Old Milwaukee Gangsters

The Midwest for the pupose of this forum will be defined as the following States; Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin
jalmitch
If in the United States: Maryland
What city do you live in now?: balt

Old Milwaukee Gangsters

Unread post by jalmitch » November 6th, 2015, 6:49 pm

I'm just trying to do a little family research. I reason to believe some of my family members were active on the outskirts of some milwaukee organized crime but have not seen any of their last names on the "known gangsters" lists. Does anyone know of any historian or archivists that may have more lore or stories that could help me trace my family's history? My main concern is finding out whether or not my grandmother was born in prison. The active times I'm interested in is 1920s-1960s. Thank you

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Old Milwaukee Gangsters

Unread post by alexalonso » December 12th, 2015, 10:07 pm

what are some of the names?

Miltown
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Ames Ia

Re: Old Milwaukee Gangsters

Unread post by Miltown » October 4th, 2017, 5:00 pm

I dont know how far back you wanna go but for organized crime the Ballesteri Family has pretty much always been the ONLY game in town. That and some whiteboy biker gangs. Theres been a couple of black biker gangs too but they up under the whiteboys.

But if you looking for real upper level organized crime, Ballestreris are the ones.