Jamaica

Mexico and El Salvador has received the most international recognition for street gang development as a result of US deportation, but other countries in South & Central America & the Caribbean including Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Domincan Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti [d'Haïti], Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico [Estados Unidos Mexicanos], Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru [Perú], Puerto Rico, Suriname, Uruguay, Venenzuela and many other islands in the Caribbean.
Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 20th, 2005, 9:52 am

I don't know if it's true but they say PNP, the more anti-Rasta party, might have been responsible for trying to assassinate Marley. The two parties' gangs would pull major hits so it's not so hard to believe.

DiaBo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DiaBo » August 12th, 2005, 4:19 pm

Our teach told us there every race in kingston:

Cambodians
Vietameses
Flipinos
Khmers
Natives
Mexicans
Latnios

What gangs are in kingston.

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » August 12th, 2005, 8:09 pm

Yardies is organized crime, aslo known as the jamaican mafia. I call it the black mafia and jamaican mafia at the same time cause its the only group with african americans that are involved in organized crime, i think.

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » August 12th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Here, if you search "black mafia" on google, its on the first page now and its available in html.

http://www.uic.edu/orgs/kbc/ganghistory ... kmafia.pdf

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » August 12th, 2005, 8:15 pm

Just press "View As HTML" and you won't have to download it as pdf. It will be straight on the browser.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » August 13th, 2005, 2:45 am

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe wrote:Yardies is organized crime, aslo known as the jamaican mafia. I call it the black mafia and jamaican mafia at the same time cause its the only group with african americans that are involved in organized crime, i think.

Yardies are the most dis-organised organised crime group possibly in the world.

African-Americans are NOT Yardies.

A Jamaican is NOT an African-American, a Jamaican is West Indian/Caribbean

Yardies have nothing to do with African-Americans

In the USA Yardies were called POSSE's, Yardie was the term given to Jamaican Gangsters in England.

greenwood104

Unread post by greenwood104 » August 13th, 2005, 3:20 am

in the 80's there was alot of jamaican gangs activity in new york.

its actually a conspiracy that the cia had something to do with sparking gang violence in jamaica. apparently supplying them with guns and ammunitions.

lb516
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lb516 » August 13th, 2005, 10:37 am

greenwood104 wrote:in the 80's there was alot of jamaican gangs activity in new york.

its actually a conspiracy that the cia had something to do with sparking gang violence in jamaica. apparently supplying them with guns and ammunitions.

yes there was. you had

the shower posse in the bronx
spanglers on edgecomb ave in harlem
the 90's in brooklyn alot of people from waterhouse are in the 90's too
gullymen in brooklyn around new lots
you had jungle posse and numerous other little posse's that made money and put in work.
rema posse
dun kirk or kirky's posse
rae town
paneland
spainsh town posse
tower hill
cock burn pen
seaview gardens
riverton
colaloo bed
white lane
august town
standpipe
and so on and so on

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » August 14th, 2005, 12:34 am

NW10 wrote:
kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe wrote:Yardies is organized crime, aslo known as the jamaican mafia. I call it the black mafia and jamaican mafia at the same time cause its the only group with african americans that are involved in organized crime, i think.

Yardies are the most dis-organised organised crime group possibly in the world.

African-Americans are NOT Yardies.

A Jamaican is NOT an African-American, a Jamaican is West Indian/Caribbean

Yardies have nothing to do with African-Americans

In the USA Yardies were called POSSE's, Yardie was the term given to Jamaican Gangsters in England.

Jamaicans are west indians/carribian????? Holy crap, i thought the jamaicans were african americans, and i knew that jamaicans were carribians but west indian? They look more african to me and i thought west indian people came from afghanistan or pakistan or wherever from asia, east indian is from asia so why isn't west indian from asia? or is it? Oh wait, sorry about that, i always thought jamaicans as african AMERICANS because of the way they look, but they are not americans but with a african thing. Ohhh, they are from jamaica and -----, never mind, thanks about the info.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 15th, 2005, 2:59 am

Er, KCF, on a gentle note man, go and get a few books or Google sumtin and look it all up. Jamaincans are called West Indian because the Carribean is called the West Indies also! They are of African descent, as are African-Americans but their culture is Carribean/West Indian and distinctly Jamaican. They are, uhum, not from Afghanistan or wherever!!!

And NW10 is right, Yardies are a fine example of 'disorganised crime'!!! Ruthless as they can be, they are disorganised and Yardies crews are not streetgangs as in the States. Go and have a lickle reseach, its mind expanding.

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Jamaica

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » August 15th, 2005, 1:57 pm

Trickeration Station wrote:
wizdom wrote:Isnt there a movie kalled "Shottas" bout the some Jamaican gangsta niggas

[img]http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/81/bf/53_1_b.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.musicfreakcentral.com/graphix/movies/top_shottas.jpg[/img]
"Shottas: A True Story(DVD)

Starring Kymani Marley, Spragga Benz, Wyclef, Tyson Beckford, Louie Rankin, Ninja Man and others.

The film is the true story of two young men, Wayne (played by Spragga Benz) and Bigs (played by Marley), who grow up together in the tough and dangerous streets of Kingston. They rob a soda truck and shoot the truck's driver while still in their early teens.

The money is used to purchase visas to go the United States, where they continue their criminal activities, hustling on the streets of Washington D.C. Wayne gets deported to Jamaica and continues his surge in crime, where he begins to extort money from business people. Bigs gets deported a few years later. After a while, they both head back to the US with some of their cronies and continue stealing, targeting drug dealers. The drug dealers decide to put up a strong resistance to the two."

I have this movie but the quality is fucced and i can hardly understand what they're saying.

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » August 15th, 2005, 2:05 pm

Noog wrote:Er, KCF, on a gentle note man, go and get a few books or Google sumtin and look it all up. Jamaincans are called West Indian because the Carribean is called the West Indies also! They are of African descent, as are African-Americans but their culture is Carribean/West Indian and distinctly Jamaican. They are, uhum, not from Afghanistan or wherever!!!

And NW10 is right, Yardies are a fine example of 'disorganised crime'!!! Ruthless as they can be, they are disorganised and Yardies crews are not streetgangs as in the States. Go and have a lickle reseach, its mind expanding.

Allright, ill do that. Actually, i don't really care about it, its not just like i waste my time with it cause at 6 i have to go somewhere until 8 and i want to spend my time wisely, maybe i will do that when i have some spare time. Ok, i never knew anything about the west indies and where they are, i always thought they were in asia and they were like afganistan or uzbeckistan or whatever cause there is the west indies and the east indies and i thought since the east indies were in asia and i never knew about the west indies and where they are now, i thought they were in the same continent. But thats good to know. Thanks. (Y)

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » August 20th, 2005, 5:13 am

Anonymous wrote:First there was a war between the triads and yardies in london then all hell broke loose.Or was that a video game. Oh yea, that was the getaway. Shit. But i am sure that in real life, they are all working together.Yardies have a group called the jamaican posse, and it has 22,000 hardcore members.Imagine how much the yardies have, as a total.Yardies vs. The Russian Mafia, which was in getaway, black monday.Since the yardies are the most disorganized type of organized crime, they wouldn't stand a year in war with the russians.But its kinda obvious all of the mafia's are working together.Its only the sub sets at war.Sub sets are like crime familiesAnd sets as the sub groups.And the sub groups as the whole mafia.Tricky, ain't it.The sub sets are like rollin 60s vs. pj watts.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » August 20th, 2005, 5:22 am

^^^ Anonymous/kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe/Makedonija77

Thank You for posting sixteen useless posts each of only one sentence. With absolutley no real contribution.

Jakk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Jamaica

Unread post by Jakk » September 25th, 2005, 1:41 pm

lb516 wrote:in jamaica you have gangs but they are either on one side of the politcal party or the other.. the 2 ruling political parties in jamaica are the PNP peoples national party which are socalist and the JLP which are laborites or leftist. there are areas in jamaica(kingston) that are one party or the other some PNP gangs are junglist from trenchtown or jonestown , water house also called firehouse, spanglers from mathews lane. some JLP gangs are shower posse from tivoli gardens & rema... PNP colors are orange/red and JLP is green

The JLP is the Jamacan Labor Party not leftist
The PNP is the People Nationalist Party

Return to “Mexico, Central America, South America & the Caribbean”