Chris Tucker

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
MiChuhSuh

Chris Tucker

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 3rd, 2007, 6:27 pm

Chris Tucker is a no talent stereotype-playing "I'm funny because I'm loud and say damn a lot" b*tch

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » August 3rd, 2007, 7:04 pm

What is the point of this?
That man is making money. 20mil + for films now and has only been in about what 5-6 movies.
Give that black man his props.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 3rd, 2007, 7:11 pm

LcBwC wrote:What is the point of this?
That man is making money. 20mil + for films now and has only been in about what 5-6 movies.
Give that black man his props.
lol @ calling him a black man

the point? I feel like hating right now - ya I am the internet stereotype whateva. The new Rush Hour 3 is coming out and it's gonna be the same corny ass jokes.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » August 3rd, 2007, 8:04 pm

What is C Tucker...white now?
Hate on....

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 3rd, 2007, 8:10 pm

not a man

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » August 6th, 2007, 2:05 am

AND WHAT ABOUT JACKIE CHAN ....HE STILL CANT SPEAK ENGLISH .....AFTER ALL THESE YEARS , NOW THATS FUNNY ........AND STEREOTYPICAL EVERY ASIAN DOES MARTIAL ARTS IN A MOVIE , BARELY ACTING ........

80% MARTIAL ARTS - 20 % ACTING .........ASIAN MOVIES :lol:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » August 6th, 2007, 3:45 am

To be honest i always liked both, Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan. But especially i like the old 80s Hong Kong based movies of Jackie Chan.

Past
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Past » August 6th, 2007, 12:40 pm

nigga slap yourself chirs tucker one of the funniest people ever , if you ever seen his stand up you would know what im talkign about, and if you dont like his jokes in rush hour just go crawl under a rock you have no idea what humor is.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » August 6th, 2007, 1:26 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:not a man
Haha why is he not a man, cuz you dont like his jokes?

Trip'n_Loc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trip'n_Loc » August 6th, 2007, 2:43 pm

i cant stand dude...i kinda look like 'em so urrbody call me SMokey lol but gyea some of ya'll iz rite, he jus a funny "Black dude" that white folks feel comfortable laughing at....but the man is getting paid

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 6th, 2007, 3:04 pm

chris should of taken that role in ray instead of giving it up to jamie foxx.
it would be cool to see him in a serious role.
marlyn waynes was in that serious movie "Requiem of a dream" and did a way better job then i expected.

Trip'n_Loc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trip'n_Loc » August 6th, 2007, 3:07 pm

^^iz u forreal? he was gon' play Ray..yea that would have been different. but a good role for him

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » August 6th, 2007, 5:51 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:chris should of taken that role in ray instead of giving it up to jamie foxx.
marlyn waynes was in that serious movie "Requiem of a dream" and did a way better job then i expected.
Ray wouldnt have been a good fit for him. The movie probably wouldnt have been half of what it was supposed to be with him as Ray. Plus Ray Charles himself had a lot to do with casting who was going to play him, he almost said that Jamie Foxx couldnt play him, so you think someone with no musical background would have?

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 7th, 2007, 2:14 am

LcBwC wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:chris should of taken that role in ray instead of giving it up to jamie foxx.
Ray wouldnt have been a good fit for him. The movie probably wouldnt have been half of what it was supposed to be with him as Ray. Plus Ray Charles himself had a lot to do with casting who was going to play him, he almost said that Jamie Foxx couldnt play him, so you think someone with no musical background would have?
we all know now that Foxx was perfect for the role but it was a surprise role for him nobody thought it was gonna turn out to be a oscar winning performance.
im not sayin tucker would have done better then Foxx, i just think that seeing chris in a serious role would be koo to see instead of the stereotype roles he does.
for real tho that was just a "WHAT IF" type question i been thinkin about.
likw what would the "The Matrix" be like if will smith had taken that role instead of turning it down for wild wild west.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 7th, 2007, 7:29 pm

LcBwC wrote:
Haha why is he not a man, because you dont like his jokes?
Trip'n_Loc wrote:i cant stand dude...i kinda look like 'em so urrbody call me SMokey lol but gyea some of ya'll iz rite, he jus a funny "Black dude" that white folks feel comfortable laughing at....but the man is getting paid
Damn straight.
But "the man is getting paid?" That sounds like bspg talk, you like 50 Cent too? :lol:

"Not like his jokes"? I don't like the whole role he's portraying, it takes more than taking out or changing a few jokes here and there to change that.
DAAAAAAAYMMMMMMMMMNNNNNN
That's like his defining punchline. Nothing but dumbed down overemotional self hype; no humor, no talent, no with, not intelligence, no creativity. He's the Bill O'Reilly of comedy, the louder and dumber you are the more people watch.

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » August 11th, 2007, 8:41 pm

Not only does the brutha get paid but he gives back to BLACK PEOPLE! Ever since he traced his roots back to Africa 'Angola' he spends alot of time with African issues and has set up a foundation that helps to improve the lives of South African Youth!

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 11th, 2007, 8:52 pm

Tre wrote:Not only does the brutha get paid but he gives back to BLACK PEOPLE! Ever since he traced his roots back to Africa 'Angola' he spends alot of time with African issues and has set up a foundation that helps to improve the lives of South African Youth!
You do realize that they are different countries, don't you?

Not only that, but charity work and his comedy routine are two completely separate issues. Donating money and setting up foundations doesn't change the fact that he's a coon act.

Seriously, it's like you're that insecure about being or not being black you have to DO THIS as soon as something "black" comes up. We get it, you're black and proud - we don't need the extra help in your pointing it out. And it makes you seem like you're probably not really black or something.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 11th, 2007, 9:15 pm

Tre wrote:Not only does the brutha get paid but he gives back to BLACK PEOPLE! Ever since he traced his roots back to Africa 'Angola' he spends alot of time with African issues and has set up a foundation that helps to improve the lives of South African Youth!

Don't say you meant "Southern Africa" either because Angola is in Middle Africa.

Again, Tre, have you ever been in any part of Africa before? Or do you like to take randomly assorted quotes and claims about it for granted?

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » August 11th, 2007, 9:45 pm

Chris Tucker traced his fathers ancestors back to 'Angola' and his foundation 'The Chris Tucker Foundation' was set up specifically for South African Youth. I never said Angola and South Africa was the same country.

You can call him 'coon' whatever man, this BLACK man (Chris Tucker) has got his shit together!

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » August 12th, 2007, 9:34 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
LcBwC wrote:
Haha why is he not a man, because you dont like his jokes?
Damn straight.
But "the man is getting paid?" That sounds like bspg talk, you like 50 Cent too? :lol:

"Not like his jokes"? I don't like the whole role he's portraying, it takes more than taking out or changing a few jokes here and there to change that.
Directed at me?
I respect 50s business hustle. Not an issue of liking him.
Everyone cant be pleased on the roles. If he was playing different types of roles then there would be something else...on and on.

Trip'n_Loc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Trip'n_Loc » August 13th, 2007, 10:48 am

thas all good that he traced his roots, i want to do that also. BUT Chris Tucker was good in Rush Hour 3. watchin it made me realize that us as Black ppl can cause more racist problems for ourselves then white ppl do us; we need to get out of the mentality that if a Black man is doing comedy like this, he's COONING, cuz thas not wat it is. Think about all the humiliating shit white folk do, but u dont hear other white ppl go, OOOH HE'S MAKING ALL OF US WHITES LOOK BAD :arrow:

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » August 15th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Me personally I dont think the dude is making blacks look bad at all. Hes put himself in a better position and has opened alot of doors for newcomers. He tells jokes that are racially charged at times, but he does it in a way that I feel isnt a put down or on some Im better than this. Shedding light on well known issues has never been a problem in my eyes.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » August 16th, 2007, 1:43 am

HATIN ON A BROTHER AS USUAL .........LOL

THE NICCA DEMANDS 20 MILLION A MOVIE , PLUS BACK END EXTRA MONEY FROM HIS FLICKS ................THATS 20 MILLION PLUS SOME ,

LET ME SAY HIS PHRASE FOR HIM " AND YOU KNOW THIS MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !! "

KEEP ON BROTHA , DO YOUR THING ......WE LEAD , THEY FOLLOW "

Black Top
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Black Top » August 16th, 2007, 12:49 pm

Gotta give it to em. He came a long way from Def Comedy Jam.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » August 16th, 2007, 5:25 pm

^^^Hell yea he came a long way. Hasnt even done half of the movies that people in the 20 mil per film club have. Gotta respect that. About his BI.

freegbizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Chris Tucker

Unread post by freegbizzle » May 27th, 2009, 8:00 pm

chris tucker a good dude.