vietnamese gangs control the east coast

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
IronManCash10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Worldwide

vietnamese gangs control the east coast

Unread post by IronManCash10 » April 27th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Vietnamese gangs control the east coast. DC, MD, VA, philly, jersey, and new york we be extortin the chinatowns n shit. sup with filipino gangs what they be doin?

IronManCash10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Worldwide

Re: vietnamese gangs

Unread post by IronManCash10 » April 27th, 2009, 12:36 pm

how do filipino gangs on the west coast compare to gangs like TRG and ABZ?

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: TOrrance

Unread post by FINITO » November 14th, 2009, 4:40 pm

Ive never heard of any Vietnamese gangs controlling shit. They be extortin Chinatown n shit? lolz

fresh
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by fresh » November 14th, 2009, 4:42 pm

haha.....

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: TOrrance

Unread post by FINITO » November 14th, 2009, 4:44 pm

Filipinos imo dont bang hard like they did in the 80s/90s.. Right now the Pinoy gang scene is pretty much dead. There aren't pinoy gangs that are worth mentioning. I know they got sum real killers in the Philipines though but out here on the west coast ic a bunch of pinoys who tries to be pretty boys and K pop singers with them faggot ass skinny jeans tryin to be like the jabawackees. I knwo they deep into that dance scene and DJing and shit.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » November 17th, 2009, 3:07 am

Dont get it twisted. Viet gangs have Westminster and parts of Garden Grove on lock. Yeah, its not like it was back in the day. But they're still doing dirt and controlling spots over there. In OC Viets are still the most active out of the Asian gangs.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » November 17th, 2009, 3:21 am

The Filipino and Korean gangs aren't really around anymore in OC. In 2009 the Asian gang scene is jus about dead. We've all seen that. There are some active Filipino and Korean g's but not much. Its definitely not like the old days. Honestly, the Viets are the only ones I ever see nowa days. Whenever I hear about stuff popping off its the Viets. They're pretty much the only ones making noise in OC. Oh and yea, f-ck the skinny jeans butt hugger homo thug ish! How did the styles get so wack?! Ppl need to stop copying that stupid hollywood crap they see on TV.

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » November 19th, 2009, 11:41 pm

I remember in the old days, the Vietnamese and CHiense gangs seem to go at it a lot. Now, it's gotten less, but time by time it still occurs.

youngcriminologist
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by youngcriminologist » November 21st, 2009, 7:31 pm

From what I've read, Viet gangs reached their peak in the 90's, and very small spurts just popped in the news during the early 2000's. The OC news report them as middle class kids who hung out at internet cafes and pool houses.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by shing » November 21st, 2009, 10:08 pm

youngcriminologist wrote:From what I've read, Viet gangs reached their peak in the 90's, and very small spurts just popped in the news during the early 2000's. The OC news report them as middle class kids who hung out at internet cafes and pool houses.
don't believe everything in the papers

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » November 22nd, 2009, 1:09 am

If by "reached their peak" you mean they were most active and had their highest membership in the 90s then i can get with that, same goes with most all asian gangs in Southern Cali, 90s were our "hay day" so to speak but Viet gangs in the OC are still around, still doing their thing.
The middle class thing is and isn't true for some fools, the internet cafe thing is true to an extent but thats just a sign of the times, where now fools may post up at internet cafes as opposed to pool halls and pho shops back in the day, when one spot gets burned up you find another one, adapt and adopt. There are so many contributing factors to the decline of (asian) gangs in LA and OC one of the bigger ones being younger generation learning from our mistakes or older generations just not wanting/allowing their younger family members to follow in their footsteps. I remember growing up, 8-9 years old, and my uncles and cousins promoting the hood to us younger (male) relatives, to their own kids and whatnot and supporting our decision(s) to bang for the hood. Nowadays if I catch my nephew or my little cousins, and even my friends kids and relatives, start acting like they wanna be put on or repping our shit on the internet I check those fools in a heartbeat but know that, in the end, that decision is their's and their's alone to make.
It aint like it used to be, that's for sure.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » November 22nd, 2009, 5:31 pm

the decline is just part of the cycle of life. just remember why there are gangs in the first place. mostly to protect ourselves from being picked on and discriminated against. you'll see that once the decline is at it's lowest and we get moved on again, you'll see asian gangs back on the rise.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California

Unread post by Proverbz » November 22nd, 2009, 7:00 pm

i don't think asian gangs will ever be the way it was back then. gangstas bang the hardest when they are hopeless and don't give a fuck. these days, kids have it good compared to the kids who were children of refugees or refugees themselves. i been to westminster yesterday for a wedding and all these vietnamese family members had lexus, bmw, and mercedes. they came up. a whole lot better from when they had to take a boat trip across the pacific ocean and arrived in the states with nothing. it was a tough assimilation process but it has passed. one thing i got to ask though. why do vietnamese have contempt for koreans? when i was at the wedding they would ask me if i was chinese and when i told them i was korean they were like "oh....." what's up with that? but the more we spoke the more that vibe went away. then they ended up being real cool. i also never seen so many white guys with asian girlfriends at an asian wedding before. there were 7 -8 couples like that.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » November 22nd, 2009, 7:26 pm

I can't speak for all viets but since my fam is one of those weird fams from SE Cambodia who have viet surnames I happen to have viet family(you know the family who ain't really your family but they're like your parent's friends from way back in old country so they "Fam" ha) and the Viets in OC just don't like Korean from the old beefs they used to have with korean hoods back in the day. They also don't really like Pinoys either, same reason, beefs with pinoy hoods in the area back in the good old days. They'll put on a front like its on sight with them but just like you said, if you have a chance to like really kick it with them they're cool.
The thing bout white folks and viet/asians (in the OC) is simple, it's the essentially the burbs(OC being a burb of La county basically, not trying to say all of OC is "nice" cuz it aint) but you're gonna have a lot more white fools in the mix, at school, at spots you kick it, and even in the hood out there. For the most part the racial divide in OC is much less than in LA county so fools are much more tolerant of people in general, thats one of the main reasons I used to roll out there so much, that and the OC hos hahaha.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » November 23rd, 2009, 1:16 am

Asian girls and white guys.. haha! Thats a whole other topic.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Proverbz » November 23rd, 2009, 6:12 pm

yeah bullet you make sense. the thing is these guys were not even bangers or ex bangers. the guy that got married is a computer programmer and all his relatives seemed pretty "square". even when a gangsta puts on geeky clothes and tries to act "square" he can never really hide it. you can somehow always tell. tcc it tripped me out because i never been to an asian wedding that had so many couples like that. maybe its because its OC. i grew up in a suburb too, at san fernando valley, but still never seen that many white and asian couples at a wedding.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Proverbz » November 23rd, 2009, 6:18 pm

how come we cant create new topics here or in asian & white gangs anymore? did alonzo take away our privileges? anyways, i wanted to post a topic about the term "DONKEYS". how did it originate? was it made as a diss towards just the longos or the whole mexican race? also, does it have a certain meaning or did cambodians just make it up because they thought mexicans looked like donkeys?

562booney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562booney » November 23rd, 2009, 7:51 pm

Proverbz wrote:how come we cant create new topics here or in asian & white gangs anymore? did alonzo take away our privileges? anyways, i wanted to post a topic about the term "DONKEYS". how did it originate? was it made as a diss towards just the longos or the whole mexican race? also, does it have a certain meaning or did cambodians just make it up because they thought mexicans looked like donkeys?
the cambodians gave the terms "donkeys" becuz in their homeland, don't they ride on donkeys i guess lolz not to be racist but u got mexican gangs that called asians as dog eater, gooks, nips, and ch*nks.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » November 23rd, 2009, 8:46 pm

Proverbz wrote:how come we cant create new topics here or in asian & white gangs anymore? did alonzo take away our privileges? anyways, i wanted to post a topic about the term "DONKEYS". how did it originate? was it made as a diss towards just the longos or the whole mexican race? also, does it have a certain meaning or did cambodians just make it up because they thought mexicans looked like donkeys?
It was/is a diss towards all mexicans much in the same way, as booney pointed out, they call us gooks, nips, chinks, etc. I guess we just tried to get more clever with it like "hey fool i seen your mom at the petting zoo today, they had donkey rides for a quarter" and then i get socked in the face hahaha. But outside of the jails i never was down with that whole "Fu-- all mexicans" tip or any racial trip at all for that matter.

And Proverbz, we lost our privileges in the Asian and White gangs in LA section a few weeks ago though, since thats a VIP section, i don't think most of us were ever supposed to have posting privileges there anyways. It was the mass spam flooding that section that got Alonso to lock it down. In this section though i just noticed we aren't allowed to make new topics after you mentioned it, and to be honest I have no clue why we can't. This section is supposed to be "open" to post in. I hit up Alonso bout the locking of the other section when it happened and he just said I/we gotta put streetgangs on our myspace or facebook friends list to get access but im straight on all that shit.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » November 24th, 2009, 1:39 am

^Alonso is tripping then. It's his site so it's his rules. But to add streetgangs.com on myspace is over doing it. A lot of us have enough posts to be considered VIP. Kinda wack how things changed cause some idiots decided to spam the place. And the legit ppl had nothing to do with it. Oh well it's his call.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » November 24th, 2009, 1:49 am

i got no respect for the asian girls that marry white dudes..

youngcriminologist
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by youngcriminologist » November 24th, 2009, 3:00 am

shing wrote:the decline is just part of the cycle of life. just remember why there are gangs in the first place. mostly to protect ourselves from being picked on and discriminated against. you'll see that once the decline is at it's lowest and we get moved on again, you'll see asian gangs back on the rise.
triplethreat wrote:^Alonso is tripping then. It's his site so it's his rules. But to add streetgangs.com on myspace is over doing it. A lot of us have enough posts to be considered VIP. Kinda wack how things changed cause some idiots decided to spam the place. And the legit ppl had nothing to do with it. Oh well it's his call.
Since we don't have an introductions section, I'll post mine here. Hi everyone! :D I'm a new member here, and I apologize if my gang knowledge is very limited.

First off, I'm a Chinese-Filipino psych student interested in working with Asian American enclaves and underprivileged communities. I'm involved in community service organizations and local Asian Pacific education centers.

My thesis requires me to research the current state of Asian gangs in Southern California. Unfortunately, there isn't that much literature done, let alone about Asians, except maybe

Asian Youth Gangs in Southern California Suburbia (Tsunokai 2003) about the ones from San Gabriel Valley
Gangs and Immigrant Youth (Choo 2007) about Korean youth gangs in New Jersey

Both books claim that the main reason why ethnic gangs form is because
a. To form a type of brotherhood amidst the harsh acculturation process
b. They have friends who are in gangs and want to maintain those relationships
c. Monetary reasons
d. They get picked on by other groups (Mexicans, blacks)
e. Girls

Do you guys agree?

In popular understanding or media misrepresentation, it's common that gangs have this image of ethnic pride. It's about Vietnamese versus Koreans or something. If that's true, then why are criminal activities, like extortion and break-ins, usually targeted towards their own communities (i.e. Viets @ Westminster; Koreans @ Ktown )?

The authors give reasons like, Korean gangsters would rob Korean store owners because those owners don't trust in American banks so they hide their money at home. Still, I find the pride logic a bit confusing, even ironic. It then might not be an ethnic factor, but rather, a socioeconomic issue.

If you guys want to express information beyond the scope of this forum topic, please feel free to pm me :)

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » November 24th, 2009, 11:24 am

Posting privileges (in this section) were restored, briefly, last night and appear to have been removed again (the "new topic" button). So i dont know whats up, could be a glitch in the site or someone accidentally suspended privileges because of the way this site is so scattered with so many subsections, but im not sure.

Thonko, why the hell would you go and say something like that? I can understand af the typical Caucasian post pubescent fantasy of being with an Asian woman was the only reason they were together but I mean for folks to get married, most of the time, there's something more than just sexual perversion bringing them together. People are gonna be into each other for many reasons, ethnic background may or may not be one of them but all I can say is, its 2009 and the USA has always been a melding pot of many types of people, its bound to happen here.

Youngcrim, I gotta go to work but im sure by the time I get back someone will have touched on your question(s) by then.
lates

Crenshaw870

Unread post by Crenshaw870 » November 24th, 2009, 3:27 pm

YoungCrim:

If possible, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll have my homie who used to be in a Ktown gang respond to your question.

I grew up in Koreatown for a large part of my life, although I am Latino (Guatemalan-American).

I don't want to answer your questions due to the fact that I am not of Asian ancestry, and my opinion would be completely subjective and biased from an outer, non-Asian perspective.

What I will say is that Ktown and most of its Asian gangs are no where near what they used to be. With the expansion of the Metro Red Line along Wilshire Blvd. (specifically with the stations that are in or border Ktown, such as Wilshire/Vermont, Wilshire/Normandie, and Wilshire/Western) a lot of the neighborhoods in and around the stations were gentrified to bring in larger apartment complexes (such as the one on Wilshire/Vermont, which I learned this summer was funded for construction by the City with the help of the Community Redevelopment Agency, which is one of the places that I interned this summer). Korean businesses continue to flourish, and the influx of illegal Latino immigrants shows no signs of stopping. These two factors contribute to the fall of Korean gang membership in Ktown (due to their uprise on the socioeconomic ladder) and to the prevelant Latino gang presence in Ktown (due to their frozen state on the lower spectrum of the socioeconomic ladder).

Of course, this is only a very brief, generalized summary of some of the factors that contribute.

I moved out to NYC about 3 years ago, but I visit my family in Ktown every summer. Everytime I go back, I see less and less Korean graffiti (almost none), such as anything from ACS, MBZ, etc., and more and more condominiums being built.

As for the reasons why Asians may join gangs, I will let my homie handle that one once you provide your email.

But some of the sociological reasons as to why many no longer join in Ktown were summarized above.

Its my first post, so I thought I'd share my two cents.

Currently working on my masters in Sociology, so I'm more than glad to help you out YoungCrim.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » November 24th, 2009, 3:39 pm

its true most korean gangs in ktown arent deep as they used to be..most of the heads are locked up thats forsure but theres only 2 gangs in ktown..32 aka trey deuce theyre the deepest korean gang right now and then u got ACS aka asian criminals, these 2 gangs need to start recruiting asap

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » November 24th, 2009, 10:11 pm

thonkoboy2000 wrote:its true most korean gangs in ktown arent deep as they used to be..most of the heads are locked up thats forsure but theres only 2 gangs in ktown..32 aka trey deuce theyre the deepest korean gang right now and then u got ACS aka asian criminals, these 2 gangs need to start recruiting asap
i was in the joint for a pretty decent stretch so when you say that most of the korean heads are locked up is pretty much nonsense.(no disrespect intended) i've been on many yards and i know even more people on other yards and i can tell you that koreans have the least heads in the joint among asians. do the math. 33 prisons in california roughly 4-5 yards per pen and 2-3 or less koreans per yard. that's roughly 500 koreans. and out of those how many of them are from k-town? how many of those were gang bangers? i wouldn't call that "most heads".

Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 682 » November 25th, 2009, 12:47 am

thonkoboy2000 wrote:i got no respect for the asian girls that marry white dudes..
cmon man... thats just straight racist right there. u dont have to "like" it, but no need to disrespect or not give respect to them for that. if my sister married a white boy, i wouldnt "like" it but its her life and if shes happy and not harming anyone, who am i to stop that? if i married a white girl (which i wouldnt anyway), i wouldnt like it if her brother/dad hated on me just cuz i was asian.

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » November 25th, 2009, 1:11 am

Man, this "Vietnamese gangs" thread turned into a whole bunch of other topics. Lets get back to the subject. Does anyone kno if V-Boyz and AKB are still active in LA? Someone posted on here that AKB got into a scrap with POV not long ago. Not sure if that means AKB is in OC now. And I haven't heard much about POV these days but guess their still around. Whats the most active Viet gangs in OC right now?

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » November 25th, 2009, 2:31 am

shing wrote:
thonkoboy2000 wrote:its true most korean gangs in ktown arent deep as they used to be..most of the heads are locked up thats forsure but theres only 2 gangs in ktown..32 aka trey deuce theyre the deepest korean gang right now and then u got ACS aka asian criminals, these 2 gangs need to start recruiting asap
i was in the joint for a pretty decent stretch so when you say that most of the korean heads are locked up is pretty much nonsense.(no disrespect intended) i've been on many yards and i know even more people on other yards and i can tell you that koreans have the least heads in the joint among asians. do the math. 33 prisons in california roughly 4-5 yards per pen and 2-3 or less koreans per yard. that's roughly 500 koreans. and out of those how many of them are from k-town? how many of those were gang bangers? i wouldn't call that "most heads".
i never said 1000 koreans were locked up, i just meant most koreans are locked up that used to bang anyways..korean gangs arent even deep to start out with to be honest..maybe the most deep would be at most 40..so yeah korean gangs arent as deep as u might think they are..i think trey deuce might be like 30 deep and acs is around 10-15

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » November 25th, 2009, 2:37 am

682 wrote:
thonkoboy2000 wrote:i got no respect for the asian girls that marry white dudes..
cmon man... thats just straight racist right there. u dont have to "like" it, but no need to disrespect or not give respect to them for that. if my sister married a white boy, i wouldnt "like" it but its her life and if shes happy and not harming anyone, who am i to stop that? if i married a white girl (which i wouldnt anyway), i wouldnt like it if her brother/dad hated on me just because i was asian.
lol most guys from other races would disagree with u though, if u went out with a black girl id guarantee, u will get jumped by some black dudes etc. thats why most people think asians are pussies cuz yall think like that, but i have to say its just the fact that those asian girls that luv white boys etc think asian dudes are inferior n shit..that pisses me off..but thats just my opninion

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » November 25th, 2009, 3:54 am

^Right on thonkoboy! I agree with you. I don't hate on white guys that date Asian girls. Or hate on Asian girls for dating white guys. If the love is true then let it be. I'm happy for them. That's all God wants for us anyways and its all good. I respect that and even kno a few couples like this myself. But there are Asian girls that think Asian guys are inferior. That Asian guys are weak and being Asian is less than human or something. And they get all that nonsense from what they see on TV. And there are white guys that think Asian girls are all horny-love you long time-sex maniacs. They have no respect for Asian girls or Asians in general. These ppl are the ones that need to check themselves. The society we live in glorifies white ppl. All the movies make white guys heroes and saviours. Even on TV commercials theres always a white guy with an Asian girl. Like thats the only way to be or something. A strong handsome white man is going to save you. Subconsciously that plays tricks with your head. America has a history of doing things like this. During WWII they didn't want ppl to know that black soldiers and Japanese soldiers were fighting for America. They didn't want minorities to be recognized for making sacrifices and having courage or strength. That plays out even today. Nowa days I see more and more white guys with Asian girls. I probably did already but dont want to go too deep into this, my bad. I kno some Asian guys make a big deal about this and some dont care at all. Everyone feels different about this subject. I respect that to the fullest. I've seen a lot of racism in my day coming from the average looking whiteman to skinheads. So maybe im biased.

js83
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by js83 » November 27th, 2009, 1:32 am

Does other asian gangs still come down to ktown often?

Like last month, I was at chapman plaza and saw like 10 heads, banged out...they definitely didn't look Korean...maybe viet or chinese...