Nigeria gangs

Discuss Africa and the Down under region with its Pacific Islander influence.
Anonymous20

Nigeria gangs

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 16th, 2003, 5:23 pm

I know that have some gangs in Nigeria but not much of West Africa is on the internet.

Alex

Re: Nigeria

Unread post by Alex » April 26th, 2004, 1:50 pm

There are many campus cults in bigger cities suchg as Lagos that behave similar to American street gangs in many ways.

sarah_lynn52

Re: Nigeria

Unread post by sarah_lynn52 » May 11th, 2004, 12:28 am

i didnt know nigeria had gangs

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Nigeria gangs

Unread post by CHRIS » July 27th, 2004, 4:11 pm

I WOULDNT CONSIDER A MOB WITH SPEARS A HOOD NIGGa

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » November 30th, 2004, 2:46 am

Yeah they got plenty of gangs in Lagos...with guns not spears...Ill see if I can find out more

Baby-Girl16
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Baby-Girl16 » January 23rd, 2005, 5:55 pm

YUP THEY AINT GOT NO SPEAR THEY GOT SOME OF THE MOST ADVANCED WEAPONS BELIEVE IT OR NOT...LOOK IT UP...

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » January 24th, 2005, 8:32 pm

Spear don't compare to a scoped rifle lady.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » November 9th, 2008, 2:29 pm

nigerians are raving fraudsters, 419 gangs, if you get an email saying....my uncle is general ali baba who was deposed in sudan in the recent civil war, he has 20 million pounds and no bank account to put it in, please send your bank account details to reh reh reh then chances are that comes from a nigerian fraudster, theyre also starting to juggle drugs, kidnapping etc. in the oil rich parts of nigeria cause the locals arent making any money from the multinationals who set up they form militias to sabotage the pipelines, kidnap the employees etc. nigeria is a country with a history of high level corruption. theyre called 419 gangs i believe because the section of the nigerian law code that deals with fraud is section 419

lizard
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: el mirage

Unread post by lizard » November 15th, 2008, 1:26 pm

damn i heard dem african gangs kill mo n 1 day then the ones do n the us

SOUFLONDON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LDN

Unread post by SOUFLONDON » January 6th, 2009, 11:01 am

That fool Chris talkin bout african gangs having spears make him sound stupid. African gangs are NOTORIOUS. As well as high levels of corruption, fraud and poverty, in the poorest areas violence is an epidemic. It will take a city of God type movie to make the ignorants realise they talkin outta their assholes. Don't even need a movie if u intelligent. It's common sense, most countries with high levels or poverty and corruption will have extra ordinary levels of violence and gangs that take advantage. Nigeria is no different. They well known over here for armed robbery, fraud, gun and drug smuggling.
Besides, if u look in the news, Nigerians always killing each other over oil and religion. Spears ? More like AK47 and machetes! They had a civil war in the 60s or 70s. Fighting still goes on between christians and Muslims. Police carry automatic weapons cos the crooks over there don't play!
I don't really know too much about the streetgang organisations over there, but please believe it goes down. Its only logical. The poverty alone in some areas make the poorest American ghetto look like heaven.
At the same time, from what i know, alot of Nigerian and West African gangstas are influenced by African American dress code, streetculture, mainly hip hop gangsta music and even slang!
Africa like south america is where violence can be a daily thing. Somalia, South Africa, Congo, Sierre Leone are just a few.
Do some research, aint all about lions, drums and mudhuts

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » January 6th, 2009, 1:56 pm

nigeria is another place that exports its criminals, you can find nigerian criminals all throughout africa and the world, its probably the most criminal country in africa.

SOUFLONDON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SOUFLONDON » January 7th, 2009, 4:01 am

closely followed by somalia. The Somalian population world wide is growing rapidly. Out of all the black peoples in the uk, they are the most unproductive. no disrespect

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » January 8th, 2009, 7:24 am

i agree with what your saying, them and a large proportion of muslims that land in britain make absolutely no attempt to blend in whatsoever...its fuckin bad really as the first wave of immigrants that came to england in the 50s and 60s from jamaica nigeria and india have settled right in, you couldnt imagine britain now as an all white country, but the second wave of predominantly muslim immigrants and the third wave of eastern european immigrants seem to want to live exactly the same lifestyle they left only in a different country, sorry but its only good manners when in rome do what the romans do. if your gonna come over here and live by our standards fair play, otherwise why bother, surely youll be a lot better off in a country where your views and attitudes are in the majority, dont just come over for the money and to take the piss.

crooslane
What city do you live in now?: Marin City

Unread post by crooslane » March 11th, 2009, 9:43 am

To the brother who said spears thats disrespect to a nation Malcolm X died , the only time you see spears its when theres an official event or a demonstration of dances that were practiced thousand years a go....I'm from Rwanda and grew up down there. You wouldn't imagine the degree of violence, at least you have a chance to run to the police but down there you get chopped for having ur own opinion and killing is as easy stealing.

YUNGHUSTLE1000
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: PALMDALE

Unread post by YUNGHUSTLE1000 » April 20th, 2009, 1:08 pm

DO THEY REP CRIP AND BLOOD OVER THERE TOO OR IS EVERYTHING HOME GROWN?

SOUFLONDON
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SOUFLONDON » April 22nd, 2009, 12:39 pm

YUNGHUSTLE1000 wrote:DO THEY REP CRIP AND BLOOD OVER THERE TOO OR IS EVERYTHING HOME GROWN?
bloods and crips ?
naw, i dont think niggas over there got time to ape some yankee gang shit.
Its the same anywhere in the world... this hood vs that hood.
my rifle vs your rifle, my machete vs your machete, my club vs your club.

BuccaneerPhD
If in the United States: Wyoming
What city do you live in now?: Lagos

Unread post by BuccaneerPhD » April 17th, 2017, 5:23 am

Although this is an old thread, I can see it has not been answered so I'll attempt to provide a concise non prolix response.

It is general knowledge that 'street' gangs did not begin in Nigeria until the late 90s & early 2000s. (Street is the key word here)

We had campus fraternities across universities starting with the Pyrates in 1952. Eiye (a local word for bird) fraternity was founded in '65 & co exsted with Pyrates across universities then - no violence.

Fastforward to the 70s, a schism in the Pyrates led to the creation of Buccaneer fraternity who are also 'sailors' but with opposing philosophies & certain dogmas to the Pyrates. Buccaneers was founded by the best student of his department, you had to be academically sound to join fraternities then & in fact, the founder of Pyrates is a Noble Laureate winner, a foremost professor of literature in Africa.

The reaction of the Pyrates to the loss of the brilliant founder of Buccaneer, several others who left with him & the emergence of Buccaneer was initially met with tact & diplomacy which yielded some result but failed to win back more proselytized people, quell the surge of the Buccaneer group and most importantly fetch them their treasure chest and scroll. Failure of diplomacy led to declaring the ex-seadogs, now Buccaneers black spotted & they tried to get their members who were professors in universities &other higher offices in the public world to proceed to suspending known Buccaneers in the same 70s and of course this failed.

The pyrates resorted to violence. It started with minor physical hits here and there, spontaneous destruction of each other's properties which was harmless and somewhat fun until the 80s. The violence between both groups took another turn and the Pyrates suspended their activities in all schools.

The skirmish set the stage for what was to come.

Apart from Eiye founded in the 65, other groups began to emerge such as the NBM (Axemen) The Axemen were said to have wanted to start their group in the same school where the first 3 groups started theirs but were prevented from doing so by the Eiye. The Neo Black Movement (Axemen) went to another university in the south, started their group and became the most violent, brutal and blood letting group in all of Nigerian campuses. For the opposition mounted by the Eiye in the 80s, they kill each other on sight for it till today. The enemity runs deep between them.

Also in the 80s/90s, Vikings another sailor ideology based group broke away from the Buccaneers.

The Klansmen broke away from the Axemen; they both carry short axes as part of their costumes and it is their choice od weapon during a conflict. After a victim has been shot or disarmed, they proceed to hack the victim into bits with the axe to create a gory scene. After the Klansmen, several groups began to surface.

With the proliferation of many fraternities in the universities and violence thrown into the mix, recruitment based on cgpa and academic record was thrown out of the window. Recruitment became based on how much heart you had for violence, your family financial background to procure weapons and the political connection your family wield in the case of a problem.

Axemen kept its cirlce very small but brutal. No one knows what they feed their initiates but they are usuallyvery deadly.

Eiye was & is still the craziest with initiation. They initiate anybody anywhere no matter your background & even if you had never been to any school before, they'd initiate you. They crossed the line.

Pyrates kept low profile and depended on a collaboration with Buccaneers to face violence. Their approach mostly is to get their powerful old heads to arrest & imprison their enemies or they seek truce and turn around to do killings when tensions have eased off.

Buccaneers initiate mostly pretty boys and those from rich backgrounds. They are usually looked at as 'mommas boys' by other groups for their penchant for show off, partying & women. Overtime, they became hardened & matched violence with violence.

Vikings went crazy too. They started a junior frat for those in schools called I think 'De Bam/De Well' or 'Icelanders'.

Frat members expelled from schools were usually flagged and couldn't transfer to other universities, those who were able to were sometimes discovered by opposition which majes them run away. Some have done too much or too little to the wrong person and had to quit school knowing they'd be dead no matter whereelse they go to school. These people started to congregate in the streets and what should have been strictly a university thing spilled into the streets - very scary.

The frats from four walls of the universities are now in the streets as gangs.The street gang members are mostly of the Eiye & Vikings groups, they initiate any & everybody for violent purposes.

Axemen are not necessarily in the streets but no matter the good life they have (degrees, jobs, family), whenever it is on, it is on; they do not discriminate between who graduated & who didn't, they bond nonetheless.

Buccaneers were in the streets for a while but their HQ managed to pull everyone into post-gaduate chapters which requires you graduate from a university to join the chapters. Hence, those expelled from school run around the streets but are on their own and sometimes reported to the police by the HQ.

Pyrates function at post-graduate level with very little presence in schools & the streets. They nonetheless have impostors running the streets claiming to the pyrates at the risk of getting arrested.

The 80s to 2005 in Nigerian universities recorded so much killings in university campuses, so much.

About 99 to 2010, the heat of gang activities in the street destroyed so many lives.

They have generally calmed down now but there are news of street gangs murder here and there but few & far between, thanks to money they see from internet fraud.