Australian homies

Discuss Africa and the Down under region with its Pacific Islander influence.
OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Sydney

Australian homies

Unread post by OziHomie » December 12th, 2017, 8:11 am

G'day everyone .. I've been reading this site for many years, mostly through utter fascination. I've watched most of pop-a-lots vids on you tube and have collected countless american gang related films. I grew up pretty rough even though in australia that's hardly rough by world standards, truth be told only Australian Aboriginals really and truly live hardcore tough in Australia, which is very sad as they are amazing people actually... but i digress ... i was on the streets by age 10 being a rebel rouser commiting all kinds of petty crimes then at age 12 i got influenced by this little thing called american hiphop ... me and my friends from inner city sydney suburbs went on to form one of the very first breakdance and graffiti crews in Sydney and i myself became heavily involved in the scene for the next 10 years solid.. i listened to all the major rappers emerge i can remember when NWA were so new they were considered some kinda startup as was tupac and biggie.. little did we know then, that we were some of the few aussies who would get to know the future legends of hiphop music... one of our favourites was public enemy although we listened to pretty much anything coming out of usa, the problem being in australia hiphop was so hard to get no radios played it here at all and i remember when one radio station played fuck the police once, it got shut down and then played express yourself on repeat for the next week.. amazing histroy of hiphop ... i got out of it when countless friends got into heavy drugs, major crimes and after so many funerals of 16 yo friends i kinda started to rethink my life .. infact i still attened funerals of old homies only 7 years ago ... one commited suicide by plunging a knife in his own chest the other died of a heroin overdose ... most of my old homies have either got out of it and started families and due to the wealth of australia are now doing very well in life... others, probably half are in and out of jail and involved in major gangs such as biker gangs .. ive lost touch with most of them on a day to day coz i also got out and studied built myself some kind of career despite having numerous problems such as my terrible temper ... i once chased my boss around his own office kicking his doors in and punching holes in all his walls ... pretty dumb as it cost me a pretty good job but he was such a scumbag .. anyway i digress again ... i guess im just giving you all an intro to who i am .. not posturing not bragging and not being hard... coz after reading these forums ... geez... we got nothing on you peeps ... australia doesnt have gangs anywhere near the magnitude of america infact 99% of what ive read in these forums would be unimaginable in australia apart from a few of the worst places which are often far from the major cities .. we do have gangs and they seem to be escelating at this time but still are barely a problem to anyone in society, if anything they tend to keep squables among themselves and usually settle things with a fistfight as no one has guns really especially young street gangsters though many increasingly seem to carry knives as i did in my teens .. ive probably seen more violence from drunks in nightclubs than among gangs .. to us the gang was a family for real... most of us in gangs came from broken homes a few had parents in prison or were orphaned and nearly all of us were considered poor .. that is what linked us in our youth .. i guess another element for us was art and creativity as many of the dudes in street gangs had a strong love of art and some were bangin graffers - pick up any aussie graff book and youll see my old homies work in there as they all the greats now .. and others got into the music side although this came much later as cost of producing music was so high in the 80s none of us could afford it.. so wasnt till the 90s really that aussie hiphop music started to even happen and it drew a lot of heads who have since gone on to develop the aussie hiphop musc industry- and again many of the top heads are ol mates of mine i either hung with or met or know of ... we are a fairly tight knit community and in the early days say mid 80s would only have been 200-300 heads in all of australian hiphop ... australian society totally hated hiphop and we all became two things.. outcasts first... feared second .. and boy did we enjoy being feared ... we didnt have to throw a single punch .. it just came to us with the ground coz id say the image coming out of america rubbed off on us .. anyway this is an insight for you of the influence you had on aussie hiphop ... suffice to say... we dont have a race issue here in australia.. all our crews are mixed race ... there never was bloods crips surs aryans and actually the homies ran the skinheads off the streets in the 80s .. probably the only time major turf wars happened was early when skinheads used to run the streets of sydney .. until homies attacked and ran them out of existance.. now u wont ever see a skinhead anywhere .. so anyway taking my hat off to everyone involved with this site.. its a wealth of information .. just incredible read... and much respect too all you american homies from an old aussie cat pushing 50 now and coulda been an og if i stayed on point ... but i got out of it .. maybe 10 years ago now .. too much sadness for me ... but i still bump my hiphop tunes on the regular... from scaface to old eazy e - realmuthafuckin gs... ghettos boys and code of the streets - gangstar and everything in between ... thanks for the memories and the culture ... i never been to the states but in a small way my life is intertwined with all of yours .. im sad for all the losses suffered in gangs over there ... i lost a few close homies and i know the pain and the memories i still have ... dunno what else to say ... so i will end this by sayin - peace be with you all

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Australian homies

Unread post by bgcasper » December 12th, 2017, 10:58 pm

wrong section mate

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OziHomie » December 13th, 2017, 1:05 am

ok sorry i will delete thread ... dont wanna wreck an outstanding site .. sorry

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OziHomie » December 13th, 2017, 1:08 am

how do i delete this thread ???

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 13th, 2017, 7:48 pm

moderator will dont worry welcome here