NEIGHBOUR KILLS 2 BURGLAR ( IS THAT LEGAL )

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

NEIGHBOUR KILLS 2 BURGLAR ( IS THAT LEGAL )

Unread post by Mcminister » November 14th, 2007, 3:52 pm

PASADENA, Texas -- A Pasadena neighbor shot and killed two burglary suspects trying to break into a home, KPRC Local 2 reported Wednesday.

Officials said it happened shortly after 2 p.m. in the 7400 block of Timberline in the Village Grove East subdivision.

Investigators said the suspected burglars had just crawled out of a window when a neighbor armed with a shotgun confronted them.

The neighbor heard broken glass.

"He assumed that there was possibly a burglary in progress and he found that the source of that disturbance was right next door to his residence. He did contact the police," said Capt. Bud Corbett with the Pasadena Police Department.

Police said the armed neighbor then went next door and tried to get the burglars to stop.

When they tried to run, investigators said the neighbor fired two shots.

Both burglary suspects were killed.

"At least one of the two suspects was carrying some property which was dropped in the front yard of the residence that was being burglarized," Corbett said.

Police said the burglary suspects were wearing matching gray work clothes, possibly a uniform.

They have not yet determined if the men were armed.

The case may be referred to a grand jury for possible charges.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 14th, 2007, 3:53 pm

IS THAT A CRIME?????

CAN YOU ACTUALY DO THAT

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » November 14th, 2007, 4:17 pm

Not sure what the law is in Texas, but in California, if a robber is in your house, you can blast on him legally (unless the law changed recently). It might be different if he's outside in the yard. You could be prosecuted.

Texas being an NRA state, he just might get off.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 14th, 2007, 10:47 pm

but the thing is its not even his house. thats crazy

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » November 15th, 2007, 6:31 am

If he is white and the people he killed were black or latino he is gonna get off cuzz those bush loving cowboys aka red necks love killing niggers and wetbacks and if u don't believe me just look at the texas death row but yes I think if ur in ur own home and u catch someone in there stealling u can blow them away and not go to jail

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: NEIGHBOUR KILLS 2 BURGLAR ( IS THAT LEGAL )

Unread post by mission » November 15th, 2007, 2:51 pm

Mcminister wrote:PASADENA, Texas -- A Pasadena neighbor shot and killed two burglary suspects trying to break into a home, KPRC Local 2 reported Wednesday.

Officials said it happened shortly after 2 p.m. in the 7400 block of Timberline in the Village Grove East subdivision.

Investigators said the suspected burglars had just crawled out of a window when a neighbor armed with a shotgun confronted them.

The neighbor heard broken glass.

"He assumed that there was possibly a burglary in progress and he found that the source of that disturbance was right next door to his residence. He did contact the police," said Capt. Bud Corbett with the Pasadena Police Department.

Police said the armed neighbor then went next door and tried to get the burglars to stop.

When they tried to run, investigators said the neighbor fired two shots.

Both burglary suspects were killed.

"At least one of the two suspects was carrying some property which was dropped in the front yard of the residence that was being burglarized," Corbett said.

Police said the burglary suspects were wearing matching gray work clothes, possibly a uniform.

They have not yet determined if the men were armed.

The case may be referred to a grand jury for possible charges.

dont know if this aplplies, but they just passed a law callad "The CASTLE DOCTRINE" or somehthing like that. If some one breaks into your car you can go outside and chase them and blast them and it's LEGAL. DAM I LOVE TEXAS! :twisted:'

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 15th, 2007, 7:15 pm

damn...dats wrong tho

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 15th, 2007, 10:24 pm

Mcminister wrote:damn...dats wrong tho
It's very harsh and controversial, but breaking and entering is also wrong. I'm not going to say I'm for or against it, but it's understandable that at the moment someone breaks into your house, that you don't know if they're armed or how they're going to react to you being there.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 16th, 2007, 3:45 am

naah the thing is this dude didnt brake into the killers house they broke in his neighbours...the neighbour wasnt in any danger..the thiefs tried to flea and got killed ...even if the police did that it would be hella wrong..i think this shud be 2nd degree murder fo sho....people arent deers u don shoot them if they don got nothin to do with u

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mission » November 16th, 2007, 11:20 am

Mcminister wrote:naah the thing is this dude didnt brake into the killers house they broke in his neighbours...the neighbour wasnt in any danger..the thiefs tried to flea and got killed ...even if the police did that it would be hella wrong..i think this shud be 2nd degree murder fo sho....people arent deers u don shoot them if they don got nothin to do with u

Wrong! Homeboy, Somebody thats been breakin into peoples shyt, already nows the DEAL, most are packin themselves, trust I know 8) Most will take it to the other level(Blast you or Anybody in thier way) so they don't get caught.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 16th, 2007, 2:32 pm

i kno..but these 2 right here were runnin away ..and werent confrontin anybody

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mission » November 20th, 2007, 10:50 am

Mcminister wrote:i kno..but these 2 right here were runnin away ..and werent confrontin anybody

I finally heard the Whole 911 call, This Old Man tells the 911 operator he's going to go outside and KILL these fools(What an idiot)
The operator tells him not to go outside and he says "I can't let them get away" and then you hear him cock his shotgun, he drops the phone and you can hear him start blastin'. He shouldn't have called 911.Lol, thier mos def going to make an example out of him.

YUTS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YUTS » November 20th, 2007, 1:05 pm

If more people would do what this guy did i bet more people would think alot harder before they broke into someones house, i dont know if it was legal but he should get off because he was defending his neighborhood. those fools took their chances robbing someones house in texas

YUTS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YUTS » November 20th, 2007, 1:07 pm

Mcminister wrote:i kno..but these 2 right here were runnin away ..and werent confrontin anybody
Even if they were running , they already messed up by breaking into someones house they deserve whatever happens

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 21st, 2007, 12:08 am

civil right leaders tryna make this a race issue

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mission » November 21st, 2007, 11:08 am

Mcminister wrote:civil right leaders tryna make this a race issue

Red, White, Green , Brown... It woudn't have mattered to this fool, he would have shot them regardless.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 21st, 2007, 11:14 pm

yea

sadly a lady in their neighborhood went on camera and said "this is what we've come to , we have to protect ourselves" and she was smilin n shit ..this foo didnt have to shoot them brotha's fo real

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 22nd, 2007, 12:07 am

I'm sorry man but material things dont equal a human's life. I rather a muthafucka be on temporary slavery and work off the debt like they used to do in Africa, than kill someone cuz you feel I gotta teach em a lesson.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 22nd, 2007, 4:21 am

nothin is worth takin someone's life...unless its retaliation

this dude clearly has inner hate...all'em rich folks got insurance anyways

man i hate this world sometimes

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 22nd, 2007, 4:28 am

exactly...the shit goes life for a life, not some BS, or ego for a life.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » November 22nd, 2007, 4:49 am

Man that guy just wanted someone to blast on. He had a shot gun and his neighbor was getting robbed.
I would have done the same shit and so would have most of you guys to.

But to get technical it depends where he shot them at. If its the head, shit its bad on his part.
But if its a body shot then it can be a little different. They will probally ask him where he was
aiming for. if hes smart he'll say there feet.

Being that its in texas this guy will walk. No doubt there.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » November 22nd, 2007, 4:50 am

btw his neighbors are calling him a hero. Found that out on the news.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » November 22nd, 2007, 6:24 am

perongregory wrote:I'm sorry man but material things dont equal a human's life. I rather a muthafucka be on temporary slavery and work off the debt like they used to do in Africa, than kill someone because you feel I gotta teach em a lesson.
LOL for a minute I thought you said you wanted criminals to pay for the crime they commited by being slaves then you'll kill em.

Chase-C
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chase-C » November 23rd, 2007, 9:30 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:If he is white and the people he killed were black or latino he is gonna get off cuzz those bush loving cowboys aka red necks love killing niggers and wetbacks and if u don't believe me just look at the texas death row but yes I think if ur in ur own home and u catch someone in there stealling u can blow them away and not go to jail
They were black or latino

I do not know because they look black but have hispanic last name like ortiz.

Maybe they are african hispanics.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 23rd, 2007, 10:07 pm

nah man they black....proly carribean if anything latino...coz u kno dey got'em black folks in puerto rico and cuba and all over there

stop making texas seem like some crazy place where cowboys still ride horses and shoot people and its legal..

niggaz get life for shit that was almost self defence...some dude killed some grl in his huose ,..stll caught a murder case and wont be out fo the next 15

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 24th, 2007, 10:27 pm

perongregory wrote:I'm sorry man but material things dont equal a human's life. I rather a muthafucka be on temporary slavery and work off the debt like they used to do in Africa, than kill someone because you feel I gotta teach em a lesson.
this would be better but to be fair, there could have been a high chance those two would have gotten away. Not justifying the killing since they were running away, but your option doesn't do much better in terms of results.

Not in this situation, but you also have to consider you walking in your house and seeing someone taking your stuff - if anything they will likely be the ones getting at you over "material things."

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 24th, 2007, 10:54 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
this would be better but to be fair, there could have been a high chance those two would have gotten away. Not justifying the killing since they were running away, but your option doesn't do much better in terms of results.

Not in this situation, but you also have to consider you walking in your house and seeing someone taking your stuff - if anything they will likely be the ones getting at you over "material things."
yeh, but dude who shot them...his house wasn't being burglarized. Now if you are being robbed, well you might have to do that, I can understand that.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 25th, 2007, 4:06 pm

word^^

he wasnt gettin robbed
the burglars werent threatenin him
the burglars were on retreat mode

even if the police did that it wud be wrong

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » November 25th, 2007, 4:14 pm

NikexCortez wrote:
LOL for a minute I thought you said you wanted criminals to pay for the crime they commited by being slaves then you'll kill em.
Even better.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 28th, 2007, 9:22 am

Mcminister wrote:word^^

he wasnt gettin robbed
the burglars werent threatenin him
the burglars were on retreat mode

even if the police did that it wud be wrong
The Castle Doctrine is an amazing thing really. I do believe he stated later that he thought he saw them on his property as well. In some places that's enough to kill a person with no recourse. I haven't read any updates but last I heard he wasn't being charged with anything. There's a fine line to walk now a days. People stand idly by as another person is beat on, then on the flip side you have a neighbor saving someone elses shit from being stolen. I'd love to know that if I wasn't at home, or worse yet I was at home sleeping knowing my neighbor would risk his own life to save mine. He made his intentions pretty clear that he was going to stop these 2 individuals by any means necessary. At that time he had no idea that they weren't packing heat as well. I believe the 911 operator even told him he risked getting shot but that didn't stop him. That in itself is pretty noble and more then most people would risk for someone else.

Now we don't have footage of what went down but if he came on 2 robbers and thought he saw one carrying a gun, that would be enough even for a police officer to use deadly force, even if the robber had then turned and ran away. The threat is still there for the robber to turn and fire, or for the robber to hurt someone else. Not saying that's the case, but just saying that a police officer wouldn't have necessarily not shot at the criminal, especially if he thought they had a gun.

I do have a hard time feeling sorry for 2 criminals being killed. I also believe the area had been broken in to before too, so these 2 were quite possibly repeat criminals praying on the same weak area. Now again this is a fine line because as far as this old man knew these 2 were friends playing a prank, or family members who forgot their keys or whatever. He could have very easily made a mistake and killed innocent people. It goes back to the standing by as someone gets hurt or taking action and making a mistake.

I have to ask those that are upset at this old man killing 2 robbers. How would you have felt if the old man had gone out there without a gun and confronted 2 robbers? We wouldn't be talking about 2 dead robbers, chances are no one would here would be caring about a beaten, dead old man.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 28th, 2007, 9:22 pm

this shit is in CNN news now im like damn

if it was family members playin a prank this dude wuda buried his head in the ground after hearing that. but yea dats kinda scary coz sometimes me and my niggaz back in the day use to play pranks like this on our frends

w.e with eveyrthing but to me wats wrong is ..he said he is gona kill'em befo he even went outside

2nd he shot people who were not a threat at all ..and one of them was shot more than once from wht i heard

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 28th, 2007, 9:22 pm

we dont shoot people for robbing those we dont know and are harmless its not africa where if u rob there is a legal bounty on ur head