peacemakers:LA gang wars

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
gautier
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

peacemakers:LA gang wars

Unread post by gautier » December 17th, 2010, 12:26 pm

a new a&e show produced by Ice-T focusing on gang violence in LA and one guy triend to stp it before it happens first ep playboy gangsters vs Mansfield gangsters then Mad Ass Gangsters vs Gardena Paybacc ,4 trey gangsters vs 40 Avalon Gangsters ,Inglewood family Bloods vs Quenn Street Bloods.showing all this monthon A&E.

Yohann
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: peacemakers:LA gang wars

Unread post by Yohann » December 17th, 2010, 9:19 pm

That dude thinks he's superman: "Now I'm gonna meet the Mansfield to get a peace treaty..."
And he overplays way too much!

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » December 18th, 2010, 8:41 am

them niggaz hella dumb...they were showing faces,hangout spots and guns

hope they P.O wont see that shit

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California

Unread post by alexalonso » December 24th, 2010, 6:17 am

I been watching, I think the idea and concept was good, but I thought that Malik Spellman was not the best choice, there are at least 5 other guys that I know that do intervention and prevention work that would have come off on the screen better. I like Taco from Grape Street, also Bear (Brothers Against Bangin' Youth) from East Coast Crip would have been good, and Skipp from 2nd Call would have been a great choice.

Seeing the various interventionist would have been better too rather than showing Malik on every episode. He was be cool for a couple episodes, then have Skipp do a couple, and so on.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 24th, 2010, 6:19 am

I watched the Play Boy Gangster Crips and Mansfield episode, and they focused on that killing of the pregnant girl that was killed back in May. I am in that area weekly, and the Play Boys gangsters are barely visible. Bedrock Gangster Crip is more present than the PBGCs are.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 26th, 2010, 12:26 am

The most recent episode was the most interesting yet. I was yelling at the screen for Malik to g.t.f out of there when the guy wouldn't shake the other guy's hand. They weren't ready. That was just dangerous. This is a very interesting show and I hope it gets renewed (next week is the season finale). I've never seen a show like this on commercial television. Focusing on gang intervention without any police involvement. Up to this point the primary theme for programs on commercial t.v. about gangs has always been that the police are the only hope. This show gives an angle that people need to see. The older gangsters' impact and how they can bring change to the hood through positive dialogue.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » December 28th, 2010, 1:24 pm

alexalonso wrote:I watched the Play Boy Gangster Crips and Mansfield episode, and they focused on that killing of the pregnant girl that was killed back in May. I am in that area weekly, and the Play Boys gangsters are barely visible. Bedrock Gangster Crip is more present than the PBGCs are.
I haven't been over there in a minute but I always thought that the Bedrocc's were their little brothers and sons.....they claim the same streets.

My homies son goes to Hamilton and said something similar. PBGC are old/older and the Bedrocc's are the new hood over there.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » December 31st, 2010, 3:41 am

Alex, I just watched the most recent episode of peacemaker, that featured Fudge Town Mafia and PJ's. It said at the end that the OG from Fudge Town died? While he was talking to Malik, I thought that he looked like the guy you interviewed in 1998, who talked about the peace treaty, how land developers were using Mexicans to push black people out of Watts, etc. Wasn't that guy from Fudge Town too? Was that GK Donut? Anyhow, just asking.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » December 31st, 2010, 3:47 am

Looks like an interesting show, can you watch it online somewhere?

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE

Peacemaker..?

Unread post by doobeez » December 31st, 2010, 7:06 pm

What's y'alls thoughts on this new show airing on A&E?

jeffreyw
If in the United States: Minnesota
What city do you live in now?: columbus

Re: Peacemaker..?

Unread post by jeffreyw » December 31st, 2010, 7:18 pm

IT'S GOTTA BE MORE THAN JUST TALKING AND SHAKING HANDS . IF YOU WANT PEACE ,SET UP SOME REAL MEETING WITH YOUNG AND OLD HOMIES ,SO THEY CAN SEE AND HEAR WHATS REALLY GOING ON .

THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Connecticut
What city do you live in now?: 22nd St

Unread post by THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY » January 1st, 2011, 1:57 pm

I love the fact that they are talking bout peace however with the cameras on it looks like the G's can't be real as they wanna be...

THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY » January 1st, 2011, 2:08 pm

I like the show I have to agree the host is super wack I would rather see a preaching ass preacher...

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » January 2nd, 2011, 9:44 am

THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY wrote:I love the fact that they are talking bout peace however with the cameras on it looks like the G's can't be real as they wanna be...

This show definitely needs to be an hour long. More interviews with the older G's needs to be done, and showing them talking to the younger Homies about the situation needs to happen. How do you feel about the host, Malik? I think he is almost trying too hard.

THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY » January 2nd, 2011, 10:35 am

Yea he is cool cause he postive but his swagg throws the show off I also think it could have been better if it was an ex og banger

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » January 2nd, 2011, 11:26 am

I think that it is an important show. People who are from these neighborhoods understand how the polictics of the hood works. However, for those who have never been immersed in the hood, they have no idea that the result of one violent crime can have an impact on the safety of an entire community. I feel that it is good for people outside the inner city to know how powerful gangs in many neighborhoods are, and the impact they have on the community as a whole. I hope that the show continues. I just wonder how malik was chosen to be in the role of peacemaker.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » January 4th, 2011, 10:13 pm

What's the story with Malik? A lot of you seem to not like him.

M&L
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: at home

Unread post by M&L » January 5th, 2011, 2:19 pm

i just watched the inglewood famly vs queen street episode,they dont even mention one time squeak-ru and g-luv are rappers,making believe they are true gang members was ridiculous,plus squeak ru is even not from familys but neighborhood piru,anyone who listened the rep-yo-set album know it (i suppose they orchestrated this in the goal to have a nice story) its all comedy,but it was funny to watch.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quepolo3 » January 5th, 2011, 2:23 pm

It's not that I don't like malik, I thought that he did an excellent job. I just wondered how they made the decision the use him, when like alonso stated, there are others equally qualified.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » January 17th, 2011, 1:47 pm

THE JAMEL WEEKS STORY wrote:Yea he is cool cause he postive but his swagg throws the show off I also think it could have been better if it was an ex og banger

*THIS*

I'll give him his props, because he is definitely trying to be as positive with these intense situations as he can. But, to my naked eye, he just doesn't seem to have "it"--respect on the street. The OG from Paybacc Crip in one of the first episodes, or like Alonso said, Taco from Grape St or somebody that has put in some very serious work over the years and is well known, has street cred and respected should be considered. I swear it looks like these cats are about ready to laugh in his face sometimes.

Hell Alonso, you should consider throwing your name in the hat! 8)

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: North Carolina
What city do you live in now?: New Jerusalem

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 21st, 2011, 6:39 pm

M&L wrote:i just watched the inglewood famly vs queen street episode,they dont even mention one time squeak-ru and g-luv are rappers,making believe they are true gang members was ridiculous,plus squeak ru is even not from familys but neighborhood piru,anyone who listened the rep-yo-set album know it (i suppose they orchestrated this in the goal to have a nice story) its all comedy,but it was funny to watch.
Man I thought SqueekRU was from NH Piru and not from Families. I remember seeing Squeek on the the Rep Yo Set docu. He was in the park with the rest of the NHPs. I guess the NHPs and the IFGs are allies.
Is the truce still holding with IFG and QSB?

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » January 26th, 2011, 8:44 am

TarHeelRED wrote:
M&L wrote:i just watched the inglewood famly vs queen street episode,they dont even mention one time squeak-ru and g-luv are rappers,making believe they are true gang members was ridiculous,plus squeak ru is even not from familys but neighborhood piru,anyone who listened the rep-yo-set album know it (i suppose they orchestrated this in the goal to have a nice story) its all comedy,but it was funny to watch.
Man I thought SqueekRU was from NH Piru and not from Families. I remember seeing Squeek on the the Rep Yo Set docu. He was in the park with the rest of the NHPs. I guess the NHPs and the IFGs are allies.
naw nhp is allies with Queen st

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Quepolo3 » January 27th, 2011, 3:17 am

H572DSTA wrote:
TarHeelRED wrote:
@M&L: I checked out that rep yo set video you referred to, and you called it. Squeek ru said he's from NHP. When he was on Peacemaker, It made it seem like he was from Inglewood Family. So, how does that work? All my partners that bang, rep. their hood to the fullest. It is no question what set they belong too. I guess what I'm asking is; Does his hood, or either of those hoods look unfavorably at these type of actions. Also, there have been some real gang members that were rapppers,(ie B-Brazy, Lil Keke loco, etc.), do you think squeek ru is a legitimate rider or a poser? I appreciate that post playa, I would not have put the two together, if you had not mentioed it.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 27th, 2011, 11:49 am

H572DSTA wrote:
TarHeelRED wrote:
That episode gave a lot of wrong impressions. Squeek had on the Florida Marlins hat and everything man. Now I have all the same questions that Quepolo3 has in his last post. I wonder how ALL the Families holistically feel about an outsider repping and speaking 4 their set.
So if NHP and QSB are allies is IFG also NHPk?

M&L
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: at home

Unread post by M&L » January 30th, 2011, 1:35 pm

im not here to question the street credibility of each other but i would not have called him a rider in any case,fact is he is a full time rapper who got 4 albums under his belt,ones who know pretty well allfrumthai know he's already been reppin 500 block nhp hood way before the rep yo set album.

FAVELA9
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by FAVELA9 » February 3rd, 2011, 8:30 pm

they should do one with :

hoover & soxlos

ecc & f13

r20s nhb & 18

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » May 21st, 2011, 1:04 pm

FAVELA9 wrote:they should do one with :

hoover & soxlos

ecc & f13

r20s nhb & 18
I was wondering myself if they would try doing a black and Latino gang.

Does anyone know if this show was picked up for another season?

mvwi1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Union City

Unread post by mvwi1 » August 6th, 2011, 2:56 pm

StillNoScript wrote:
FAVELA9 wrote:they should do one with :

hoover & soxlos

ecc & f13

r20s nhb & 18
I was wondering myself if they would try doing a black and Latino gang.

Does anyone know if this show was picked up for another season?
This. It seems to have promise.

AtmSumPimpn
What city do you live in now?: inglewood

Unread post by AtmSumPimpn » December 23rd, 2012, 1:01 am

First off squeak ru is old as Fuck and when u refer to the set don't pit a k at the end weirdo and no the ifgb don't beef with the set nigga dis inglew64d banging homie we the most hated n most active hood in inglew64d.

Wh64p InhP 64street

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » December 24th, 2012, 2:51 am

Lol, that's cute 4 your 1st post!!

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » December 31st, 2012, 8:31 pm

Maybe this guy is alright, TH...new thread on the LA Blood section titled Reborn 64 Brim Gang?

You asked awhile ago about W/S Brims & Bloods? Might be part of the answer.

TarHeelRED
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TarHeelRED » January 5th, 2013, 2:04 pm

doobeez wrote:Maybe this guy is alright, TH...new thread on the LA Blood section titled Reborn 64 Brim Gang?

You asked awhile ago about W/S Brims & Bloods? Might be part of the answer.
HUH??????????? All of my comments have been pertinent 2 events on the TV SHOW PEACEMAKER: LA Gang Wars!!!!!!!! Did u watch it? Do u know what I'm talking about?

When I asked about the Brims that was under a different topic homes. The Brims weren't on Peacemaker. I didn't mention the 64 Brims- never heard of them, only 6Deuce.

Do u have anything RELEVANT 2 add 2 this discussion?