Whodathunkit? Gangs.....in Des Moines Iowa?????

The Midwest for the pupose of this forum will be defined as the following States; Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin
hotpoet2004

Whodathunkit? Gangs.....in Des Moines Iowa?????

Unread post by hotpoet2004 » April 15th, 2004, 10:47 am

I live in Des Moines Iowa. I am an Iranian/Black young lady who never in a million years would have thought that there were gangs in Iowa. I live in the capital city and every year our murder rates sky-rocket. I have lost more than 20 friends in Des Moines Iowa in the last 10 years. Gangs are a big problem here and will continue to be that way. Everyone from the larger cities come here and make things worse. Until the police and the government understand that, we will be laying our guys to rest every day. I used to be into that shit until someone I loved very much was killed and died in my own arms, My brother. I was shot in the shootout that killed him. I hope that everyone realizes that this shit is everywhere. My brother was killed because he had blue on. I was shot for the same reason. It is to bad that I cannot walk down the street without looking over my shoulder.

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Whodathunkit? Gangs.....in Des Moines Iowa?????

Unread post by Q » April 15th, 2004, 3:38 pm

hotpoet2004 wrote:I live in Des Moines Iowa. I am an Iranian/Black young lady who never in a million years would have thought that there were gangs in Iowa. I live in the capital city and every year our murder rates sky-rocket. I have lost more than 20 friends in Des Moines Iowa in the last 10 years. Gangs are a big problem here and will continue to be that way. Everyone from the larger cities come here and make things worse. Until the police and the government understand that, we will be laying our guys to rest every day. I used to be into that stuff until someone I loved very much was killed and died in my own arms, My brother. I was shot in the shootout that killed him. I hope that everyone realizes that this stuff is everywhere. My brother was killed because he had blue on. I was shot for the same reason. It is to bad that I cannot walk down the street without looking over my shoulder.
what set u was claiming?

OFFdaBLADE

Unread post by OFFdaBLADE » April 15th, 2004, 10:40 pm

I wouldn't call gangs a huge problem in Des Moines.......not every murder is gang related. Been to Des Moines many times, and fast is I wouldn't be afraid to go to any part of Des Moines.

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » April 16th, 2004, 7:07 am

Des Moines is a capital city and its not too far from chicago. why wouldnt there be gangs there? Theres gangs in towns of only a few hundred. Come on now.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 16th, 2004, 12:13 pm

Man there can be gangs in the pacific ocean on a boat waiting for somebody out fishing to be slippin, thats to say they are every where. I dont think there is not a city on this earth where there are no gangs or wanna be gangs. Just some more deep and real and others not, remember there is no such things as a safe place to live. Maybe safer but not safe.

OFFdaBLADE

Unread post by OFFdaBLADE » April 16th, 2004, 10:36 pm

ok so all and all......Des Moines is a "safer" place to live in my opinion I guess is what we could say.

mellajella69
If in the United States: Idaho
What city do you live in now?: rock island

Unread post by mellajella69 » March 1st, 2010, 4:44 pm

Des Moines has it moments...the Quad Cities used to be 'Mayberry' to me...not nowadays...gunplay is like a doorbell...these lil punks are picking up itchy's & poppin off slugs to get a rep, and youngunz are dying @ an alarming rate...way too sad. Since they tore down the 'jects in the city, you'll see a jump in crime all over the midwest...who let the dogz out...mayor daley did!

youngboy
What city do you live in now?: Rock Island

Unread post by youngboy » April 24th, 2010, 12:34 pm

mellajella69, get at me man, I live in your neck of the woods, bro.