Origins of crips and bloods in NY..

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami

Origins of crips and bloods in NY..

Unread post by crm » May 8th, 2011, 8:54 pm

On gangland they said that the original crips in NY were started by some Belezian crips from LA. Anybody know if this is accurate? Do the bloods there have any connection at all to LA?

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Re: Origins of crips and bloods in NY..

Unread post by ViciousRidah » May 12th, 2011, 8:03 pm

The Belizians were not from LA, the Harlem 30s went to Belize and some how put on some fools from out there, the Belizians then in turn went to NYC to handle some work.

More over the Belizean Harlem 30s are not responsible for starting every different Crip set in NYC, they all have their shady and obscure origins,from so called different branches.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by crm » May 29th, 2011, 9:43 am

And the bloods? Do they have any connection to the west at all? Didn't some guys from the west go over to NY and show them love or something?

SonsofLiberty
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by SonsofLiberty » July 24th, 2011, 1:20 pm

No, the so-called "OG Mack" and some other guy from Brooklyn started the UBN or United Blood Nation as a prison gang to protect blacks in Rikers Island from the Latin Kings. Once Mack got out, he started getting NY gangs to join his "Bloods", the biggest of which was probably SMM or Sex, Money, Murder one of the most notorious gangs at the time. A lot of people fail to realize that yes, NY Bloods are wannabes copying what LA is doing BUT you have to call a spade a spade. A gang is a gang, no matter what they call themselves, and most of the original NY gangs have either chosen to become crips or bloods.

So in essence there are real gang member in New York, even if they are wannabes they really do ride out.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » July 24th, 2011, 3:14 pm

That depends. there have been countless white boy wanna be blood,crip,and folks gangs in the suburbs who have killed,fought, and robbed. But the fact is the war was never that intense compared to urban areas so I wouldn't call their war real as well as the ones in NYC.

In NYC the bloods and crips live in the same hood and hang out with each other frequently,so I wouldn't call that really riding out.

The UBN was not formed to protect blacks contrary to popular belief,some people have been watching too much gangland , the Netas ran to Kings out for help in RIkers,it was Netas who were at a disadvantage.At first the Kings did not have beef with the UBN, until the Netas and other hispanics were getting exploited by the Bloods. If any of you know a Neta ask them the history of the beef between UBN and Netas,and how Netas became cool with Kings.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by crm » July 25th, 2011, 12:39 am

But weren't ñetas at war with Kings? I knew a dude who was a king from new york and he told me that they were at war with the ñetas.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » July 25th, 2011, 4:27 am

crm wrote:But weren't ñetas at war with Kings? I knew a dude who was a king from new york and he told me that they were at war with the ñetas.
Yes the Kings and Netas did have beef from before but they did squash it. The Netas made an alliance with the Kings when they were getting to much heat from the UBN in Rikers.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by crm » July 26th, 2011, 10:45 pm

Didn't the bloods and kings squash the beef too?

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » July 27th, 2011, 6:10 am

They probably have. I remember when I went out to NYC in the early 2000s,that some LKs and Bloods were linked together in some boroughs, but in the 2000s the blood and king beef definitely was not that bad, it pretty much died down,but the kings and netas squashed their beef sometime in the early 90s before their beef with bloods.Although their have been rare squabbles and fighting between Netas and Kings ,they should not beef that much,at least not in NYC.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by crm » July 27th, 2011, 11:03 pm

That sounds about right. It seems that most of the NY gangs aren't really beefing. Do the bloods and crips beef at all though? Or have they squashed it completely?

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » July 29th, 2011, 8:18 am

I really couldn't tell you that.

gornto
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: Staten Island

Unread post by gornto » July 31st, 2011, 3:20 pm

Ok, i know im white and i dont live anywhere close to harlem, but i was wonderin does anyone know anything about some kid who was shot by a dude on a bicycle about a month ago near some projects or somethin?

nowtheledge
If in the United States: Maine
What city do you live in now?: Hagerstown

Unread post by nowtheledge » August 15th, 2011, 11:03 am

Each line has it's own origin. Like mine Money Makin Gangsta Crips is a 3ranch off of Gowanus Projects Gangsta Crips Who come from 81st. Grape st out of Texas. We don't all come from the same root. Most ain't 3eefin cause dudes is chasing cheddar. Its a3out money. That's the main motivation.

DIRTC
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: NY

Unread post by DIRTC » September 26th, 2013, 6:40 pm

Locs n bloods dnt hang out together loool... And that ubn shit been gone for years. Reason why all them sets is indepedent

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by crm » November 4th, 2013, 10:40 pm

Somebody on here said it's a hood thing. If the bloods and crips are from the same hood, they get along.

DIRTC
What city do you live in now?: NY

Unread post by DIRTC » November 22nd, 2013, 8:21 pm

They dnt get along. They co exist

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » January 4th, 2014, 3:08 pm

I don't really think its a hood thing, I think both gangs are really are afraid to confront each other and go to war. In many cities when crips and bloods first arrive they fight for blocks and then things heat up,doesn't seem the case in NYC , they rather not fight other gang members but prefer to go slash another old lady and make them their vic.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/27/nyreg ... all&src=pm

A small cadre of bona fide Crips and Bloods are mixing and clashing with a growing number of young men who claim a gang affiliation but act on their own to gain the attention of their peers and of elder, more established gangsters.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by crm » January 22nd, 2017, 12:39 am

So it isn't a hood thing? They dont get along if they are from the same neighorhood?

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » March 4th, 2017, 6:37 pm

DIRTC wrote:Locs n bloods dnt hang out together loool... And that ubn shit been gone for years. Reason why all them sets is indepedent
Hell yea they hang together, you lying if you think they don't.LOL at UBN being gone,just go to Rikers or their pens out there, my cousin just got out and told me they still on some BS with fools in there.
crm wrote:So it isn't a hood thing? They dont get along if they are from the same neighorhood?
Yea both,sometimes they could run in to each other on some party ,money or club shit then say fuck it and keep cool.

OGRucc
What city do you live in now?: Bronx

Unread post by OGRucc » December 16th, 2019, 11:19 am

“On gangland they said that the original crips in NY were started by some Belezian crips from LA. Anybody know if this is accurate? Do the bloods there have any connection at all to LA?”

That is accurate

OGRucc

Unread post by OGRucc » December 16th, 2019, 11:48 am

“ The Belizians were not from LA, the Harlem 30s went to Belize and some how put on some fools from out there, the Belizians then in turn went to NYC to handle some work.

More over the Belizean Harlem 30s are not responsible for starting every different Crip set in NYC, they all have their shady and obscure origins,from so called different branches.”

My comrade D-Roc did live in L.A. for a time, but was deported back to Beliz and then made the trip to NYC. It’s true that They aren’t responsible for all the sets in NYC, but they had the first set, so their influence was heavy. Those like me got it from family members visiting from South Central and there are some others who just made some stuff up. The Hoover’s were co-signed by a west coast native named Turbo. I think the first ETGs were false claiming but then tapped in to L.A. later for a co-sign. And if I recall correctly G Stone/GS9 didn’t come out of L.A. but rather Seattle.

OGRucc

Unread post by OGRucc » December 16th, 2019, 12:06 pm

“ They probably have. I remember when I went out to NYC in the early 2000s,that some LKs and Bloods were linked together in some boroughs, but in the 2000s the blood and king beef definitely was not that bad, it pretty much died down,but the kings and netas squashed their beef sometime in the early 90s before their beef with bloods.Although their have been rare squabbles and fighting between Netas and Kings ,they should not beef that much,at least not in NYC.”

They linked with the Kings in 2001 under the 5 point star due to some Crip sets going with the 8-ball and 6 point star with the GDs. so the Kings who were originally aligned with the Crips “switched sides” and started going against us, however, recently in prison their old war reignited and started leaning toward Crips again. As for Ñetas, they no longer exist in NYC.

OGRucc

Unread post by OGRucc » December 16th, 2019, 12:38 pm

“ I don't really think its a hood thing, I think both gangs are really are afraid to confront each other and go to war. In many cities when crips and bloods first arrive they fight for blocks and then things heat up,doesn't seem the case in NYC , they rather not fight other gang members but prefer to go slash another old lady and make them their vic.”

ViciousRidah
You’re way outta line on this one. First, NYC Crips ain’t never been out here slashing old ladies, for 10+ years (for me since ‘94) we were smokin fools from the other side. Second, Crips hangin with the other side ain’t exclusive to NYC, like in Compton where the Acacias are allied with a particular Piru set. Finally, prior to mentioning the nature of how we crack out here, especially with this Crippin, understand what it’s like for Crips in Locc up. I use to go out to the yard at times and it was just me and not a single other Crip, but 35 of them fools from the other side. NY has 77 penitentiaries and it’s like that in all of the except 2 or three. Like, I truly live this Crip shit and homeboys out west need to recognize that we started very similar to to how it started on the west coast. We were teens, kids, that gravitated toward an idea that intrigued us. We have our “Raymond Washington” our “Tookie” and “Melvin”

PS: didn’t that old Crip Cadence say “Coast to Coast, state to state, the C-Machine is on its way”?? Those rip ridahs knew Crip was gonna make it here.