Somalian gangs

Discuss Africa and the Down under region with its Pacific Islander influence.
HaycH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Somalian gangs

Unread post by HaycH » December 2nd, 2003, 6:19 pm

Anyone have any information about Somalian gangs in the US/Canda. Thanks.

If you do just reply then ill ask my questions

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Somalian gangs

Unread post by E`S`T » December 3rd, 2003, 6:53 am

I don't know where in the Twin Cities(Minneapolis, St. Paul) but a friend of mine and when I was down there observed some youngsters reppin gangster lifestyles and the way they dress and all. Up here in 'Sota, there is a huge population of Somalis. Also in Lewiston, Maine, there is a huge population of Somalians. Not to long ago the Mayor of Lewiston(who is white) made a racial comment about Somolians coming to town and that caused a huge uproar. I don't know what's become of him since. Peace homie.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 3rd, 2003, 9:17 am

I think BDL could give you some real info on that. Peace.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » December 3rd, 2003, 3:32 pm

Sorry wcrockets, I think you mean I could tell him more about Samoans, not Somalians. I don't know anything about Somalians, except for what I saw in "Black Hawk Down".

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 3rd, 2003, 4:16 pm

Whoosh! My bad. Lol.. that went right over my head. Have to read those posts even more closely in the future.

Ok then, back to business. Now that I know we're talking about Somalians. There was a large migration of them into Maine in 2001 until 1 out of 4 families in Lewiston were Somolian with over half of them on public assistance initially but within a couple years dropping down to almost none. Somalians are typically Muslims. (Note: In the 2000 Census, Maine was declared the whitest state in the nation, with 97.7% white people, out of a total population of about 1 million or so).

Believe it or not today, there are small neighborhoods of Somalians sprinkled all over from Minnesota to Missouri to Kansas to Maine. There may now be over 100,000 in the USA?

They have also immigrated to a lot of other countries in Europe and even New Zealand. This all started after 1990 when all hell broke loose over there. There are reports in the refugee camps, from what I read on the net, that the Somalians have brought their gangs with them and carry on the same rivalries that exist in Somalia. There is a lot more too it of course so anyone who knows anything please post but I will say it must be quite a shock for them here. Wealth that must seem like the Koran version of paradise to them on one hand but very isolated by their language, culture, religion, and race here. I would predict a difficult first generation transition in my opinion.

HaycH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by HaycH » December 3rd, 2003, 5:24 pm

the Somalians have brought their gangs with them and carry on the same rivalries that exist in Somalia[/b]

Jyeh they did. Since the civil war they are scatterd all over the world. The country pretty much is run by gangs. Theres tons of gangs.. and they all have thier own part in the country. Altho here in Australia you see the gang conflict every now and then.. but its nothing to how it used to be. They are more civilised. You can tell who reps who by how they speak. Its part of the culture and its been in the blood since.. forever.

My question is Mainly for the ones in the States, England and Canada

Do they click with others? or are they to themselfes
I heard the Jamacians and them in England dont get along well, i need to know why?

Who ever knows thier stuff reply, then ill ask my other questions.

Thanks to those who replied.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 3rd, 2003, 6:01 pm

I know Somolians sell this stuff called "Khat" It is kind of like beetle nut leaf except that it gets you high. Kind of like a heroin high. It's illegal here in MN and the police have a hard time busting them.

HaycH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by HaycH » December 3rd, 2003, 11:41 pm

Ah yes Khat aka african tea, mostly grows in Somalia Ethopia and Yemen. Shyt is good.. nearly every somalian chews on that(why you think they all lanky:P). Down here they sell it in somalian cafes.

Question for you Samdoobie:

In your area do they mix with other brothas well? or are they to themselfes. Are they still fighting each other? Due to thier gangs or have they changed. Down here we have more Somalians against each other then any other race. Police dont wanna get involved no more. They cant even go to ssme schools together and if they do they gota sign a contract thats why each gang has thier own suburb.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » December 4th, 2003, 6:37 am

I can't really say for sure about the Somolians because I'm in Northern MN and there aren't too many up here. As for the cities I have no clue as to the beefs with one another. I haven't heard anything about them beefing with any race. There are a couple of people from 'Sota here in this forum that live in the Cities and might know. Where do you live? Anyways, peace homie.

HaycH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by HaycH » December 5th, 2003, 2:44 am

At the moment im chillin in Australia 8)

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by Trickeration Station » May 23rd, 2004, 2:35 am

DOWN HERE IN SAN DIEGO, THERE IS RTS - RUFF TUFF SOMALIANS (they also have a set in Minnesota) AND LAP - LIL' AFRICA PIRU.

E-b.o.n.e.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by E-b.o.n.e. » May 24th, 2004, 8:25 am

Haych, Sup Worrya!

Aint no gangs in Somalia! These are Clans. And yea its true most of somalians brought their rivaleries to the states or europe. Much SoSo Love!!!

Shortty
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Shortty » June 6th, 2004, 11:49 am

Somali gangs in T.O., and Ottawa. They are almost all crips the most infamous being the Ledbury-Banff Crips in southeast ottawa. The LBC are made 100% of jamacians and somalis, and they usually duke it out with the rival bloods gang further south. the gangs go to two opposite high schools, st.pats for bloods and ridgemont for crips, which are only 35 metres away. about 7 homocides a month, in this 10km area.

kangaroo

Unread post by kangaroo » June 12th, 2004, 3:16 pm

in t.o they aint that much rollin in gangs they just roll with they hood...one fo the biggest somalian hoods here is dixon..anyone from west t.o know they always causin some sort of shit..1 on 1 them dudes is weak as fuck n stay queit..but they always rollin deep, 20, 30 of them on the bus..tryna cause trouble nshit

Shortty
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Shortty » June 19th, 2004, 3:38 pm

Somalis are found from new zealand all the way to LA. In canada they dont beef against each other but against whites and other black immigrants (jamacians,hatiens,ethopians).

kangaroo

Unread post by kangaroo » June 21st, 2004, 7:08 pm

foreal..one thing i respect bout them is they look out for each other...one thing i dont is that they all pussys when theyr alone but act so friggin hard in groups...shit pisses me off...theyrs gonna be a war here soon..somalians actin too friggin bright

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 3rd, 2004, 8:50 am

Theres many somalian gangs in Sweden.. mostly stockholm.. U.S i dont know about..

E-b.o.n.e.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by E-b.o.n.e. » July 4th, 2004, 3:57 pm

Kangaroo u got shit twisted!! Just because some somalians whooped ya azz you try to let em look bad! Stop hatin fool! These niggaz are some real soldiaz with guts! They dont give a damn if their enemy iz bigger or taller if its on than its on. Them niggaz got hella guts and they aint scared of fightin somebody one on one like all them niggaz from the horn and dats on the real!!

HaycH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by HaycH » July 15th, 2004, 2:37 am

Whats cracking ebone? where you at?

Havent check this board for a minute pm me!!

Jyeh we have clans but im talking about in other countries if theres somalian gangs.

holla

HaycH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by HaycH » July 15th, 2004, 2:39 am

Kangroo you calling us pussies, look at our history and see if we scared. Havent seen you take down a black hawk down.

We got heart unlike alota bustas up in here.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » August 13th, 2004, 3:11 pm

SOMALIANS IN BLACK AMERICAN GANGS THATS KIND OF FUNNY CAUSE MANY OF THEM REFER TO THEMSELVES AS ARABS AND NOT AFRICANS

aaalex
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

f

Unread post by aaalex » December 24th, 2005, 12:31 pm

this guy i usta go to high school with was a somali gangster. His hood is off of monterey road. They call themselves triple S- south side somolian as of SSSJ south side san jose. They coo. They crips. I usta buy weed from my ex-girlfriends cousin.

since im ndn- They with koo us

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » May 24th, 2006, 9:49 pm

[quote="wcrockets"]Whoosh! My bad. Lol.. that went right over my head. Have to read those posts even more closely in the future.

Ok then, back to business. Now that I know we're talking about Somalians. There was a large migration of them into Maine in 2001 until 1 out of 4 families in Lewiston were Somolian with over half of them on public assistance initially but within a couple years dropping down to almost none. Somalians are typically Muslims. (Note: In the 2000 Census, Maine was declared the whitest state in the nation, with 97.7% white people, out of a total population of about 1 million or so).

Believe it or not today, there are small neighborhoods of Somalians sprinkled all over from Minnesota to Missouri to Kansas to Maine. There may now be over 100,000 in the USA?

They have also immigrated to a lot of other countries in Europe and even New Zealand. This all started after 1990 when all hell broke loose over there. There are reports in the refugee camps, from what I read on the net, that the Somalians have brought their gangs with them and carry on the same rivalries that exist in Somalia. There is a lot more too it of course so anyone who knows anything please post but I will say it must be quite a shock for them here. Wealth that must seem like the Koran version of paradise to them on one hand but very isolated by their language, culture, religion, and race here. I would predict a difficult first generation transition in my opinion.[/quote]

thats serious

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » May 25th, 2006, 3:09 am

yea crapload of those tossers came here

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » May 25th, 2006, 12:59 pm

them sudanese,somalians,ethopians is some rowdy characters..they will matchete ya right hand off then invite you to dinner

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: f

Unread post by niro » May 25th, 2006, 2:19 pm

aaalex wrote:this guy i usta go to high school with was a somali gangster. His hood is off of monterey road. They call themselves triple S- south side somolian as of SSSJ south side san jose. They coo. They crips. I usta buy weed from my ex-girlfriends cousin.

since im ndn- They with koo us
we indjians dnt really get along with em here, at least all the asians i hang with and kno

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » May 25th, 2006, 2:20 pm

o yea which area of US u from aalex?

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » June 26th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Somalians have been through some tough hell, warlords taking over the country sixteen years ago, Mogadishu torn to shreds, boys conscripted into rival militias, families fleeing and finding themselves near you and me. Somalis are tough people, I don't hate on them. But yeah, clan rivalries do exist, And in South London a Somalian Crew the Woolwich Boys beef it out with Ghetto Boys/Man Dem - but those Somalian boys aren't pussies, swear down.

Khat is a stem and leaf best chewed fresh which gives an amphetamine/cociane like high - Somalian men sit in khat sesions in back rooms for hours on end chewing khat - subsequent health problems include those associated with stimulant misuse - paranoia, weight loss, anxiety, loss of income etc. I bought some in a local market and f--kin' hated the stuff, yaak!

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » June 27th, 2006, 5:20 pm

Qdawg wrote:them sudanese,somalians,ethopians is some rowdy characters..they will matchete ya right hand off then invite you to dinner
in new zealand, they all came in one huge group or like when they did migrate here, a lot of them came all at once, they skinny as mofos but they had heart to take on a lot of the tongans there

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 11th, 2006, 4:39 am

Yeah, Somailians are a slim people, even skinny! But they are tough people, tough and intelligent people. Many Somali's stick within their respective clans from back home and have rivalries between clans. But when Somali boys began clicking up in London, as a defence against indiginous gangs, our indiginous gangs have to fught hard against them - like I said, those boys may be skinny (must be a genome thing) but they've come out of a war situation and if crews want to beef withthem, they'd better be prepared for a long hard battle.

AbzaMane

Unread post by AbzaMane » November 22nd, 2007, 10:29 am

I grew up in West End Toronto, where there is one of the biggest Somalian populations outside of Africa

I live 5 minutes away from the Biggest Somalian block...DIXON aka D BLOCK aka D BLOCK BLOOD GANG

there are alot of somalians in toronto, but dixon is where alot of them are concentrated

The older somalians divide themselves socially based on family and clan

The new generation dont care about clans, they bang US/Black culture style gangs (ie. colours and hoods)

Dixon, the youths claim Blood and the entire surrounding area (my hood) is all crippin so there is no love. To be honest with you, no one takes those guys serious. They roll deep but they dont do shiit, maybe they might catch you slipping and rush you but when you come back with a heater they aint bout it.

NO ONE in my block takes them serious I repeat NO ONE. Lotta times Crips will post up in their block, Dixon and Kipling plaza, and they wont do nothing but bark.

In fact, other Somalians from outside Dixon beef with Dixon according to hood politics. Regent Park, West Mall etc somalians bang on Dixon. Theres even Crip-Blood beef within Somalians.

the-game155

Unread post by the-game155 » November 22nd, 2007, 10:44 pm

I dont really think here in Calgary there are alot of Somalians, but there are quite a few Sudanese refugees, but from what I know they try to keep it peaceful