Pennsylvania gangs

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
Ge-man

A Gang In Pittsburgh

Unread post by Ge-man » May 24th, 2003, 12:41 am

I used to be in a gang called the Law in Pittsburgh when I was a teen in the mid 1990s. I dont live there anymore but I do believe they are still active there. I now live in Albany, New York and there are some gangs here but can remember any of the names.

GMan

Anonymous20

Philadelphia Gangs

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 30th, 2003, 3:28 pm

As a resident of West Philadelphia PA for over 30 years I can certify that the contents of this post are accurate.

Philadelphia has no real visible gangs! This may be surprising because "percentage" wise Philadelphia's homicide rate is greater that LA's. There are some youngsters who are trying to live in the past and call themselves gangsters, but the time of the Philadelphia gangs has passed.

There are small drug gangs however. They are small groups of individuals who have banded together to sell drugs and make money. And the Jamaican drug Posses are very active.

The drug gangs are most visible in the Latino section of North Philadelphia. There, drug dealers will stand in the street and shout things like, "Weed, weed!" They are well organized and they have runners, lookouts, and enforcers.

Those of gangbanging age in Philadelphia can go anywhere they wish without being asked, "Where are you from?" or "Why are you wearing those colors?" The only problem that they may have is if they happen to stray on a drug dealers corner and the dealer thinks that they are selling.

In the 60s and 70s Philadelphia had a severe gang problem. I have gotten first hand info about this from my brother who was a gang leader and my father who was a Police Officer. I was pretty young during this time but I remember that my brother always had a lot of friends around him. In some sections of the city every few blocks there was a different gang, and they were all very violent.

In my Father's district there was a gang called Carpenter Street. They would go to the funeral of those who they killed and shoot up the casket.

My brother used to tell me stories about his gang. They were called the Creek. Once at a party two guys from a gang called the Zip pulled out two 45s, each, and started blasting. When they ran out of ammo one of my brother's gang pulled out a shotgun and started shooting at them. He hit a lot of people and some were hurt by the buckshot.

One of the differences that I see in the old Philadelphia gangs was that even though they did a lot of shooting, they also did a lot of fighting. I am not sure if this is the case with the modern LA gangs. My brother was boxer and he had mad fighting skills. It was often that he would come home and show me swollen knuckles from someone who he had beat up.

Since this was before the time of the small time drug dealer, the glue that held these gangs together was territory and status. And since these gangs were not big money making institutions, they soon fell apart.

CWizardX

Distortion of log in name

Unread post by CWizardX » June 1st, 2003, 4:00 am

Does this message board always distort login names. The name that I chose was CWizardX, C is a mid level programming language. But this board changed it to CWixardX. What is up with that?

Anonymous20

Re: Pennsylvania gangs

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 26th, 2004, 11:04 pm

I may becoming to Phily and I looking to visit some of the gang areas there. What do you recommend, i mean I want to go to the most grimey places there.

lb516
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lb516 » January 27th, 2004, 4:48 am

germantown north philly

chris22

Unread post by chris22 » January 27th, 2004, 3:59 pm

alonso wrote:I may becoming to Phily and I looking to visit some of the gang areas there. What do you recommend, i mean I want to go to the most grimey places there.
pretty much anywhere in north philly. all you gotta do is go down north broad in the temple area then go down a few avenues near north broad and you'll see some horrible ghettos. the broad/lehigh corner is notorious for shooting and crack sales. i don't think you'll find that much gang activity in philly tho. philly niggaz are usually hustlers not gang bangers. there aint anywhere in philly where they'd trip over colors.

chris22

Unread post by chris22 » January 27th, 2004, 3:59 pm

alonso wrote:I may becoming to Phily and I looking to visit some of the gang areas there. What do you recommend, i mean I want to go to the most grimey places there.
pretty much anywhere in north philly. all you gotta do is go down north broad in the temple area then go down a few avenues near north broad and you'll see some horrible ghettos. the broad/lehigh corner is notorious for shooting and crack sales. i don't think you'll find that much gang activity in philly tho. philly niggaz are usually hustlers not gang bangers. there aint anywhere in philly where they'd trip over colors.

Unread post by Guest » March 18th, 2004, 6:03 pm

anyone know what the gang element is in the northeast Pennsylvania area, specifically Scranton? Thanks

chris22

Unread post by chris22 » March 19th, 2004, 5:18 pm

Last edited by chris22 on July 15th, 2004, 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

areyouvi3t
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by areyouvi3t » March 22nd, 2004, 6:09 pm

i don't see or hear shit about gangs in philly......only the mob i hear about.......everybody's just be tryin to get they hustle on, this is from someone from the westcoast that's currently in the city of brotherly luv

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » July 2nd, 2004, 5:32 am

i dont live in philly but i went to south philly to my kousins house n the nhood wus dekorated with "RTB" an "ROLLIN 20S BLOOD GANG" all over and i hear there spreading pretty big and i heard of some bounty hunters in south philly but i know there are rollin 20s somewhere in there if you look

stephon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by stephon » July 15th, 2004, 7:04 pm

I got alot of Family in Philly but i'm from Reading,PA. South Philly is the worst spot of Philly. In Reading we got bloods,crips,6 wars, shukill ave gangbang,hudson crew,carribean island connection, latin kings,O-block. Basically from what I hear O-block is a crew of niggaz that got outta latin kings to form there own crew.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » July 16th, 2004, 4:34 pm

yea south the worst part thats where i seen all the Bloods

stephon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by stephon » July 16th, 2004, 10:52 pm

BABYBRAZE wrote:yea south the worst part thats where i seen all the Bloods

It is very dangerous but I don't know about Bloodz bein there. In Philly nobody cares about gangs If gonna kill somebody u doit yourself. Thats how they basically do things in Philly. Niggaz will blastchew if u come down there with that gang shit.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » July 19th, 2004, 3:28 pm

and um...no1 in south philly will shoot u if u bringnur gang down there theres tons of minor gangs all over philly if u live in south philly ill sho u sum philly bloods...theres neighborhood gangs in ever hood of philly.. homie need to get outside

Shadygrayloc823

Unread post by Shadygrayloc823 » July 20th, 2004, 7:51 pm

stephon wrote:
BABYBRAZE wrote:yea south the worst part thats where i seen all the Bloods

It is very dangerous but I don't know about Bloodz bein there. In Philly nobody cares about gangs If gonna kill somebody u doit yourself. Thats how they basically do things in Philly. Niggaz will blastchew if u come down there with that gang stuff.

you trippin, I been out in Philly a few times, north N south philly and ran into some fools talking bout they blood. yea philly has tons of little gangs and bloods is one of them.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » July 23rd, 2004, 2:36 pm

^^thank u..at least sum1 knows wut they talkin about^^

youngroller
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by youngroller » September 13th, 2004, 8:52 pm

lol

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » September 14th, 2004, 2:19 am

I THOUGHT SOUTH PHILLY IS WERE ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE LIVE AT BECAUSE I GOTTA HOMEBOY FROM NORTH PHILLY AND HE AND HIS FAMILY SAY THATS THE WORST PART OF PHILLY.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » September 14th, 2004, 11:30 am

^ north philly is pretty bad in certain parts but others not at all.. south philly is fill with italians, blacks, koreans, and viets everything else is a major minority down there but north is fill with LK's n wierd shit n south has the philadelphia mafia n is filled bloods in sharon hill, bloods got spots all over philly but Crips have really just 1 in chester and i see 6pt stars in their tags so no1 really takes em seriously - but depends on who u ask between south n north philly on which is worse - ogontz n oleny in north philly can get bad as hell on certain friday nights - if ur talkin bout murders n robberies n things along that line then north is way worse but south is the more organized krime ares with drugs n things u kno still at least a murder a day in the city - white ppl live in north philly - kenzington is a hard ass hood n its fill with krazy ass white ppl. i seen 1 fight a preist in church because over communion bread - but white ppl live in north, south, west, theyer in all areas just not alot - the most of them live in north east area n northeast PJ's 4 example linden fields projects and oxford villages PJ's

akayc

Unread post by akayc » September 15th, 2004, 5:30 am

strtgang wrote:Post information about gangs in Pennsylvania and gangs in cities in Pennsylvania here by clicking on Post Reply

there's is a rollin 60's crip gang in philly on broad street around those areas are 65th and nedro around those areas. this og came down there and started loc niggers down there.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » September 15th, 2004, 4:42 pm

then they deff not deep at all kause im on broad alot n never see dem - broad n race roun that area nn i b on nedro n don see dem either

PAMinister36

Unread post by PAMinister36 » October 4th, 2004, 6:47 pm

Y.G. wrote:I THOUGHT SOUTH PHILLY IS WERE ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE LIVE AT BECAUSE I GOTTA HOMEBOY FROM NORTH PHILLY AND HE AND HIS FAMILY SAY THATS THE WORST PART OF PHILLY.

Hello,
This is CWIZARDX, I just did not feel like looking up my old password. Please read my post, it is very accurate. I am not some 18 year old child who wants his city to be like LA, I am a 36 year old educated adult who has lived in Philadelphia all of my life.
South Philadelphia is split in two parts. There is a part that is mostly white, Italians, and then there is the black section. The Mafia is heavy in the Italian section.
North Philadelphia is probably the only section of Philadelphia that has any resemblance of street gangs. And this is the hispanic area of North Philadelphia. North Philadelphia is also segmented. The Latin Kings were there but I think that the Police broke them up.
Philadelphia has small drug gangs with very few members. But they are not into colors. They are not about turf for the sake of turf, all they are about is selling their poison.
The only people that I have heard talking about "Bloods" or "Crips" were high school kids who were pretending. I am a substitute teacher in a suburb that borderlines Philadelphia. And when I was teaching a High School class, one of the students was saying that he was a Crip. He said it with a smile on his face, and I could tell that he was just playing around.
All you have to do is check the local news in Philly. (This is for you guys who claim that there are small blood and crip gangs in Philadelphia.) I have NEVER heard any report about bloods or crips! A while ago there was the "Junior Black Mafia" which was a small but powerful drug gang. And one time a gangster from the 70s who just got out of prison tried to start his gang back up but the Police quickly put a stop to that. But other than that I do not remember ever hearing a news report about gang activity in Philadelphia.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » October 4th, 2004, 7:24 pm

thats because the kops in philly duno whose in gangs n whose not so how wuld the news papers get info about it - oleny section is fill with gangs all about kolor - n yes LK is still alive n STRONG as hell in north philly just dont beef with many gangs n Sharon hill is FILL with Bloods n chester is Fill with Crips n they both holdin madd weight in they hoods n if gangs never make the news in philly - the mafia hasent even been in the news since merlino got locked up - north east section is filled with folk nation gangs (i duno ther names) and west is all People nation... ur not gonna read about it in the news because the gangs r still small but walk around sharon hill or chester n i guarentee you that you will see Blood n crip graffitti all over - on Nedro i seen "rollin 60 crip" 2 days ago on the side of a building n right by la salle on 20th street there is a major amount gang graffitti (mainly Blood n LK) if you kno where Broad n Race meet there is a police building there tahts sum komputer kops n that building is koverd in BHB graffitti and by the Frankford Terminal there is People nation and folk nation Graffitti with pitch forks n stars n all types of shit - dont look to the news 4 gangs look in the h00d - .. there wus a major gang fight in chester last week on the news kaught on film.. did u see that? like 50 on 50 n that shit made news so i duno what news u been watchin - it showed an old lady hittin sum1 with a stik to get the guy off her grandson - that shulda stuk out in ur mind but any way there is even gang graffitti in Mayfair and Morrell and if you look for the right things you can see it in purely soft neighborhoods like somerton - gangs are all over in philly - because they dont get publicity dont mean they aint there - look around in the h00d 4 them

PAMinister36

Unread post by PAMinister36 » October 4th, 2004, 9:01 pm

OK BABYBRAZE, I understand your point. But the question then is what do you consider to be moderate gang activity? Since most Philadelphia residence are not aware of the type of gang activity that you are describing I would say that shows that any such gang activity would be minimal.

How many people in LA, Compton, or Huston would say that they were not aware of any gang activity in their city? And how many do you think would say that they have never seen any news coverage about gang activity? These cities are gang infested and all of the people know it! So why then do most Philadelphia residense not know about this type of gang activity?

In the 60s and 70s Philadelphia had a huge gang problem. One year the homicide rate reached well over 300. Back then that was a huge number. There were multiple gangs in MOST neighborhoods. My brother was a leader in a West Philadelphia gang called the Creek. He could never go any place alone, he had to take a few friends with him. He often tells me stories of shootings and gang fights. My father was a Police Officer during this time so you can imagine how well he and my brother got along. My father also told me stories. He worked in South Philadelphia at the time and he told me about a gang there valled carpenter street. They would kill a person and then go to the funeral and shoot up the casket. One of my cousins lost three sons to I believe a gang called Woodland Avenue.

Back then everyone knew about the gang problem. They were very visible and active. The mothers would even have marches. And my brother was interviewed by a local newspaper about his gang.

Then I came along. When I was very young, elementary school age, the gangs were starting to die. They were not yet into selling drugs so turf was what they were about. Because of this Police pressure and other pressures destroyed them.

When I was in high school I remember often coming home on the bus to West Philadelphia from the South West area. Some guys would jump on the sides of the bus and even come on the bus asking who was from Cedar Avenue. Sometimes the guys on the bus would flash 5, 6 with their fingers and then duck down. 5-6 was Cedar Avenue.

After these types of insidents I would tell my brother and he would laugh histerically. You see he knew that these so called gangsters were only imitating what they had seen thier older brothers doing. They were not really gangsters, they were wanna be gangsters trying to bring back the past.

What I am guessing is that what you are seeing is probably a similiar thing. Young people who think gangs are cool so they are trying to pretend. A lot of them probably hop on the internet and learn about different gangs, as I have done, and then try to play make believe.

Chester as you know is not in Philadelphia. And I do not know a lot about it. Most of the people who I know that have moved to Chester say that it is more violent than Philadelphia. So I cannot speak on it.

Now I know that North Philadelphia is bad. When I was in High School a group of my friends and I drove down there to meet up with a Hispanic girl that one of my friends had met at a party. There were guys on every corner sreaming "Blue Tape" and "Red Tape" or something like that. It was like an open market. Then we saw a car speed off and a guy ran out with a shot gun and aimed at the car but it was too far away. Then at least 50 guys came out with chains and pipes. They did not mess with us because they figured that we were customers. And recently I saw an HBO special on the Latin Kings and they showed a few leaders from Philly. In fact they met on City Avenue in a hotel either in Philly or across the street from the border.

So I am not really in disagreement with you. I think that we are speaking of levels of gang activity. If 5 guys get together and decide to call themselves bloods, are they really a gang? My concern is that such activity could one day grow into a big problem.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » October 5th, 2004, 12:05 pm

well in sharon hill its well known in taht h00d that bloods are active there and in oleny they all know gangs r aktive and in kenzington thers is gang shoot-outs everyday - i personally seen rooftop fights between gangs in kenzington - also the major gangs in philly, which dont have many members bekaue most are new to philly, have older members like theres is a NTG OG in Linden Fields PJ's whose in his early 40's - chester isnt really philly but its just outside of it so i konsidered it philly - and in my set there is a 28 yr old whose been down with Bounty hunter Bloods b4 he moved to philly n yea all the Blood sets in philly that i kno are official with str8 ties to LA or NY - the sets r just small in philly because the oldest BLood set aroun in philly has been here for only MAYB 3 years at most and mainly have been started by 1 old head Blood who gets green light n spreads his hood through out philly - most of the gangs r still small in numbers - there are ROllin 60s crips who are deep as hell right now but i duno if ther real - but again there small n dont make much noise yet just mainly pushin now kause the crip n blood hoods r so far apart - but i can tell u now that VBZ in kenzington make news all the time with their aktivity and kenzington is shared between Bloods n VBZ's - if u dont wunna walk aroun the hoods n look 4 the gangs (which i guarentee u will find if u look in the places i named) then wait a year or two then research philly gangs n they shuld b thriving again - still wont have much publicity because ive witnessed Chinese Mafia hits on people that never made the news so do a gang related murder wil make philly headlines if Mafia slayings n wars dont even make them - only reason kenzington 1's make it is bekause kenzington has nothin else to put in ther h00d's news bekause its so bad that no1 kares about anything out there ne more so they put interesting things in thier instead of important things - and a fight goin on on top of the roofs is interesting to sum ppl - ive also seen a kouple VBZ's beat a Puerto Rican kid down in the alley for having the wrong kolors on and the kid wus in the hospital for weeks in akoma then died and that didnt touch the news either

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » October 6th, 2004, 2:03 pm

SPEAKING OF GANGS IN PHILLY THERE WAS A NIGGA WHO JUST GOT KILLED IN FRONT OF HIS OWN SON (AROUN 10yrs OLD) BY A GANG MEMEBER IN OLENY

PAMinister36

Unread post by PAMinister36 » October 6th, 2004, 4:04 pm

BABYBRAZE wrote:SPEAKING OF GANGS IN PHILLY THERE WAS A NIGGA WHO JUST GOT KILLED IN FRONT OF HIS OWN SON (AROUN 10yrs OLD) BY A GANG MEMEBER IN OLENY

Do you know the name of the gang that was involved?

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » October 6th, 2004, 4:52 pm

AINT BLOOD OR cRIP NO RED OR BLUE - ITS A MINOR GANG IN OLENY WHO KOLOR B BLAcK - IM NOT SURE WUT ITS KALLED BUT I can FIND OUT - GIMME A DAY AT MOST

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » October 7th, 2004, 7:02 pm

im hearin he klaim P.O.V (no not the 1 in NY) but they 1 in philly n its a primarily white gang like Gaylords or Simon city Royals but they got a good amount of black homies too - around 60% white 30% black 10% latino - i duno all about em but i kno they get a shit load of respekt in alot a areas like - P.wood, linden fields PJs, Oxford Villages PJ's, Frankford, chalfont, morrell, busleton, torresdale, an certain parts of oleny not whole hood - they run places like that - n i HEARD they down with LK's n FAB(Frankford Ave Ballaz) an POV stand 4 - Phillies Original Villians (im pretty sure)

stephon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by stephon » October 8th, 2004, 6:37 am

There are no L.A based gangs in Philly but there are kids that make up there own gangs. They start out with the words bang bang then they name there set then gang after that. Example:Bang Bang broad street gang thats not a real gang by the way at least I don't think it is. My uncles told me Crips and Bloods tried to take run Philly and got chased the fuck out like bitches. I don't even believe there are real gang members in this forum anyway cause if there were wouldn't they be outside bangin right now instead of wasting there time arguing over the internet over whos who.INTERNET THUGZ hahahah hahhahah fake ass niggaz. Thugz on the internet.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » October 8th, 2004, 11:20 am

so y r u even on here if u think every1s fake - and u unkle duno wdf he talkin bout there Bloods n cRips in philly eastkaost sets n weskoats sets no1s got chased outta philly (except maybe u) n no the sets i kno in philly aint wunnab's tehy all got direkt ties with NY or LA gangs - does your uncle smoke crack? goto Grant n Academy n tell me theres no real Bloods or cRips in philly - goto Sharon HIll if u wunna see a shit load of gangs - u got NO idea wdf u talkin bout

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - East Coast - U.S.A.”