New Zeland gangs

Discuss Africa and the Down under region with its Pacific Islander influence.
Snowman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

New Zeland gangs

Unread post by Snowman » February 29th, 2004, 6:45 am

I've seen a docmentar about gangs in the north Island of New Zeland and it looked nuts. Apparentl there are somethinglike3 gangsters for every 1 policeman and the gangs are crazy.

It mostly focused on a gang called the Mighty Mongral Mob in Parirura (spellin?) outside Wellington and they were crazy. You have to serve atleast 5 ears for a crime you did not commit in order to become a member and you then have tattoos done allover your face and you have to get a wound from a fight with a rival gang,called Black Power Motercycle Club. The gang was mostly family based, multi-racial and ran this town, and were responsiblefor like 90% of all crime.

there was one guy who knocked on a gangsters door to complain about loud music. He ended up with his daughter and wife getting gang raped and his dog's head getting chopped off,and they were going to castrate him. The gang leader even appearedon TV threatening him and his family. Crazy.

They even have a nice habit of setting pitbulls on people.

And I thought New Zeland was just this little posh island full of nice happy rich farmers and theyr sheep!

Light_skin_boy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: New Zeland gangs

Unread post by Light_skin_boy » February 29th, 2004, 6:03 pm

yeah i've heard of a few of them new zealand gangs liek the mongrel mob u was talking about i seen a story on the news about them.......... the tattoo's on the face are mainly in maori gangs maori means black new zealander... watch a movie called what become of the broken hearted its a new zealand movie its got a moari gang in it ..........

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » March 1st, 2004, 12:32 am

watch Once where warriors first.. what becomes of the broken hearted is part 2 to once where warriors.. my dad lived in New Zealand for 10 years and was part of a Gang called Black Power.. they used to get into pub fights atleast once every 3 weeks.. with the Mongrel Mob... and im talking 50-60 people all in brawls.. and if the cops turn up.. it ends up being EVERYONE vs the cops.. and the cops of course cant come that quickly in great numbers.. and often for a long period get smashed.. but my dad said hes brother in new Zealand said it had Calmed down alot over the past few years.. and the coppers got alot more numbers than they did 10-15 years ago..

Snowman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Snowman » March 1st, 2004, 9:07 am

I've seen once were warriers. Great film.

It seems the gangs out there are real gangs of truly hard men rather than gangs of people who are only tough when they have guns.

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » March 1st, 2004, 10:42 pm

yeh they r hard.. they fight it out with there first.. not the cowards way with a gun..

cookie

Unread post by cookie » March 24th, 2004, 3:18 am

Yeah there's a lot of Mongrel Mob activity around Porirua, it seems to me that they're based there. Christchurch is the worst for gangs, which is where a lot of the skinhead stuff goes down. In Auckland, where I live, last year the Triads (asian gangs) were making trouble in the city's main street and some dude was killed with a samurai sword. There was blood all over the pavement like 10 feet from my work the next day.

Maori are the native people of New Zealand. There are no full-blooded Maori left, but the language is alive and so is the culture. The Mongrel Mob are mostly made up of Maori and Polynesians, and obviously, so are Black Power.

The biggest problem that gangs are causing here right now is the production of P (Pure Methamphetamine). A lot of young people are hooked on it hard and looting and killings have been happening.

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » March 24th, 2004, 5:34 am

u heard of Head-Hunters i think they kinda Burnt out now.. but when my pops was younger he used to get into all kinds of mess with these people.. my dad repped Black power before moving too Australia..

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » March 24th, 2004, 5:35 am

and as for Skindheads.. 10yrs ago.. they didnt exist.. was strictly Polys banging in NZ.. who let them get any territory in NZ.. and how big r they ?

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 26th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Did you ever see Russel Crowe in "Romper Stomper?" I know that was filmed in Australia and about Austrilian skinheads which have existed since the 1930's there, however, NZ is closeby. Are you saying for sure there was no skinheads before 10 years ago bro?

http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/orgs/america ... ralia.html

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » March 26th, 2004, 4:46 pm

well ok.. they existed.. but they never caused any mess brother.. and in Australia they only "white power" people that u will get will be Bikers.. Skinheads dont run shit and never have where im frum.. as far as Organized Crime goes.. Asians Run the show where im frum.. Asians meaning, Chinese and Viet mostly.. and once again.. no Skinhead Street Gangs in Sydney.. and if they r.. they small and weak.. cant cause nothing.. and they r more against asians than blacks..

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » March 26th, 2004, 4:52 pm

I hear you. Only during times of serious economic recession have skinhead groups enlarged in Australia by my reading. They been around in Australia since the 1930's but usually in very very small numbers.

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » March 27th, 2004, 6:46 pm

yes.. very small.. but i can tell u alot of them got balls and aint afraid.. i sore like a 7foot tall Neo Nazi guy with a big Swastika tatoo on the back of hes head.. Army boots.. and full Army clothing walking through chinatown screamin Seig Hail.. crazy !

cookie

Unread post by cookie » March 28th, 2004, 2:50 pm

JuniorX wrote:and as for Skindheads.. 10yrs ago.. they didnt exist.. was strictly Polys banging in NZ.. who let them get any territory in NZ.. and how big r they ?
You wanna know about polynesians or skinheads?

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » March 29th, 2004, 2:35 am

both.. coz i live in Sydney and like to know whats happenin over there.. so does my pops.. lol.. he wants to know how to poly gangs r going..

cookie

Unread post by cookie » March 30th, 2004, 6:12 pm

Well the skinheads are only really happening in Christchurch.. but I can't say that I know enough about that subject to really talk about it at length.

And unfortunately, I know there's stuff going on with poly gangs but I just don't know what it exactly is, and to what extent. I have a few mates with parent figures in high gang places which has softened my view on them a little bit.

I'd like to suggest somewhere you could find out more about NZ gangs at the mo. I'll think on that.

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » April 1st, 2004, 5:07 am

ok no worriez

Sanderino

Unread post by Sanderino » April 1st, 2004, 9:05 am

oh....is there an connection with all skinheads gangs? one big organistation?

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » April 2nd, 2004, 2:02 am

No they all there own gang.. just most of them have the same beliefs..

Sanderino

Unread post by Sanderino » April 2nd, 2004, 5:00 am

ah I alrdy taught so

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » April 2nd, 2004, 9:59 pm

kool..

hkswb357
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by hkswb357 » January 19th, 2005, 6:59 pm

I don't know about skinheads in New Zealand as I'm living in the US but I can tell you that generally there are 3 different types of skinheads. There are: SHARP skinheads, traditionalist skinheads, and racist skinheads.

All three types are proud of their uniqueness, although all three look almost identical to each other. And they get really nasty when they are confused with one of the other types.

Typically, skinheads shave their heads or cut their hair really short and wear Doc Marten boots; black Levis, khaki pants or jeans; suspenders; white tee-shirts; and bomber jackets.

SHARP Skinheads: SHARP stands for (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice) and they stand for just about everything racist skinheads oppose. SHARPs are also known as "anti-racist" skinheads. SHARP skinheads, although not racist towards minorities in anyway are extremely violent when they come into contact with racist skinheads. And there have been frequent brawls, stabbings, and shootings between the two groups.

Traditional Skinheads: are similar to SHARPs. They are both skins who have no official political or racial beliefs, though most oppose and dislike Nazi and racist skins. SHARPs and Traditionalists share an interest for the same kind of music, "ska" music, which is a light jazzy, reggae type.

Racist Skinheads: this is the type that most people think of, and that get most of the media attention. They blame other races for all that is wrong in America and show their hatred in acts of violence against people of other races, political beliefs, religions, sexual preferences, and virtually everyone in the government.

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » January 23rd, 2005, 2:22 am

Skinhead were strong in the 1980s here in New Zealand.They are mainly based in the south island and some parts of the north.They are not too strong up here in Auckland because it is very multicultural.
"once were warriors" and "What becomes of the broken hearted" is a good film if you want to learn about the things that go down in South Auckland.
Auckland does have organised gangs like the Mongrel which i heard they had some turf near onehunga and Black power over in Otara (the worst crime affected place in auckland) and in west auckland there is the head hunters.
Most of the organised gangs are down south like lower hutt and upper hutt,hastings,napier.So they are not so strong up here.
Head hunters are a white biker gang with a few maori membership
with the mongrel mob and black power being prodiminantly pacific islander and Maori.

There is a gang that is mainly Samoan and tongan called the "King Cobras"
They are in the central auckland suburbs of grey lynn,westmere and ponsonby.
Not as much membership as the other gangs but even the mongrel mob and black power are weary of them.The suposedly about a few hundread of them.They have no gang colours.Gang member ship ranges from 17-60

There is also Highway 61(the Auckland chapter recently broke up due to the leader being killed)
and The Outlaws and there are some hells angels but they dont hang around Auckland as much.

Asians gangs are becoming active but they dont claim turf here.They are not strong at the moment but they are becoming a problem.Tongan's,Maori's,Samoans sometimes fight with them,usually robbing them or stealing their cars.A lot of them are just vietnamiese,chinese,Thai but they are mainly here as international students.

the following stuff was posted originally by me in the bloods and crips Topic.

Crip and blood activity in New Zealand is still strong but not as strong as two years ago.
Alot of the Races that make up the Blood and crip gangs are mainly samoans and Tongans and Maori, and a few cook islanders and somalians and a very small number of whites.
South Auckland is basically where most of the gangs are active and some parts of central and west and one eastern suburb.
Some People dont claim sets if you were to ask them what blood or crip gang they are from they might just say 'I dunno im just crips are bro'they just represent the crips as one gang.

Here are some crip gangs that are active in Auckland,some could be defunct but ive seen these gangs graffiti around town.

Crip gangs in auckland

Grey lynn Park crips
FTP(fu-- the police)(crip)
DMS(demonstrate my style)
Juvenile crip boyz
Myers park crips
Just straight crippin
Ghetto cow boyz
Rollin cloud crip boys
Otara cripsters
SKB(strictly kelston boyz)

Blood gangs

BNS(bloods never surrender)
West side Bloodz
Royal rd park Bloods
RSP(respect samoan pride)(could be defunct but im not sure)
Rollin heights bloods
Siolent but violent
ELAWZ(rumoured to be a blood gang)

Here is some Background information on some of these gangs.

DMS
A gang that has been around for 3 years now.They live around the Central suburbs of Mt albert and Mt Roskill.Originally a breakdancing group
but somehow turned into a crip gang.Key members (O.Gs) are members of the SALT family.The salt guys were a bunch of cousins and brothers who started this crew up and later to extend their friends into the gang.
Rumoured to have rivilary with ELAWZ a cook island blood gang after a
large brawl happend at the Western springs park "Pasifika" Festival.
Also DMS have been rumoured to have been stirring bad blood with a south auckland gang called the JFKs (Just fuckin Crazy) its unknown if the JFKs are a blood or crip gang.DMS is rumoured to have 80 member or higher.

JCBs

The juvenile crip boyz.Unknown how long they have been active but their turf is in the south auckland suburb of Otahuhu and some members live in the near suburb of Otara.Apparently they occupy the housing projects near the Otahuhu High school.Also they are known to sew Bandannas onto some of their shirts and wearing crip material chuck taylors.
I dont know a lot about what their interests are but one of the members attends my high school which is in western springs (central auckland) he lives in Grey lynn but has connections to them because of his cousins being key members.From what he tells me they have had several upsets with the SBVs (siolent but violent) and GCBs (Ghetto cow boyz) Crip on Crip fighting is not common in nz.They were originally a tongan crip gang but later opened the doors to samoans and other pacific island races.

FTP

fu-- the Police.A relatively new gang.Im dont know a lot about this gang but i hear they claim crip.Some members live in Grey Lynn from what i hear.They are known to be very ruthless and most people steer clear of them.Rumours suggest they are a sub set of the Central Auckland organised crime gang the King Kobras.The FTPs graffiti has been seen heavily in Grey Lynn and downtown.Some members are known to be heavily into Amphetamaines and smoking the drug "P" or in the states known as "ice".Some members Attend St Pauls college which is all boys school with Pacific islanders as the dominating race.Known also to crash parties in the upscale areas of remuera,Meadow banks,st heliers bay and a lot of other neighborhoods,usually preying on white guys.

Royal Rd Park bloods

The royal road park bloods operated in the park near royal road in the west auckland suburb of massey.They mainly caused trouble for the residents surrounding the park(which my friend had his car smashed with a bat by the leader of the gang)The members were mainly street kids and actually slept in the park most of the time.Its unknown who their rivals were but the Police issued a restraining order on some of the members
which said they cannot be in the Park.Its unknown where the gang operates now.

Grey Lynn Park Crips

Little is known about this gang.Their graffiti has only started showing up in the past month.Crip activity is now regulary seen in Grey lynn park.
Could be a sub set of the FTPs???
hopefully more info to come

Myers Park crips are a gang which occupies myers park.Myers park is located downtown beside queen st which runs down the side of it and ends near the aotea civic theatre.This gang featured in the TV3 documentary "street kids".It focused on the members on how they wander the downtown streets of auckland.This gang also occupys the Grafton bridge cementary which is just near K-Rd

There is a crip gang in Long Beach called "sons of samoa"
I didnt notice until not long ago that there is a SOS gang in south auckland
I hear some of them moved from the west coast to New Zealand and spreaded their influence into the area.

I would have to say out of the organised crime gangs,Mongrel leads as being the most biggest and influential gang with the Black Power slightly smaller.Both Gangs are fierce rivals with the occasional drive by shooting but mainly both fight eachother hand to hand.
Black power's gang colours are Black and Blue with the mongrel mob being red.Their prospects usually wear bandannas and claim blood and crip.Some of the blood and crip sets down south are sub sets of black power and mongrel mob.

The gangs featured in Once were warriors and What becomes of the broken hearted are fictional but resemble the mongrel mob and Black power.

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » January 23rd, 2005, 2:32 am

Gang rivalry isnt as bad today like it was thoughout the 90s.
Mongrel Mob and Black Power battle for control of the drug trade
and also Head hunters,Highway 61 also want control of it too.
I dont know what the Hells angels are up to at the moment though.

In the 90s samoans and Tongans used to be going at each other hardout in parts of central auckland and south auckland.But lately they mix in gangs.
But im sure the hate between them will never fully die away.

African refugees also fight with Pacific islanders. Mainly its Tongans and Somalians.Lately they have been fighting each other in Central auckland, and some parts of east auckland.
I have seen the two races mix in some gangs but mainly they are enemies.

rio dude
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by rio dude » February 1st, 2005, 9:47 pm

can otha races join gangs appart from islanders, maoris and whites?

hamo_uce
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by hamo_uce » February 5th, 2005, 5:44 pm

I use 2 BANG with " CC's" { COCONUT CHICANO"s } frm 1981 - 1985 in MANGERE , SOUTH AUCKLAND.... was founded by 2 FRIENDS....... LAUTASI ASI ( my CUZ ) an
HARRY TALILI ( BIG T ) APRIL , 1981..... our ALLIEz wer " KING COBRAs" , " S O S " , BRIDGE BOYs..
...... it was mostly of YOUNG SAMOAn YOUTHs in 275 AREA in TOWN CENTRE of MANGERE our RIVALs wer " FAVONA BOYs" , " T M" ( TONGAN MAFIA" ) , "U I M" ( UNITED ISLAND MAFIA ) , MANGERE DOGs { sub set of MONGREL MOB )..........

Military Unat

Unread post by Military Unat » November 2nd, 2005, 6:53 pm

[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http:/ ... .munat.JPG[/img]

The under lined street gangs are directly afaliaated with the Mayhem_UniiT!!

The New Mayheem Uniit Summer dvd vol.2 will feature a section on central auckland street gangs affilited 2 us.

D M S whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!

THUGS OUTTA CONTROL ..T.O.C

M_UNAT STREET GANG//TURF=CENTRAL CITY AREA.
[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http:/ ... aaaatt.jpg[/img]

[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http:/ ... scroll.jpg[/img]

[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http:/ ... 7.roba.jpg[/img]

[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http:/ ... 8.audi.jpg[/img]

[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http:/ ... robery.jpg[/img]

[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http:/ ... rmeanz.jpg[/img]

[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http:/ ... kitttt.jpg[/img]

Gang Facts:
Began: 2004.

Members:Located in both North and South Islands(Auckland city and Dunedin city)

Jail Status:At least 3 high ranking gang leaders are in Custody either doing time or awaiting sentence.

Apperances on Pig 10 / 7 :One member has been featured on the pig ten seven wanted list.

Media Produced about Gang: M_unat Platnuum Dvd sequel 2 the suma vid vol.2

M_un@ Vid Links:
http://www.zippyvideos.com/119223309128 ... dvd/*munat

M_un@ G ride.
http://www.zippyvideos.com/300462113122 ... _24/*munat

The Future of this Gang:
Im not Nastradamus how could i predict how the gang spawns .MONEY OVER VIOLENCE SHELL BE PRACTISED

Gang Beliefs:
1.Money is a major Issue.
2.Beef is 4 broaken ass fools.
3.Never answer police questions.
4.You cant trust a bitch from a prostitute.
5.Keep a low profile when in Public.
6.Always aproach customers in a friendly manner.
7.Make alliances not enemies.
8.Glue sniffing is prohibited
9.Graffiti displays turf.
10.Female prostitution is acceptable from crew girls.

Next is the view solely of $Armed Offender$

If i had one wish it would be controll of americas nuclear arsonal.For the purpose of total anialation of the middle east and indonesia.
[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http:/ ... .bomb1.jpg[/img]

Military Unat

Unread post by Military Unat » November 2nd, 2005, 7:00 pm

[img]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http:/ ... honbak.JPG[/img]

The M_unat Gang is directly affiliated with the Mongrel Mob as 2 members of the Mayheem Unat are patched Mongrel Mob Members.

The M_unat crew has affiliations across the gang spectrum ,due 2 the fact many of New Zealands most high ranking gang members are the clients of the founders Father.

Military Unat

Unread post by Military Unat » November 2nd, 2005, 7:02 pm

Here is a segment of a dvd made on the M_unaat Gang ,featuring the gang prezident.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/220059387122 ... _12/*munat

Her

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » November 3rd, 2005, 1:28 am

^aaaahh Meno you crack me up (well at least some of ya gang rules werent that bad)

Military Unat

Unread post by Military Unat » November 23rd, 2005, 10:02 pm

M_UNAAT NEWS

2 High ranking Members of the gang have been released from custody after the crown witnesses moved 2 australia.A good move 2 make.

faqkhunt

Unread post by faqkhunt » December 8th, 2005, 8:17 pm

juniorx wrote:u heard of Head-Hunters i think they kinda Burnt out now.. but when my pops was younger he used to get into all kinds of mess with these people.. my dad repped Black power before moving too Australia..
damn, the Head-Hunters...that rings a bell...i remember the name from a while back.

Ages ago a commanchero saved my arse when i was in wyong, i pissed off a few dickheads in the top pub just for being me, this guy pulled 4 blokes off me and beat them with a pool stick...i remember having a few beers with him after and he said something about the Head-Hunters....

tell me about them as its doing my head in...

maoriboy

Unread post by maoriboy » December 9th, 2005, 10:20 pm

Mongral Mob and Black Power aint as bad as they were a few years back, i live up in the Far North where its mainly Maori and Fijians that cause most of the trouble
Fijians (who are up here working in the forestry in large numbers) form small gangs and ally them selves with Island Mafia (ISM) a pacific island street gang formed in the early 90's in Whangarei to protect against Northland Mongrel Mob and Black Power (who at that time were maori only)
There are also crip and blood wannabes, i say wannabes cause thats what they are, a bunch of unorganised children imitating what they see on tv as do most blood and crip gangs of new zealand!
The asians up here in the Far North are all crims, they dominate the drug trade pretty much unhindered.. as Black Power and Mongrel Mob focus more on petty theft, underground dog fighting and prostitution. although alot of old timers still where their smelly old patches, the gangs are slowly fizzeling out, because most youth prefer to make money the odl fashion way.
as do i, my gandfather is an old time gangster, he grew up in murapara and was a Storm Trooper for a long time, even when they migrated to South Auckland and changed their names to Tribesmen he still kept his Stormy Patch. And i still got a couple og uncles in the Tribesmen.
Like most Maori i got family in both Mongrel Mob and Black Power, i love my whanau very much but i hate these cowardly gangs. They infest all parts of New Zealand mainland and Mongrel Mob have even crossed the Tasman to Australia.

Gangs that are found here in Northland (that i know of)

-Mongrel Mob, started in the hawkes bay, a powerful gang with members found in every major city of New Zealand. The Mob moved north very quickly, forming chapters in many rural Northland towns like Ahipara, Okaihua, Taipa, Herekino, Panguru, Awanui, Kaeo and in the out skirts of Wangarei. Their main symbols are a Bulldog, colour red and Nazi symbols(this was a direct diss to their main rivals the Black Power, even though most members of the mob are coloured)
-Black Power, an infamous group also with affiliates all over the country, formed in the eastern Bay of Plenty (around about the time crips were started in America). They imitated the Black Power movement in America and South Africa. Black Power in Northland are in very large numbers, the larger cities of the north are home to their pads, chapters are still present in Kaitaia, inner city Whangarei, Kaikohe, Dargiville, kawakawa and kerikeri. Main symbols are a clenched fist and the colour blue.
-Ching Fang MC, a small motor cycle club, mostly white members who live in central Northland. Not much is really known about them as they are kinda like Hells Angels.
-Island Mafia (ISM), with a lerge Fijian soldier base this gang is one of the most feared in Kaitaia and Whangarei. With affiliates in Auckland and Hamilton to call on in times of need, they are pretty much not bothered by other gang. Most members are school aged (16- 18 years old) so do have the occasional run in with maori youth gangs like Brown Militia, Damn Natives and Red eye Soldiers. Most members show their affiliation with the ISM by wearing black bandanas or palm tree tatoos.
-Head Hunters, Auckland based gang moving north to manufacture P.
-Red Eye Soldiers, the largest maori youth gang, which shot to fame in Northland after rapeing an asian woman and stomping her husband to near death in 1995. Members are 16 to 18 years old and show affiliation by wearing white and red clothing and tirotanga flags.
-Triads, well a bunch of asian crims, who come to New Zealand and exploit our beautiful country.
-Somalian, small group of somalian imagrents, safety in numbers kind of thing.

gangs are a severe problem in New Zealand, youths of New Zealand see american youths and gangsta rappers and think its cool to bang... all gang members in New Zealand need to do us all a favour and shoot them selves in the head.

anyway heres some mongrel mob pics i found on the net

they are central North Island Mob Patches, i did have more but deleted them