The Korean Mafia/Korean Yakuza

Discuss Afghanistan [Afġānistān, افغانستان], Bahrain, Brunei, Cambodia, China [中华/中華, Zhonghua], East Timor, Indonesia, Iran [Irān, جمهوری اسلامی ایران], Iraq [al-‘Irāq, العراق], Israel [מְדִינַת יִשְׂרָאֵל, Yisrā'el], Japan [日本国], Jordan [Al-Mamlaka al-Urduniyya al-Hashemiyya], Korea [한국, Hanguk], Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nippon, Oman, Pakistan [Pākistān, اسلامی جمہوریۂ پاکستان], Palestine [As-Sulṭa Al-Filasṭīniyya,السلطة الوطنية الفلسطينية], Philipines [Pilipinas, pɪlɪˈpinɐs], Qatar, Saudi Arabia [as-Su‘ūdīyah, as-Su‘ūdīyah], Singapore [Singapura, 新加坡共和国], Syria, Taiwan, Thailand [Thai, ราชอาณาจักรไทย], United Arab Emirates [دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة], Vietnam [Việt Nam].and Yemen.
Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

The Korean Mafia/Korean Yakuza

Unread post by Richboy17 » May 4th, 2008, 5:34 pm

Has anyone ever heard of a korean mafia. Got any info on them? The only thing Ive herd of is the Korean Yakuza.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: The Korean Mafia/Korean Yakuza

Unread post by thewestside » May 5th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Richboy17 wrote:Has anyone ever heard of a korean mafia. Got any info on them? The only thing Ive herd of is the Korean Yakuza.
The Japanese Yakuza is very active in South Korea and some Koreans have been allowed to become members. There are other crime groups in South Korea but they operate mainly there, with only some activity in other parts of Asia. Beyond that, there are a number of Korean street gangs in various cities in the U.S.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » May 5th, 2008, 4:43 pm

thewestside wrote:
Richboy17 wrote:Has anyone ever heard of a korean mafia. Got any info on them? The only thing Ive herd of is the Korean Yakuza.
The Japanese Yakuza is very active in South Korea and some Koreans have been allowed to become members. There are other crime groups in South Korea but they operate mainly there, with only some activity in other parts of Asia. Beyond that, there are a number of Korean street gangs in various cities in the U.S.
Aren't all the korean gangs defunct in the US? I herd most of them were involved with organized crime though like the Korean Power and Korean Flying Dragons.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 5th, 2008, 4:59 pm

Richboy17 wrote:Aren't all the korean gangs defunct in the US? I herd most of them were involved with organized crime though like the Korean Power and Korean Flying Dragons.
No. Why would they be defunct? Most Korean groups in the U.S. are basically street gangs. They are not on the same level of organization as the Chinese Tongs.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » May 5th, 2008, 7:04 pm

thewestside wrote:
Richboy17 wrote:Aren't all the korean gangs defunct in the US? I herd most of them were involved with organized crime though like the Korean Power and Korean Flying Dragons.
No. Why would they be defunct? Most Korean groups in the U.S. are basically street gangs. They are not on the same level of organization as the Chinese Tongs.
From what I herd is that they are all locked up and all the korean criminal groups that operate in the US is the Korean Mafia or known as Jopok. Other that LA is the only place where they still have Korean gangs.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » May 5th, 2008, 8:50 pm

Richboy17 wrote:From what I herd is that they are all locked up and all the korean criminal groups that operate in the US is the Korean Mafia or known as Jopok. Other that LA is the only place where they still have Korean gangs.
There continues to be Korean criminal groups, or to put it another way groups with Korean criminals, in the U.S. but there isn't really anything approaching a "Korean Mafia." The closest thing you'll find to that is in South Korea. And there are still Korean gangs in a number of U.S. cities.

indacut

Unread post by indacut » June 5th, 2008, 4:05 pm

I remember reading about the most powerful Japanese yakuza leader was Korean. Article was saying that theres only like 5% of koreans in japan but they make up more than 20% of yakuza due to discrimination. My boy who was in the military an was stationed in s.Korea was cool with some gangsters by his base. All the organized crime in S. Korea is usually focused near U.S bases and ports. He noticed one of them had a finger missing, and from movies assumed he was yakuza. Dude got pretty upset and explained to him The Korean mob out in Korea is not yakuza. They do alot of business with them. He told me the reason why there structure and style is so similar is because the 2 countries are very close together. And both organize crime groups come from military backgrounds that go back hundreds of years. Yakuzas are disbanded Samurais, that were hated on by modern japanese. Korean Mobs have been trace to militias from WW2/Korean War.Terrorists during the Japanese occupation and dynasty times. Both samurai and Koreans were hated on by the japanese government for a long time. thats why there so confusion between the 2. i dont really give a fuk. im not korean.

Return to “Middle East / South East / Far East - Asia”