Ireland

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Anonymous20

Ireland gangs

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 6th, 2003, 1:00 pm

Click post reply to discuss gangs in Ireland.
Last edited by Anonymous20 on May 31st, 2004, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DOH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Ireland

Unread post by DOH » July 21st, 2003, 7:55 am

There are gangs in ireland..... BUT the main organisations are Republican paramilitaries and the hate filled Loyalist paramilitaries ,also theres the prejudice brit army and police force in the occupied 6 counties, aswell...

here's a memorial to the brave 1981 Hungerstrikers.
[img]http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/mccormick/photos/no1157r.jpg[/img]

heres an example of a loyalist mural..
[img]http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/mccormick/photos/no858r.jpg[/img][/img]

DOH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOH » July 21st, 2003, 10:29 am

Also youths from ghettos in america, came over here to play soccer and youths from the ghettos here went over to play basketball in america...

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » July 21st, 2003, 5:14 pm

Alotta the gang problems stem from the urban degredation throughout the capital Dublin. The slums of the inner-city were moved out from the 50's-80's and that has created a huge drug & gang problem. Most gangs are based around council estates (equiv of U.S. housing projects), there is 4 at least in my small part of the city & if you multiply that by the amount of city area's you can start to see the problem here. Also there has been a program of Crips & Bloods coming here and local gang members going out to L.A., which was organised by Sinn Féin and this has brought a more U.S. style of gang culture to the area.

Any questions feel free to ask I've been gang affiliated since age 12 and am quite knowledgeable on the subject.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » January 3rd, 2004, 4:16 pm

Lately in Dublin there's being a rise in the number of shootings as guns are becoming alot more readily available as in the past alot of beef was ened with bats or knives, now gun crime is on the rise &the gang problem is getting alot more publicity lately but still the problem is as bad as ever and in some areas its getting worse.

T~

Unread post by T~ » February 7th, 2004, 12:57 pm

around the dublin area there is alot of gangs that jack cars joy ride them around the back streets an then ditch them. lots of people have been hurt mainly the inocent people on the street that get run over

Sean

Limerick Gang Feud

Unread post by Sean » February 21st, 2004, 5:16 am

I can't believe no one has wrote about the gang fued in Limerick. The city located in the south-west of Ireland has been labelled in the past "Stab City" due to the number of youths, basically stabbing each other. However, Gardai(Irish Police) have said those were more "innocent times" with gun rule taken over the streets.

Basically there is too much to write about so just type in "Limerick Feuds" on Google/Yahoo or any other serch engine.

Ididnt mean to put this as a topic, it should be in the Ireland section

Sean

Unread post by Sean » February 21st, 2004, 6:29 am

I'm very surprised, no one has mentioned Limerick City. It has been labelled "Stab City" because of all the youth and hoods stabbing each other. There is too much stuff to write about but just last nite there was a drive by-shooting at McDonalds
Last edited by Sean on March 9th, 2004, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean

Unread post by Sean » February 21st, 2004, 6:34 am

Gardai(Irish Police) have claimed that "stab city" was more innocent times. Gun rule has taken over and there is a bloody fued going on at the moment. There is too much to write about. Just type in "Limerick feuds" in Google/Yahoo or another serch engine to read all about it.
Last edited by Sean on March 9th, 2004, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean

Unread post by Sean » February 21st, 2004, 6:40 am

In the past week the 2 leaders of the notorious Westies gang have disappered and are apparently dead. They fled to Alicantae in Spain after a shoot-out with Gardai in Ireland. However people suspect its a hoax in order to take them out of the limelight. They ruled the North-West Dublin drugs trade with a iron fist and both have been described as physcotic by Gardai. Last year one of the mens brothers, an enforcer in the gang, was shot dead when a gunman walked into a North-Inner City Pub he was drinking in.
Last edited by Sean on March 9th, 2004, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean

Unread post by Sean » February 21st, 2004, 6:44 am

Gillaigan's gang was accused of shooting dead, crime journalist, Veronica Guerin as she sat in traffic in Dublin in 1996. She uncovered Gilligans multi-million pound drug empire and wrote about it. Gilligan had her attacked several times, but she continued to write.
He was found not guilty but was given 28 years for possesion of 15 million euro's worth of cannabis in 2000
Last edited by Sean on February 24th, 2004, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean

Unread post by Sean » February 21st, 2004, 6:53 am

There is alot of petty young criminal gangs round Ireland's cities and big towns. They may be small time drug dealers, selling hash and estacy around their area/to friends ect. They also rob people's mobile phones and the burgel houses.
They also steal cars just to "joy-ride" about in and dump them or burn them out when there finished or they crash.
They dress in Nike/Addias/Reebok tracksuits and wear expensive trainers, which are usually always white, of the same brand. Usually they can be extreamly anti-social but in general the bigger the city the badder the hoodlom.

Common names for the Irish street thug are: Skangers, Knackers, Spides.
Last edited by Sean on February 24th, 2004, 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sean

Unread post by Sean » February 21st, 2004, 9:33 am

When a car gets stolen in Dublin, its overlooked by people(unless its your car) as is just so common. It only gets in the news if there is somone injured or killed. A taxai driver was killed by a joyrider around this time last year. Also back last year, a stolen Mazda mx-5 sports crashed into a Gardai car killing the two police men. The drivers were from south-west inner city.

They were about 4 of them aged around 16 or 17 and were out burgling a house in a posh upper-class part of Dublin. They robbed this car outside the house and began to "joy-ride" around the city. They however crashed into the Garda car at a junction at an estimated 120 miles per hour. One of the hoodlems were killed and both Guardi were killed instantly. The others amazingly only suffered broken legs.

Apparently sources say that they didn't give a f**k and were held in high regard among their friends and other hoods in their area. They were sentenced last year. Other sources say that these have the potential to become a huge gang in the coming years as they hate the Gardai so much and are completly without fear of them.

Sean

Unread post by Sean » February 21st, 2004, 9:36 am

By the way, the thugs that killed the two guardai in the stolen mx-5 were high on cannabis and estacy at the time. Complete Nutters.

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Limerick Gang Feud

Unread post by Impala » February 22nd, 2004, 2:10 am

It's the Ryan crime family vs the Keane crime family right?

Yeah I heard something 'bout it. Over control of the area in Limerick where lotta drug/prostitution/weapons bizz is done right?

Sean

Unread post by Sean » February 22nd, 2004, 7:20 am

Yeah thats it. On Friday nite, there was a drive-by shooting outside McDonalds. no one was killed though. Also a man was stabbed to death by a 17 year old youth on the same night. Over what??? The man refused to drive the youth into the city centre to buy a bag of chips(fries), and in turn, the youth stabbed him.

There is just a huge knife culture(as well as gun) among young people in Limerick

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » February 22nd, 2004, 9:47 pm

So whose winning?

The Ryan's or the Keane's??

THALOCPASADENA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by THALOCPASADENA » February 23rd, 2004, 12:10 pm

I NEVER BEEN OUT THERE IN IRELAND BUT FROM WHAT I HEAR YALL GOT SOME NICE GUN'S AM I RIGHT OR IS IT JUST PUMP UP...... I LKE TO HEAR OTHER COUNTRY'S GOT IT POPING ...
RAYMOND OUT....

Sean

Unread post by Sean » February 23rd, 2004, 1:29 pm

E. Ryan and K. Keane were partners in crime until a fight between two girls(one a Ryan and one a Keane) at school and other minor disagreements. One of them got her face slashed. Anyway, one night Ryan walked up to Keane and pulled the trigger. The gun jammed. About a week later, Ryan as drinking in a Pub in the city when in walked a masked gunman (Keane) and shot him dead. His 17 year-old son was with him at the time but he was in the toilets at the moment of the shooting. He would have been shot if he had have been with his Father.

A week later, the two sons of the murdered Ryan gangster(now aged 18 and 19) were forced at gunpoint into a car as they walked down the street with another friend. Thier friend escaped but a shot was fired at him. The two boys were missing for a week. Obviously Keane wanted them dead as he feared a revenge attack. Huge serches of the countryside and woodland outside the city took place. Everyone expected them to turn up dead. However, a week later Keane was found hooded, hands bound behind his back, stabbed six times in the head and one bullet hole in the back of his skull. His nephew who was also with him was stabbed 17 times. Apparently the gun had jammed(again) and they had used a knife. Amazingly he survived. In a bizzare twist, the two kipnapped Ryan youths turned up in at a Garda station 150 miles from thier home without a scratch.

They revaelaed nothing of their kidnappers and gave cops hardly any information. That night, the Ryan family and friends held a very public party outside their house wiyh Family and friends celebrating. The two boys posed for national newspapers and camera crews with thier mother and friends.

Apparently Keane had hired another gang to kill the boys. However they were offered more money by the Ryans to kill Keane so they did in an extraordinary double-cross. Keanes nephew testafied against the 5 assains and they got life, about a mounth ago. Even after they were sentenced they smirked boldly at the TV crews outside the court room. Rival members from both sides gathered outside the courts, many in bullet proof vests and traded insults and death threats. There were also 60 Garda marksmen dotted around surrounding roof tops during the trial. Also the trial had to be moved to Dublin as they couldnt find find a full jury in Limerick. Most people called, gave excuses as they were just too scared.

Sean

Unread post by Sean » February 23rd, 2004, 1:45 pm

A load of machiene guns and Uzi's and other stuff was siezed in Limerick a while back. Also due to the troubles in Belfast in the past bombs have been coming more into play in the past while although none have been used(luckily). Also, a crime journalist had a hoax bomb planted under his car by a Dublin based Gangster as a threat to stop writing about him. The whole neighbourhood had to be evacuated.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » February 23rd, 2004, 3:29 pm

Sean wrote:In the past week the 2 leaders of the notorious Westies gang have disappered and are apparently dead. They fled to Alicantae in Spain after a shoot-out with Gardai in Ireland. However people suspect its a hoax in order to take them out of the limelight. They ruled the North-West Dublin drugs trade with a brutal iron fist and both have been described as physcotic by Gardai. Last year one of the mens brothers, an enforcer in the gang, was shot dead when a gunman walked into a North-Inner City Pub he was drinking in.
Word on the street is that they've faked their kidnapping &fled to South America.

Sean

Unread post by Sean » March 9th, 2004, 3:35 am

There was a gangland shooting on Sunday night, in Ballyfermot, Dublin. There was one in Darndale, also in Dublin. However, there was hardly any mention of the Darndale shooting and the Ballyfermot one would'v been the same if the shooting hadn't taken place in front of children. A man walked up behind this other man and shot him twice in the back, with these 11 year olds looking on.

It's gotten to the stage where people in Dublin, when they hear about a shooting they usually say "A Shooting?? Oh wait a minute it was only a gangland killing"...and then forget about it.

Sean

Unread post by Sean » March 9th, 2004, 3:43 am

Talking about shootings, there was this other man shot at his North-Inner city flat in Dublin, not so long ago. A man called to his house, asked for him, and before he opened the door he shot him through the glass.

This fella, who was shot, was just out of prison after serving a 10 year sentence for armed robbery. He was part of what was called "The Umbrella Gang". Basicaly, what this gang did was use Umbrellas to conceal thier identity from security cameras in the banks and post-offices they robbed. They were active in the early ninties.

Sean

Unread post by Sean » March 9th, 2004, 3:56 am

There was also two car thief gangs caught in Dublin. One there at the weekend and another a while back. I think the ones a while back were Eastern Europien.

They were stealing high performance sports cars and BMW's, Mercs ect. cutting them and shipping them abroad.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » March 11th, 2004, 3:52 pm

Sean wrote:There was also two car thief gangs caught in Dublin. One there at the weekend and another a while back. I think the ones a while back were Eastern Europien.

They were stealing high performance sports cars and BMW's, Mercs ect. cutting them and shipping them abroad.
The cars were being cut to be shipped to Russia and all the old Soviet satellite states, I think the ones doing it were from the near east.

greenockprovo1888

Unread post by greenockprovo1888 » March 13th, 2004, 8:32 am

Sean yes I agree limerick is a ruff area however to suggest it is the roughest place in europe is a joke!!! the feud u are always going on about has cost just 4 lives in 3 years!!! I live in a town called greenock just outside glasgow, an in the last 6 weeks there has been 7 murders!!! so although i agree there is a bad feud goin on it aint as bad as what its is being made out to be!! up the Ra

Sean2

Unread post by Sean2 » March 13th, 2004, 10:26 am

Ok Greenockprovo1888, but your forgetting a couple of things. Those four were connected with just one fued and the people that were shot were the head members of their gang. You dont hear about the other gangland murders that goes on not to mention the stabbings from random fights. A 40 year old man was stabbed by this 17 year old over a bag of chips. One of the above gangsters nephew, aged 18, was cleared of stabbing another youth over a dog, even though he done it. A couple of youths who said he done it retracted their statements when the court case came up (I wounder why?), a 40 year old woman stabbed a 17 year old because he was attacking her husband, a man was attacked with a base ball bat and a meat cleaver when he tried to stop two youths robbing his garage...blah,blah,blah...I could go on about this kinda stuff for ages.

Also Limerick is a city on its own and has a population of only 80,000. Tallaght, an area of Dublin, has a bigger population than this and its just one area in a city. How many other cities this small have such a gangland problem...not many.

Also I said in another section that Limerick is rougher than Belfast. I didn't mean it like that, I just ment for dramatic gangland incidents (the kidnappings). People dont know the half of how rough Belfast is. Even though theres a cease-fire there's still alot of trouble. Definatly the roughest city in Europe, but thats for another section of the forum.
Last edited by Sean2 on March 13th, 2004, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean2

Unread post by Sean2 » March 13th, 2004, 10:30 am

Also last weeks shootings in Dublin brought it up to a total of nine, in the city, in the last two months.

Im definatly not braging about this, dont get me wrong I'd rather a shooting free city, Im just trying to inform people that theres ALOT more to my country than sterotypes and holiday areas for american tourists. This gangland crime is just one thing what normal Irish people see in our news.

greenockprovo1888

Unread post by greenockprovo1888 » March 24th, 2004, 8:12 am

I understand sean, a was just replyin to ur comment that it was the roughest place in europe! but yes i no it is rough as i have been there! greenock sound very alike as we have high murder rates, drug rates, pregnancy rates...3 of my friends have recently went to jail on murder an manslaughter charges, they were fighting with a rival gang, when a by stander try to stop it...he died of a machete wound peircing his heart.....greenock also has a relativly small population, currentyl at about 66 thousand! so there are similarities...however places such as our are relativly unheard of as they are

1) closer to bigger cities
2) there isnt the same rivalry as B & C's....i.e colours, although that is also cathcing on in my area!

Sean2

Unread post by Sean2 » March 29th, 2004, 3:23 pm

There was a load of Guns siezed in Cork about a week ago. I forget how many but it was a lot. I seen a picture of the room they were being kept in at the police station on the TV and it was full.

Sean2

Unread post by Sean2 » April 1st, 2004, 2:15 pm

Two men were injured in a shooting in Sligo town there about two days ago. A man shot at their vechicle as they drove by. Sligo is a a town in the west(slightly northern) part of Ireland and isn't near any big city. Also there were a few other shootings there eariler on in the year. Even in the towns away from cities there is gang related activity.

DOH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOH » April 3rd, 2004, 7:11 am

alot of weapons siezures down Limerick or cork way are to do with the reals or the continuity 8) ...... that fire bombin the other week in cork by the reals was over the top....