"Stand and Deliver" with Edward James Olmos

Discuss TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage. Video games are also discussed in this section.
bluecollar
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

"Stand and Deliver" with Edward James Olmos

Unread post by bluecollar » April 7th, 2004, 9:29 pm

This movie shows a bit about hispanic gang life although it is mostly concentrated on the theme . . . what Jaime Escalante did to motivate disadvantaged latino youths to succeed. If it wasn't for Mr. Escalante, I wouldn't be majoring in Chemical Engineering. Instead I would be serving burgers to asian and whites who always send their children to either become Doctors, Engineers, or Lawyers.

If any of you need advice, I can help. I am also a math tutor (volunteer).

Biggest lesson in life -> Don't fail because you think you can't succeed, fail because you've studied and worked for your goal and didn't make it because I can guarantee you, you'll make it after all.

"Ganas de Triunfar" ~ Desire to Succeed - Jaime escalante

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: "Stand and Deliver" with Edward James Olmos

Unread post by stateraised2000 » April 8th, 2004, 8:08 am

stay down bluecollar. good to see someone from this lifestyle who is thinking right AND offering to help some of these lil homies out, much respects to you brother!

guerrillablackhawk
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Re: "Stand and Deliver" with Edward James Olmos

Unread post by guerrillablackhawk » August 12th, 2004, 3:58 pm

bluecollar wrote:This movie shows a bit about hispanic gang life although it is mostly concentrated on the theme . . . what Jaime Escalante did to motivate disadvantaged latino youths to succeed. If it wasn't for Mr. Escalante, I wouldn't be majoring in Chemical Engineering. Instead I would be serving burgers to asian and whites who always send their children to either become Doctors, Engineers, or Lawyers.

If any of you need advice, I can help. I am also a math tutor (volunteer).

Biggest lesson in life -> Don't fail because you think you can't succeed, fail because you've studied and worked for your goal and didn't make it because I can guarantee you, you'll make it after all.

"Ganas de Triunfar" ~ Desire to Succeed - Jaime escalante
Edward James Olmos excellent actor sole the show.

Return to “Film, TV, Footage, Documentaries & Video Games”