Burning DVDs

Discuss TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage. Video games are also discussed in this section.
Anonymous20

Burning DVDs

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 25th, 2003, 12:51 am

If any one knows about the best way to burn DVDs and what the best software is to do this post that info here.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Burning DVDs

Unread post by wcrockets » July 25th, 2003, 12:47 pm

The DVD-R you purchase at Fry's or on the net usually comes with software that is compatible to that device. You should make sure that it does comes with the software, before purchasing the DVD-R, and that your operating system is supported.

Now there is a big interest these days in illegal DVD ripping into an image file and then burning that image on a new DVD-R disc but I won't have anything to do with that.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 11th, 2003, 11:34 am

But if you want to burn DVD's you can get a software product like DVDX.

Spoon

Unread post by Spoon » November 13th, 2003, 9:10 am

i'm not sure but could it be that you mean DivX? with this software you can't burn dvds! but you can play movies or something like that!
(http://www.divx.com/divx/player/index.php)

Anonymous20

New DVD burner

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 19th, 2003, 1:45 pm

I went on and got an external DVD burner made by TDK. At Costco it is about 239.00, I have seen the same exact one at Frys for 309.00.

This one can burn both formats, DVD-R and DVD+R. If you decide to get one make sure it does both formats. The SONY dvd burner is realy good too.

Also make sure you connect your computer to the DVD burner using Firewire port. The USB port on most computer (1.1) cant do it. You would have to change your USB post to a 2.0 and even if you do that, the transfer is slower than the firewire.

On a lap top you can get a PCI card for fire wire for about $50.00. The Fire wire card for a desktop computer is about $20.00 at Frys. Also you need a seperate external harddrive to store the video files. I suggent a 100 GB hard drive that you can connect also via FireWire. The FireWire PCI card has 3 ports on it so you can connect more than one item.

My first tape from the Street Raw series will be released on both VHS and DVD. The VHS is available now, I am working on the DVD now but i have to get another external hard drive.

http://www.streetgangs.com/tapes/raw1.html

Check out the tape contentsand there are some clips I will be posting there soon.

blah
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blah » November 19th, 2004, 3:35 pm

use dvd shrink. dont know all the details but check out dvdshrink.org. one of my friends got a dvd burners and made it into a dual layer by flashing the the firmware

Return to “Film, TV, Footage, Documentaries & Video Games”