What is with these english gangs with stupid names?

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
alan84

What is with these english gangs with stupid names?

Unread post by alan84 » April 18th, 2006, 1:12 pm

i.e the burger bar crew (id feel embarassed), the cheetham hillbillies etc.
Don't you wonder why Liverpool runs the drug trade in this country, they dont bother with these stupid gang names, they would prefer to make the big money deals than fight petty turf wars. Also why is it birmingham, nottingham, manchester etc all the gangs are black and some even asian.
Are you whites scared, in liverpool most of the drug dealers are white and families, although their is black, they mix with the white gangs.

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » April 18th, 2006, 2:57 pm

asians are coming up big in the drug scene in UK

whites have got their pussy chav gangs in every town, not the proper white gangs like in liverpool and other places

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 18th, 2006, 4:14 pm

niro wrote:asians are coming up big in the drug scene in UK

whites have got their pussy chav gangs in every town, not the proper white gangs like in liverpool and other places
Count your blessings they are not Islamic.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 18th, 2006, 5:58 pm

Weird names like the Bum Bixley Boys.......

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » April 19th, 2006, 8:17 am

Old Shatterhand wrote:
niro wrote:asians are coming up big in the drug scene in UK

Count your blessings they are not Islamic.
who's not islamic? i dnt get it

2Shae

Unread post by 2Shae » April 19th, 2006, 1:54 pm

There are no 'gangs' in Liverpool. Iv just written my dissertation on gnags in the UK, especially Manchester. As for the other gangs, the four main south-Manchester gangs kinda emulate the LA gangs. They take their name from where they operate, such as the 'Gooch Close Gang' coz they started on Gooch Close in Mosside, on the Alexandra Park Estate. And the Doddington started on Doddington Close, but used to be known as the Pepperhill Mob, coz they started in a pub/bar called the Pepperhill. The other two are called the Longsight Crew, and the Young Longsight Soldiers. only the YLSS and an offshoot of the Gooch, the Young Gooch get along.

trust me, these guys are for real. Iv been interviewing them! They are as hard as any other gang out there.

alan84

Unread post by alan84 » April 19th, 2006, 2:12 pm

There are no 'gangs' in Liverpool
I no liverpool gangsters just control the drugs in the uk (and probably europe). Although their is the odd few gangs, mostly kids like croxteth and norris green gangs at war at the moment.

2Shae

Unread post by 2Shae » April 22nd, 2006, 8:32 am

like I say, im not too sure, but there could be gangs in the tougher areas of Liverpool like Toxteth, Croxteth, Dingle and Huyton. but I could be wrong. Liverpool pretty much owns the cocaine trade in the UK.

alan84

Unread post by alan84 » April 22nd, 2006, 12:23 pm

and the heroin trade, liverpool is the major distribution point forheroin in the uk. theres probably loadsa drgu gangs in toxteth yes.

alan84

Unread post by alan84 » April 22nd, 2006, 12:25 pm

the only real gangs are drug gangs and these gang wars in liverpool are always about control of the drugs of a certain area. in 95 it was toxteth and dingle, 2001 netherley, 2003 everton and kirkdale, 2006 croxteth and norris green.

SPOOKY1_SURX3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

LOL

Unread post by SPOOKY1_SURX3 » May 21st, 2006, 3:54 pm

:lol: HAHAHAHAHA YOU GOT A POINT ABOUT SILLY NAMES IN BRITAN; MANY BRITISH STREET GANGS MAY HAVE ECCENTRIC AND UNCANNY TITLES BUT THEY SURE PUT IN WORK FOR THEIR SET... BUT THEN AGAIN I AGREE ON WEIRD NAMES! :lol: LET ME CONTRIBUTE TOO THE LIST FELLOWS:

SNAKE GANG

HOLY SMOKES

SOCCER HOLIGANS

YARDIES

CAMEL JOCKEYS - IVE HEARD THEYRE WITH FOLK NATION ALLIANCE; THEIR ACTUALLY AN SOUTH ASIAN STREET GANG. BUT WHAT PUZZLES ME IS THEIR UNUSUAL TITLE FOR THEIR CREW; THEY MUST GET MADE FUN OUT OF BY COUNTLESS NUMBERS OF PEOPLE; VERY HUMILIATING GANG NAME.

OPERATION TRIDENT

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » May 22nd, 2006, 2:54 am

yardies and snake gang aint stupid names

but yea camel jockeys is one of the most stupidest names i've heard for an asian gang, maybe they want ppl to make fun of it so they can start beef

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » June 2nd, 2006, 6:26 pm

Dont Really Get Stupid Names Up Here :lol:

In Glasgow I Mean

niro
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by niro » June 3rd, 2006, 3:57 am

I heard glasgow got big problem with asian gangs, that true?

Jinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jinky » June 5th, 2006, 6:40 pm

Thats Lies.

2Shae

Unread post by 2Shae » July 4th, 2006, 3:40 am

well for a kick off, the gangs in Glasgow have been around for ages, mainly white guys, such as the Duke St Gang etc ... the gangs in Liverpool are big drugs pushers although youth gangs have been appearing such as the KRS (Kensington Riot Squad) their grafitti can be seen in Liverpool.

The Gooch Gang in Manchester originate from the street which they formed, Gooch Close ... much like the Piru's in LA. also the Doddington (came form Doddington Close)

other gangs in London for example are Asian and into money laundering and drugs. such as the Brick Lane Massiv.

I agree that the "Camel Jockeys" is a bit silly, but iv never heard fo them, they dont really beef like the LA gangs.

Angryblackman86
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Angryblackman86 » September 23rd, 2006, 1:10 pm

Id Like to know about the Jamaicans Gangs alittle info about them, what theyre involved in or even what level most r at!

Street Gang or Organized !

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » September 23rd, 2006, 1:37 pm

Just to say Operation Trident is the name of the police operation to combat gun crime in the black community. And Soccer Hooigans arn't streetgangs. Yardy is a wide angled term - it could just mean 'someone from back a yard (backhome)' or as a term used for Jamaican criminals by the media, adopted back by the crims themselves. And some 'Yardies', or Jamaican nationals who live off crime, form posses and crews to do their business, but don't run in streetgangs as such like the US thing. But thats not to say some Jamaican nationals don't move with man dem sets, they do, just to say broadly speaking 'yardies' are Jamaican nationals who commit crime - theirs no organisation of 'Yardie', like the mafia exists as an organisation. Its smaller groups acting for themselves in the main.

True about wierd names though.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 23rd, 2006, 1:53 pm

What else do you expect from a group of white bois? And its not just the English... Look at some of the gangs out here in LA... "True Blunt Smokin Niggas Only Gang" "Pimp Hustla Gang" "Bitches and Blunts Gang" these are all legitimate hoods in LA... So let that speak for itself. Its not just you Europeans... Trust that and believe. But I must admit, that 'Cheeseburger Gang' or whatever the fuck Dude was speakin on, sounds so juvenile its pitiful.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » September 23rd, 2006, 5:18 pm

None of the above gangs are white bois blakk.Burger bar boys whilst having the dumbest name i ever heard(apparently its because theer main hangout was a burger bar?) they are a very dangerous black gang and have been responsible for numerous murders over the years.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » September 23rd, 2006, 5:21 pm

'Urban terrorism' of gangs
By Peter Wilson
BBC Midlands Home Affairs Correspondent

The Burger Bar Boys and the Johnson Crew are urban terrorists.

The drive-by shootings, intimidation, drug dealing and use of ultra forms of violence can be compared with the paramilitary gangs in Northern Ireland.

On one side, like the IRA, the Burgers are better organised and better funded than the Johnson Crew and because of that, equipped with more powerful weaponry.

People are 'sickened' by the shootings and are helping police

The men accused of the murders of Letisha Shakespeare and Charlene Ellis are believed to have been members of the Burgers.

Meanwhile on the other side, rival group the Johnsons are more like the Loyalists - there are more of them than the Burgers, they are younger and are split into several factions with names like the Cash Money Crew and the Raiders.

The gangs got their names from two cafes in Handsworth where black youths congregated in the late 80s and early 90s.

The Burger Bar was on the Soho Road while the Johnson café was in Heathfield road.

Yardie gangsters

Legend has it that both gangs were friends and that they fell out over a bet on who won a game of "Streetfighter" on the Playstation.

By the late 90s, these computer games had moved off the screen and out on to the streets.

The killings began in the last days of 1995 as these young men fought off Yardie gangsters.

They copied the Jamaican gangs' ruthless disregard for life and reckless use of guns and violence.

Because of their public nature innocent people would witness the violence

Peter Wilson

Police viewed the gangs as level one crime - local drug dealing, particularly involving crack cocaine, robberies, and kidnappings.

Intelligence and understanding of what was happening on the streets of Birmingham was thin, as the gangs were veiled in secrecy.

Loose affiliations that shifted and changed constantly, were the hallmarks of how they worked.

Many of the shootings took place outside nightclubs and community centres, where the Johnsons and the Burgers would cross each others path.

Because of their public nature innocent people would witness the violence, often having to step over dead bodies, and become caught up in the intimidatory tactics of the gangs.

Witness intimidation

It was no surprise people would keep quiet and refuse to help the police.

The gangs grew powerful and arrogant. Feeling untouchable, they sometimes drove around their streets brandishing weapons.

When the police did try to bring court cases against them, they would often collapse because of witness intimidation.

The Burger Bar Boys allegedly took their name from this former cafe

In 2000, Operation Ventara was set up after the killing of Cory Wayne Allen.

He had links with both the Johnsons and the Burgers but his family say he was trying to call a truce to stop the killings when he was shot dead.

Ventara built up a picture of gang-based intelligence designed to stem the tide of shootings in the black community.

The murders of Letisha and Charlene outside the New Year's Party in Aston shocked even hardened criminals.

It galvanised the police and resources have poured into the war on gangs.

People are sickened by the shootings and are now helping the police to clear up several cases.

Gangs have been hit hard and a number of prominent members arrested and convicted.

But there is still a long way to go. Even during the trial into the Ellis and Shakespeare killings, the shootings continued.

In January, for example, a lone gunman entered a café near Aston and four young men, believed to have links with the Johnson Crew, were shot.

Innocent people

Shots were later fired at a house linked to the Burger Bar Boys.

One gang member told BBC News he always wears a bullet-proof vest and never lets his son travel in his car for fear that he might be sprayed with bullets.

Gangsters' lives, although glamorised in the movies, are full of fear and paranoia.

People want a way out but for some, the easy criminal money and the close friendships with their "crews" are too ingrained.

The gangs shoot for what are sometimes referred to as the three R's - revenge, revenue and respect.

To break the gangs is not a job just for the police but a partnership that demands the involvement of all types of agencies and groups in the West Midlands.

If it is ignored, another massacre will take place and innocent people will get caught up in the senseless tit-for-tat violence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 293995.stm

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » September 24th, 2006, 8:43 pm

BlaKK wrote:What else do you expect from a group of white bois? And its not just the English... Look at some of the gangs out here in LA... "True Blunt Smokin Niggas Only Gang""Pimp Hustla Gang" "women and Blunts Gang" these are all legitimate hoods in LA... So let that speak for itself. Its not just you Europeans... Trust that and believe. But I must admit, that 'Cheeseburger Gang' or whatever the fu-- Dude was speakin on, sounds so juvenile its pitiful.

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
londonpride wrote:None of the above gangs are white bois blakk.Burger bar boys whilst having the dumbest name i ever heard(apparently its because theer main hangout was a burger bar?) they are a very dangerous black gang and have been responsible for numerous murders over the years.
European Blacks......

...That shit messes with my head......

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » September 25th, 2006, 12:55 am

In England its majority black guys are of westindian descent.Although now more and more africans are coming from places like somalia, nigeria etc.Westindians and africans aint liking eachover neither.

Hydro2oo6
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hydro2oo6 » September 25th, 2006, 4:09 am

2Shae wrote:There are no 'gangs' in Liverpool. Iv just written my dissertation on gnags in the UK, especially Manchester. As for the other gangs, the four main south-Manchester gangs kinda emulate the LA gangs. They take their name from where they operate, such as the 'Gooch Close Gang' coz they started on Gooch Close in Mosside, on the Alexandra Park Estate. And the Doddington started on Doddington Close, but used to be known as the Pepperhill Mob, coz they started in a pub/bar called the Pepperhill. The other two are called the Longsight Crew, and the Young Longsight Soldiers. only the YLSS and an offshoot of the Gooch, the Young Gooch get along.

trust me, these guys are for real. Iv been interviewing them! They are as hard as any other gang out there.
there is gangs in liverpool :?

croxteth n norris green n toxteth av em

but ye liverpool is more known for its big time organized people

Hydro2oo6
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hydro2oo6 » September 25th, 2006, 4:15 am

A Ghost wrote:
BlaKK wrote:What else do you expect from a group of white bois? And its not just the English... Look at some of the gangs out here in LA... "True Blunt Smokin Niggas Only Gang""Pimp Hustla Gang" "women and Blunts Gang" these are all legitimate hoods in LA... So let that speak for itself. Its not just you Europeans... Trust that and believe. But I must admit, that 'Cheeseburger Gang' or whatever the fu-- Dude was speakin on, sounds so juvenile its pitiful.

londonpride wrote:None of the above gangs are white bois blakk.Burger bar boys whilst having the dumbest name i ever heard(apparently its because theer main hangout was a burger bar?) they are a very dangerous black gang and have been responsible for numerous murders over the years.
European Blacks......

lol i find it funny how americans are so dumb, theres loads of blacks in england...

over here ppl mix so its not just blacks who are in gangs, whites are aswell n asians.

u get alot of black gangs in england

n theres alot of white gangs aswell(not racist groups)

over here its not just blacks who live in the run down areas, whites do to

u americans are dumb as fuck, u think ur country is the only country on this planent that has gangs

Hydro2oo6
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hydro2oo6 » September 25th, 2006, 4:17 am

Hydro2oo6 wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

European Blacks......

lol i find it funny how americans are so dumb, theres loads of blacks in england...

over here ppl mix so its not just blacks who are in gangs, whites are aswell n asians.

u get alot of black gangs in england

n theres alot of white gangs aswell(not racist groups)

over here its not just blacks who live in the run down areas, whites do to

u americans are dumb as fu--, u think ur country is the only country on this planent that has gangs

^^ n thats not to all americans, but most of yas :roll:

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 25th, 2006, 9:19 am

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Triads count as an ebarrasing name?

You know, try ad. Right...

Well, ok whatever I have nothing to say here so my bad...

GRAPPLER

Unread post by GRAPPLER » September 27th, 2006, 10:32 am

The name cheetham hillbillies was coined by their main rival gangs in moss side.
The name came about because while cheetham hill gangs were still doing armed robberies, moss side was moving into drugs, also when the two gangs kicked off cheetham hills arsenal consisted of axes/bike chains/bats/machetes.
While moss side were using guns.

The name was a bit of a piss take, trying to say cheetham hill were behind the times.

Make no mistake though cheetham hillbillies were/are a well organized bunch.

PoppinT4gz

Unread post by PoppinT4gz » October 29th, 2006, 11:15 pm

Dunno i live like 10 minutes away form liverpool we have crews with names like

BRC - burough road crew
TBE - tranmere boys elite
BCC - birkenhead close crew
OBB - oxton bad boys

But i dunno about these fools calling themselfs Fu--in hillbillies that fu--ed up

mattonline

Unread post by mattonline » October 30th, 2006, 5:10 am

SOCCER HOLIGANS - thats not a name of a gang thats a group of gangs, like where i live 'cardiff' we have the 'soul crew' who are known for there violance

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5qgwBUry8
Cardiff city fc (soul crew) are in blue.

Cardiff - West Ham Caroline Street Brawl

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sm3tMmgvRdg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qlTz0NUfrY0- you see em in the game, you can imagin what 20,000 cardiff fans do after (f..k up the other side)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5_pVRg-LeeI - more riots

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CbJryiUkr2U - sh.t camering

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LZZ_W9eRucg - can't do much because they blocked the cardiff fans off, just a load of shouting

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g64XaUg-PNE - another riot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVuqYRlMsis

----
well theres just a few riots caught on camera, this happends every week when card play, theres loads of other rough firms out there like milwall, west ham, liverpool etc, just watch the film green street, but seems aas i live in cardiff thas what i see week in week out, and join in lol

and thas only football, we have rugby riots (not as often as football)

Hydro2oo6
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hydro2oo6 » November 3rd, 2006, 3:14 pm

mattonline wrote:SOCCER HOLIGANS - thats not a name of a gang thats a group of gangs, like where i live 'cardiff' we have the 'soul crew' who are known for there violance

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5qgwBUry8
Cardiff city fc (soul crew) are in blue.

Cardiff - West Ham Caroline Street Brawl

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sm3tMmgvRdg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qlTz0NUfrY0- you see em in the game, you can imagin what 20,000 cardiff fans do after (f..k up the other side)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5_pVRg-LeeI - more riots

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CbJryiUkr2U - sh.t camering

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LZZ_W9eRucg - can't do much because they blocked the cardiff fans off, just a load of shouting

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g64XaUg-PNE - another riot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVuqYRlMsis

----
well theres just a few riots caught on camera, this happends every week when card play, theres loads of other rough firms out there like milwall, west ham, liverpool etc, just watch the film green street, but seems aas i live in cardiff thas what i see week in week out, and join in lol

and thas only football, we have rugby riots (not as often as football)
there football firms lad NOT street gangs

VybzKartel
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by VybzKartel » November 3rd, 2006, 8:18 pm

they got their names from the bars they started their gangs in ..