BOYZ n the HOOD...

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
TAADOW
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

BOYZ n the HOOD...

Unread post by TAADOW » May 1st, 2004, 2:43 am

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie..

I never fully knew or understood anything about L.A. fully till i either heard Eazy E spit some rhymes,when i first heard E i was like daym this brother sounding mad and agressive..
it was back then i was starting to feel something and gain interest in..

After E and NWA came on the scene i seen this movie Boyz n the hood and i was like DAYM! WTF is going on!!!

Brothers killing Brothers!
Yes i ve heard all the CIA shit they brought all the uncut pure stuff in to the community blah blah,but that movie was a real eye opener..

When your from outside a world far from reality and you see this it like sets you back and makes you think like daym amn im so lucky..
but meanwhile my poor brother he getting shot killed etc..real shame to see.
Teh movie may seem weak to some over in the states, but alot of peeps where im from were like daym man them niggaz is for real..Then you know a lot of other movies came out etc Menace to Society daym that was some sad shit
Im always and have been posed with the question..What can i do to help the situation?..
guess ill never know..
Tis a sad world but i LOVE L.A. and its my dream to go there one day..

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: BOYZ n the HOOD...

Unread post by rumble2005 » May 14th, 2004, 8:26 am

One of them kats from the movie Boyz n the hood got murdered, yrs back...Anyone member who it was, which role that he played in the movie???

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » May 14th, 2004, 9:51 am

Im pretty sure it is that dude who looks like chris tucker who shot Ricky with the shotgun at the end, I heard he was a blood and was murdered, so that might ve who your thinkin of

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » May 14th, 2004, 11:44 am

Alright, thanks for the reply man.....I know who ur talking about...

MOMO

Unread post by MOMO » May 14th, 2004, 12:03 pm

I think you're talking about Dedrick D. Gobert from nine-owe(I think),
he was shot during an argument at a drag race at a Southern California racetrack in late 1994.

He played "Dooky" in Boyz n the hood