Where is MS the most visible outside of California

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Where is MS the most visible outside of California

Unread post by alexalonso » September 23rd, 2007, 5:18 pm

The Mara Salvatrucha gang is being copied by so many young hispanics all over the country. where is it most visible out side of California?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 23rd, 2007, 5:29 pm

You mean in the states only? If not, then probably in El Salvador.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » September 24th, 2007, 12:20 am

ofcourse in El Salvador, but in Virgina and Maryland there were a few murders committed by MS members. Have they been active in other cities, of is this media exaggeration?

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » September 24th, 2007, 12:30 am

they tried to take over the park next to GENOS awhile back but that was quickly stopped.

GENOS-one of the cheesesteak joints philly is famous for.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » September 24th, 2007, 2:00 am

Outside of cali, North D.C if im not mistaken, theres a foothold of them there.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Where is MS the most visible outside of California

Unread post by WIP » September 24th, 2007, 10:08 am

alexalonso wrote:The Mara Salvatrucha gang is being copied by so many young hispanics all over the country. where is it most visible out side of California?
yeah its a trip i hear about how large mara is but ive rarely ran into any of them. even in LA. ive met some prankstas claiming mara but they was fake as hell.

kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » October 9th, 2007, 8:38 pm

MiChuhSuh

Re: Where is MS the most visible outside of California

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 9th, 2007, 9:16 pm

WIP wrote:
alexalonso wrote:The Mara Salvatrucha gang is being copied by so many young hispanics all over the country. where is it most visible out side of California?
yeah its a trip i hear about how large mara is but ive rarely ran into any of them. even in LA. ive met some prankstas claiming mara but they was fake as hell.
I mostly see their hitups in the northern parts of the city, above pico.

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » October 9th, 2007, 11:05 pm

What about VA?

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » October 12th, 2007, 7:44 pm

maryland,dc,northern virginia area is a breeding ground outside of l.a for ms-13

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » October 14th, 2007, 6:14 pm

Drunk MS guy was stumbling around this bar in DC, trying to teach me to throw up MS LOL. Areas like Mt. Pleasant, Columbia Heights of DC... where there's a lot of Central American immigrants. People in Maryland like Silver Spring, etc., are talking about MS 13 all the time. I think better off black folks are kind of worried haha.

In NYC I went with some older dudes out through Junction blvd in Corona too apparently MS-13 was getting big out there and Long Island.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » October 14th, 2007, 7:08 pm

Are other latinos allowed to join in the states or are they keeping it pure Salvadorian?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » October 14th, 2007, 10:56 pm

From what I've heard, there's people who ain't Salvadorean in MS.

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Mara Salvatrucha in Texas

Unread post by VALERO » January 9th, 2008, 12:40 am

Alex, here in Texas I've heard of MS13 being in Houston. I don't live in Houston (I live in San Antonio) but I read the online Houston Chronicle sometimes (chron.com) and other online Houston websites like khou.com and click2houston.com (I think these are both websites for Houston tv stations) and I know I've seen stories on at least one of these websites, maybe all three, about there being Mara Salvatrucha gang members in Houston.

This would make sense since even though most of Houston's population, like Los Angeles, is predominately either Mexican-American or Mexican immigrant, there is a population of Central Americans, mainly either Salvadoran or Guatemalan, though not as large as the Central American community in Los Angeles. I would like to guess most of the MS gang members in Houston are located in southwest Houston, since this is an area of Houston known for gang not only amongst Hispanic immigrants and Mexican-Americans but also black gang violence also and is also an area of Houston that has seen a huge influx of Hispanic immigrants.

1. This first link is to a Houston Chronicle story that describes a murder of a MS13 gangster by a white female member of a rival gang called Crazy Crew, a gang located in Houston's Montrose area. The article also mentions another rival gang of Mara Salvatrucha in Houston, the La Tercera Crips, a Hispanic Crip gang also located in southwest Houston. This article/link is the first in a series of newspaper articles talking about the murder, so the article itself has links to the later parts of the series.
The article also has video and pictures talking about the murder.

Houston Chronicle-MS 13 murder

The following links also talk about Mara Salvatrucha in Texas

Cop stabbing by MS 13 gangster

MS13-Crazy Crew Houston murder

ElSalvador289

Unread post by ElSalvador289 » January 9th, 2008, 12:52 am

ms13 are in san anto valero, where u stay at?

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » January 9th, 2008, 1:01 am

ElSalvador289, I stay on the eastside, the "black" part of San Antonio (like a lot of formerly black areas in Los Angeles like South Central, Watts, and Compton, it has a lot of Mexican-Americans/Mexican immigrants now, probably more of them than blacks; I'm black by the way). I have to tell the truth, I've honestly never heard of Mara Salvatrucha in San Antonio. The most I hear about them is in Houston. Where do you stay at, ElSalvador 289? What part of San Antonio are Mara Salvatrucha located in (west side, south side, northeast side, etc.) and what neighborhoods?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 9th, 2008, 1:36 am

yea them MS in VA enemies with TRG.

ElSalvador289

Unread post by ElSalvador289 » January 9th, 2008, 3:09 am

in south san antonio there are bloods, surenos, folks, ms13, latin kings, eba, ufa and more..IC indian creek

ElSalvador289

Unread post by ElSalvador289 » January 9th, 2008, 3:11 am

the crip and blood gangs are mainly mexicans

ElSalvador289

Unread post by ElSalvador289 » January 9th, 2008, 3:30 am

and ms also at the woodlawn and bandera intersection

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » January 9th, 2008, 3:43 am

Okay, so you live in southwest San Antonio. Indian Creek is near Sky Harbor, right? I didn't know about all those other gangs on the southside. I have heard about some bloods on the southside but not any Mara Salvatrucha. Are they Mexicans banging Mara Salvatrucha or are there Salvadorans on the southside? I wasn't even aware San Antonio had a Salvadoran popualation!

I guess on the southside most of the Crips and Bloods are Mexican, but where I live at, East San Antonio, most of the Crips and Bloods are black. I don't know too many gangmembers but the ones I hear about on my side of town are predominately black Crip and Blood gangs. I've heard of Mexican Crips and Bloods on the eastside, being that it's a lot of Mexicans on the eastside now. Through the years different gangs I have heard about on the eastside:

1. East Terrace Gangsters (ETG)-Crip. Based out of the East Terrace housing projects, probably the most notorious projects ever on the east side of S.A. I'm not sure if they are still active anymore since the city closed the East Terrace several years ago.

2. Stixx-Blood. This is a Blood gang mainly centered around the "Stixx" area of East San Antonio. It's predominately a single-family house neighborhood with a small apartment complex. Streets in this hood include Dorie, Lincolnshire, Morningview, Sterling, Yucca, etc. I think they may claim turf besides the "Stixx" but I'm not sure. An area in this neighborhood used to be called "the Hill" back in the day. It was a notorious drug spot.

3. Wheatley Courts Gangsters-Blood. Based out of the Wheatley Courts, another project on the eastside. I'm not sure how active they are. I remember it was about two shootings in this project about 3-8 months ago. One was a murder over a drug deal (I think, not totally sure though), another was when several teenagers got hit up. I'm not sure if either was gang-related or not.

I've always assumed these gangs were predominately black, though they probably had some Mexicans in them since it's a lot of Mexicans on the eastside living alongside blacks. The southside is overwhelmingly Mexican, so it does it a little different than the eastside.

ElSalvador289

Unread post by ElSalvador289 » January 9th, 2008, 8:57 pm

its mainly salvadorans but there are mexicans tryin hard to fit in the
mexicans are mainly blood/crip wannabes down here or independant gangs
when they did that ICE operation throughout the country 14 of the MS13 arrests were in san anto

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

MS in San Antonio and other San Antonio gangs and projects

Unread post by VALERO » January 9th, 2008, 11:26 pm

Good to hear from you ElSalvador289. I'm amazed to hear that there are actually a few Salvadorans in San Antonio, and even more amazed to hear Mara Salvatrucha is in San Antonio. Like I said, I've never heard about them but I guess that's because I'm on the eastside with a lot of black people. I do remember that ICE operation a little bit. If you go through and read two of my previous posts about Mara Salvatrucha I know at least one of the links to website articles/videos talks about ICE arresting people in Houston and/or Dallas. I didn't know ICE caught people in San Antonio also. Very interesting to say the least.

You're right about Mexicans. Most are in independent, San Antonio original gangs. The only exception to this I can think of is that I remember some Mexicans coming up and claiming Latin Kings, knowing they had no connection to Latin Kings in either Chicago or New York. A lot of the Mexican gangs are on the westside. The westside, like the eastside, has projects. All of the projects in San Antonio are either on the westside or eastside. Westside projects include Cassiano, San Juan Homes, and Lincoln Courts. I know they tore the Mirasol down, but I'm not sure if they tore the Alazan Apache down.

There are a few or some Mexicans banging Crip or Blood. Like I said, on my side (eastside) most of the Crips and Bloods are black. Another Crip gang I have heard about is Crockett Block Crip. I think they are based off of Crockett Street on the eastside of San Antonio, a single-family house street. I'm not sure if they claim territory besides the street. I think either last year or the year before the police busted this gang for drug activity. I've always assumed this gang was predominately black also. Speaking of projects, another project on the eastside is the Sutton Homes.

ElSalvador289

Unread post by ElSalvador289 » January 10th, 2008, 6:26 am

there isnt really a salvadoran community here just a few of us here and there i chill with MS13 people every weekend so they are here, only a small ammount though and they say there not here permantly
ye most mexican gangs are mainly san antonio independent but there is still a good ammount of blood/crip wannabe gangs on the southside i have heard of latin kings here but i have never come across any
the MS13 are the real deal and they got connects, but they have some mexican "groupies" that claim MS too that roll with them

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » January 10th, 2008, 9:03 am

ElSalvador289, thanks for the info. Do you know any Mara Salvatrucha guys in Houston? I here it's a lot of MS in Houston. Do any of the MS guys you know here in San Antonio have any connection to Mara Salvatrucha in southwest Houston or other parts of Houston?

Speaking of Mexican Crips and Bloods, do you ever hear about Mexican Crips in either Indian Creek or Sky Harbor? I remember about ten years ago going to summer school with this Mexican chick and she was telling me about Mexican Crips that went to her school on the southwest side. I don't know if she lived in Indian Creek or Sky Harbor but whenever I think of the southwest side those two hoods pop up in my mind.

ElSalvador289

Unread post by ElSalvador289 » January 11th, 2008, 2:06 am

i dont no personally any of the ones in houston but some of the ones in san anto are ones who used to be based in houston so ye they are connected to houston and ye indian creek is where the mexican crip gang claim there hood they get along with the MS here and are there main beef is with the mexican blood gang, same with the MS here, the crips are mainly school age ~18-20 i think the same with the bloods but they in another hood and i dont know them

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » January 11th, 2008, 2:18 am

Virgina is like the 2nd birth place of MS. They are the biggest in Virgina. They have entire cities as there hoods.

OG Cabrini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by OG Cabrini » January 21st, 2008, 8:39 pm

Read sumwhere they have a significant presence in DC, northern Virginia, New York, Oregon City and Omaha.

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by advocate » January 22nd, 2008, 12:24 am

I also heard they have a presence in Massachusetts...I have some friends that stay out there and they have mentioned MS being out there...I believe one of them even told me that police have raided a certain area of Boston where MS was at.

StoneGreaser
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: near Chicago

Unread post by StoneGreaser » January 22nd, 2008, 12:56 pm

MS is major bigtime in Baaahston.

TrainWreck

Unread post by TrainWreck » February 1st, 2008, 6:05 am

starting to show up in Jersey. 3 kids that were killed behind a school in Newark last year was because of MS13 members. even broke out the machete on those kids. they got a few cliques on the jersey shore too.