SLIPPIN':TEN YEARS WITH THE BLOODS

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

SLIPPIN':TEN YEARS WITH THE BLOODS

Unread post by jeff » September 7th, 2006, 9:32 pm

SYNOPSIS:
This documentary from directors Joachim Schroeder and Tommy Sowards follows five members of the powerful Los Angeles street gang The Bloods over the course of ten years, revealing a life of danger, drugs, substance abuse and senseless death.

UPCOMING AIRDATES:

Click on the airtime below if you would like an email reminder to watch. All times ET/PT.

Showtime Too
Today 9:35 PM
Showtime
Tuesday 11:30 PM
Showtime
Sep 20 1:15 AM
Showtime Too
Sep 21 8:00 PM
Showtime Showcase
Sep 22 10:00 PM

http://www.sho.com/site/schedules/produ ... eid=127640

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » September 7th, 2006, 9:38 pm

I just saw this tonight. Was very good. Starts off around 1993 to present day. Not what I expected at all.

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » September 7th, 2006, 9:42 pm

I heard it was Black P. Stones?

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » September 7th, 2006, 9:42 pm

Its all about a group of friends. Doesnt really get into history or any specific gang info. Just every day life for a small group of friends.

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » September 7th, 2006, 9:43 pm

I heard it was Black P. Stones?
Rolling 20's actually. Black P. Stones have a very small part in the movie. [/quote]

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » September 7th, 2006, 9:49 pm

Theirs one scene in the documentary where a rolling 20 guy gets jumped by some Black P. Stones for what seems like no reason.

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » September 7th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Thank you for the info

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » September 7th, 2006, 10:03 pm

That's not the first time I've heard of Rollin 20's and Black P. Stones going at each other.

grape fo def
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by grape fo def » September 8th, 2006, 12:57 pm

somebody need to put it on youtube

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » September 8th, 2006, 6:21 pm

I hope it gets put on there. Right now my plan is to just watch it at my cousins house, since he has good cable. Either that or ask somebody to tape it for me.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » September 8th, 2006, 7:26 pm

WHat happened was KK who usto be in 20's brought his old homey to chill with the stones his new set , one of the stones didnt like KK's homey and called for back up on the way out they jumped KK's homey while KK didnt do shit , KK's homey then ran out of there .

MOST HATED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MOST HATED » September 9th, 2006, 1:21 am

them dudes is dusty and not one of them nigga had a sprinkle of red on lol

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 9th, 2006, 11:36 pm

I saw it tonight. I thought that was pretty cool when KK was on the train sitting next to the white guy. One of those "moments" in life you usually explain to anyone else and it was caught on film.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » September 10th, 2006, 11:58 pm

Past wrote:WHat happened was KK who usto be in 20's brought his old homey to chill with the stones his new set , one of the stones didnt like KK's homey and called for back up on the way out they jumped KK's homey while KK didnt do shit , KK's homey then ran out of there .
:idea:

I didn't see the documentary so I don't know, was it set around 92 because then SecondIINone had a song that sound like that (Punk Muthafuckas)

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » September 11th, 2006, 10:41 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
Past wrote:WHat happened was KK who usto be in 20's brought his old homey to chill with the stones his new set , one of the stones didnt like KK's homey and called for back up on the way out they jumped KK's homey while KK didnt do shit , KK's homey then ran out of there .
:idea:

I didn't see the documentary so I don't know, was it set around 92 because then SecondIINone had a song that sound like that (Punk Muthafuckas)
It started in 93 but when he got jumped was in 96.

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » September 11th, 2006, 1:20 pm

I thought KK was originally with BlackStone to start, but was friends with the guys from the 20's for all that time. Thats the impression I got. I don't know.

But the movie itself was pretty cool.

That was long-time to follow those guys over a span for 10+ years

Jumbo was a funny dude too. He also talked about living in the low-bottoms in LA.

Real in-depth documentary.

cbo woods
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbo woods » September 12th, 2006, 2:33 pm

kk & lowdown was straight busters if thats yo dog and he with you & yo dogs homeboys jump you for no reason & you dont help, say shit your own homeboys is disrespecting you fo doing that to a nigga that came with you and to top it off he was a blood too."kk is a lame wanna be banger"the real niggas was digdug &ck man.

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » September 13th, 2006, 9:34 am

I watched the documentary last night. What struck me is how, after all those years of shooting, being shot at, killing, being killed, hustling, and everything else that comes with the lifestyle, all that shit went out the window in just 10 years with nothing to show for it. Then they was right out there trying to get jobs like everybody else.

No Hustler's Hall of Fame, no pimped out rides, no line of women, no mansions in the hills. Just a nigga driving a broke down limo, a telemarketer, a storefront preacher, and a dude fresh out the pen who could only get a gig working at his pop's old folks home.

Where's all the gangsta shit? And was all the drama really worth it? Kids need to see where all this leads to. I recommend this shit, fa real!!!

MOST HATED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MOST HATED » September 13th, 2006, 1:36 pm

yeah but it aint even gota be that way if you do your sh-t right, aint no way in f-cking hell ima do all this killing robbin and slagin just to become abum in the end, niggas dont know how to do they sh-t right they are sloppy they dont think

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » September 13th, 2006, 5:18 pm

Now be real, how many people do you know that do all that shit and don't get caught at some point??? And you know with murders and drugs, all you need to do is get caught once and you gonna catch numbers.

MOST HATED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MOST HATED » September 13th, 2006, 6:28 pm

na everybody dont get caught,thers serial killers out ther that wont get caught, its just sloppy niggas that sall

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » September 16th, 2006, 12:02 pm

Alright, I'm no expert on gangbangin' and I sure as hell can't see into the mind of serial killers, but to me there are certain things that make it a lot easier to catch bangers who kill each other than serial killers.

For one, serial killers generally don't know their victims. They can't sit down with the victim's family and say, "Okay, who were her enemies? Who was she last seen arguing with? Or why did she get in a fist fight with after school the other day?

In bangin' when somebody gets killed, you can usually narrow it down to a few enemy sets. They can say who has it been poppin' with lately? That at least gives them a starting point. And usually, the anwser lies not to far away. Bangers don't usually fued from miles away. In most cases, it from across some major street or at most a few city blocks away.

Secondly, serial killers usually work alone. They don't roll with a bunch of folks, who then come back to the hood and brag about who they dropped. They say, "loose lips sink ships", but if you're by yourself, chances are your secret is safe.

Thirdly, most serial killer ain't got to worry about the revenge factor. The victims family ain't rollin' back through their hood for the next few nights, lighting up anything moving. Gettin' caught don't mean ONLY by the cops.

That's why the chances of a banger having to face consequences his a lot higher than any serial killer, as far as I'm concerned.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » September 16th, 2006, 10:35 pm

kay-kay..is a funny brother...he ran on the young dude mike...then watched his homeboy get jump..i guess him relocating to dallas,tx was a good move

looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looneytunes1 » September 17th, 2006, 4:39 am

MOST HATED wrote:them dudes is dusty and not one of them nigga had a sprinkle of red on lol
I noticed that too. CK MAN and DIGDUG seemed like the only ones ever to have red on, and also seemed like the 2 realest guys out of thier little crew (besides JUMBO who didnt bang). KK and LOWDOWN seemed a little whack.

Remember towards the beginning where KK was telling the story about how he shot some dude with kid and also shot the kid? Seemed like he was hardcore...then he left CK MAN when he got shot and LOWDOWN when he got jumped? Glad hes not my friend.... :?

MOST HATED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MOST HATED » September 17th, 2006, 1:18 pm

creativemind wrote:Alright, I'm no expert on gangbangin' and I sure as hell can't see into the mind of serial killers, but to me there are certain things that make it a lot easier to catch bangers who kill each other than serial killers.

For one, serial killers generally don't know their victims. They can't sit down with the victim's family and say, "Okay, who were her enemies? Who was she last seen arguing with? Or why did she get in a fist fight with after school the other day?

In bangin' when somebody gets killed, you can usually narrow it down to a few enemy sets. They can say who has it been poppin' with lately? That at least gives them a starting point. And usually, the anwser lies not to far away. Bangers don't usually fued from miles away. In most cases, it from across some major street or at most a few city blocks away.

Secondly, serial killers usually work alone. They don't roll with a bunch of folks, who then come back to the hood and brag about who they dropped. They say, "loose lips sink ships", but if you're by yourself, chances are your secret is safe.

Thirdly, most serial killer ain't got to worry about the revenge factor. The victims family ain't rollin' back through their hood for the next few nights, lighting up anything moving. Gettin' caught don't mean ONLY by the cops.

That's why the chances of a banger having to face consequences his a lot higher than any serial killer, as far as I'm concerned.
yeah i agree with you 100%

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » September 18th, 2006, 1:17 pm

looneytunes1 wrote:
MOST HATED wrote:them dudes is dusty and not one of them nigga had a sprinkle of red on lol
I noticed that too. CK MAN and DIGDUG seemed like the only ones ever to have red on, and also seemed like the 2 realest guys out of thier little crew (besides JUMBO who didnt bang). KK and LOWDOWN seemed a little whack.

Remember towards the beginning where KK was telling the story about how he shot some dude with kid and also shot the kid? Seemed like he was hardcore...then he left CK MAN when he got shot and LOWDOWN when he got jumped? Glad hes not my friend.... :?
The sad thing is, you see what happened to the "realest" guys. One gets killed, the other does major time and decides he needs to change his life for the better. Why should it come down to this in order for people to see the error of their ways?

LEATHAFACE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by LEATHAFACE » September 18th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Most of it has to do with peer pressure and wanting to belong to something.

pimpsmooth420
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pimpsmooth420 » September 23rd, 2006, 12:18 am

can someone youtube

OFFICIAL
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OFFICIAL » September 23rd, 2006, 12:43 am

IF YOU NOTICED DIGDUG HAD A GOOD HOME AND A GOOD FATHER HOMIE LIVED IN A HOUSE !! HERE IN THE CITY WE DONT GET THE LUXURY OF A HOUSE, HE HIMSELF SAID IT WAS HIS COUSINS AND FRIENDS THAT INFUENCED HIM TO SELL DRUGS AND BANG.....AND CK DIED A TEENAGER , NEVER GREW UP TO START HIS LIFE ..HE WAS MORE LIKE K.C. KILLED by CRIP..... I KNOW BAD JOKE....NO GOOD ENDING TO GANGBANGING , BUT IT LANDED THEM A TV DOCUMENTARY CABLE DEAL .LOL

OFFICIAL
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OFFICIAL » September 23rd, 2006, 12:48 am

TO ALL THE WANNABEE GANGBANGERS ON THE EASTCOAST AND WHERE EVER ELSE ...CHECK OUT THE OLD DUDE " KARATE D" , LOOK HOW OLD THAT DUDE IS DRINKIN A 40.OZ WITH KIDS ....THATS THE FUTURE OF A GANGBANGER WHO DONT CHANGE HIS DIRECTION. GANGS SHOULD PROTECT THERE PEOPLE FROM RACIST BS AND CROOKED FIVE - O. NOT HARM YOUR OWN KIND.....GET A JOB PEOPLE , MULITIPLY

creativemind
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by creativemind » September 23rd, 2006, 9:52 am

OFFICIAL wrote:TO ALL THE WANNABEE GANGBANGERS ON THE EASTCOAST AND WHERE EVER ELSE ...CHECK OUT THE OLD DUDE " KARATE D" , LOOK HOW OLD THAT DUDE IS DRINKIN A 40.OZ WITH KIDS ....THATS THE FUTURE OF A GANGBANGER WHO DONT CHANGE HIS DIRECTION. GANGS SHOULD PROTECT THERE PEOPLE FROM RACIST BS AND CROOKED FIVE - O. NOT HARM YOUR OWN KIND.....GET A JOB PEOPLE , MULITIPLY
Was that shit crazy or what??? This nigga 40-something out there drinkin' with' kids talking 'bout, "I'll die for anybody in this park". From the looks of things, the fool had spent so much time in jail he ain't even know most of the people in the park.

Die for what??? So niggas can say "BIP to the Big Homie, Karate D?" That's the most you gonna get.

When you leave a legacy of killin' your OWN PEOPLE and being murdered by the same, what do expect your children to gain from that?

A brother on here who's posts I've read and respect (Terren2000) posted a comment, "I hated Hoovas...not because they did anything to me... I was just taught to hate them, so I did." As black people we got enough people in this worl that hate is, without us hating each other too.

The crazy thing is blacks kill each other, then get to jail and find out that the people who were taught to hate are the ones whose back we gotta watch now. By then, it's too late to say "If we had been doin' this shit in the street and I would be spending the rest of my life locked up!!!"

cbo woods
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbo woods » September 23rd, 2006, 11:50 am

REAL SPIT