Dixie Mafia

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
tom25

Dixie Mafia

Unread post by tom25 » October 6th, 2005, 12:21 pm

Not sure if any of you are familiar with the more rural areas of the South, but since I moved to Mississippi from SF, CA...Ive noticed a different type of organized crime. Many think the old southern mob is done away with and gone, but I know different. Here in Fulton, MS, there is a group known as the Fulton Mafia. These guys are involved in trafficing everything from blow to 190 proof white lightning. These guys are also territorial, as I have noticed they seem to have smaller local gangs (klubs and traggies) on payroll, putting up grafitti and such around the downtown area. Just thought Id add a little insight to the world outside Urban Life, and the fact that crime is not only a big city scheme, but a worldwide interest of even the most rural of civilized people.

tom25

Unread post by tom25 » November 3rd, 2005, 5:21 pm

Anyone know anything about the dixie mob?

Red Kelly
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Red Kelly » November 3rd, 2005, 9:08 pm

There are several websites online with Dixie Mafia info. Much of their content involves ties to Bill Clinton and allegations of drug running. Don Tyson ( Tyson Chicken ) is mentioned in one article as having ties to drug running and other illegal activities and supposedly he was investigated by some agency back in the 1970s but nothing ever stuck. The movie Walking Tall is based on the true story of Sheriff Buford Pusser and his run ins with the Dixie Mafia on the Tennessee / Mississippi state line. My personal opinion is that there are several groups of good ol boys involved in organized crime. They probably don't have the formal organization and tradition of Italian OC but I'm sure they can be every bit as deadly. Do not be fooled by traditional stereotypes of southern rednecks. I've seen and heard too many stories that make me believe that the Dixie Mafia has and always will be a force to be reckoned with. Maybe not on a national or international level but within the confines of their world. The group you are talking about sounds more like a street gang but they may have family or friends that are involved with the Dixie Mafia.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE

Unread post by doobeez » November 6th, 2007, 9:17 pm

Red Kelly wrote:There are several websites online with Dixie Mafia info. Much of their content involves ties to Bill Clinton and allegations of drug running. Don Tyson ( Tyson Chicken ) is mentioned in one article as having ties to drug running and other illegal activities and supposedly he was investigated by some agency back in the 1970s but nothing ever stuck. The movie Walking Tall is based on the true story of Sheriff Buford Pusser and his run ins with the Dixie Mafia on the Tennessee / Mississippi state line. My personal opinion is that there are several groups of good ol boys involved in organized crime. They probably don't have the formal organization and tradition of Italian OC but I'm sure they can be every bit as deadly. Do not be fooled by traditional stereotypes of southern rednecks. I've seen and heard too many stories that make me believe that the Dixie Mafia has and always will be a force to be reckoned with. Maybe not on a national or international level but within the confines of their world. The group you are talking about sounds more like a street gang but they may have family or friends that are involved with the Dixie Mafia.

good info..

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - South - U.S.A.”