Los Angeles Gangs in New York

Discuss gangs in the Northeast section of the US in the following states; Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island & Vermont.
Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Los Angeles Gangs in New York

Unread post by Tatta » February 22nd, 2004, 8:33 pm

lb516 wrote:ROFL AT THIS THREAD...
I'm with lb...this is quite amusing.

Pasa
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pasa » February 23rd, 2004, 12:21 am

lb516 wrote:ROFL AT THIS THREAD...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :!: :!: LOLOLOLOL

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: crooklyn

Unread post by BG MLOCO » February 23rd, 2004, 3:35 pm

IN NYC IT IS MOSTLY WALKUP OR FIERCE SHOOT OUTS, RARELY DIVE BYS AND WE USE POWERFUL HAND GUNS AND A FEW MACHINE GUNZ RARELY SHOTGUNS

ETGC 4 LIFE 3X

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » February 23rd, 2004, 4:20 pm

G bka C.rum wrote:Do they bang in N.Y like in Cali. Like drive-bys shootings and using 12-gauges and Assault rifles. I always had the impression N.Y. was basically using hand guns and walk up shootings.

very rarely will u c assault rifles bein used

jayo7

Unread post by jayo7 » February 23rd, 2004, 7:22 pm

I usually just read here but this article pretty much sums of nyc gangs:

Ride the 7 train, the "Orient Express," through Queens from Long Island City to Flushing, and you might as well be circumnavigating the globe. According to the 2000 census, 36 percent of all New Yorkers are foreign-born—up from 28.4 percent in 1990—and the epicenter of this immigration explosion is Queens, which is now the most ethnically diverse county in the country. Historically, such massive immigration, cramped living quarters, and poverty have always spawned street gangs, as young male newcomers banded together to fight more entrenched groups for turf and, of course, honor.

The fifties saw "rumbles"—pitched street battles between the switchblade gangs, immortalized by the fictional Puerto Rican Sharks and Anglo Jets of West Side Story; in the sixties, the black Jolly Stompers held sway in Brownsville, Brooklyn; and the mostly Latino Savage Nomads prowled the South Bronx in the early seventies. But what gangs are battling for turf now? Are Colombians jousting with Chinese and Koreans for control of the parks and playgrounds of Flushing?

By all accounts, the answer is no. "The gang situation in New York is under control," says Inspector William Tartaglia, head of the Gang Division of the New York City Police Department. According to Tartaglia, there are several thousand Latin Kings still spread throughout the five boroughs (they suffered a massive takedown in May 1998, when scores of Kings and Queens were put away for long stretches), along with a loose array of Bloods wannabes and a smattering of new ethnic gangs. But when it comes to large numbers, group loyalty, and active criminality, today's gangs of New York are limp and demoralized, if not completely clueless. "Sometimes," says Captain Charles Alifano, also of the Gang Division, "we pick up a kid who identifies himself as a Blood, and we have to tell him which pocket he's supposed to have his red handkerchief in."

The Bloods and Crips have been able to maintain L.A.'s status as the drive-by-shooting capital of the world, and the mega-street gangs of Chicago like the Gangster Disciples and Vice Lords continue to flourish. So where have all the New York gangs gone? Ric Curtis, an anthropology professor at John Jay College, suggests that urban renewal has helped speed the demise of the ethnic gang in New York: "So many neighborhoods were destroyed, there was nothing left to fight over." Curtis points out that West Side Story was about a battle over land that is now Lincoln Center. He also notes that this has been compounded by the fact that many new arrivals are too savvy to move into the notorious inner-city neighborhoods that have traditionally served as immigrant portals: "You simply couldn't sell the South Bronx to the Eastern Europeans."

Ethnographers like Curtis also speculate that the heroin epidemic of the seventies and the crack boom of the eighties actually weakened the ethnic street gangs. With the demand for drugs came corporate-style drug-selling organizations, and for young men in New York's poorest areas, the lure of fast money quickly replaced neighborhood fealty and gang affiliation. Members of the New York Bloods, modeled after but not affiliated with the West Coast version, have been known to change their gang affiliation when it suits them—an act unheard of on the West Coast. "They are just drug-dealing crews that try to capitalize on the name," explains an NYPD detective. Indeed, the gang, such as it is, cuts across ethnic lines. There are Latino Bloods, and even white Bloods, to be found in Staten Island.

Integration, apparently, isn't healthy for gang culture. The general trend toward diversity in popular culture, where white and Asian hip-hop fans do their best very best to imitate inner-city minorities, has further pushed the ethnic street gang toward obsolescence. Fifty years ago, Eminem might have led a white gang against black youth from across town. Now he's in heavy rotation on Hot 97.

But according to Tartaglia and other police experts, the real reason gangs are disappearing is the NYPD Gang Division. The division, 300 strong, gathers intelligence from local detective squads, precinct cops, and informants. When it picks up a rumor of a gang fight from school security or learns of an assault where a gang name was used, it saturates the area with uniformed officers and detectives. "You can't have a gang behind closed doors. You have to be in the streets, and that's where we put our people," Tartaglia says. "We show up and we keep coming back."

But while New York may be experiencing a lull in gang activity, that's no reason to get comfortable. "Unfortunately, gang affiliation is on the rise in our high schools," says Norbert Davidson of the Department of Education School Safety and Planning. Predictably, the activity parallels immigration patterns. A group that calls itself DDP—for Dominicans Don't Play—has carved out some territory in Washington Heights and the Bronx. Caribbean-immigrant youths, while not forming their own gangs, have been drawn into the Crips. (According to Davidson, a high-school youth may be wearing a Calvin Klein shirt to make a fashion statement. Or he might be sending another kind of message. "If a vertical line is drawn through the c, it means the student is a Blood, a 'Crip killer.'") There is even a group of Yugoslavian, Albanian, and Pakistani boys who call themselves YAPS.

But as another indicator of New York's diminished status as a gang incubator, instead of starting in the mean streets of the city and spreading to the suburbs, as gangs like the Jolly Stompers did in the sixties, many of the new street gangs of New York City, like MS-13, which started among young Salvadoran construction workers and landscapers in Nassau and Suffolk counties, have traveled in the opposite direction. MS-13 members can now be found in Corona, Queens, and Parkchester in the Bronx. Their colors are blue and white—same as the Salvadoran flag. On Long Island, they are involved in a murderous feud with SWP—Salvadorans With Pride.

Some have estimated the number of Mexican gangs at 30, but both police and sociologists play down their significance, pointing out that the new gangs don't have nearly the numbers or the organization that the Latin Kings or even the Ñetas had five years ago. Instead of warring with rival ethnic groups, the Mexican gangs most often end up fighting with other Mexicans. "They'll invade a wedding or a baptism," explains Tartaglia. It's just like crashing a party, except sometimes the violence turns deadly. In August, 10-year-old Malenny Mendez was struck by a stray bullet allegedly fired by one of a group of ten Saint James Boys who had shown up uninvited at a baptism. According to police, the Saint James Boys named themselves after a park on Jerome Avenue in the Bronx and are an offshoot of an older West Side Manhattan gang known as Los Traveosos, "the Troublemakers."

In warm weather, small groups of Mexican gang members gather around the benches of Sunset Park to drink beer and gaze across the harbor at the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline. If recent trends hold, the gangbangers of the future will be organized around neither neighborhood nor the ethnicity they hold so dear. They don't know it, but these thugs may soon be as anachronistic as the Bowery Boys.

Digital_Designs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Digital_Designs » February 24th, 2004, 12:29 am

Im just wondering how you can claim a hood thats on the other side of the country that you have never seen.....

FUSNOWMAN
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by FUSNOWMAN » February 24th, 2004, 1:18 pm

Crips/Bloods in New york City are not like their counterpart in L.A
i'm from New York City, you don't hear a lot about the crips/bloods in NYC.
The only time i heard about a gang was the "Bloods" going around slashing ppl or i think it was...that was the only time i heard about the bloods. Yeah, this was during my last year in junior high. Anyone from LOS ANGELES should come to New york City and you don't hear anything from crips/bloods. i know i've lived in NYC for a long time. i've never heard a crip cappin a blood or blood cappin a crip. It's all talks...

P.S i live in Queens and theirs no crips/bloods and crip/blood shooting

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » February 24th, 2004, 3:32 pm

FUSNOWMAN wrote:Crips/Bloods in New york City are not like their counterpart in L.A
The only time i heard about a gang was the "Bloods" going around slashing ppl or i think it was...that was the only time i heard about the bloods. Yeah, this was during my last year in junior high. Anyone from LOS ANGELES should come to New york City and you don't hear anything from crips/bloods. i know i've lived in NYC for a long time. i've never heard a crip cappin a blood or blood cappin a crip. It's all talks...

homie so if u live in nyc u should also know that the mighty nypd tries to downplay gangs in nyc also y would they put a gang murder on tv if dey tryin 2 downplay it. u must have lived in the suburbs or sumthin

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » February 24th, 2004, 3:32 pm

or just have no connection 2 the hood

Shadygrayloc823

Unread post by Shadygrayloc823 » February 24th, 2004, 5:18 pm

FUSNOWMAN wrote:Crips/Bloods in New york City are not like their counterpart in L.A

Lol you full of S***. Talking nonsense listen blindman since you from qnz leave mommy and daddy car home just for one day( can you handle that). take the train and i'm not talking bout no LIRR either, go to South ozone area, jamaica area, pomonok pjs, qnzbridge area and even other places like the Ave and you are guaranteed to see a gangbanger.
Manhatten you have- Harlem, L.E.S, washington heights. Brooklyn majority of the damn boro Pretty much C or B reppin.You probably have no knowledge of whats going on around you at all talking like that.

Shadygrayloc823

Unread post by Shadygrayloc823 » February 24th, 2004, 5:19 pm

Lol you full of S***. Talking nonsense listen blindman since you from qnz leave mommy and daddy car home just for one day( can you handle that). take the train and i'm not talking bout no LIRR either, go to South ozone area, jamaica area, pomonok pjs, qnzbridge area and even other places like the Ave and you are guaranteed to see a gangbanger.
Manhatten you have- Harlem, L.E.S, washington heights.Long Island banging, Brooklyn majority of the damn boro Pretty much C or B reppin.You probably have no knowledge of whats going on around you at all talking like that.

FUSNOWMAN
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by FUSNOWMAN » February 24th, 2004, 5:50 pm

please!! i live in Jamaica Queens(hollis)... i've been to Brooklyn , bronx and manhattan(esp washington heights which i must admit is not place to be at night)

so tell me how the crips and bloods started in NYC? since i'm way behind everybody and don't tell me an O.G from cali started some sets.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » February 24th, 2004, 8:06 pm

I HEARD THE FIRST TO COME WAS BLOODS AND THEY ALL GOT INITIATED THRU CORRECTIONAL FACILITYZ , THE UBN WAS DEEP IN THE EAST COAST JAIL SYSTEM AND EVERYTIME A YOUNG NIGGA WOULD ENTER THE SYSTEM HE WOULD COME OUT FLAMIN AND GO back TO HIS PROJECT A RECRUIT THE LOCAL YOUNGSTAZ , THE UBN STARTED THAT THRU THE JAIL

Shadygrayloc823

Unread post by Shadygrayloc823 » February 24th, 2004, 8:07 pm

FUSNOWMAN wrote:please!! i live in Jamaica Queens(hollis)... i've been to Brooklyn , bronx and manhattan(esp washington heights which i must admit is not place to be at night)

so tell me how the crips and bloods started in NYC? since i'm way behind everybody and don't tell me an O.G from cali started some sets.

what the F*** you mean don't tell you O.G.z from cali started it. The sets here has to link to cali sets fool and yes My OG is from cali so what are you saying cali sets members came to the east coast and branching off their sets out here in the early 90's, like '92, '93. BLoods in NYC started in Rikers Island. Anywayz I feel no need to feed you knowledge , why are you even in these forums for if your such a gangbanging critic blindman.

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » February 24th, 2004, 8:32 pm

FUSNOWMAN wrote:please!! i live in Jamaica Queens(hollis)... i've been to Brooklyn , bronx and manhattan(esp washington heights which i must admit is not place to be at night)

wow homie u dont live in hollis. hollis is packed with bloods , crips, and folks, and black p stone. now i know for sure u neva came outside

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » February 24th, 2004, 8:33 pm

this guy is ignorant and is obviously blind. dont write anymore to him

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BG MLOCO » February 25th, 2004, 8:44 am

YO FUSNOMAN COME TO MY HOOD CYPRESS HILL PROJECTS IN EAST NEW YORK BROOLYN, SUTTER AVE MY SIDE AND WEAR ALL RED OR EVEN ALL BLUE AND U WILL GET CAUGHT UP IN SOME S*** ANY WAY MY HOOD IS AK ED ANY BODY KILLA AND EVERYBODY KILLA, AND TO BG CASPER THE B-DOGS STARTED IN RIKERS ISLAND AND THEIR EVERYWHRE NOW AND THEY HELLA DEPP MY PART OF BKLYN EAST NEW YORK IS FULL OF DAMUS BUT ME AND MY LOCS HANDLE OUR BUSINESS AND WE LIVING SO U KNOW WHO IS KEEPING IT REAL, CASPER THEIR IS THIS SET IN BROWNVILLE BROOKLYN NAMED SOUTH SIDE CRIP GANG THEY CLAIM TO BE AN OFF SHOOT OF UR SET IN COMPTON DO U KNOW ABOUT THIS HOLLA AIGGHT 1

ETGC 4 LIFE 3X

FUSNOWMAN
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by FUSNOWMAN » February 25th, 2004, 12:22 pm

if you claim theirs crip or blood...than fine! gotta repect that than, but still i don't see any crip/blood in hollis or i'm just blind.

john Doe red

Unread post by john Doe red » February 25th, 2004, 3:18 pm

AYO I LIVE IN VA BUT I'M FROM HARLEM NYC I HAVEN'T BEEN HOME IN ABOUT 1 YEAR AND HALF. DOWN HERE IT'S JUST NOW GETTING STARTED,BUT I WANTED 2 KNOW WHAT BLOOD SETS R IN HARLEM? PLEASE TELL ME, ALSO WHERE AT, HATE 2 SOUND CRAZY BUT I GOTTA SEED AND I AIN'T TRYING TO ME OR MY SEED BLASTED.

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » February 25th, 2004, 3:51 pm

FUSNOWMAN wrote:if you claim theirs crip or blood...than fine! gotta repect that than, but still i don't see any crip/blood in hollis or i'm just blind.
where u frum in hollis? do u know any one in hollis?

FUSNOWMAN
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by FUSNOWMAN » February 25th, 2004, 7:35 pm

i'm two block away from P.S 95...thats all u need to know
i know a lot of ppl but they aint no gangmember.

BG MLOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BG MLOCO » March 1st, 2004, 9:38 am

IN HARLEM 93 GANGSTA B-DOGS( THEY FAKE ASS HELL)
59 BRIM
MOB PIRU
BLACK P STONE
GANGSTA KILLA BLOOD

AND TO FUNS IN HOLLIS THIS IS PROBABLY NO BANGERS BUT IN CROOKLYN WE ARE EVERYWHERE

ETGC 4 LIFE 3X

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 15th, 2004, 11:26 am

R-Tistic wrote:
BG MLOCO wrote:THERE IS MAD LA SETS OUT HERE IN NYC

CRIPS
83 GANGSTAS( MY SET THE MOST NOTORIOUS)
52 HOOVERS
59 HOOVERS
83 HOOVERS
111 NHC
55 NHC
67 NHC
PAYBACC CRIPS
SHOT GUN CRIPS
SOUTH SIDE CRIP GANG
SANTANNA BLOCC
GRAPE STREET
ROLLING 20'S
ROLLING 30'S
ROLLING 60'S
MAIN STREET MAFIA
EAST COAST 62

THE REST OF THE CRIPS SET ARE OOFSHOOTS OF THESE AND THERE IS TOO MANY TO NAME
PAYBACC AND SHOTGUN?!!????!?? WTF???????? woooooooow.....on the real I doubt they are real. I'll ask one of the OGs and I bet they'll prolly be like "it could be Shotguns in NY, I don't know, I never heard of em"
u forGot some sets suCh like:
Geer GanG(my set)
52 bkroadway GanGsta
74 hoover
palmer bkloCC
i just named a Couple that u forGot

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » March 18th, 2004, 9:57 pm

CRIPS
52 HOOVERS
59 HOOVERS
83 HOOVERS
111 NHC
55 NHC
67 NHC
PAYBACC CRIPS
SHOT GUN CRIPS
SOUTH SIDE CRIP GANG
SANTANNA BLOCC
GRAPE STREET
ROLLING 20'S
ROLLING 30'S
ROLLING 60'S
MAIN STREET MAFIA
EAST COAST 62

homie where the 67nhc, rollin 20s, main street mafia, and62 east coast sets c at in the nyc?

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » March 18th, 2004, 9:57 pm

CRIPS
52 HOOVERS
59 HOOVERS
83 HOOVERS
111 NHC
55 NHC
67 NHC
PAYBACC CRIPS
SHOT GUN CRIPS
SOUTH SIDE CRIP GANG
SANTANNA BLOCC
GRAPE STREET
ROLLING 20'S
ROLLING 30'S
ROLLING 60'S
MAIN STREET MAFIA
EAST COAST 62

homie where the 67nhc, rollin 20s, main street mafia, and62 east coast sets c at in the nyc?

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » March 18th, 2004, 10:01 pm

773rule wrote:
R-Tistic wrote:

CRIPS
52 HOOVERS
59 HOOVERS
83 HOOVERS
111 NHC
55 NHC
67 NHC
PAYBACC CRIPS
SHOT GUN CRIPS
SOUTH SIDE CRIP GANG
SANTANNA BLOCC
GRAPE STREET
ROLLING 20'S
ROLLING 30'S
ROLLING 60'S
MAIN STREET MAFIA
EAST COAST 62

PAYBACC AND SHOTGUN?!!????!?? WTF???????? woooooooow.....on the real I doubt they are real. I'll ask one of the OGs and I bet they'll prolly be like "it could be Shotguns in NY, I don't know, I never heard of em"
Geer GanG(my set)
52 bkroadway GanGsta
74 hoover
palmer bkloCC

homie where the geer gang homies, 52bgc, and palmer blocc sets at in nyc and how deep are these setz?

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 19th, 2004, 6:00 am

Q wrote:
773rule wrote:
R-Tistic wrote:

CRIPS
52 HOOVERS
59 HOOVERS
83 HOOVERS
111 NHC
55 NHC
67 NHC
PAYBACC CRIPS
SHOT GUN CRIPS
SOUTH SIDE CRIP GANG
SANTANNA BLOCC
GRAPE STREET
ROLLING 20'S
ROLLING 30'S
ROLLING 60'S
MAIN STREET MAFIA
EAST COAST 62

Geer GanG(my set)
52 bkroadway GanGsta
74 hoover
palmer bkloCC

homie where the geer gang homies, 52bgc, and palmer blocc sets at in nyc and how deep are these setz?
-the main niCCa's in Geers C over in the bkronx around fordham road(the rest of us iz sCattered around nyC)
-the 52bGC C at the top of kinGs bkridGe
-the palmer bkloCC Compton Crips C in bkrookyln (i met a pbCC niCCa around thats What he told me

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » March 19th, 2004, 8:51 am

wheres kings bridge in the bronx?

FlipXL

Unread post by FlipXL » March 19th, 2004, 3:39 pm

kingsbride is near fordam and it runs from fordam all the way to brodawy ova by the 1 and 9 train

lb516
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lb516 » March 19th, 2004, 3:54 pm

so 773 tell me who runs st james and poe parks? LOL

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 20th, 2004, 7:37 am

lb516 wrote:so 773 tell me who runs st james and poe parks? LOL
i dont knoW who runs those 2 parks Cuzz i dont C Chillin over there but When i pass bky them this iz What i see

poe park: usualy empty but sumtimes theirs a Whole bkunCh of kids playin footbkall or ridin their bkikes in that bkiG open area of the park

st james: When i pass throW there i C little kids in the playGround area and then i C bkloods smoKin Weed on the bkenChes or bkloods playin Ball in the Courts

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » March 20th, 2004, 7:44 am

Q wrote:wheres kings bridge in the bronx?
yeah it's in the bkronx
if u Walk all the Way up kinGsbkridGe it'll Get Cut off(dead end)
the street that Cuts it off iz bkroadWay
When u Get 2 bkroadWay if u turn left u'll C that bkridGe that goes from bkronx 2 mannhaton and u'll C the hudson river(i think thats the HUDSON RIVER......i'm not fully sure..lol