Operation Repo on Tru TV

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Operation Repo on Tru TV

Unread post by alexalonso » May 18th, 2009, 9:26 pm

Has anyone ever watched this show Operation repo on Tru TV where they reposses people cars? I think the show is totally fake. There is always conflict but you rarely see a real fight. It looks totally scripted coming from a channel that claims "not reality but actuality".

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Operation Repo on Tru TV

Unread post by HiloBoy » May 18th, 2009, 9:43 pm

I read online that it is recreated/reacted...

Anyone that does real repos know they never go in the afternoon, they usually go at night, late at night...

Have to admit though, it had me fooled for about 3 episodes...

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: vegas

Unread post by tysuave » May 19th, 2009, 9:39 am

I guess you'll dident see the show where the repo dude got knocked out by the biker dudes and they stomped him out.this show is real just like when the youngsters pulled the heat on the big repo guy then the police came and caught em.

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » June 7th, 2009, 12:17 pm

tysuave wrote:I guess you'll didn't see the show where the repo dude got knocked out by the biker dudes and they stomped him out! This show is real just like when the youngsters pulled the heat on the big repo guy then the police came and caught em.
That repo dude was crazy walking into a group of Mongols like that! I agree with you man that some things are hard to fake like getting your ass beat!

61deuce
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Minneapolis

Unread post by 61deuce » June 7th, 2009, 3:31 pm

Maybe the show is pure entertainment but that guy getting punch and beat by the bikers seem real. The cops coming makes it convincing.

But this one is fake. Watch the video carefully when Matt get kicked.

Klaxon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by Klaxon » July 21st, 2009, 4:31 am

I can state as fact that the show is completely fake. The company that is the focus of the show is fictional. It is not registered as a real company with the state of California and most of the "repo men" on the show do not have the proper licensing to repossess assets in the state of California. Some of them do because they had formerly been real repo-men before the show. All of the vignettes are re-enactments of supposedly-real incidents that happened in the past to real repo companies. Everyone you see on the show is an actor and most of the people on the show are professional actors (as I said, a few are former real repo men and this show is their first acting gig). All of the cops on the show are definitely actors. I haven't seen the episode with the Mongols MC but I would be *shocked* if they were not actors as well.

The fact that so many people think its real shows how good the producers are. However, all you have to see is the episode where a midget in their fan club supposedly tags along for the ride and then gets involved in a repo operation and attacks the "brother" of some car's owner. So many laws were violated in that episode that if it were real the company would immediately lose their license and most of the dudes would be arrested for assault.

tysuave
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: vegas

Unread post by tysuave » July 21st, 2009, 4:27 pm

yea after watching it some more I do think the show is fake!

SELA1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SOUTH EAST LOS

Unread post by SELA1 » February 14th, 2010, 9:07 am

IT STATES IN THE VERY BEGINING OF EVERY EPISODE THAT THESE ARE RE-ENACTED AND ARE BASED ON REAL EVENTS. SO IT'S SCRIPTED BUT BASED ON REAL INCIDENTS.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » February 14th, 2010, 9:49 pm

Tre wrote:
tysuave wrote:I guess you'll didn't see the show where the repo dude got knocked out by the biker dudes and they stomped him out! This show is real just like when the youngsters pulled the heat on the big repo guy then the police came and caught em.
That repo dude was crazy walking into a group of Mongols like that! I agree with you man that some things are hard to fake like getting your ass beat!

First of all those dudes are Vagos not Mongols and second of all that beating was toatally fake especially the breaking of the cammera. Anybody who thinks this show or the traffic cop show is real definitely has a low IQ.

mvwi1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Union City

Unread post by mvwi1 » July 25th, 2010, 12:04 pm

I've never watched the program but always see the commercials when I'm watching TV. That's interesting the program is recreation of real incidents and the company isn't even real.