Toughest African city

Discuss Africa and the Down under region with its Pacific Islander influence.
Mohammed Ali
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Toughest African city

Unread post by Mohammed Ali » February 23rd, 2004, 6:46 am

Cape Town

civil_thor
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Toughest African city

Unread post by civil_thor » March 1st, 2004, 3:01 am

"Toughest African city" is a misleading question.. Africa is so poor and dysfunctional that you can't possibly narrow it down to which place is the worst.

South Africa is experiencing a horrendous street crime problem in its cities. Nearly every country in sub-Saharan Africa is ridden with poverty and ethnic violence in some way. Look at Rwanda.. In the mid 90's, over 800,000 people were slaughtered in the genocide there. I don't think there's any place in the world that can claim that kind of violence in recent times, save Cambodia in the late 1970's. The Central African Republic is a mess.. Angola is a mess... Sudan is a mess.... There's no way that any one country, let alone CITY, can lay claim to being the "toughest" African city. Tough isn't the word. Tragic would be more appropriate.

HaycH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by HaycH » March 2nd, 2004, 9:43 pm

Mogdishu..

THALOCPASADENA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by THALOCPASADENA » March 18th, 2004, 6:00 pm

I HEARD ZIMMABAWA WAS CRAZY? CAN ANY ONE TELL ME MORE?

Hyp Notica
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Hyp Notica » May 4th, 2004, 5:02 pm

Rumor has it that the worlds most violent cities are the following (not in order, sorry):

Johannesburg -South Africa
San Salvador- El Salvador
Los Angeles - California
Cali- Colombia

zzzz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zzzz » May 8th, 2004, 9:34 am

Sorry but, Los Angeles would be in the list for the most dangerous cities in the United States, but for sure not worldwide. LOL. I'd imagine that is the list of dangerous cities as far as it comes to urban warfare. But still, Rio Di Janeiro, Brazil should definitely be on there. Kingston, Jamaica would be on there WAY before LA. The Island of Jamaica has about 2.5 million people and had over 1100 murders in 2001, most of which came from Kingston. Plus the poverty in these cities are obscene compared to what a native Angeleno has seen. The other three definitely deserve to be on there though, but not LA.

Azn Gook
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Azn Gook » May 8th, 2004, 2:55 pm

dangerous in thw world

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 15th, 2004, 1:51 pm

right now Nigeria and the Sudan have much drama between the Christians and Muslims, so I would think that a city in one of those countries would be one of the most dnagerous places in Africa.

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » May 22nd, 2004, 8:20 pm

Hyp Notica wrote:Rumor has it that the worlds most violent cities are the following (not in order, sorry):

Johannesburg -South Africa
San Salvador- El Salvador
Los Angeles - California
Cali- Colombia
Get off the crack..

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 1st, 2004, 5:30 pm

Where in Sydneys West u Live homie ??

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » June 2nd, 2004, 9:50 am

An interesting thread here people...interesting but a bit misleading in a way...I wanna respond to Civil_Thor (curious name that!) - in that I agree with your post - many African cities are places where poverty is endemic and the worst gang will be the local police, cos corruption and neglect of the poorest are commonplace.

Rwanda was also mentioned - again, its not that Rwanda had 'tough' cities in the Western appreciation of the meaning, in relation to gangs and street life stuff etc. Before 1994, Rwanda's capital, Kigali wasn't a hotbed of gang activity or street stuff of any kind - but something much, much more sinister and destructive again....Rwanda was in the grip of poisonous xenophobia and Nazi like ideology....In a nutshell it went something like this...for decades following the colonialisation by the Belgian's and French, there was an artificial construct born about the two major ethnicities oin Rwanda - Tutsi and Hutu - for decades the old colonialists had been propagating the false idea that the Tutsi ethnicity was superior, which actually meant 'more european' as the Tutsi people were tall, fair and had a royal family. There was also a myth called the Hamatic myth, that the Tutsi people were descendents of a lost tribe of Isreal. Hutu people worked the land as farmers and were shorter and darker and apparently according to the old guard colonialists, had broader noses! Anyhow, those old lot used to even measure the nose width of Rwandans to determin who was Tutsi or Hutu!

Rewind to ten years ago - Tutsi's had held a monopoly of power through colonial rule. Following independence, Hutu political parties wanted a share of the action. So far not unfair eh? The reality was that the bitterness and hatered had built up so much over the decades that the ascendant political force in the early nineties was a party called HUTU POWER, which were in fact a bunch of murderous Nazi's, holding the same twisted philosophies as any fascest ideology before them. And the Hutu Power solution - to assassinate the Hutu President, blame it on the Tutsi's and kick-start a genocide.

In April 1994, Hutu Power's militias, the Interahamwe and regular soldiers and policemen and including thousands of ordinary Hutu citizens butchered 800,000 to 1,000,000 Tutsi and moderate Hutu people in 100 days. Close range killing - machetes, masu's (clubs with nails driven through), staves, grenades, knives - were used to systematically murder a population. Doctors murdered their patients, teachers killed their students, pastors butchered their flocks......the blood beast drank the blood of a people and devoured their flesh. Radio 'Milles-Collines' broadcast messages encouraging the slaughter, saying that the Tutsi 'cockroaches' must be totally destroyed.

The UN totally screwed up, let it happen, watched it happen. The head man of the UN in Rwanda at the time sent an urgent fax to headquarters in New York, but they did NOTHING. That same man, unable to stop Satan bing unleashed now lives the rest of his life on a hilltop in Rwanda working with his hands on the land for the poorest, to give something back.

Thank God, General Paul Kagame and the Rwandan Patriotic Front swept in from Uganda and stopped the genocide in its tracks. The genocidaires fled to Goma on the Congo border and mashed it up there - more killing, death, night, blood.

Well, that was tough. But in relation to Western views and ideas of tough cities, it just aint like that in many African cities.

But, when I think about the so-called wars building up between latino and black gangs in LA, for example, they wanna look at Rwanda's experience aand think again before buying into ethnic haters of any kind. Because the only thing you gonna get is the roar of the blood beast, a the beast enjoys sucking dry the flesh of Mexicans, African-Americans and White man too, the beast dont care one little bit, just wants more blood.

bizzy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bizzy » June 3rd, 2004, 1:20 am

JuniorX wrote:Where in Sydneys West u Live homie ??
hey ya, um its pretty much western sydney. You know Baulkham Hills, its bout 5 minutes away from parra lad, where you living at?

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 3rd, 2004, 5:58 am

Inner-West yo at.. im West-West.. Mt Druitt.. see u go the "lad" talk happenin'..

bizzy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bizzy » June 3rd, 2004, 2:46 pm

JuniorX wrote:Inner-West yo at.. im West-West.. Mt Druitt.. see u go the "lad" talk happenin'..
hahaha yeah man i got some fob mates and they use it around all the white dudes and me and we all picked it up, everyone seems to be using it. You play footy? i play in western zone comp for north rocks and we play all the west teams lie blacktown nepean etc... i think rooty hill or st claire usre to be in our comp, not sure anymore? btw this is union lol

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 3rd, 2004, 5:52 pm

naa i dun play footy Homie.. what Natio r the fobs u hang with ??

bizzy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bizzy » June 3rd, 2004, 11:47 pm

JuniorX wrote:naa i dun play footy Homie.. what Natio r the fobs u hang with ??
most of them maori, but i have met some of the tongan dudes, dont really know them that well....

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 4th, 2004, 4:38 am

yeh lad.. lol.. most of the Tongans i know dont like to Mix with Other crowds.. they say hello thats about it.. they dont kick it with others too often.. unless they grew up with them..

bizzy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bizzy » June 4th, 2004, 3:56 pm

yeah, i know whats up with that? all the fobs get along, well the ones i know. I notice that tongans hate samoans, whats up with that? i only know a couple of samoans, but the fobs i know dont like samoans either i dont think, whats the reason fo this?

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 4th, 2004, 7:37 pm

Tongan and Samoan beef is Ancient beef from back in the Islands.. and has never died out.. Same thing throughout the whole world homie.. They dun get along anywhere

bizzy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bizzy » June 4th, 2004, 8:20 pm

oh ok then makes sense. My friends dad (maori) was also in that black power gang, thats all i know but, he doesnt see his dad much, you must be the first tongan i have talked to who dont play rugby lol you play any sport??

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 4th, 2004, 9:13 pm

i gym and Muay Thai / Kickboxing..

bizzy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bizzy » June 5th, 2004, 7:41 am

lol thats some lethal shit, me..im a pussy ass bitch, never been in a fight...

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 5th, 2004, 5:30 pm

lol.. i throw my hands pretty much every party i go too.. normally starts with a kick to the knee tho.. that softens up the biggest and baddest of any of them..

bizzy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bizzy » June 7th, 2004, 1:55 am

man im shit scared of fobs, like if i had to fight one i guess i would but they will probz hold grudges, and then they cuzins, damn, i rekon i would suck at fighting, and im not the smallest guy around im 6 4 bout 90 kgz lollll

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 7th, 2004, 5:23 am

lol.. dun be scared of em home boy.. mad dog them fools..

bizzy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bizzy » June 7th, 2004, 2:42 pm

lol ill keep that in mind hahaha, so u livin in the druitt ay, whats it like out there? is it as bad as everyone says it is coz i been thru here a lot but i havent seen nothing, maybe havent been in the bad places?

Shortty
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Shortty » June 7th, 2004, 5:41 pm

toughest city:

Mogdishu, somalia

even though i am somali, i wouldn't last 10 minutes there. I have seen people gettin smoked real bad in these old somali videos. Its about clan/langauge which you speak, and they got variations like the crips/bKloods.

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 7th, 2004, 10:52 pm

shit dun just pop off outta nowhere 24/7 .. but when it goes off.. god damn.. it goes off home boy.. and nobody EVER EVER EVER gets shot out here.. we got heart

bizzy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bizzy » June 8th, 2004, 3:55 am

yeah man nudda happens where i live, my neighbourhood is good, but fuck man in cape town its crazy, like baaaaaaaaaaaaaad. The good coloured neighbourhoods is fucked, way worse than anywhere in sydney, fucking peeps getting shot all the time, america has had too much influence on gs in saf, but i still love goin to the ghetto, chillin with my friends and uncles, its the shit, i aint got much fam out here, its all cracking in cape town lad, your fam most here or in tonga???

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 8th, 2004, 3:57 am

pretty much all here and in the States.. only distant family in Tonga.. No Immediate family

bizzy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bizzy » June 9th, 2004, 3:23 am

yeah i sorta know this tongan dude, his cuzzin and all fam livin in oakland, bay area la, he is a crip as well, he was here about 2 months ago, mayun decked out in blue, he looked so scary, and i crip walk, like im a fiarly decent c walker, but i was too scared to do it in his presence lolll, you got any fam who repping c's or b's?

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 9th, 2004, 4:21 am

all my Fam Rep C.. i dun rep none of that.. i try get my ass an education homie.. im at TAFE at the moment tryin to get somewhere..