Crash (2004)

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Crash (2004)

Unread post by Invincible » May 7th, 2005, 1:52 pm

anyone seen it?

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Crash

Unread post by Invincible » May 7th, 2005, 11:12 pm

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » May 28th, 2005, 7:04 pm

i seen this movie it is one of my favorite movies already im agte that as soon as it hits the stores everybody plays an important role in the movie it had every body you can name in that movie and ludacris did pretty damn good for his first movie he played an important role also best movie of the year. i love it

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » May 28th, 2005, 8:12 pm

"It's ok daddy, I'll protect you." :cry:

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » May 30th, 2005, 12:19 am

lol you a foo gonzo. it was crazy when that cop saved that black womans life after he sexuly harrasseed her infront of her husband that sh-t was dramatic then a b-tch.

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » May 31st, 2005, 1:41 am

This was not a new idea, but it was more detailed and updated in how people crash in Los Angeles. This was a great movie on my part - to bad it is limited screens only.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » May 31st, 2005, 9:47 am

for real its limited screens!!!!!!???? thats f-cked up i thought that sh-t was world wide. alwell im getin my copy on dvd so im straight haha.

Wisdom
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Crash

Unread post by Wisdom » August 17th, 2005, 6:19 am

who seen this film? and what you make of it?

Wisdom
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Wisdom » August 17th, 2005, 3:48 pm

just seen this film and it was heavy! ludacris was tight and so was larenz tate..crazy shit how life is..movie got you to thinkin deep and heavy about some stuff about how the next mans state could affect your life..bout how u crash with others and affect them bu tdont even realise it...good film

Y.g. Kappa Don
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Y.g. Kappa Don » August 18th, 2005, 4:55 pm

Yeah this movie was hella kool its kinda Fuck-d up O-DogG got popped 4 nothin (lorenz tate) 4 those who dont know what sayin.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » September 20th, 2005, 9:35 pm

that movie was lame. i aint think it was entertaining at all. the message that movie was tryna point out was pretty common sense to me.

J-Hogg
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-Hogg » September 20th, 2005, 11:30 pm

i jus saw it too.this movie is pretty good.it could of been a lil better.

the sad thing is we still got faggot ass racists livin around & don't even know it.

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by willihen » September 21st, 2005, 4:14 am

good, powerful movie

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » November 14th, 2005, 11:56 am

that chick has always been sexy, im not talking about sandra bullock but the hell she fine to but not as fine as the black chick with some english accent.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » November 14th, 2005, 12:14 pm

this movies tight as hell

guardsman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Washington
What city do you live in now?: Seattle

Unread post by guardsman » January 12th, 2006, 8:18 pm

Crash was my favorite movie of the year. I think everyone should check this flick out. It really makes you think about how fucked up people are to each other just by their race or how they dress. It hit me deep.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 12th, 2006, 10:19 pm

DEEPEST, CRAZIEST plot ever, definitely the righest movie of the year

The craziest part was the complexity! The "racist" later turns out to be a guy who was just frustrated and saved that same woman's life, and the guy who isn't racist accidentally does something most would see as racist. But it sort of wasn't, because he already saw that the guy had a gun...

Crazy movie, most powerful of the year, should win at all of the awards except maybe special effects lol

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » January 13th, 2006, 1:36 am

i wasnt feeling this movie. yeah it had a message that was logical & coomon sense but it was pointless. many films dealing with race in the past have been made. is it still that so many ignorant people in society are still racist that this film was needed?

different races have been in los angeles for decades. is the race debate still a problem there?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 13th, 2006, 1:52 am

Watch the movie again, it wasn't even really about racism

More than anything it was about the CAUSE of it

More than anything, it was existential (http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/ ... 1861609768)

Each person was misunderstood by the others and/or misunderstood others. Each person was isolated during a time or external and internal conflict, and part of that either lead to racism and/or false accusation of racism. Their existence became seperate from other and they had basically no one to conenct or confide with

Which is why the movie is called CRASH and it says that people become so untouched and detached that they sometimes crash just to connect again, it said that as the first sentence of the movie.

Every conflict arose from internal issues caused by isolation (either physical or emotional) and this internal tension was released in way not truly meant (the cop wasn't as racist as he was taking frustration of his dad dying on anyone period and he later saved that woman's life) and then these pressures around them lead to further issues. The Iranian guy had anger issues already and paranoia of being robbed which is why not only did he buy a gun but accused the repairman of ripping him off, and thus his store became unlocked, and after he got vandalized and as an Arab even tho Iranians are Persian, he then went through "temporary insanity" as he decided to valve his internal tension and blame on the repairman.

So more than "racism" it was about misunderstanding, isolation, and internal leading to external conflicts.

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » January 20th, 2006, 9:28 am

^^^ Good analysis.

I might have to watch this film again. I saw it once but it didnt really get my full concentration and i got bored with it.

But still racism was a theme i think and like you rightly pointed out "it was about misunderstanding, isolation, and internal leading to external conflicts."

I guess i can see it now but i never really looked at it. Im gonna give this film another go when i get time

Tuco
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tuco » January 20th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Good film. Strong drama and solid performances. Terence Dashon Howard was very impressive.

none for you
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by none for you » January 22nd, 2006, 5:12 pm

I saw it by accident.... (good ol' netflix)
anyway, i found the plot to be extremely well orchestrated, as wellas a deep tie-in message, tht you will be accountable for your actions..

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 22nd, 2006, 6:19 pm

I swear....I live in the dark ages when it comes to movies, I still havent seen this one. Maybe I will have my son rent it for me.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » January 25th, 2006, 10:38 am

One hell of a powerful film. Not often I'm so effected by a movie, but Crash made me think deeply..saw it a week or so ago...the scene where a desperate Iraqi guy goes to shoot a Mexican guy who he felt lost him his business and the Mexican guys little daughter jumped into her daddies arms to protect him....hell - I had to pause for a second!

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » January 25th, 2006, 12:10 pm

just seen the movie yesterday in core seminar class in school the movie is good and real deep should have won am oscar.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » January 25th, 2006, 3:12 pm

god sandra bullock is still so hot at 41 or whatever she is now. she was a biotch in the movie but I dont care about her eprsonality I couldnst stop fantasizing lol.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 14th, 2006, 9:52 am

i just seen this movie and it was crazy. the craziest part was when the white cop who was suppose to be friendly kills larenz tate. that was the sickest part. who would have thought that would happen? that whole move was great.

just shows you how everybody could have a racist side.

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » July 14th, 2006, 3:19 pm

se11 wrote:i just seen this movie and it was crazy. the craziest part was when the white cop who was suppose to be friendly kills larenz tate. that was the sickest part. who would have thought that would happen?
I assure you I'm not being funny, but I knew that was going to happen. :idea: Think about it :idea: .... you pick up a stranger, this fool go to reach for something, you warn his ass 4 times to stop reachin' & let you see his hands, he persists in going in his pocket(s).....

I'D HAVE SHOT HIS ASS TOO :evil: (but I don't pick up hitch hikers :wink: ) You don't know what that fool finna' pull out. I don't give a Fucc if you Afican American, Caucasian, Asian, Hispanic, or what. IF I DON'T KNOW YOU & YOU REACHIN, EVEN AFTER I ASK YOU OVER & OVER AGAIN TO STOP, YOU 'BOUT TO FEEL SOME HOLLOWS!

I'll tell you what pissed my ass off though.... You remember when the' Persian cat try's to shoot the Hispanic brotha' & his daughter jumps in front.....

Why the Hispanic brotha' just take his ass in the' house! Nicca, you come on my property & try to murk me (if there was no blanks in the' gun MY DAUGHTER would have been shot!), & you think I'm gon' just go in the' house.... :roll: First of all, I'd already had the' strap on me & his ass would have been dead ('cause I dont carry blanks :wink: )!

sxr3no
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sxr3no » July 15th, 2006, 1:58 am

I go to a small school, we have less than 85 people. They made everyone in the school watch the movie B4 the summer, I think they wanted us to think about the way we see people and about the decitions we were going to have to make during the summer...

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » July 15th, 2006, 9:47 pm

Thandie Newton looked good as hell! :D

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » July 15th, 2006, 11:40 pm

cbi562 wrote:This was not a new idea, but it was more detailed and updated in how people crash in Los Angeles. This was a great movie on my part - to bad it is limited screens only.
why did have limited screens? and wasnt this movie the oscar winner??

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » July 17th, 2006, 10:40 am

On how people "Crash" in Los Angeles??

What does that mean? Are you talking about car accidents?

Youre telling me that people in LA have their own f#ckin way of getting into car accidents!??

WTF!? LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol: