Asian Gangs On Gangland

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » November 22nd, 2009, 1:42 pm

Nah i can't remember but it was shortly after the VN heads caught those massive cases, where witnesses were getting silenced and jurors threatened, which was in 1997 I believe. So the special must have aired in 1998 or 99 because I remember they weren't allowed to talk/air anything bout the case till after sentencing because of the issues surrounding it.

I checked the Fox site though, it's definitely not archived there.

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 253
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 5:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: killa state

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by caliboi » May 9th, 2010, 9:59 am

vn abz is the shit and dey shuld do a gland on dem man dey the shit

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 317
Joined: February 10th, 2010, 11:48 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: 1904

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » May 9th, 2010, 2:18 pm

SB Tisoy wrote:I notice they don't do an episode unless they have a former/current member of whatever gang they're covering on board. I think it's tough to find members to come forward. If they can actually make a decent episode and get it fairly accurate, AND get some ex-Gs to speak on it, for pure entertainment's sake I'd watch shows on:

Asian Boyz from Long Beach and Van Nuys.
Bahala Na Gang, Nor Cal and So Cal.
Be Down Boys from San Diego.
Black Dragon, Lincoln Heights/LA.
Born to Kill in New York.
Flying Dragons from New York Chinatown.
Ghost Shadows also from New York Chinatown.
Korean Killers from K-Town/LA.
Korean Playboys also from K-Town/LA (lot of dudes pumping these guys up, curious now LOL).
Satanas from Rampart/LA, Cerritos, Valley and Oxnard.
Sons of Samoa, Long Beach.
Pinoy Real from Atwater/LA and West Covina.
Tiny Rascal Gang, from Long Beach this time!
Vigilante Boys from Daly City/SF.
Wah Ching from So Cal.

There's a good list Gangland. Stop making episodes on Crips in Alaska.
BDB isn't as active as they used to be in San Diego. But they are definitely known. It's probably the only Dago bred gang that's gone international. They set up in the Philippines and there are rumors that they have a set in Vancouver. I don't think any Mexican gangs in San Diego have set up south of the border.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 317
Joined: February 10th, 2010, 11:48 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: 1904

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » May 9th, 2010, 2:33 pm

judastaugamma wrote:90% of the stuff they air is crap unless it's the cops being interviewed.
Yeah that's true.

But...i think they get most of their info from the fuzz (police reports, anecdotal stories, media clips). And the fuzz can bee 90% wrong on what they know about a gang-unless they have infiltrated it.

The shows that they aired on Logan Heights, Mongols, and Hells Angels are full of half truths and embellishments. It seems like the producers and writers of the show rely on old media reports and apocryphal stories of the gangs. Then they use embellishments from rats and anonymous "members" to fill in some spots. Then they cap it off with iffy info that law enforcement has gleaned on investigation or from informants.

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 253
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 5:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: killa state

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by caliboi » May 13th, 2010, 3:43 pm

yea gangland episodes suck balls cuz dey dont have anydin on asian gangs tat much

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by mayugastank » May 14th, 2010, 5:58 pm

Asian gangs should we even call them that? claiming bloods and crips -dressing like mexican bangers-under 25 years old and getting tattoed in the fashion made popular by cholos! Their is absoultely nothing ASIAN about them! They dont have TRG or ABZ in their own home countries -they werent shaving their heads and wearing dickies in the phillipines or vietnam! They werent getting tattoed on the head in old english-or wearing wife beaters and clean white tshirts in their home countries-they got all those styles from mexican gangs! Which is why no one cares about them they havent given anything to the american underground at all. Why dont you guys get real asian gangs whom represent a real asian culture not a slanty eyed version of a black gang or a messed up version of a mexican gang ........be yourselves -cuz right now you look like wannabees! Mexican gangs point to a 100 year gang history in the states-you guys didnt come up till the 1980s in this country -yet you want exposure on gang land?lol..............your gangs look like a goofy copy of a mexican hood -with the tattoos cholos being getting inked on them for some 60 years -fuck you guys even get the teardrops and 3 dots now like a vato!

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 317
Joined: February 10th, 2010, 11:48 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: 1904

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » May 14th, 2010, 7:23 pm

mayugastank wrote:Asian gangs should we even call them that? claiming bloods and crips -dressing like mexican bangers-under 25 years old and getting tattoed in the fashion made popular by cholos! Their is absoultely nothing ASIAN about them! They dont have TRG or ABZ in their own home countries -they werent shaving their heads and wearing dickies in the phillipines or vietnam! They werent getting tattoed on the head in old english-or wearing wife beaters and clean white tshirts in their home countries-they got all those styles from mexican gangs! Which is why no one cares about them they havent given anything to the american underground at all. Why dont you guys get real asian gangs whom represent a real asian culture not a slanty eyed version of a black gang or a messed up version of a mexican gang ........be yourselves -because right now you look like wannabees! Mexican gangs point to a 100 year gang history in the states-you guys didnt come up till the 1980s in this country -yet you want exposure on gang land?lol..............your gangs look like a goofy copy of a mexican hood -with the tattoos cholos being getting inked on them for some 60 years -fu-- you guys even get the teardrops and 3 dots now like a vato!
I got lots of respect for some Asian gangs in Dago. Some of them do their own thing like -OKB- -TOC- -OBS- -IDM- -IPT-
All Dago bred and reppin their own thing.

A gangster is a gangster. Doesn't matter what they dress like or claim. As long as they back up theirs.

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 253
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 5:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: killa state

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by caliboi » May 23rd, 2010, 7:54 am

dey finally have a gangland on so cal abz

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » May 23rd, 2010, 1:26 pm

Snitch ass northsider rejects

User avatar
TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 78
Joined: January 15th, 2008, 2:36 am
What city do you live in now?: Victorville CA
Location: High Desert, CA

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by TCC19 » May 23rd, 2010, 11:20 pm

Any1 catch the ABZ episode of gangland Im still kinda shocked they went the whole episode without mentioning TRG once. In a way they're contradicting themselves in the TRG episode they said ABZ started as an offshoot of TRG so it's pretty weird that they never said one word about them or their beef.

NoodleBoy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 70
Joined: July 28th, 2008, 11:34 am
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by NoodleBoy » May 24th, 2010, 1:12 am

TCC19 wrote:Any1 catch the ABZ episode of gangland Im still kinda shocked they went the whole episode without mentioning TRG once. In a way they're contradicting themselves in the TRG episode they said ABZ started as an offshoot of TRG so it's pretty weird that they never said one word about them or their beef.
Yeah now that you mention it I do recall them talking about how ABZ split with TRG, however in the new episode they never once mentioned that. Instead they made it look like ABZ was totally started on their own. They made ABZ look even harder than TRG in my opinion. But I'm sure both gangs are pretty hard in their own right. I guess geographics play different roles in major gang rivalrys. Cause in the TRG episode ABZ was their biggest rival. But in the ABZ one Wah Ching was their biggest enemy. My guess is that they'll have one on Wah Ching sooner or later. They were mentioned as really deep and hardcore, but gangland made it look like ABZ was just dumpin on them during that summer madness. In the ABZ episode they showed pics of what I believe were members of V Boyz. So are the ABZ and V Boyz allies or did gangland just mess up again?

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » May 24th, 2010, 9:00 am

Man first off that episode got me heated, I wasn't expecting it to be accurate or paint a pretty picture of the hood because well, lets face it, it's gangland but to have that buster ass fool "Sicco Blu" as their main focus, running his mouth...got me heated.

That fool Sicco ain't from Long Beach at all, period claiming he this and that since 8 years old in the beach then why he randomly just show up in Lowell, MA claiming LB ABZ at 4 yrs ago at 19yrs old and no one heard of this fool? He only trying to promote his music by cliccing up with these other wack

cLkutch I can at least vouch for being from the hood but that fool shoulda known better for running his mouth all up on TV like that, homies are heated.

said it once and ill say it again, fuc* all these pretty boy ass bangers claiming the set, showing their ass all over the internet, making music videos trying to bang on video, that includes that fool Wicced from the Dallas set, i seen his picture come out in that episode too.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by mayugastank » May 24th, 2010, 11:37 am

buLLetxx2 wrote:Man first off that episode got me heated, I wasn't expecting it to be accurate or paint a pretty picture of the hood because well, lets face it, it's gangland but to have that buster ass fool "Sicco Blu" as their main focus, running his mouth...got me heated.

That fool Sicco ain't from Long Beach at all, period claiming he this and that since 8 years old in the beach then why he randomly just show up in Lowell, MA claiming LB ABZ at 4 yrs ago at 19yrs old and no one heard of this fool? He only trying to promote his music by cliccing up with these other wack

cLkutch I can at least vouch for being from the hood but that fool shoulda known better for running his mouth all up on TV like that, homies are heated.

said it once and ill say it again, fuc* all these pretty boy ass bangers claiming the set, showing their ass all over the internet, making music videos trying to bang on video, that includes that fool Wicced from the Dallas set, i seen his picture come out in that episode too.

TRG ABZ???LONG BEACH? You claiming they all started on their own in some asian fantasy -adopted parts of their own culture and just appeared!!? TRG and ABZ and most other asian gangs got their start in Long Beach -they copied the style of the EAST SIDE LONGOS-their dress-demeanor-form of writing-tattooing--EVERYTHING! After adopting all the styles of chicano gangs they then began calling themselves -CUZ AND NIGGA! Why couldnt these asian gangs take their own culture and add american flavor to it? Nah -they had to literally copy and front on a style of dress and tattooing that belonged to chicano gangs with history -NOT NO 1989 start up asian gang! They were crazy for a minute because they were new and didnt know anything about gang history-they would wear dickies -shave their heads-wear chucks and cortez and get tattooed upside the head like vatos from the varrio-ILL BE DAMNED IF MY PEOPLE COPIED THAT MUCH FROM ANY RACE -yet at the same time after getting their styles from Vatos-they started calling themselves asian boys-or tiny rascals?...........why didnt you guys just add a 13 to the gang since non of what you did and do is actualloy asian!

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » May 24th, 2010, 1:39 pm

mayugastank wrote:
buLLetxx2 wrote:Man first off that episode got me heated, I wasn't expecting it to be accurate or paint a pretty picture of the hood because well, lets face it, it's gangland but to have that buster ass fool "Sicco Blu" as their main focus, running his mouth...got me heated.

That fool Sicco ain't from Long Beach at all, period claiming he this and that since 8 years old in the beach then why he randomly just show up in Lowell, MA claiming LB ABZ at 4 yrs ago at 19yrs old and no one heard of this fool? He only trying to promote his music by cliccing up with these other wack

cLkutch I can at least vouch for being from the hood but that fool shoulda known better for running his mouth all up on TV like that, homies are heated.

said it once and ill say it again, fuc* all these pretty boy ass bangers claiming the set, showing their ass all over the internet, making music videos trying to bang on video, that includes that fool Wicced from the Dallas set, i seen his picture come out in that episode too.

TRG ABZ???LONG BEACH? You claiming they all started on their own in some asian fantasy -adopted parts of their own culture and just appeared!!? TRG and ABZ and most other asian gangs got their start in Long Beach -they copied the style of the EAST SIDE LONGOS-their dress-demeanor-form of writing-tattooing--EVERYTHING! After adopting all the styles of chicano gangs they then began calling themselves -because AND NIGGA! Why couldnt these asian gangs take their own culture and add american flavor to it? Nah -they had to literally copy and front on a style of dress and tattooing that belonged to chicano gangs with history -NOT NO 1989 start up asian gang! They were crazy for a minute because they were new and didnt know anything about gang history-they would wear dickies -shave their heads-wear chucks and cortez and get tattooed upside the head like vatos from the varrio-ILL BE DAMNED IF MY PEOPLE COPIED THAT MUCH FROM ANY RACE -yet at the same time after getting their styles from Vatos-they started calling themselves asian boys-or tiny rascals?...........why didnt you guys just add a 13 to the gang since non of what you did and do is actualloy asian!
I'm going to assume you misquoted me by mistake and meant that comment for someone else because what you said made no sense in regards to what you quoted me saying.

but, since you posted a bunch of rant and rave drivel ill respond.

Hardly any of anything in the (LA) gang culture is original by any means. Ok, sure, Chicanos started the whole dickies, and pendletons with locs, lowriders and stuff, then blacks took that round the 70s and 80s, then the blacks brought rap and a new style of banging to the scene, stepped it up a notch, and the chicanos adopted and adapted to.Wanna talk about Eme and the big bad sur 13 now too, and how original that is? Because I, like most people in the US, have seen the godfather, bronx tale, goodfellas and it all sounds a little familiar to me.

Plain and simple, people, whether as transplants or natives, eventually become influenced by their surroundings, more so transplants than natives. Take a bunch of (insert race here) and plant them 1000s of miles from their "roots" in a place where they have no cultural or historical foundation and see what happens. This is why someone raised in cali who's parents are from brooklyn grows up without an NY accent, for lack of a better example.

Simply put, if country XXX was bout to go to war with country YYY, and XXX was a super power, all camouflaged out with facepaint and nightvision goggles while country YYY was a 3rd world country backed against a wall, forced to defend itself, would YYY dress its soldiers up in pink shirts with super soakers and sling shots or would YYY attempt to look just as hard as XXX so as to show they aint messing around? The chicanos and the blacks both tried to bang on asians when they got to LBC, before asians even banged, so we grouped up, adopted and adapted many styles from both the blacks and the eses in attempts to send the same form of visual/psychological intimidation and signals, and fought back. If a soldier with a gun shoots a civilian with a rock, and then the civilian gets a gun and shoots back are you gonna call the civilian unoriginal?

And in the end, to answer your "why didnt you just add the sur13 to it because what you did wasn't asian"...well, it's not racial, and perhaps that is the divide, it was only racial because Chicanos in the beach made it that way, not the other way around. I see a black dude, mexican dude, white dude whatever moving into my apartments, or walking down the street and I'm not threatened by that, I don't think I'm better than or less than that person because of who he and I am by default, but you Chicanos in the beach sure enforced the whole "People fear what they do not know" cliche in the LxBxC

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » May 24th, 2010, 1:44 pm

and Mayugastank, just to clarify, I aint trying to diss the eses in the beach, though I had my mess with them back in the day, I've grown up, moved out and moved on with that part in my life, it just gets to me to still hear, after all these years, so much race based animosity filled with generalized blanket statements and biased, tunnelvision style opinions.

I mean, who cares who wore dickies first, all that matters is they're affordable, durable and comfortable haha.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by mayugastank » May 24th, 2010, 4:03 pm

buLLetxx2 wrote:and Mayugastank, just to clarify, I aint trying to diss the eses in the beach, though I had my mess with them back in the day, I've grown up, moved out and moved on with that part in my life, it just gets to me to still hear, after all these years, so much race based animosity filled with generalized blanket statements and biased, tunnelvision style opinions.

I mean, who cares who wore dickies first, all that matters is they're affordable, durable and comfortable haha.

OKAY outta everyone I ever put on blast yours was the best response -well thought out and made alot of sense-more so than anything Ive ever heard on the subject-However I take issue with the fact that ganster style nationwide is considered the style of my people-appropriated by all races MOST of whom dont even know or have an idea of the history. LA EME a are definetly influenced by italians-but in the generalist terms. The style on NYC italians is something they brought with them with a 800 year history. Their isnt another culture whose street life and gang life intertwines as much as them. The style and dress of most of Americas youth can be traced back to my people -more so then italians/their identitys were secret not out in the open-They did not graffiti/dress in the style of or tattoo in the fashion of Los Angelos chicano youth. The first informer of the mafia was Joe Valachi in 1963,before that Italian Racketeers were considered like everyone else/Loosely affiliated /loosely structured and holding no history-it wasnt till informers divulged the secrets of LA COSA NOSTRA that the street life of italians was known to hold a cultural ethos with hundreds of years of history.Thats why they have outlived the irish -polish and german racketeers of old.Outside of the gangs of NYC italians and East LA chicanos -not another race in America holds the history and stylizations and artistry of these 2 peoples. Their are gangs operating in East LA with a hundred years of history -whom or where in the world do any such organizations exist? for all their hype the yukuza didnt develop till after world war 2. What I am saying is that how can asians/cambodians/armenians/samoans...absolutely abandon everything unique in their cultures to adopt the styles of a race apart from their own? The armenians hold one of the oldest cultures known to man yet they dropped everything and anything to due with unique -pre biblical cultural to wear dickies ,shave their heads ,get tattooed in teh fashion of Los Angelos chicanos? The USOs and Cambodians and all others did the exact same! Ill be damned if my people wouldve ever done anything of the such in such large numbers!

asianguy2000
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: July 24th, 2006, 11:45 am
Country: Cambodia
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: Nac
Location: SFV

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by asianguy2000 » May 24th, 2010, 8:36 pm

you ngas getting too off topic, talking bout clothing lol, im from van nuys and that show got me heated too, saying they all into black magic?? what the f**k is that?!!?

User avatar
TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 78
Joined: January 15th, 2008, 2:36 am
What city do you live in now?: Victorville CA
Location: High Desert, CA

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by TCC19 » May 25th, 2010, 1:53 am

asianguy2000 wrote:you ngas getting too off topic, talking bout clothing lol, im from van nuys and that show got me heated too, saying they all into black magic?? what the f**k is that?!!?

Lmfao man I'm glad sum1 mentioned that I'm not Asian and I really don't know too much about southeast Asian culture but aren't most of u guys buddhist? I was like WTF r they talkin about LOL oh and that sicco blue guy looked like the biggest poser and bullet tell your boy clutch to cut that mullet LOL just playin man

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » May 25th, 2010, 6:43 am

mayugastank wrote:
buLLetxx2 wrote:and Mayugastank, just to clarify, I aint trying to diss the eses in the beach, though I had my mess with them back in the day, I've grown up, moved out and moved on with that part in my life, it just gets to me to still hear, after all these years, so much race based animosity filled with generalized blanket statements and biased, tunnelvision style opinions.

I mean, who cares who wore dickies first, all that matters is they're affordable, durable and comfortable haha.

OKAY outta everyone I ever put on blast yours was the best response -well thought out and made alot of sense-more so than anything Ive ever heard on the subject-However I take issue with the fact that ganster style nationwide is considered the style of my people-appropriated by all races MOST of whom dont even know or have an idea of the history. LA EME a are definetly influenced by italians-but in the generalist terms. The style on NYC italians is something they brought with them with a 800 year history. Their isnt another culture whose street life and gang life intertwines as much as them. The style and dress of most of Americas youth can be traced back to my people -more so then italians/their identitys were secret not out in the open-They did not graffiti/dress in the style of or tattoo in the fashion of Los Angelos chicano youth. The first informer of the mafia was Joe Valachi in 1963,before that Italian Racketeers were considered like everyone else/Loosely affiliated /loosely structured and holding no history-it wasnt till informers divulged the secrets of LA COSA NOSTRA that the street life of italians was known to hold a cultural ethos with hundreds of years of history.Thats why they have outlived the irish -polish and german racketeers of old.Outside of the gangs of NYC italians and East LA chicanos -not another race in America holds the history and stylizations and artistry of these 2 peoples. Their are gangs operating in East LA with a hundred years of history -whom or where in the world do any such organizations exist? for all their hype the yukuza didnt develop till after world war 2. What I am saying is that how can asians/cambodians/armenians/samoans...absolutely abandon everything unique in their cultures to adopt the styles of a race apart from their own? The armenians hold one of the oldest cultures known to man yet they dropped everything and anything to due with unique -pre biblical cultural to wear dickies ,shave their heads ,get tattooed in teh fashion of Los Angelos chicanos? The USOs and Cambodians and all others did the exact same! Ill be damned if my people wouldve ever done anything of the such in such large numbers!
Well put and message received, though briefly, on the historical aspect of asians and "gangs" or (somewhat organized)"crime" then you have to take into account triads, tongs, and the war torn regions in which many of us and/or our parents migrated from but I don't wanna get in to too much detail because it's already well documented and known.

Basically, since I can only speak for me and those I know personally I will... with our parents coming up in war torn regions, having seen horrible atrocities committed against their fellow man they fled. Upon settling in their new homes, Long Beach for instance, they brought with them their kids and/or bore children shortly after arrival. Now it's true, we do have our own rich culture and history which we are proud of, as evidenced in the yearly Cambodian New Year festival/parade in LxBxC but here is/was the problem. The parents coming out of that were fu*ked in the heads to an extent, unable to really raise the kids properly, and almost 100% ignorant to what their kids were about to face outside the home in their new cities. So where the culture is very much alive in the home, pics of ankor wat all strewn about, we still burn incense for the homies and relatives passed, still attend temple, etc etc, no matter how strong our bond with it was it wouldn't have changed much. If I/We would have walked up the street to Poly all nerdy styles, backpack full of books ready to learn and go home, we'd have been physically and psychologically bullied by the eses, if we went in full monk dress, shaved heads and slippers, we'd have been messed with still, if we tried to just fade into the backgruond, same thing. So, as you see, this had less with us intentionally trying to distance ourselves from our history and culture and more with trying to assimilate ourselves within our community, as a culture/people, and with that we may have somewhat distanced ourselves from....ourselves, if that makes sense.
Again, this is all appearance we're speaking of, and on that same subject, as old as some hispanic gangs are, like Dogtown Rifa which is supposedly 100+ years old, originally a Irish and Chicano 'gang', I highly doubt they rocked dickies with cortez and bic'd heads back then. In that same veign I could ask why eses don't rock bone breastplates and headdresses like their mayan and aztec ancestors did? And someone may say "well they rep their culture by still maintaining the language, cuisine, and tattooing the azteca art/symbols/etc on their bodies" which...if I'm not mistaken, us asians do as well.

So in response to your "how can asians/islanders/etc abandon their cultures and adopt something not their own?" well the same question can be posed to Chicanos in cali because even with Dog Town in the mix thats 100 years tops and I'm no scholar but I'm almost positive the Mexican culture has more history than that. ;) THough the simplest answer can be summed up in a few simple words, "The United States is a melding pot of cultures." and thats dope to me (see: pinoys in the rampart district coming up like chicanos, see: asians in the beach blending blacks and chicano styles, see:chicanos from compton varrios and chicanos who rap now, etc)

I mean if we're going to start saying this and that sorta style or dress is off limits or claimed by this or that race(and no im not talking bout like the x3 and x4, blue and red) then where does it stop? I mean next it'll be someone claiming that because that chicano dude over there likes Teriyaki Beef Bowls that he's abandoning his culture and secretly wishes he was asian so he better stick to Corn Tortillas and Carne Asada...and that, my friend, is racist.

I know thats a extreme and somewhat silly example but it works haha.

Thing is I like to swoop some carne asada tacos from Tacos Mexico from time to time at 240am after a night of drinking...other times I'll go get some Pho, or a burger. I still shave my head, not because it's G but because I ain't trying to have to comb my hair every morning when i get out of bed. I rock dickies because theyr 15bucks at Tshirt warehouse, not size 38s anymore though haha. I rocked chucks back in the day because I could get them for 8bucks at the LA county fair, I dont rock them anymore because Nike bought them out and I dont do nikes haha. I go to temple to pray for my passed relatives, but i'll go to mass with my chicano and pinoy homies families on their birthdays if they ask. I listen to rap, and some rock even, I've dated just about ever race of woman I've been able to. Point being none of this makes me any less asian or prove I want to be something I'm not, point being that this entire paragraph could apply to just about anyone if the simplest of details were flipped a bit, and thats what makes us essentially products of our environment in America.

I've ranted long enough and should probably get my ass cracking at work before boss man swoops by.

Stay up mang.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2079
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 12:22 pm
What city do you live in now?: New York City
Location: L.A. to Brooklyn, NY

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 25th, 2010, 6:53 am

Mayugastank you bringing your long winded typing into this topic too? You already got a forum for that in that other thread man please stop ruining topics.

Why aren't Mexicans dressing like Apocalypto all through ELA running around with their buttcheeks hanging out of a palm tree leaf out talking that ixlipipiliaignagngaxaxiltlteltelzandatdn shit and throwing spears you acting like Dickies wasn't an American staple worn by mostly white blue collar workers and you act like having a bald head is an indigenous thing how is that representing aztlan fam?

Dickies aka Williamson Dickie originally U.S. Overall Company http://www.dickies.com/general/history.jsp

you know how much the offspring of these two southern boys are caking off your size 50's and all these generations of gangbanging in their clothing?

Only time I see aztec shit is on a astro van or on a tattoo, how is that different from all these "asians/cambodians/armenians/samoans" keeping their cultural tattoos like dragons, asian writing, I watched the ABZ special on youtube they had a gang of asian style, khmer based tattos. I see mad whites and all other types of races jocking that "Tribal" style tattoo that Islanders came with. I see mad white dudes trying to rock the Japanese style tats that only gangsters wear in Japan. Let's not even get into the writing everybody and their mom gets tattooed on them

The old english style adopted by all is an LA thing, regardless of race, let's remember that's not Mexica culture by any stretch man that's pure American / Anglo influence. Why you rep the thirteen with roman numerals instead of how the Mayans did it with two solid lines with three dots on top?
Image

(I know some do but you know I'm just pointing out the obvious)

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » May 25th, 2010, 7:15 am

TCC19 wrote:
asianguy2000 wrote:you ngas getting too off topic, talking bout clothing lol, im from van nuys and that show got me heated too, saying they all into black magic?? what the f**k is that?!!?

Lmfao man I'm glad sum1 mentioned that I'm not Asian and I really don't know too much about southeast Asian culture but aren't most of u guys buddhist? I was like WTF r they talkin about LOL oh and that sicco blue guy looked like the biggest poser and bullet tell your boy clutch to cut that mullet LOL just playin man
Haha, Clutch aint my boy like that, I try not to get involved with whats popping in the hood these days, especially with the youngsters, I talk to homies from my generation that still in the hood and "active" from time to time and they keep me informed. All I know is that fool Clkutch aint active anymore because he trying to raise his kid or something but he still reps the set, which i dont think is too smart since he still lives round the way in the hood, but thats I assume his hairs grown out now.

And yes, that black magic thing was laughable.

NewMission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 107
Joined: November 28th, 2007, 11:23 am
Location: East Dallas

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by NewMission » May 25th, 2010, 10:06 am

buLLetxx2 wrote:Man first off that episode got me heated, I wasn't expecting it to be accurate or paint a pretty picture of the hood because well, lets face it, it's gangland but to have that buster ass fool "Sicco Blu" as their main focus, running his mouth...got me heated.

That fool Sicco ain't from Long Beach at all, period claiming he this and that since 8 years old in the beach then why he randomly just show up in Lowell, MA claiming LB ABZ at 4 yrs ago at 19yrs old and no one heard of this fool? He only trying to promote his music by cliccing up with these other wack

cLkutch I can at least vouch for being from the hood but that fool shoulda known better for running his mouth all up on TV like that, homies are heated.

said it once and ill say it again, fuc* all these pretty boy ass bangers claiming the set, showing their ass all over the internet, making music videos trying to bang on video, that includes that fool Wicced from the Dallas set, i seen his picture come out in that episode too.

Are the Dallas ABZ legit? just curious, I know thaey have been around a minute, but they were defenitly not around in my day(early 90's) BTK,VC, etc.. These were the asian gangs I remember. Also ever heard of a rapper from the Dallas ABZ named SOY, he was putting out cd's years before that wicced fool.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » May 25th, 2010, 10:17 am

NewMission wrote:
buLLetxx2 wrote:Man first off that episode got me heated, I wasn't expecting it to be accurate or paint a pretty picture of the hood because well, lets face it, it's gangland but to have that buster ass fool "Sicco Blu" as their main focus, running his mouth...got me heated.

That fool Sicco ain't from Long Beach at all, period claiming he this and that since 8 years old in the beach then why he randomly just show up in Lowell, MA claiming LB ABZ at 4 yrs ago at 19yrs old and no one heard of this fool? He only trying to promote his music by cliccing up with these other wack

cLkutch I can at least vouch for being from the hood but that fool shoulda known better for running his mouth all up on TV like that, homies are heated.

said it once and ill say it again, fuc* all these pretty boy ass bangers claiming the set, showing their ass all over the internet, making music videos trying to bang on video, that includes that fool Wicced from the Dallas set, i seen his picture come out in that episode too.

Are the Dallas ABZ legit? just curious, I know thaey have been around a minute, but they were defenitly not around in my day(early 90's) BTK,VC, etc.. These were the asian gangs I remember. Also ever heard of a rapper from the Dallas ABZ named SOY, he was putting out cd's years before that wicced fool.
Yeah, they're afficial, theres a few of the older VN and W/S heads who live out there though I'm not going to speculate on who started that set up. Never heard of Soy.
And maybe I shoulda checced myself from talking shit on Wicced like that but those fools are all fashion and no funk over there, rather be in the streets making music videos than making noise, which is cool but to do that all under the premise of being an "Asian Boy Gangsta" is dumb, I even hard a track with that fool Wicced and Sicco Blu claiming ABZ is EBK and everyone is our enemy now.
laughable.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by mayugastank » May 25th, 2010, 10:54 pm

COLD BEAR -BULLET-

What I am saying is that although we (chicanos) are in America-we still maintained ourselves apart -African Americans 400 years of history here and they still have uniques aspects of African Culture. Through 400 years they have been able to maintain and develop a unique blend of their ancient roots and still make something totally unique in America. The south is filled with African and American mixtures. Where in Cambodian culture does anything they do in America exist? Their isnt a Cambodian American culture simply put a copy of either chicano street gang culture or copys of African Americans one-yet they ridicolously say they are an Asian gang why rocking the gangster style of clothing and sporting the fashion of tattooing that chicanos made popular and at the same time making videos on youtube and other places talking about warring with mexican gangs whom they copied in every direction to develop their gangs. The tattooing and placements and stylizations all races use in the USA as gang identifiers were first used by US. The uniform of all gang members were first sported by us. Just like the Puerto Ricans of NYC have dropped everything PR about themselves to follow African American culture the cambodians/armenians/usos/and everyone whom comes in contact with our street styles do as well! Click on any youtube video or watch any gang documentary on asian gangs or others and youll see complete plays on my peoples style. Imagine dying and killing and actually thinking you look original because instead of getting FLORENCIA across your stomache you tattooed ASIAN BOYS or TRG or SOS. Sporting corn rolls and dickies and cortez and getting blasted on your head like only vatos ever did-throwing gang signs like a East Los fool, and graffitting in the style of my people whom being doing it in LA for 100 years in some spots-their isnt a gang in America with the history of the gangs of ELA. Yea I do feel like pointing it out and YES I am proud of these facts-because its more then just gang life-its about the style of clothing -the tattooing we made popular -the graffitti we started up -the signals and codes we came up with -the forms of haircuts and even the clean imaged gangster as opposed to the decked out hipster! Now the styles we made cool are being shown on TV throughout the world. The style of tattooing we made popular is the MAIN style done in the WORLD-the 2 main styles worldwide are the styles we popularized with our AZTEC designed day of the dead symbols and the writing style we begun to identify as gangster style and to give credit where its do the OCEANIC designs of islanders. All this hey we just adopted what everyone else was doing? Did the italians do that? Do African Americans outside of gangster ones do that? Come on if they have a strong hold on their culture their would be some sort of youth set apart from their family history! But to jsut throw absolutely everything out and then take the plays on the tattooed CHARRA-the SOMBRERO wearing hyna,the writing style and twist it around? and claim its ASIAN or ARMENIAN OR BLACK? pay a fucking copyright!Thnis aint LIMEWIRE fool!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by mayugastank » May 26th, 2010, 1:17 am

One of the largest Asian gangs in the United States, the Tiny Rascal Gang has carved out its reputation through a path of violence and drugs.

The gang first emerged in the 1980s in Long Beach, a product of simple survival, not turf protection. Thrown into the streets of Long Beach, the children of Cambodian refugees had to protect themselves from Hispanic and black gangs. They fought back with violence, eventually expanding their expertise into drugs and home-invasion robberies and murder. Initially, the gang was restricted to just Cambodians, but the rules were later relaxed to include other Asians and white members.

With their shaved heads, baggy pants and Old English tattoos, the gang mimics Hispanic gangs. The resemblance is so striking even Tustin police had a tough time distinguishing the gang from other Hispanic gangs when they first moved into a Tustin safehouse in the early 1990s, Blair said


Orange County TRGs -A detective complains about how similar they were in dress to my people and how he couldnt tell them apart! Thats alot more then just adopting the styles of my people its outright copying and doing everything to the nines that we do

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » May 26th, 2010, 8:16 am

Dude you're just getting redundant and borderline racist, take those blinders off cuz it's starting to make you look ignorant, and I don't mean that as a diss but ignorance breeds racism, whether one intends to come across as racist or not.

Plain and simple, NOTHING, i repeat, NOTHING, about ANY gang culture did ANYONE one race invent, they may have popularized a certain style, dress, color, etc. but all of your claims are completely out there dude. Signs? You guys, Chicanos created sign language? really? And Shaved heads, chicanos were the first to shave their heads? Come on.
Next someone is gonna tell me Crips invented the color blue and there was no number 13 until Surenos made it up.

And Tattoos on the head, since you've done a bit of homework, you should know that the Maori in New Zealand have been tattooing their heads for some time now, they even used to decapitate the tattooed heads of their enemies after battle to take as trophies, tattoos on their heads showed which tribe they were from, sound familiar? And Maoris, if I'm not mistaken, are of Samoan origin or vice verse, sorry im not too up on polynesian culture.

Wanna get really really deep into history, most historians agree that native americans originated from....you ready for this...taiwan! yes, taiwanese were the first settlers of North and South America, which is supported by the strikingly similar dress and culture and appearance of indigenous Taiwanese of today, which predate any findings of Native American(s).
But you see in this day and age we can all trace something or another back to another race, which is why it's quite pointless to make discussions such as this into a racial thing. Wanna talk about who invented the wheel, the first people to brush their teeth, first to invent written language, okay then we get into this race or that but gangs, or more specifically the clothing and markings of said gangs? It's insignificant at most.

I mean with that sort of argument we can say something like "well if gangsters use guns then they're just copying europeans who invented guns, and they got the gunpowder in the opium trades with china so europeans are copying chinese." but no one would buy that argument in a million years. Old english style writting was invented in the reign of Charlemagne soooo.
You see it doesn't hold up because someone can always dig a counter point up and if one or more parties comes into this discussion biased or with blinders on they'll draw their own historical marks on the time lines to say thats too far back, pointless, baseless, etc.

BUT
One thing you brought up, which I thought was interesting was when you said the Yakuza didn't even emerge till post ww2, so it would make sense to ask "why" after 1000s of years of civilization there did they only emerge then. I think, given the emergence of gangs and gang culture, all over the world, one would be inclined to try to find some sort of associative amongst them, such as, lets say American/Western influence via "free market" capitalism, the whole class system where the lower classes(who are usually those forming the gangs) are packed into areas much more densely populated than the upper classes forced to fend for whatever little piece they can have/get/keep, struggle for survival bla bla. Now THAT would be an interesting topic.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by mayugastank » May 27th, 2010, 2:23 am

The old english style adopted by all is an LA thing, regardless of race, let's remember that's not Mexica culture by any stretch man that's pure American / Anglo influence. Why you rep the thirteen with roman numerals instead of how the Mayans did it with two solid lines with three dots on top


THATS A LIE ! See chicanos have influenced underground street life so much that people label dickies and shaved heads and old english and murals on the back depicting gang life and hand signals and graffiti styles and the whole lifestyle of cholos AS PERTAINING TO ALL GANG MEMBERS REGARDLESS OF RACE! Yet only chicanos were doing these things ! Since our styles of dress -were appropriated its now labeled GANGSTER STYLE for blacks/white/samoans/cambodians......well shoot since theres a couple of jazz musicians who are texan why dont you give us that? or how about chicano rappers, lets say raps Everyones now! Or Pho I love that food but its vietnamese now lets call it Americas soup! what crap! LA gangster style isnt really black at all! except for rap-what the heck else have blacks contributed? or asians or samoans or armenians? So outside of LA blacks didnt consider the uniform of gangsters to consist of shaved heads and tattooed and clean crisp-creased up? nowhere else but here was that simple classic gangster look done, and that look doesnt belong to everyone like you guys claim! Its chicano derived-which is why we are the trend setters-even the placement of tattooing the breast plate and stomache shots and old english head shots -oh now since the letters are changed around a little its for everyone? or since its done in a form of lettering thats roman ,well that makes it not chicano? We popularized and made the underground scene of America what it is. Their isnt a gang in America coast to coast with our history-and that history pertains to alot more then gangbanging...the entire underground scene of this country has our hands in it bigtime-so much so that guys like you claim that the styles of chicanos are an LA thing! But dont be fooled just because blacks/asians/samos/armenians/whites do it 2 ......it doesnt stop it from being chicano-because under 30 years ago alot of that stuff was ONLY done by us. It wasnt till much later that I began seeing OTHERS doing what we had done way back. Even to this day we maintain our uniqueness. We dont look to cambodians or blacks or anyone else to show us or give us styles or ways of doing things WE SHOW YOU! You bring a form of graffitti from New York and we change it around and put our culture in it and now its labeled LA tagger scene-yet only in LA do taggers dress and getdown the way they do here-and only in LA do white boys get the virgin mary tattooed on them and pull their socks up-shave their heads and wear teh clothes of my people-we didnt look to cambodians-whom took the style of tattooing we made popular and twist it all around like theyd oing something original. What a joke and you wonder why we have so much racial pride>??? we create and dont need NO ONE to lead us. Aint no other cultures hands intertwined in my peoples lives-and yet you fools arent embarrassed by that coming on here claiming chicano themes belong to everyone with no shame! let me braid my hair and claim its an LA thing ?! youd be all over that ! or if you wouldnt I bet your people wouldnt let it slide!

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2079
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 12:22 pm
What city do you live in now?: New York City
Location: L.A. to Brooklyn, NY

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by Cold Bear » May 27th, 2010, 7:59 am

Chicano style is the same as the mestizo race - HALF WHITE lol

You take a Aztec and mix him down with some white blood throw him in some white workclothes and he wears them too big, patch some roman numeral and old english tats on him and he says it represents his culture it's whatever my dude

Do you. if you want a cookie for your race to say you invented locs worn on the back of the head and tube socks pulled up with a bunch of head tattoos and creased dickies size 50 and all that here is your cookie. If you mad that dudes trying to be gangster nationwide took your style and don't think twice about mexicans beyond that I'm sorry (well it ain't really YOURS, is it? you just inherited it, you just picked it up based on the fact that all the other chicanos did it). The white Tapout UFC ass orange county bros really do jock your shit. Cambodians really did start dressing like cholos. It was the style in LA. It's LA style. If two thirds of LA is Mexican, I mean you think it's that unbelievably amazingly awesome that 'your people' managed to have a influence on it? HERE IS A BIG FRUCKING COOKIE

Nobody's denying (well not me personally) LA is a mexican ass city and a gangbanging ass town. If A=B and B=C then A=C and you have Mexicans are some gangbanging ass peoples! lol

You want credit for being first to do it the way it's done in LA and the southwest well yall were there first. you want credit for being in the southwest first and for being the majority? Half the southwest used to be northern Mexico.

Shit going down the way it did is circumstantial. The reason nobody is busy giving credit where it's due on who did what kind of tattoo and dressed what kind of way first is nobody gives a shit. Mexicans did the same shit motherfuckers been doing since day one in all regions of the US which is making some shit up from what's available and molding it to their taste. I was just in P-Town, VA and down there for the last 20 years they had filipinos pimping chinese yat gaw mein, as yak mein, and selling it to Blacks as "yock" noodles. Hood classic, dogs and all out of taking some regular shit and adapting it.

You care for some reason about making this point over and over meanwhile there's a lot of places in the US that don't give a flim flam floogie about Chicano style just like you don't give a f_ck about no yock noodles lol

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by perongregory » May 30th, 2010, 5:05 pm

well fuckin said.

caliboi
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 253
Joined: November 11th, 2009, 5:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: killa state

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by caliboi » July 4th, 2010, 1:24 pm

and who ever said vn abz had alot of snitches cuz i read sumdin about in post where vn abz had lotta snitches dude u fuckers dont kno shit. the only vn abz snitch i herd is truong dinh on abz gangland and also korean and sum flip guy ma frnd told me about that used to live in the van nuys area man u ppl need to get ur facts straight. vn abz is the shit cuz ive seen those mofos go into rumbles and dey make hell break loose i aint even gonna lie so yea dey pretty much wiped out all dey rivals and i actually admire them but wuldnt wanna b like them. long beach abz pretty hardcore also cuz of dere rivalry with the chongos, surenos, trg and other asian gangs and i guess with other black gangs but long beach is fo real. i give my respects to los angeles, orange county, and chicago cuz i think dats the most realest gangster cities in usa but i dont respect other cities but i do respect cali and chicago for the most part.

mrinteresting
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 35
Joined: December 7th, 2010, 8:08 pm
Country: Egypt, Arab Rep.
If in the United States: Idaho
What city do you live in now?: Dont matter

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by mrinteresting » January 20th, 2011, 1:35 pm

the asian gangs on gangland i thought were the most legit episodes were TRG vs ABZ, and the chinese mobs in frisco.

Saiga
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: September 2nd, 2011, 5:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: Flood City

Re: Asian Gangs On Gangland

Unread post by Saiga » September 2nd, 2011, 6:38 pm

All I have to say that P.O.S. "sicco blue" was SO fake it was disgusting. No one that held any respect gave him a name, you know he just made that up and started calling him self it, if by any chance those 2 words in any form were said about him in the same sentence, it was more like they seen him sucking off someone for a rock, and said you see that guy? that sicko blew some fat guy for a $5 rock, not the way he said it went down. He didn't seem to even be 1/32nd Asian of any type, but he was like I'm 1/3rd Asian. What he really should have said was "I'm half German and half Polish, but I buy a lot of stuff made in China so I feel like I'm Asian". He ruined that whole episode, I just kept thinking what is this huge nosed prick doing on this show about Asian gangs? He should have to pay everyone that seen that episode for wasting their time they can never get back, then go kill him self in a way that no one would have to see him or clean up his body, like feeding him self to sharks or something, that would be the best use of his life.

Post Reply