NYC gangs 1990-2007 Questions/Discussion

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
RidleyTJN

NYC gangs 1990-2007 Questions/Discussion

Unread post by RidleyTJN » December 12th, 2007, 6:46 pm

Evening Gentlemen and Ladies,

I'm a noob on this forum so forgive my ignorance but I've had some questions bugging me for years now I was hoping to have answered/understood. I'm not gonna pretend I know anything about anything so I'll just go with what I know. It used to be back in the 1990's at least in my experience, in the Sunnyside/Woodside section of Queens off the Blvd that there was predominantly Netas, Latin Kings, La Familia, and I think another (Zulu Nation I think?) About 10 years back was when I started hearing about Bloods in the news in and around 42nd by the Port Authority and then shortly after that I was hearing about Crips particularly near the Long Island area. Now again I'm not going to try and say I know anything about anything, so again forgive me for not knowing the story. But my questions are basically:

1. From what I've read in this forum so far (please correct me if i'm wrong) it sounds like a lot of the crips and bloods that formed here had little or no affiliation with the LA sets, does anyone know the relationship between the two states sets? Do NY sets try to communicate with the LA sets and vice versa? Do they get along? Or are they basically separate entities and want nothing to do with each other?

2. When these sets started forming, how was their relationship with the already established NY Gangs? I know the Bloods and LKs never really liked each other, but I haven't heard anything 1 way or the other on the Netas and the others.

3. What area in the tri-state would you say has it the worst as far as gang proximity to each other? Some argue Bronx, some argue Newark, some argue Newburgh, just curious for all your input.

Thanks for reading.

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » January 2nd, 2008, 9:27 pm

MY SET HAS OFFICIAL CALI TIES DONT REALLY WANT TO KEEP SAYING BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS, I KNOW OF OR HANG with MOST OF THE REAL "RECONGINZED" SETS, ALOT OF CATS DO FALSE CLAIMS BUT THATS EVERYWHERE.
BROOKLYN-ACTIVE REALLY CROWDED, 70%BLOOD 30% CRIP, WE OUTNUMBERED LIKE CRAZY BUT STILL HERE.
QUEENS 50/50 BOTH SIDES ARE EVEN AND HAVE THEIR STRONG HOLDS, ACTIVE BUT BIG IN SIZE AND SPREAD OUT UNLIKE BROOKLYN
MANHATTAN, MOSTLY ALL BLOOD, A FEW CRIP HOODS, IN HARLEM BLOODS ARE DEEP BUT NOT ACTIVE AS THEY SHOULD BE DUE TO THIER NUMBERS.
LONG ISLAND- SAME AS QUEENS
STATEN ISLAND- HALF AND HALF SOUTH SIDE IS ACTIVE
BRONX-55% BLOOD 45% CRIP, ACTIVE BIG IN SIZE AND BLOODS ARE ACTIVE UP THERE BUT THE LOC PRESENCE IS GROWING.

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » January 7th, 2008, 7:31 am

YUP BORN RAISED, GOT SHOT, DID THINGS, ENY CYPRESS HILL PJ'S SUTTER AVE.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: NYC gangs 1990-2007 Questions/Discussion

Unread post by alexalonso » January 9th, 2008, 5:19 pm

RidleyTJN wrote:Evening Gentlemen and Ladies,

1. From what I've read in this forum so far (please correct me if i'm wrong) it sounds like a lot of the crips and bloods that formed here had little or no affiliation with the LA sets, does anyone know the relationship between the two states sets? Do NY sets try to communicate with the LA sets and vice versa? Do they get along? Or are they basically separate entities and want nothing to do with each other?

there is very little to no relation between sets in NY and set in LA. Lately though, after sets have been established in NY, some LA guys have reached out to these wanna be neighborhoods in NY to find out what is going on.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » January 9th, 2008, 9:08 pm

[quote="BG MLOCO"]MY SET HAS OFFICIAL CALI TIES DONT REALLY WANT TO KEEP SAYING BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS, I KNOW OF OR HANG with MOST OF THE REAL "RECONGINZED" SETS, ALOT OF CATS DO FALSE CLAIMS BUT THATS EVERYWHERE.
BROOKLYN-ACTIVE REALLY CROWDED, 70%BLOOD 30% CRIP, WE OUTNUMBERED LIKE CRAZY BUT STILL HERE.
QUEENS 50/50 BOTH SIDES ARE EVEN AND HAVE THEIR STRONG HOLDS, ACTIVE BUT BIG IN SIZE AND SPREAD OUT UNLIKE BROOKLYN
MANHATTAN, MOSTLY ALL BLOOD, A FEW CRIP HOODS, IN HARLEM BLOODS ARE DEEP BUT NOT ACTIVE AS THEY SHOULD BE DUE TO THIER NUMBERS.
LONG ISLAND- SAME AS QUEENS
STATEN ISLAND- HALF AND HALF SOUTH SIDE IS ACTIVE
BRONX-55% BLOOD 45% CRIP, ACTIVE BIG IN SIZE AND BLOODS ARE ACTIVE UP THERE BUT THE LOC PRESENCE IS GROWING.[/quote]

fam bx aint 45% crip ..its more like 70%blood - 30%crip

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » July 30th, 2008, 7:26 am

i would agree with Q Dawg. I really only see crips on Kingbridge Ave and like Morris Ave. Bloods i see everywhere. Especially by the criminal court house. lol.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 30th, 2008, 7:58 am

LOL dudes hit me with the soowoo near Taft cause I had on the blue cortez. Somebody posted pictures of crips in the BX but I was surprised to see it