it's more low key than it used to be..aright,,be coo.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 27th, 2005, 11:42 pm

K1LLJOY wrote:so gsm puttin it down then so ther aint no kind of blood gangs in riverside at all?
from what I hear in the hood it's some blood niggas that got a dope spot on enterprize st.on the east side I think they from some hood in L.A I hear it's like 7 or 8 of em thats over there that just show how much the hood changed, back in the day that spot whould have been boared up but I guess we to busy with the mexicans right now but I know some of the homies had some run in's with em.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » June 28th, 2005, 12:02 am

Yea!!,,I heard the same thing, but u know how it goes,,making money is making money..I know that in the old day's,,the 12's would've rode on them bloods! I thought it was a mutual agreement they could be there,,but that's just talk.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by tysuave » June 28th, 2005, 12:22 am

stamps wrote:Yea!!,,I heard the same thing, but u know how it goes,,making money is making money..I know that in the old day's,,the 12's would've rode on them bloods! I thought it was a mutual agreement they could be there,,but that's just talk.
stamps you might be right cause last I heard on that was one of the homies went overthere and holla'ed at them but as far as I know they still over there so maybe thats what happend ill have to get the word on that.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » June 28th, 2005, 1:29 am

Alright then,,,It's not a big deal,,but that's a trip though,,I never thought 12's would do that,,but I know the Hispanics on the Eastside are trippin hard! I hear that alot, and the summer's coming too..so hopefully it's not crazy,,I live in the area..