Scotland gangs

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Scotland gangs

Unread post by NW10 » March 31st, 2005, 2:46 pm

Can anyone enlighten us on the current state of Gangs in Glasgow?

yassa

Re: Scotland gangs

Unread post by yassa » April 9th, 2005, 4:11 pm

well in the past two weeks a 7 year old somthin like tht was shot with a pellet gun, and died, this was in the area of Easterhouse, known for gang trouble, another was shot a few days ago but managed to survive, pellet was lodged into skull. You see these "neds" all the time, walkin down the street, everywhere, mostly wearing the merapeak jackets

Reb

Glasgow gang website

Unread post by Reb » June 19th, 2005, 3:33 pm

Go to members.lycos.co.uk/eggypeggy this is the homepage of the well known glasgow gang Young Springburn Peg (Y.S.P) if that does'nt work then check out http://www.glasgowsuvival.co.uk that got some great links

d.w.c

Unread post by d.w.c » August 9th, 2005, 3:59 pm

Hey all, new here. I'm from Kirriemuir, Scotland and gang violence is just as bad here in the small towns. This weekend my mate Ally was stabbed just for being lazy.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 11th, 2005, 3:44 am

Braek it down for me - I'm interested to know how Glasgow 'Teams' / gangs operate - history to the present? Never been to Scotland, but heard bare stuff. Also how would it be for a man of colour, racism etc?

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » September 1st, 2005, 5:20 pm

Glasgow, Murder Capital of Western Europe in 2003 with 81 Murders, 41 commited with a sharp instrument (city has a very big knife culture).

Glasgow Infirmary treated 1100 serious stab wounds last year. I have just been to Glasgow, the city centre is of a great contrast to the inner city residential areas which can be very bleak. Tonight i have just seen a documentary on the city which mentioned some gangs and said there were 200 in the city.

Does anyone know how these gangs in the Gorbals work?

South Side Stickers, Dirty Dozen, Hammer Boys, Cumbies, Cyto

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » September 2nd, 2005, 7:50 am

I was watching some documentary on Bravo about hard towns/cities and it was all about Glasgow.....they showed a heavy gang map of all the different gangs locations in the city...I was hoping they'd have it up on the Bravo site but I cant find it

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » September 2nd, 2005, 9:39 am

^^^ im not sure how accurate that gang map was but here is the full list, all the ones i could make out from the bravo documentary were on this list:

http://glasgowgangs.freewebspace.com/custom2.html

The other cities in the series i saw was Bristol, Nottingham, Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool. Liverpool one was best one, Bristol one was pretty good too.

Avoid the Worlds Most Dangerous Gang programme on Bravo cos it is shit, i saw the crips on there and i dont think the people interviewed were taking it seriously. That programme was shit.

Boris
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Boris » September 6th, 2005, 8:02 am

Get me lol, those Deadliest Gangs programs were a straight joke

They did one on Bristol? What was it about?

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » September 7th, 2005, 6:40 am

No they didnt do a world's deadliest gangs programme on Bristol. They did a britains toughest towns documentary on Bristol which basically was just narration of all the events already highlighted in the media like the Aggi Crew and Black and Cafe incidents etc...

Those documentaries are quite good.

But yeah the World's Deadliest Gangs documentaries are shite, absolute joke. I watched one about crips and they interviewed an ambulance driver and im sure he was taking the piss "i like it when there are shootings in LA it makes my job fun" loads of ridiculous comments like these.

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » October 13th, 2007, 1:14 am

Full topic is a load a shite.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » November 5th, 2007, 1:29 pm

I saw a news story recently on Glasgow gangs that said there were 70 gang related homicides in Glasgow last year. That's pretty bad for a city of that size. I was surprised. That's much worse that London. Did the yardies ever do that much damge in one year?

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » November 6th, 2007, 2:57 am

Glasgow — Population: 578,790

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » November 6th, 2007, 4:07 am

Nope, yardies never did that kind of damage. Though yardies had a fearsome reputation, their main aim was drugs supply and distribution, so anything kicking off would be between competing drugs crews, so in that way it was limited to particular groups - that and more recently, bosses from back in Jamaica ordered shooting to stop in places like London because it was bad for business - yardies still distribute all over the country. Plus, British born youths began to take over the roads from yardies this centuary, mimiking their ruthless style and bringing it back to them. Right noww in South London, police are concerned a war is about to break out between a Jamiacan yardie crew and a British streetgang (a man of 35 killed others injured in a drive by in Streatham a week or so back).

Glasgow is old school hard man, honour and toe to toe man, a different flex entirely!

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » November 6th, 2007, 4:32 am

Since were talkin aboot Yardies, Theres a Glasgow newspaper called The Digger n its morealess about the goings on in Glasgows underworld, They bit about a Yardie gang settin up sellin crack up in a scheme in the North of the city, Place called Sighthill which is jst a scheme of high rse flats, packin with refugees etc, Dont think they gave a name for them though.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » November 6th, 2007, 9:29 am

And thats it with yardies right now...even beginning distribution of crack in Glasgow - I knew they reached to Wales and other places I wouldn't have imagined, but have heard they are moving to Scotland - but those guys won't be out for wars with any of Glasgow's Teams as I understand it (and 'yardies' are generally older man than Young Team players), because they'll be concentrating on making thier paper from shifting crack, and trying to keep out of troubles way (nasty community destroying mother suckers that they are doing that dirty business). I mean hell, Glasgows got enough problems with smack on the shemes, don't need crack all over too, but hey, its the modern world.....

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » November 6th, 2007, 11:51 am

Just at matter of time before one of the Familys from North Glasgow have summin to say, Maybe they work out a buisness siuation cause drug gangs have enough beef with each other at the moment.

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » November 6th, 2007, 11:53 am

When people ask me about gangs in Glasgow who are foreign they find it extremely hard to beleive that all the gangs are white lol.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » November 7th, 2007, 8:00 am

I understand that, because to many Americans, they will assume that gangs equal black or brown peeps, but glasgow's gangs are made up of the youth who live thier, white youths. But its never about ethnicity and always about the conditions, traditions and history of a place. A very different story to anything in the states.

shad0w7

Unread post by shad0w7 » December 21st, 2007, 8:10 am

one thing i want to mention is that there are a lot of foreign gangs starting to move in, especially the Triads. the triads have big bases in england, wo sing wo and 14K, and they've already a huge street fight in sauchihall street a couple of years ago over this territory. the triads are also gaining more control over the cannabis industry here, amongst other things, so it looks like these ned gangs will be irrelevant when the triads start flexing their muscles.

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » December 21st, 2007, 9:36 am

I Heard about that fight around Princess square? When the police arrived after they found somethin like 50 samarauis just lyin on the ground

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » December 21st, 2007, 9:36 am

After they had been and gone i meant**

shad0w7

Unread post by shad0w7 » December 21st, 2007, 10:14 am

yeah, i dont know what happened after the fight, but i did hear they were using knives and swords. i also think a shot was fired to signal the start the fight? anyway, does anybody else know in detail about the triads in glasgow, cos they seem very secretive and you dont really see them hanging around or anything. (although i suppose they are organised and wouldnt do that anyway.)

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » January 28th, 2008, 12:02 pm

Glasgow gangsters wont allow the yardies to get a foothold in the city.They are more ruthless.Remember the bullet up the ass method that became known as the Glasgow goodbye.There is a dispatches programme on tonight about teen gangs in london and glasgow.

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » January 29th, 2008, 9:02 am

That programm was such a joke, dunno about the London parts but the Glasgow parts were just talkin to 13/14 year olds.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » January 29th, 2008, 9:38 am

Aye true,the london bit was rubbish as well.

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » January 29th, 2008, 2:47 pm

you from glasgow dinky ?

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » January 29th, 2008, 5:01 pm

Naw,Dumbarton r u.

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » January 29th, 2008, 6:46 pm

Aye, East end a Glesga

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » January 30th, 2008, 10:19 am

BADLANDS,HAIL! HAIL!

9Caliber
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 9Caliber » February 2nd, 2008, 10:08 am

The funny thing is that they all fight each other for a laugh
They say theres nothing else to do on a friday night

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » February 2nd, 2008, 12:17 pm

9Caliber wrote:The funny thing is that they all fight each other for a laugh
They say theres nothing else to do on a friday night
So come here my Scottish friends, and we can fight together.

Hahah, just playing. It seems there's many similarities between Finnish and Scottish cultures when it comes to drinking, fighting, and knifing.