LATIN KINGS BLACK AND GOLD VIDEO

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
lb516
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: LATIN KINGS BLACK AND GOLD VIDEO

Unread post by lb516 » May 7th, 2004, 10:19 am

TomTom wrote:GAME WHAT PART OF THE NYC U FROM??..MAYBE I MISSED IT…AND ARE THOSE TRU LIFE PUERTO RICANS, LATIN KINGS??..THEY WAS THROWING UP SOMETHING..

tru life is from the lower east side from smith projects. yeah and they puerto ricans

lb516
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lb516 » May 7th, 2004, 10:21 am

well you could be in a house in a single cell or you could be in the dorms or the bubble annexs.

TomTom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TomTom » May 8th, 2004, 8:30 am

FA’SHO…I KNEW THEY WAS HITTING UP SOMETHIN THAT LOOKED LIKE “LK”…THEY WAS KEEPING IT HOOD 2.. I GOT SOME RELATIVES FROM D.C. THAT USED 2 STAY IN THE BRONX,NY….SHE SAID THERE’S A LOT OF PR’S, AND DOMINICANS IN THE BRONX ANDTHAT CLAIM DIFFERENT FACTIONS OF THE LATIN KINGS…SHE WAS TELLING US THIS AS WE WHERE WATCHING IT ON HBO…THIS TRUE??

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » May 8th, 2004, 11:38 am

homie aint no reason for me to lie it was like a good 2 months ago he was on the island with lk's and dey wasnt bangin on each other and dont even tell me lk's dont sometimes get along with locs because i use to go to school with em in high school and dere was a little friction but for the most part we was cool with each other. bayside high school

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » May 8th, 2004, 11:39 am

lb516 wrote:Game dont waste your time with these kids, they got New York twisted in a real fvcking way. they make us look bad.
and homie i know u aint talkin bout me cuz i aint never lied.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 11th, 2004, 2:11 pm

Q wrote:homie aint no reason for me to lie it was like a good 2 months ago he was on the island with lk's and dey wasnt bangin on each other and dont even tell me lk's dont sometimes get along with locs because i use to go to school with em in high school and dere was a little friction but for the most part we was cool with each other. bayside high school
YEAH BUT SON U GOTTA REMEMBER U WAS DEALING WITH 15-18 YEAR OLD LKZ ALSO KNOWN HAS "PEE WEES" IN THE ISLAND IS ALL OLD SCHOOL NIGGAS THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK THEY DONT LIKE THAT BLUE OR RED SHIT FOR THE MOST PART THEY DONT TRIP ON BLUE...CUZZ THE ISLAND IS ALL RANNED BY RED AND GOLD..THATS WHY LKZ ALLWAYS GET INTO IT WITH BLOODS NOT WITH CRIPS NOT THAT MANY OF THEM IN THERE

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 11th, 2004, 2:12 pm

TomTom wrote:GAME WHAT PART OF THE NYC U FROM??..MAYBE I MISSED IT…AND ARE THOSE TRU LIFE PUERTO RICANS, LATIN KINGS??..THEY WAS THROWING UP SOMETHING..
IM ORIGINALLY FROM CHI TOWN BUT I MOVED TO NY WHEN 6 YEARS AGO AND I STAY UPTOWN WASHINGTON HEIGHTS...AND WHERE I LIVE IS ALL DOMINICANS NOT MANY P'S THAT SPANISH HARLEM AND L.E.S BKA LOWE EAST SIDE

heat

Unread post by heat » May 11th, 2004, 4:48 pm

Peep 'My Bloody Life: The Making of a Latin King' by Reymundo Sanchez. Interesting read from the PR roots and the development of Latino Gangs. Author became a high ranking figure in the LK, an honest book which all gangmembers can relate to.

Peace

nofx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by nofx » May 11th, 2004, 8:02 pm

Theres a sequel to the first book called "Once a King, Always a King": The Unmaking of a Latin King

thecarwong
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by thecarwong » June 6th, 2004, 1:27 am

Thanks for recommending the book. I bought both copies and its real good reading. Because I use to work near Humboldt Park and have some friends that use to live there, it was very interesting to read some history about that area. I left my book around the house when I went out, and my girlfriend started reading it and wont give it back :lol:

Trey
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trey » October 25th, 2004, 8:53 pm

dope video...props game....

are most LK's puerto ricans or are there a lot of cubans n dominicans too?

project blowed
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by project blowed » October 29th, 2004, 10:31 pm

latin kings symbolizes a huge difference between itself and other gangs...

1. theyre organized

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » October 31st, 2004, 3:56 pm

Trey wrote:dope video...props game....

thats a good question. im sure there are some non-puterican members. i know where i use to live, theres a dominican gang called the trinidads or something like that, but im sure there are dominicans in alkqn too. probably some cubans too.

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » October 31st, 2004, 6:23 pm

yeah..up in chicago lks have other races..not juss latin people..they got asians, whites. blacks.....

phoenix
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by phoenix » November 1st, 2004, 3:04 am

dopekid127 wrote:yeah..up in chicago lks have other races..not juss latin people..they got asians, whites. blacks.....

italians to but out here italians who were kings are the italian kings and they arent really doing "gang bangin" they do shit under the scenes and shit so not many peopl eknwo of them but most white dudes you see rockin alot of red with red beeds and shit are aik and not fake bloods ive ran into the problem a few times

CashvilleL0C
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by CashvilleL0C » November 2nd, 2004, 12:19 pm

I don't know shyt about NY or the Chi so I aint got nothin to say about all that, but I know a LK that came from Bronx last year (He claimed) called Skinny. He tried to be cool with some Hoovers and he even jumped in a Hoover 107 and APG gang fight but then the Hoovers started gettin ratted on and nobody heard nothing from/about 'Skinny' since then. As for LKs in the South? I aint seen no more... I know its not any bangin in Nashville, I don't think its any in Memphis (Folk is too strong) and my boy claim Two Six Gangsta in Mobile, AL- he said he met 1 LK 2 years ago and he's been smoked. I doubt if LK could ever set up shop in TN, with so many Crips and Folk being cool with each other and Bloods don't like them? They don't got a chance at all in MOST of the South.

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » November 3rd, 2004, 1:29 pm

been to tennesee a couple of times..mad folks their.....what hispanic gangs they got in tennesee? sur13?

CashvilleL0C
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by CashvilleL0C » November 3rd, 2004, 11:45 pm

Its some Sur13, it was a 'Brown Pride' gang that aligned with Blood and Vice Lord but their little homies are getting smashed all over TN by Crip, GD, and Sur. I heard a few 18th St. are trying to set up shop down here but its just word of mouth. Hispanics really got no control, it was just Folk in control. Blood (APG) controlled Nashville about 6-7 years ago but they aint doin it, its all about Crip and Folk now. AP stays gettin smashed on now, they done got banged on by my set 4 times in a week and a half. And now that Hoover 107s are gettin deeper the APGs are really starting to fade out...

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » November 4th, 2004, 9:58 am

save!

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » November 4th, 2004, 9:45 pm

apg....if its the same one im thinking about, where they bloods that had a lot of asians in it?

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » February 26th, 2005, 6:03 am

project blowed wrote:latin kings symbolizes a huge difference between itself and other gangs...

1. theyre organized
all chicago mobs are organized.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » February 26th, 2005, 6:04 am

se11 wrote:
Trey wrote:dope video...props game....

thats a good question. im sure there are some non-puterican members. i know where i use to live, theres a dominican gang called the trinidads or something like that, but im sure there are dominicans in alkqn too. probably some cubans too.
In chicago/milwaukee,indiana there are tons of mexican LKs,also whites,native americans,etc

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 22nd, 2005, 1:52 pm

as much as King Tone says them niggas is as violent as ever. the Kings vs Blood beef is real

NuyoricanSoul

Unread post by NuyoricanSoul » June 16th, 2005, 4:22 pm

Latin Kings have always been a political group, its always been about PR pride standing up for a free Puerto Rico, Latin Kings have always been freedom fighters.

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » June 17th, 2005, 4:14 pm

NuyoricanSoul wrote:Latin Kings have always been a political group, its always been about PR pride standing up for a free Puerto Rico, Latin Kings have always been freedom fighters.
ni99a please!!!!

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » June 18th, 2005, 2:04 pm

NuyoricanSoul wrote:Latin Kings have always been a political group, its always been about PR pride standing up for a free Puerto Rico, Latin Kings have always been freedom fighters.
lol.All LKs do is hustle and gang bang.You call standing on a street and beating down anyone who has his hat tilted to the right being a ''freedom fighter''?I have never heard about them doing anything political,like the GDs,CVLs,or BPS.

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » June 18th, 2005, 3:49 pm

call it whatever you wanna call it, latin kings is just a bunch of gangbangers & drug addicts with a lot of lowlifes & some leaders of course sht just like any other organization, la eme, la nf etc.... call it what u wanna call it, they are gang members

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » June 18th, 2005, 3:55 pm

seen this video at sociology class, teacher was talking about how king tone acts more like a preacher rather than a violent leader. Tone wants to change things around by creating peace but afraid he might get shot or killed for being soft.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » June 18th, 2005, 7:53 pm

King tone is only honored in NYC.Most of the LKs in the USA go by the chicago literature and structure.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » June 19th, 2005, 12:06 pm

I thought all of them do ---- the only exception is conneticut and theres a deep story behind that, i hear CT got the most kings next to NY and IL

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » June 19th, 2005, 7:35 pm

I doubt it.I would say wisconsin probably has more LKs than Conneticut.

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » June 19th, 2005, 7:50 pm

King Tone aint only honored in NYC from what I saw in some shit on TV he was having nationwide meetings with kings from all over America. He honored and in affiliation with a large portion of the LK community if not all of it.