Ireland

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Sean2

Re: Ireland

Unread post by Sean2 » April 20th, 2004, 12:31 pm

In Limerick recently, the son of the head prison warden, in the city's prison, was abducted in a car as he waited for a bus.

This wasn't a planned attack though. A group of youths who were sitting in a car dragged the young man, who was waiting for a bus, into thier car to mug him. As they looked through his wallet and found his ID they discovered who his father was.. They rang his father on his mobile phone and told the warden that they were going to kill his son. Eventully they let him go, as they were well known, but did steel his phone, watch, and wallet. They also beat him pretty badly. The gang had friends and members and family in the prison.

Sean2

Unread post by Sean2 » April 20th, 2004, 12:38 pm

A 26 yea-old man was shot dead on saturday afternoon in Clondalkin, West Dublin. He was sitting in a BMW outside Wheatfield prison, with 4 other associates, when two men drove by on a motor-bike and shot him with a hand gun.

He was visiting another member of the gang in prison before this. He was a well known dealer, and he served a sentence in the same prison, for posession of 200,000 Euro worth of Heroin. He was out nine months.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 20th, 2004, 1:04 pm

You guys might call em gangs but to us they more like organized crime.

MikeyBoy

Unread post by MikeyBoy » May 15th, 2004, 11:18 am

Sean2 wrote:Mikeyboy. The only gang that I know of that has political connections is the IRA, and other groups like the INLA. Loyalist gangs(those who want Northern Ireland to stay Brittish) in the north also take part in Drug dealing ect.

Just the other day, I saw on the news that a Government report estimated that the IRA earn somewhere between 10 and 20 Million a year through "Gangsterism" (their words, not mine).

Sinn Fein is the political wing of the IRA, but obviously they deny it.

I also saw that there are 275 criminal gangs operating in Northern Ireland.
70 of these have international links and around 70% of the whole 275 are paramilitarys.

In Southern Ireland, with the exception of the IRA, the vast majority of gangs have absolutly no political connections what so ever.

(Although yesterday, A man was shot in the head in Limerick but not killed!! He had a notorious criminal background but was involved as a councillor in Limerick, but apart from this crimals dont get involved in politics)

Gangs in Dublin such as the Westies have absolutily no political connections at all. In Limerick the Gangs such as the Ryans and Keanes have none either.

Over all I would say that 95% of the NUMBER of gangs aren't politicaly involved. They are just though(maby bad) guys from though working-class areas who turn to drug dealing ect. to earn alot of money. But the fact that the IRA play such a big part (10-20 Million a year) means that 5% who are politically involved have to be mentioned. See what I mean?

Yes, thanks for the info. I actually missed the chance to hear Gerry Adams speak at a Catholic church across the river from Cincinnati, in Covington. But the news media didn't report it until after he had left. I saw a "REAL IRA" spray painted in Cork, what is the difference between them and the real IRA?

Sean2

Unread post by Sean2 » May 15th, 2004, 1:04 pm

The oridanary IRA is called the "Provisional IRA" or the "provos".
In 1986 Sinn Fein decided to let people sit in the dail(government house in Dublin).
Some members didnt like this so they broke off and formed the "continuety" IRA or CIRA.

In 1998 Sinn Fein took part in the good friday agreement and the provos called a cease fire. Again some members didnt like this, they broke off and carried on shooting. These called themselvs the "Real" IRA.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » May 21st, 2004, 6:03 am

How does the IRA handle gangs in Ireland?

I have been told that they have shot people dead just because they suspected they were in a gang. is that true?

DOH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOH » June 2nd, 2004, 9:14 am

krookid wrote:How does the IRA handle gangs in Ireland?

I have been told that they have shot people dead just because they suspected they were in a gang. is that true?
ah yea, gangsters in dublin have been killed, the "General" was killed for colluding with loyalist death squads...

Re: Limerick Gang Feud

Unread post by Guest » June 8th, 2004, 4:17 am

where there any leprechauns involved?

Se

Re: Ireland gangs

Unread post by Se » June 20th, 2004, 3:48 am

Click on the link. Here are good pictures of what goes on in Belfast over the summer months. Click on the different pages to get more images.

http://dianelent.com/2003belfast/bonfires.html

Ger5005

Unread post by Ger5005 » June 29th, 2004, 4:54 am

Dublins worse....

Type Dublin feuds.......

Ger5005

Unread post by Ger5005 » June 29th, 2004, 4:55 am

Anonymous wrote:where there any leprechauns involved?
Yeah loads of them and pixies and then afterwards House of Pain came in and started to jump around.....

Ger5005

Unread post by Ger5005 » June 29th, 2004, 11:50 am

DOH wrote:There are gangs in ireland..... BUT the main organisations are Republican paramilitaries and the hate filled Loyalist paramilitaries ,also theres the prejudice brit army and police force in the occupied 6 counties, aswell...

here's a memorial to the brave 1981 Hungerstrikers.
[img]http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/mccormick/photos/no1157r.jpg[/img]

heres an example of a loyalist mural..
[img]http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/mccormick/photos/no858r.jpg[/img][/img]
R.I.P Bobby Sands....................................

ckel

Unread post by ckel » July 21st, 2004, 3:01 am

What the f is going on here?!

Y'all like, 'hey America, we got guns, we got drugs, we kill each other just as bad as uz do?!'

I know you kids - y'all little white catholic boys who just looove tupac and get excited when you read about shootins in ur city, closer to home the cooler it is...

don't worry hoodrats, puberty will hit soon and u might just grow up

Ger5005

Unread post by Ger5005 » July 22nd, 2004, 4:32 am

oh sorry ckel. I bet your a real gangster, Right? Yeah fuckin right. We were talkin about hunger strikers and Ireland. Typical American Ignorence. Idiot. Al Gore, Al Gore.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 22nd, 2004, 8:44 am

and what the f*ck u mean, "we love tupac?"

The hip-hop scene is not even in Ireland.

Also, keep in mind who started American street gangs mother f*cker!

It was the IRISH!

The first recorded street gang in America was a gang in NY called
"The 40 Theives". They were working class Irish teens.

We started ALL this sh*t! Gang colors, hand signs, all that sh*t

Do some research before you come on here talkin sh*t !!!!

Se

Unread post by Se » July 23rd, 2004, 6:23 pm

ckel wrote:What the f is going on here?!

Y'all like, 'hey America, we got guns, we got drugs, we kill each other just as bad as uz do?!'

I know you kids - y'all little white catholic boys who just looove tupac and get excited when you read about shootins in ur city, closer to home the cooler it is...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH YEAH 2pac is a prince, for f~ck sake. We all try to copy him.......

Ok, here is where I prove you wrong paaaaal.

First of all, this is the Europien section/ Ireland section...soooo we'r not actually "bragging" to you legendry Americans.

Secondly, when I first clicked on the Ireland section, the first post, BY THE SITE FOUNDER, says "Post information on Gangs in Ireland", so thats what I [Sean/Sean2/Se] did!! All my posts are factual!!! i.e telling YOU about gangs in Ireland. If I had, clicked on the American section then this would be a whole different argument.

Thirdly, I think that SPACERLOCO hasn't done the Irish any favours on this forum. His, quite simply, a WANNABE WIGGER. When he says "he's gang affiliated since age 12", he is talking through his hole. That gang culture doesn't exist in the lovely Emerald Isle. Its more organised. Sure we got "Thugs", but they are far removed from the "homies". Firstly the main drug organizers are like the Mob, wheather they be a group from a city or thr IRA or the INLA paramilitary group, they bring it into the country and they are they ones that make the REAL money. Secondly these "Thugs" are called Skangers. They would stab you as soon as look at you(And if they have shooters...). They wear sports wear. Tracksuits tucked in socks, white trainers Addidas/Nike/Lacoste/Reebok, baseball caps, soccer jerseys, big gold rings, lots of gold jewelery. They do lots of Drugs, steal cars for joyriding (my area is nuts with robbed cars). They make fuck all money from selling hash or estacy or even herion, just enough to keep them going without a job. They are in NO WAY INFLUENCED BY THE AMERICAN GANG CULTURE!

They dont have gang hand signs, tatoos, colours ect. Its more buisness like. The american gang culture seems almost like a VERY very dangerous game, what with the names of the gangs, colours, signs ect.

Take the Graffiti for example. The Bloods and the Crips have Exotic writing in a sort of a code to scare/warn rival gangs/ mark territory ect. Territory is just knowlege. You know who controls an area and if you have sense you stay out. In Ireland, most gang grafitti would either be paramilitary murals/writing OR something like "ANTO IS A DEAD MAN-GET OUT" or "STEVO---7 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!" (Example)

Yes, some of the posts the aptly named Spacerloco is redicilous (sorry Spacer.) The area he lives in in Dublin, is Sandyford on the South-East. Its called D4. It is notorious...except its notorious for Posh fu~kers, Doctors, Lawers, University lecturers with BMW'S and halarious posh Irish accent. That kid is truely in a world of his own...obsessed with 2Pac.

The reality is that if somone from Ireland copying the L.A gang style had dealings with any of the Gangs from Limerick or Dublin they would be simply laughed out of it. I doubt they would even be killed, they just wouldn't be taken seriously, full stop.

So thats about it! I hope I'v educated some ignorant folks about the gang life in Ireland. If you visit Ireland(not a cr*p villlage with about 500 people , a REAL city or town), as a tourist, you wont be harmed by any criminal gangs (watch out for the Skangers though, Tracksuits/ white trainers an'all, can be very drunk and violent...for no reason or just for the "craic").

Oh yeah, ansd I don't know where your coming from with the "Catholic boys" thing. Is this ment to be an insult... you are an idiot.... You see religion isn't strong in Ireland anymore, Americans actually are far more religious, almost strangly religious... The conflict in the north of Ireland isn't about God, its about the Brittish occupying Irish land. Catholics just happen to be Irish and Protestants happen to be Brittish, up north. I have to say I couldn't see some of the folk from Belfast attending Mass...

Thats it, and in future try not to make stupid posts, I think everyone will agree IGNORANCE IS SH~T!
Last edited by Se on July 24th, 2004, 8:18 am, edited 5 times in total.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » July 23rd, 2004, 6:47 pm

F*ck yea SE.

DOH
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOH » July 29th, 2004, 6:59 am

Se wrote: Yes, some of the posts the aptly named Spacerloco is redicilous (sorry Spacer.) The area he lives in in Dublin, is Sandyford on the South-East. Its called D4. It is notorious...except its notorious for Posh fu~kers, Doctors, Lawers, University lecturers with BMW'S and halarious posh Irish accent. That kid is truely in a world of his own...obsessed with 2Pac.
UR THINKING OF sandD-ford, NOT SAND-Y-FORD. and it is not D4, try and know Dublin a bit better, wee dope.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » July 29th, 2004, 10:32 am

Se wrote:
ckel wrote:What the f is going on here?!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH YEAH 2pac is a prince, for f~ck sake. We all try to copy him.......

Ok, here is where I prove you wrong paaaaal.

First of all, this is the Europien section/ Ireland section...soooo we'r not actually "bragging" to you legendry Americans.

Secondly, when I first clicked on the Ireland section, the first post, BY THE SITE FOUNDER, says "Post information on Gangs in Ireland", so thats what I [Sean/Sean2/Se] did!! All my posts are factual!!! i.e telling YOU about gangs in Ireland. If I had, clicked on the American section then this would be a whole different argument.

Thirdly, I think that SPACERLOCO hasn't done the Irish any favours on this forum. His, quite simply, a WANNABE WIGGER. When he says "he's gang affiliated since age 12",

They dont have gang hand signs, tatoos, colours ect. Its more buisness like. The american gang cultures, some of the posts the aptly named Spacerloco is redicilous (sorry Spacer.) The area he lives in in Dublin, is Sandyford on the South-East. Its called D4. It is notorious...except its notorious for Posh fu~kers, Doctors, Lawers, University lecturers with BMW'S and halarious posh Irish accent. That kid is truely in a world of his own...obsessed with 2Pac.

Thats it, and in future try not to make stupid posts, I think everyone will agree IGNORANCE IS SH~T!
You truely are a complete idiot who does not know one area of Dublin from another, as if you did you would know Sandymount is a posh area in Dublin 4 & Sandyford is a small area filled with council estates. What would you know about 6 people living in a 2 bedroom terrace? As for calling me a wigger, I'm Hispanic, so there's a big problem? Being gang affiliated, now what can I tell you about that "kid" as you sound 15 where as I am 20 years old. You may listen to rap songs about gangsters & lowriding, yet I've hit switches on lowriders & kicked it with real gangsters, here, in England & in North America, only back from a trip there 2 weeks ago. Also if you want to question me I have the scars to show, including knife wounds, crushed face, broken nose, smashed eye sockets. Also I don't know what part of Dublin your at, but here we're known as scrangers, a little thing for you to realise to. I won't continue on, cause net beef is for petty little kids who speak before they think. Next time, please count to ten.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » July 29th, 2004, 10:35 am

Ignorant people like you are the reason I haven't been on this site in ages, speaking their mouth on someone they have no clue about. I suggest you go get your Leaving Cert, that is if you have your Junior

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » August 11th, 2004, 12:41 pm

wat about the IRA? i saw a movie...forgot what it was called..it was about the first president i think..and he got assaisnatied..anybody the name of the movie?

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » August 14th, 2004, 5:09 pm

dopekid127 wrote:wat about the IRA? i saw a movie...forgot what it was called..it was about the first president i think..and he got assaisnatied..anybody the name of the movie?
Michael Collins is the name of the film. The IRA are a army so couldn't be called a street gang.

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » August 16th, 2004, 6:16 pm

ohhh..iight, coo..thanks for the info spacerloco

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » August 18th, 2004, 3:41 am

dopekid127 wrote:ohhh..iight, coo..thanks for the info spacerloco
No problem, if you wanna research into the IRA & its different splinter groups like CIRA or the RIRA, then have a look around the web, there's alot of info.

P.S. That Michael Collins film had an actor portraying my Great Grandfather

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » August 19th, 2004, 8:34 pm

P.S. That Michael Collins film had an actor portraying my Great Grandfather[/quote]

Thats cool as hell spacer. which one portrayed your great grandfather?
who was he?

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » August 21st, 2004, 3:40 pm

krookid wrote:P.S. That Michael Collins film had an actor portraying my Great Grandfather
Thats cool as hell spacer. which one portrayed your great grandfather?
who was he?[/quote]

On the boat when Eamonn DeValera is broken out of Lincoln Gaol, that is my Great Grandfathers boat & he is the captain of it.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » August 21st, 2004, 5:46 pm

thats cool bro.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » August 21st, 2004, 6:00 pm

Ger5005 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:where there any leprechauns involved?
Yeah loads of them and pixies and then afterwards House of Pain came in and started to jump around.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » August 22nd, 2004, 4:38 pm

krookid wrote:thats cool bro.
Yup am well proud of me family history

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » August 22nd, 2004, 9:18 pm

same here. Im %100 Irish. my grandparents all came here to america right before World War 2, so much of the family history is over on the isle.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » August 26th, 2004, 4:00 pm

Definitely research up on republicanism, it's really interesting, right from Wolfe Tone to the present day.

Holmlund

Unread post by Holmlund » September 11th, 2004, 2:02 pm

Bout ye Spacerloco? You from the north?