Teenage gunman wounds four [& commits suicide] in Clevel

The Midwest for the pupose of this forum will be defined as the following States; Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin
MiChuhSuh

Teenage gunman wounds four [& commits suicide] in Clevel

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 12th, 2007, 12:00 am

Did anyone else catch this? I saw it on CNN and the damn media is giving it the usual stereotype treatment again. They go around interviewing kids who agree to it and ask him about it. But think back to high school or for people still in it - think about if you did something crazy and they picked random people who agreed to be interviewed about you, who probably didn't even really know you. What do you think they would say?
"I know that dude was crazy. We just knew it. You know when people are crazy, come on, man," one student who fled at the sound of gunshots told CNN. "He was in my class ... He always wore a trench coat."
^I saw that kid, and it was like a stereotype attention-whoring witness. And that wasn't even the real quote. He said "I knew dude was crazy. Come on, I mean, like, you know people, you know when they be crazy and stuff." And then the reporters started asking what signs tipped him off he said "come on man, you know when people be all crazy and stuff, come on man" and he started saying "come on man" for like a minute when they asked him for any specific sign he could mention. Then he claimed to see and pistol belt on him, and when they asked him if he saw the pistol he when on another ambiguous ramble.

The same thing happened in Columbine. In fact, what does "trench coat" have to do with it?

And to all these "shooting experts" going on interviews - FVCK OFF. Any psychiatrist or psychologist who agrees to go on national broadcast and diagnose a patient from hundreds to thousands of miles away without ever meeting the kid, looking at the evidence, interviewing those who actually knew and interacted with him, getting specific reports about him, or even in some cases knowing his name SHOULD HAVE THEIR LICENSES, DOCTORATES, OR ANY OTHER DEGREES OR QUALIFICATIONS THEY HOLD IMMEDIATELY REVOKED.

If some doctor in Florida heard that a kid in LA got a cold for more than two months and decided to go on TV and say "He must have AIDs" he would get his ass sued and his license revoked so fast he would be on the side of the road with a cardboard sign in a week. It is not only medically irresponsible, it should be non-protected free speech to libel such a broad category of people that at this point in society could represent at LEAST 50 kids in every high school.

I'm sick of this "school shooting epidemic" cliché where they lump diverse people and motives into a stereotype and then stigmatizing all losers and rejects into being new suspects of one of the most horrendous acts a human being could commit - even when the perpetrator did not fit these stereotypes. In jr. high on the anniversary of Columbine some kid I got in a fight with decided to fake a threat note and give it to the principal saying that I was threatening to "pull a Columbine" on the school. How do you even respond that? If I get mad they would only think it's true that I have pent up rage, and if I don't get mad they think it must be true and I'm accepting that I got caught. And of course I fit the stereotype of a guy with no friends and bad family relationships and my teacher tried to get me expelled. And after that Virginia Tech guy, people started giving me weird looks again in some of my classes where I don't talk much. I remember seeing Geraldo Rivera trying to go on the "moral high ground" rant but instead of saying that he killed innocent people and that being rejected is not an excuse to kill a human being, he instead decided to insult Seung-Hui Cho for being a loser and saying "this loser should have committed suicide instead" - and people were giving him props for saying that?!

But anyways, here's the story, but read carefully between the lines - any given student in high school doesn't know more than half the people in their graduating class...
Teenage gunman wounds four in Ohio high school

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:13am AEST
SWAT team arrives at school shooting in Cleveland, Ohio

A SWAT team arrives at SuccessTech Academy in Cleveland, Ohio, after a 14-year-old student went on a shooting rampage. (Reuters: Aaron Josefczyk)

A 14-year-old gunman has opened fire at an Ohio high school, wounding at least four people before killing himself in the latest school shooting to rock the United States.

Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said two students and two adults were wounded in the shooting at Success Tech Academy.

"The shooter is a 14-year-old student from the school. He has committed suicide," Jackson said at a press conference.

A 17-year-old student who was shot in the elbow was expected to be released from hospital in the evening while a 14-year-old who was shot in the side will likely be held overnight for observation, he said. The two adults aged 42 and 57 are in stable condition.

Local media reported the student, who was described as a loner, was frustrated after being suspended from school for getting into a fight on Tuesday.

He came to school early on Wednesday and roamed through the hallways with a gun in each hand. Shots were heard on two different floors.

Screams and panic filled the building, witnesses said. Some students and teachers rushed outside at the sound of gunfire while others hid in closets and under desks while police searched the multilevel building for the shooter.

"I know that dude was crazy. We just knew it. You know when people are crazy, come on, man," one student who fled at the sound of gunshots told CNN.

"He was in my class ... He always wore a trench coat."

The boy was described by other students as a loner and devil worshipper :? who had made jokes about shooting other students in front of teachers.

"I didn't think he meant it," another unidentified student told news station WKYC. "I thought he just said it because he wanted to be popular." :?

Frantic parents rushed to the school to get news of their children and many were told to wait until police had finished interviewing them. Several complained the school had recently denied requests to hire a security guard.

Cleveland school district head Eugene Sanders said counsellors were on hand to help students and administrators were working to reunite students with their parents. A decision had not yet been made on when classes would resume.

-AFP

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 12th, 2007, 12:39 am

Look at what shox found out; wtf is wrong with the parents in this story?:
Police: Pa. teen had weapons cache

Montgomery County (Pa.) sheriff's deputies carry confiscated weapons to a news conference Thursday in Norristown, Pa. A 14-year-old was taken into custody after he talked about mounting a Columbine-type attack at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School, police said.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A home-schooled teenager who felt bullied amassed a cache of guns, knives and hand grenades and tried to recruit another boy for a possible school attack, authorities said Thursday.

The 14-year-old was taken into custody after police searched his bedroom in a Philadelphia suburb on Wednesday evening. He had talked about mounting a Columbine-type attack at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School, authorities said.

The weapons included a 9mm assault rifle that the teenager's mother had recently bought for him, Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said. Prosecutors are reviewing her actions.

Police also found about 30 air-powered guns, plus swords, knives, hand grenades, a bomb-making book, videos of the 1999 Columbine attack in Colorado and violence-filled notebooks, Castor said. The weapons were plainly visible in the boy's bedroom, Castor said.

The search did not turn up any ammunition for the most dangerous firearm in the bunch, the assault rifle. Authorities said one grenade was operable and three others were still being assembled.

"I do not think an attack was imminent and I am not certain that an attack was going to occur at all," Castor said at a news conference. "It could have simply been big talking by a kid who thought that he was bullied previously and he was going to exact his revenge."

The teen previously attended middle school in the district but had been taught at home for more than a year after voluntarily leaving school, Castor said.

Plymouth Township police searched the home after getting a tip Wednesday from a high school student and his father.

The teen was charged as a juvenile with solicitation to commit terror and other counts and was being held at a youth facility. It was not immediately clear whether he had a lawyer.

Castor declined to name the suspect's parents and said he did not think they had retained lawyers.

"They are now under investigation by us, concerning whether there's any complicity in putting the weapon in this boy's hands," Castor said.

The arrest came the same day a 14-year-old in Ohio opened fire at his Cleveland high school, wounding four before killing himself.

Classes were held as usual Thursday at the Pennsylvania high school.
Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

justin2
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SF

Re: Teenage gunman wounds four [& commits suicide] in Clevel

Unread post by justin2 » September 4th, 2013, 5:18 am

We've heard so many shooting incidents, especially in schools. Government should reinforce gun control and measures needed to be taken. Maybe install metal detecting door at the entrance and have security guards.

justin2
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SF

Re: Teenage gunman wounds four [& commits suicide] in Clevel

Unread post by justin2 » September 9th, 2013, 6:25 pm

justin2 wrote:We've heard so many shooting incidents, especially in schools. Government should reinforce gun control and measures needed to be taken. Maybe install metal detecting door at the entrance and have security guards.

Any other measures?