Gang graffiti in New York

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Gang graffiti in New York

Unread post by Silencioso » July 25th, 2013, 2:32 pm

NY gangs have never been into tag banging like L.A. or Chicago gangs, but there is gang graffiti in NY. Based on what I've seen it's the Mexican gangs (SDN, S42, WxC etc.) and Crip/Blood affiliated black gangs that do the most graffiti in NY. These newer gangs like Smoove Gang and Rock Starz also hit up. Most newer NY gang graffiti I've seen was written in plain lettering, sometimes with a creative flair, but not hip hop tagging style and not L.A. style.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Re: Gang graffiti in New York

Unread post by ViciousRidah » July 26th, 2013, 3:14 am

LOL NYC gangs are a joke, I thought we all spoke on this before. Been out in NYC this summer and the streets are pretty TD, not to many young dirt doers posted.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 26th, 2013, 6:35 am

LOL how do yall know so much about NY?

Anyways what is said above is generalizations. Original poster is right for the most part. There is creative flair but it's basic. The type of writing you would expect to be written on walls of JHS bathrooms or in notebooks. A lot of shit you would see on people as gang identifiers you wouldn't recognize though. Like a normal looking dread that's dressed NY style with a red astros hat and red lining in his nikes. You wouldn't think nothing of it. Or certain elekes on the wrist or neck but even that's dying out.

And there's still some corners where 'dirt doers' are posted that you can come visit. 162nd and Ogden just as one example, but really certain spots are hot on certain nights.

But more less this city is becoming more white by the day, only gangs out here are white mustache bicycle bandit gangs lol

This shit below recently could have been due to the beef between dudes in Marcy and dudes in Los Sures, 3Nis for Bloods basically.
http://www.metro.us/newyork/news/local/ ... cy-houses/

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » July 26th, 2013, 6:47 am

Cold Bear wrote:LOL how do yall know so much about NY?

Anyways what is said above is generalizations. Original poster is right for the most part. There is creative flair but it's basic. The type of writing you would expect to be written on walls of JHS bathrooms or in notebooks. A lot of shit you would see on people as gang identifiers you wouldn't recognize though. Like a normal looking dread that's dressed NY style with a red astros hat and red lining in his nikes. You wouldn't think nothing of it. Or certain elekes on the wrist or neck but even that's dying out.

And there's still some corners where 'dirt doers' are posted that you can come visit. 162nd and Ogden just as one example, but really certain spots are hot on certain nights.

But more less this city is becoming more white by the day, only gangs out here are white mustache bicycle bandit gangs lol

This shit below recently could have been due to the beef between dudes in Marcy and dudes in Los Sures, 3Nis for Bloods basically.
I took a trip out there not to long ago, so I know, that city is too clean to have graffiti on the wall. If you say its in JHS or in notebooks its obvious that there is not that much tagging go on out there.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 26th, 2013, 7:09 am

ViciousRidah wrote:

I took a trip out there not to long ago, so I know, that city is too clean to have graffiti on the wall. If you say its in JHS or in notebooks its obvious that there is not that much tagging go on out there.
I mean where were you? Downtown is expensive as fuck to live in but still has graffiti everywhere. Williamsburg, Brooklyn Heights, the most expensive parts of Brooklyn, still have graffiti everywhere. The Bronx, graffiti everywhere. I'm saying the style of graffiti that the original poster is talking about being stylized but not being 'hip hop' or LA gang style is similar to the type of halfway tagging teenagers do casually in school. That's the type of 'hit ups' you see most commonly if you're in the subways or whatever.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » July 27th, 2013, 2:40 am

Cold Bear wrote:
ViciousRidah wrote:

I mean where were you? Downtown is expensive as fuck to live in but still has graffiti everywhere. Williamsburg, Brooklyn Heights, the most expensive parts of Brooklyn, still have graffiti everywhere. The Bronx, graffiti everywhere. I'm saying the style of graffiti that the original poster is talking about being stylized but not being 'hip hop' or LA gang style is similar to the type of halfway tagging teenagers do casually in school. That's the type of 'hit ups' you see most commonly if you're in the subways or whatever.

I was in ENY, Rogers Ave,Synder,Schentacdy in Crown Heights, Mother Gaston and other parts of Brownsville,Canarsie,and Flatbush, I mean its not just downtown that is expensive, its all over Brooklyn becoming pricey not just one area. With that said its not hard to figure out there is not going to be that much graffiti in NYC with the value of the property being in jeopardy to tagging. You're more likely to find more tags in LA. But having to find tags in schools is not noticable to the public and is very seclusive, the average citizen is not going to see that. Subways are free of tags too, you're not going to see the graffiti on cars.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 29th, 2013, 1:29 pm

Not the subway cars themselves but in the station. that's where I see the most juvenile kinda hit ups. One I had in mind that struck me as being kind of reminiscent of the tags you would see in the early 2000's was the Brooklyn Bridge station. But you're right there's barely any of that compared to ten years ago.

If you were over in those parts of BK I'm surprised you didn't see more. Flatbush has old hit ups from the days when there was Folks around there, and a good amount of Crip graffiti. Albany Houses in Crown Heights you're gonna see a lot of Blood hit ups. When I used to hit the Parks Dept gym in Brownsville on Linden there was a block behind the gym where there was a grip of gang hit ups. But then again, you're right all these hoods have less gang influence going on right now. You're not gonna see big walls like in LA while you're driving through a main stretch it's gonna be hit up on the table in a Chinese carry-out.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » July 30th, 2013, 5:20 am

Cold Bear wrote:Not the subway cars themselves but in the station. that's where I see the most juvenile kinda hit ups. One I had in mind that struck me as being kind of reminiscent of the tags you would see in the early 2000's was the Brooklyn Bridge station. But you're right there's barely any of that compared to ten years ago.

If you were over in those parts of BK I'm surprised you didn't see more. Flatbush has old hit ups from the days when there was Folks around there, and a good amount of Crip graffiti. Albany Houses in Crown Heights you're gonna see a lot of Blood hit ups. When I used to hit the Parks Dept gym in Brownsville on Linden there was a block behind the gym where there was a grip of gang hit ups. But then again, you're right all these hoods have less gang influence going on right now. You're not gonna see big walls like in LA while you're driving through a main stretch it's gonna be hit up on the table in a Chinese carry-out.
NYC graffiti has come down since the past 15 years .Like you said there is not going to be a long stretch of graffiti like you see in LA.Just not happening.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » July 31st, 2013, 11:40 am

My statements were based on what I'd seen using Google Map. I saw quite a bit of gang related graff in Sunset Park - Soldados 42, Chicano Nation, others - Brighton Beach - Escuadron/Panchitos, La Raza - Brownsville - Crips, Bloods, new school gangs like 8 Block and Smoove Gang - Queens - La 13, Chemos, Rollin' 20's. I even saw some Black Spades and Peacemakers graffiti in the South Bronx. Obviously Google Map isn't the most detailed way to study graffiti but I saw enough to get a general idea.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » August 2nd, 2013, 9:17 am

Check out the 162 and Ogden area in the BX you might see some Crip hit ups around there

also there's a lil park on 162 and Woodycrest a block over with a cool RIP piece.

dubbel
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: Malmoe

Unread post by dubbel » August 2nd, 2013, 12:30 pm

I saw Rollin 60s written in pretty small letters with a marker on the subway station beneath Times Square when I was in New York back in 2010.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » August 29th, 2013, 8:27 pm

PCS (Panchitos) gang and Raza Loca gang alliance
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » August 29th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Sorry about that. Try this one:

Google Map - 912 42nd Street Brooklyn (Sunset Park)

S42 = Soldados de la 42
RL = Raza Loca
CB = Crazy Boys

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » September 1st, 2013, 1:31 am

Google Map - 2973 Brighton 6th Street, New York (Brighton Beach, Bklyn)

Scuadron
Panchitos
Raza Loca
Coney Island Warriors

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » September 9th, 2013, 8:21 am

good example of brighton beach south brooklyn hit ups. here are some from all the way across brooklyn in bushwick, in a very heavily gentrified area. RZL crossing out WxC Wild Chicanos.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Tortille ... i3dr1xII2g

Here are some pretty cool murals from Bushwick:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=187+Suyd ... ie109cItKw
mural goes all the way around the school

Know Your Rights Mural
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=187+Suyd ... fsR8i8v3eg