Scotland gangs

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Scotland gangs

Unread post by Invincible » December 15th, 2003, 11:31 pm

scotland is the knife capital of europe, unfortunately------- an estimated 50% of under 30 yr old males in glasgow carry an illegal knife

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Scotland

Unread post by Q » February 4th, 2004, 12:27 am

wow

T~

Unread post by T~ » February 11th, 2004, 4:25 pm

yeah but they are mainly for show an most never get used

Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loyalheart » April 15th, 2004, 4:07 pm

yeah i'll agree alot is for show,but alot of these young teams will stab you for stupid stuff.West scotland has a serious knife culture goin on,maybe not as bad as the 60,s but still bad enough

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » April 15th, 2004, 7:18 pm

lucky for themselves that they dont have Access to Guns..

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 15th, 2004, 7:19 pm

JuniorX wrote:lucky for themselves that they dont have Access to Guns..
Where would they pack them, in their stockings or skirts?

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 15th, 2004, 7:34 pm

isnt that where they cut your cheeks open and let em blow like whistles while they keep your mouth shut? i heard that somewhere

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 17th, 2004, 1:45 pm

Capo wrote:isnt that where they cut your cheeks open and let em blow like whistles while they keep your mouth shut? i heard that somewhere
Damn..where you hear that?

Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loyalheart » April 23rd, 2004, 1:22 pm

here are some gangs in glasgow,i don't know if some are still around,but these are still some of the most well known.
REDSKINS- various areas not connected
REAL CALTON TONGS
APACHE
CYTO -various areas
BOWERY
GOVAN TEAM
POWERY
BISON
DUKE STREET FIRM
BALTIC FLEET
BAL TOI

NO SURRENDER

T~

Unread post by T~ » April 23rd, 2004, 2:05 pm

what are their numbers?

Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loyalheart » April 23rd, 2004, 2:35 pm

Haven't got a clue,some can be as low as 15 the thing is there is so many gangs in a small city, so there numbers aren't usually that big some maybe have 50 at the most regulary meeting up to fight other gangs but thats only a few of the teams.

NO SURRENDER

Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loyalheart » May 7th, 2004, 9:04 am

like i said on another thread glasgow has just been givin the title of, murder capital of western europe. there has been 17 or 18 murders in the first three months alot to do with shootings

NO SURRENDER

T~

Unread post by T~ » May 7th, 2004, 1:11 pm

Loyalheart wrote:like i said on another thread glasgow has just been givin the title of, murder capital of western europe. there has been 17 or 18 murders in the first three months alot to do with shootings
so are guns starting to replace knifes?

Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loyalheart » May 7th, 2004, 6:07 pm

i think this maybe organised rather than your typical street gang

jimmy_tee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Scotland gangs

Unread post by jimmy_tee » June 8th, 2004, 12:48 am

Tom, all these street gangs are called NEDS, Non-Educated Deliquents.
They will stab as quick as they'll look at you and mostly all they're after is 20p, however often they'll threaten you with 'wot i fin on ya is for keeps'
Not scottish myself (Australian) i have been to Glasgow and have seen grown men (and these Scots are GROWN) walk away from NED groups.
Often the NED groups are so big, usually only like a bunch of mates from the same estate. They'll usually hang around in groups 10 to 20.
You should look up the nightclub 'Bonkers' in Glasgow.
it was the voted the most dangerous nightclub in the whole of Europe
and its an underage venue.............

Se

Unread post by Se » June 8th, 2004, 9:48 am

I would definatly agree that the under-18 nightclubs are 50 times more dangerous. I'm from Ireland and I remember when I used to go to the under-18s a few years ago, it was like a war zone. It was "non-Alcoholic" but all the kids were either twisted drunk, high on estacy or both. This wasn't even in a city, it was kinda out in the middle of no-where but all the youths from the surrounding towns and cities used to come, for the girls and the fights. The club would hold about 4000 people but some nights, at the holidays there would be around 6000 there, completly jammed wall to wall.

I'v seen some serious fights, with bats, belt buckles, bottles and knives and these youths would be between 13 to 17 years of age, some times a group of 50 people on 50 from a different town. I remember a few people got stabbed there. I watching from up-stairs one night, and counted, one group started 20 different fights in under 5 minutes!

But when I started to go there to an over-18 night, you'd hardly see a hand full of fights in a year. That under-age nightclub was completly mental.
Last edited by Se on June 20th, 2004, 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

jimmy_tee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jimmy_tee » June 11th, 2004, 1:45 am

yeah they're cracking down on those nights. Bonkers is now closed...thank god.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » June 16th, 2004, 9:55 pm

I remenber seeing a good movie about the tongs in glasgow,based in the 70s i think...nasty,vicious fvckers.Thank god they never had guns eh.

Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loyalheart » June 20th, 2004, 12:47 pm

yeah i remember that film,think it was called small faces or the faces something like that.yeah the tongs were well known

NO SURRENDER

Twinnee

Unread post by Twinnee » August 13th, 2004, 4:34 am

i'm from glasgow, stayed here all my days, and yeah its a rough place when your in an area where you don't know no one. Fuck, its even pretty rough in your own area sometimes but fuck it, thats life.

The knife culture around here is horrific and lately theres been a lot of underworld shooting since a well known gangster was killed.

I was in the (Pollok) 21 Krew when i was younger and we fought with the Young Team and The Kross.

There used to be running battles between the gangs hundreds of us all tooled up with bats, blades, hammers, axes, swords, bottles n shit like that.

anywayz........

laters

Storm
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Storm » August 13th, 2004, 5:28 am

JuniorX wrote:lucky for themselves that they dont have Access to Guns..
Despite the UK gun laws being quite strict guns are begining to get more common out here - possibly (and this is just a theory) a lot of the guns from the Irish 'conflict'/'situation'/latest word of the week have got to go somewhere now that there's a peace there (uneasy maybe but peace non the less).

Up until the early mid 80's it was - and still is in some places - more likely you'd get knifed,glassed or beaten then shot - unless you're in Manchester, London, Birmingham etc (I dont know Scotland well enough
to comment)

Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loyalheart » August 25th, 2004, 4:19 am

i think most of the guns in this country come from eastern europe,and alot came after the balkans

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » August 26th, 2004, 4:01 pm

Loyalheart wrote:i think most of the guns in this country come from eastern europe,and alot came after the balkans
They come from Paramilitaries in Ulster

Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loyalheart » September 8th, 2004, 8:22 am

yeah i'll give you that one

Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loyalheart » October 18th, 2004, 7:21 pm

well the east end of glasgow is at it again a 28yr old man shot dead near his home, locals say the area he was shot suffers from gangs and believe this murder to be gang related

NO SURRENDER

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » October 26th, 2004, 3:40 pm

But are there any gangs in Edinburgh or Aberdeen?

Loyalheart
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Loyalheart » October 26th, 2004, 5:59 pm

Alright, i know edinbrough definetly has gangs , i'll get back to u with some of them, never really heard of any aberdeen gangs but i'm sure they will have some. will get some info and will be back soon

NO SURRENDER

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » October 28th, 2004, 1:53 am

Study finds fifth of 13-year-olds are in a gang

NICHOLAS CHRISTIAN

A MAJOR study of thousands of young people by Scottish researchers has revealed a fifth of 13-year-olds are members of gangs.

While a fifth of 13-year-olds were members of gangs, only 17% of those belonged to the most serious, organised gangs with names and a sign, such as Edinburgh gangs the Young Leith Team, Young Niddrie Terror or Bar Ox, from Oxgangs.

Members of organised gangs were typically boys from broken families and lower-class backgrounds. Gangs provided moral support, encouraging and excusing violence and other criminal activities, the study found.

"The most organised gang members reported being involved in about 30 incidents of delinquency on average over a year. Other gang members reported 20 incidents while non-gang members said they were involved in seven incidents," he said. "The types of delinquency ranged from low-level stuff like being rowdy on a street corner, to theft from home and school, up to housebreaking, joyriding and robbery."

MarkB

Unread post by MarkB » November 30th, 2004, 11:22 pm

Shit, I just posted in the Gangs In England thread. :o Not a great start as a n00b.

Anyone else noticed the massive increase in blue and red around Glasgow? I'm in the Gorbals and it's definitely showing here, if you work your way around the neds that is. Fucking idiots.

ags kings

Unread post by ags kings » December 7th, 2004, 5:22 pm

in glasgow its mostly run by neds like the possil boys,milton crew etc im from a v
crew called the ags kings so any torry boys her watch ya bak

muzzy

Unread post by muzzy » January 6th, 2005, 6:23 am

shit aberdeen is full of faggot neds as well, there isnt any real gangsters

ags kings

Unread post by ags kings » January 19th, 2005, 3:09 pm

aye m8 tat true but wats rele they diffrence between gangs of neds and gangsters exept from the clothing and organisashion like the crew im fae we aqint gangster but is still a gang round about 40 folk