Finland gangs

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Anonymous20

Finland gangs

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 8th, 2004, 10:09 pm

whats active?

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Re: Finland gangs

Unread post by punamusta » August 2nd, 2004, 6:48 pm

We don't have actual streetgangs here in Finland. Or atleast not similar as the ones in the United States, or in the South America. Streetcrimes here are done by individuals, not gangs. The only "streetgangs" we got are mostly africans, especially Somalians, but they're not so dangerous at all. Although they think they are :)

Finnish underground is nowadays runned by Estonian and Russian mafias, and that's has made the game a lot uglier in the past few years. Even the police is scared to investigate the harc core mafia crimes, 'cause they might find their dog killed in their yard or something else like that. Finnish criminals have formed a many gangs, but those gangs don't do street crimes. They're into drug business and other bigger things. NBK (Natural Born Killers) and Rogues Gallery for example are gangs like that. Bikergangs like Hell's Angels, Bandidos MC and Cannonball MC does same kind of things. And now there's being formed a prison gangs as well. Usually the real gangs in here tries to stay truly underground, 'cause a big publicity is bad for business, so it's impossible to list all the gangs. Finnish police estimates, that here's 40-50 different gangs.

I'll probably come to edit this later, as I'm now too **** to write clearly :)

dunkku

Unread post by dunkku » January 6th, 2005, 10:25 am

no way, no streetgangs in finland.

Dopefiend

Unread post by Dopefiend » January 12th, 2005, 3:56 am

dunkku wrote:no way, no streetgangs in finland.
Yeah, but millions of drunken idiots, so easy to get someone to fight with :F

kenni
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kenni » January 13th, 2005, 1:22 pm

haha yeah, most finnish people here in sweden are known for their drinking. :].. oh, and sauna ;DDD

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » January 13th, 2005, 4:37 pm

kenni wrote:haha yeah, most finnish people here in sweden are known for their drinking. :].. oh, and sauna ;DDD
What would be more important than those two things? Nothing! Hahaha!

Here's something more about finnish gangs...

That "NBK" gang I mentioned earlier is said to only accept members who have killed someone. That's why the name Natural Born Killers. And it's also said that once you've joined it, you won't get out of that gang alive. Then there is a gang called M.O.R.E. which comes from the finnish words "Me Olemme Rikollisten Eliittiä", meaning "We are the elite of the criminals". They're mostly a prison gang, but they do have some members outside of the prisons as well. All the gangs I've mentioned here are "adult" gangs, meaning that the members are grown-up people who don't play around. Some of these gangs works together whit Mafia. Most of the gangs identify themselves whit own vests much like the biker gangs. Gangs who don't have vests usually have own tattoos. There has being accidents where these gang members have seen some regular guys whit same kind of tattoos than their gang has, and they have simply cut those tattoos off whit knives.

It's almost a trend now in Finland to set up a gang. Number of the gangs are increasing rapidly and most of them are formed in prisons. But still, as many have already said: absolutely no streetgangs in Finland. And hopefuly it stays that way.

Helvetin Enkeli

Unread post by Helvetin Enkeli » March 11th, 2005, 12:55 pm

lizard wrote: That "NBK" gang I mentioned earlier is said to only accept members who have killed someone. That's why the name Natural Born Killers. And it's also said that once you've joined it, you won't get out of that gang alive.
http://www2.helsinginsanomat.fi/english ... 0011018IE3

That guy was executed when trying to get out, leader Lauri Johansson is now doing time for that.

Some other articles about the gang:

Police arrest four members of “Natural Born Killers” group:

http://www2.helsinginsanomat.fi/english ... 00-04.html

Natural Born Killers gang members indicted on drug charges:

http://www2.helsinginsanomat.fi/english ... 0020214IE3

Natural Born Killers gang members sentenced to 6.5 years on drug offences:

http://www2.helsinginsanomat.fi/english ... 0020215IE2
lizard wrote: It's almost a trend now in Finland to set up a gang.
It seems like we have biker gangs in every little town here where i live nowadays.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » August 1st, 2005, 11:01 am

Just couple of blocks from my house there where a gang-related shootout two days ago. Rogues Gallery (non-biker gang) and Bandidos MC had some problems with each others and started shooting.
Here's a news link in english: http://www.helsinginsanomat.fi/english/ ... 1980434223

GrooveStreet
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by GrooveStreet » August 12th, 2005, 3:25 pm

yeah those MC bikers got much shooting on going even here in sweden

donnie.s

Unread post by donnie.s » October 6th, 2005, 5:27 am

Alot crimminals in sweden have finnish decent.

A couple of years ago there finnish construction mob..

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » October 8th, 2005, 5:06 am

donnie.s wrote:Alot crimminals in sweden have finnish decent.

A couple of years ago there finnish construction mob..
Yea, someone told me that even 2/3 of the people in swedish prisons have finnish roots. That sounds very high, but I don't know, maybe it's true. It's kinda funny when you're walking in Slussen it seems that almost every homeless alcoholic there speaks finnish.

GrooveStreet
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by GrooveStreet » October 15th, 2005, 2:23 am

Any news about the finish born killers?

L

Unread post by L » October 15th, 2005, 11:53 am

Nothing major news.
Few weeks ago police tried to catch one NBK member and surrounded him in the local mall, but Im not sure if they did catch him or not.
I know this because the police arrested and questioned one dude i know, because they thought that he is connected with that NBD member, which isn't true.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » November 17th, 2005, 5:49 pm

lizard wrote:Just couple of blocks from my house there where a gang-related shootout two days ago. Rogues Gallery (non-biker gang) and Bandidos MC had some problems with each others and started shooting.
Here's a news link in english: http://www.helsinginsanomat.fi/english/ ... 1980434223
More about this accident:

Two people who got shot at weren't both from the Rogues Gallery as it was said earlier. Other one is from the "Bat-gang" (as media likes to call it -> members have a small bat-tattoo on their hand and small dots besides it to mark their rank in the gang -> more dots means higher rank). This "Bat-gang" is also a non-biker gang like the Rogues Gallery.

It was also said that these gang-members who got shot at were celebrating the weddings of a NBK-member who was a friend of them, and that these Bandidos members deliberately went to the restaurant to shoot at these other gang-members. Bandidos members of course denied that in the court, but they both had a bullet proof vests on and two hand guns for each of them.

mutsis

Unread post by mutsis » November 25th, 2005, 5:22 pm

In smaller cities & towns, i think the biggest "gangs" are formed by facists/"nazis"/racists and gypsies. Especially these so-called "nazis" may beat the fuck out of you if you start messing with them. In the 90's nazis were big problem in cities like Joensuu, they beat foreigners and shit. Now it's calmed down a bit, 'cos they're in jail and went more undergound..

But really you can't say them being "a gang" 'cos they aren't organized like NBK or other finnish gangs, and that's good.. But they're worst troublemakers around in the north/east parts of Finland i think.

vasikka

Unread post by vasikka » December 7th, 2005, 5:27 pm

About the shootout in sörnäinen, helsinki; Bandidos MC president and a vice-resident got in a shootout near they´re shoppe/tattoo-parlos as they was collecting the day´s income. An Rogues gallery member, coming from an NBK-members wedding and ja member of "Lepakkojengi" opened fire near the sörnäinen subway-station.

Apperently Rogues gallery guy got shot in the stomach and the lepakkojengi-banger (engl. Batgang) in the foot. In finnish fashion, they all got arrested later that day, and got prosecuted on attempt of an manslaughter. All the members were wearing bulletproof vest and two pistols. Prosecutor counts that as an hardening evidense, bangers say that it was just protection. Motive is that these two gangs have fought before. The court held its session with closed door in an underground-level safe-courtroom with metal detectors´ n shit.

The word is out, that too many bandidos-members is sitting in jail at the moment, so that the vice-president has to do some dirty work for himself. The conviction is given next week.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » December 14th, 2007, 2:31 pm

Thought I'd update the situation in Finland a little:

First of all Russian or Estonian mafias aren't running the underground here no more. Finnish organizations have rapidly become stronger and more influential, as well as the numbers of criminal gangs have rapidly increased. I see I've wrote in 2005 that Finland has about 40-50 different criminal gangs, but now the number is close to 100. Also numbers of members have increased during the past few years. Also prisons have woke up to that, and now prisons have used a lot of energy in trying to decrease the gangs effect on prisons and prisoners. They also have built new maximun security blocks so that they could separate the gang members from the regular prisoners. But still prisons like "Riihimäen vankila" is notorious of it's gang problem. Also most of the new gang here are formed in prisons, contrariwise of how it used to be.

There's been so many accidents lately regarding different gangs that I'm not going to spend my time on those, but what is interesting is that at this moment most of the investigators of the Helsinki's "drug squad" are on a protest-kind sick-leave as they and their squad's commander are accused of protecting their snitches and tipping some criminals on what other police squads are up to.

Police themselves are saying that there have been no illegal activities among the investigators, and that the reason for this kind of accusations is that some powerful criminal organization is somehow forcing the ministry to pull off this squad, because they've done so much harm to some criminal organizations.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » January 17th, 2008, 12:38 pm

This isn't actually about gangs in Finland, but Helsinki (the capital city of Finland, if you didn't know) released their murder stats, and last year Helsinki's murder rate was 10.5 per 100,000 inhabitants. Finland as a whole had 2.8 murders per 100,000.

Murders went up by 16%, and other violence by 44%. But we are still the least violent country in Eastern Europe ;)

Feltti

Unread post by Feltti » February 14th, 2008, 9:33 am

punamusta wrote:Thought I'd update the situation in Finland a little:

...I see I've wrote in 2005 that Finland has about 40-50 different criminal gangs, but now the number is close to 100. Also numbers of members have increased during the past few years...
You claim that there is close to hundred criminal gangs in Finland? I dont think so...you can hardly get 20 if you count all the prison gangs and all other organized crime gangs. And the same people are runnin in many different gangs! You can get 100 "gangs" if you count all the graffiti crews and other shit as "gangs".

It looks like estonians and russians are still runnin the business here. Some swedish gangs might also be involved. Finnish gangs are joke, thats what i think.

I might be wrong though....

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » February 14th, 2008, 5:34 pm

Feltti wrote:
I might be wrong though....
Yea, you are wrong. Estonians and russians running the business? What business? And what russians? There's estonians involved in few things, but russians? They used to be, but not really anymore. And what Swedish gangs??? That's crazy! And what gangs do accept members from other gangs to join here in Finland?

And those gang numbers are from KRP (Finnish National Bureau of Investigation).

Feltti

Unread post by Feltti » February 15th, 2008, 1:40 am

Yea i might be wrong about estonians and russians, but the truth is there is swedish gangmembers involved... For an example if you look the armored car robbery at Lieto, atleast two of the guys were swedish and they also got away from the police during the bust. Finnish police think the same guys were involved in same kind of heist at Turku february 2007. Finnish police also did lot of co-operation with Europol and Estonian police, so some estonians were obiovlsy involved also.

And what comes to your KRP stats about finnish gangs...they obiovlsy have counted some punk kids stealing car stereos as "gangs". For me gang is atleast ten people group of hardcore criminals and they got name that they call themselves.

If three kids do carburglarys together does that make them a gang? NO!

And the drug business. Who is bringing drugs to this country? Huge amounts of drugs come from Poland, Baltia and Russia...Of course there is someone in Finland who buy those drugs to sell on, but the people from those countries where the drugs come from is making all the money.

Tells alot of finnish gangs criminal skills that most of the members and all leaders or "presidents" as they call themselves are sitting behind bars.

Feltti

Unread post by Feltti » February 15th, 2008, 1:50 am

And what i meant about "same people runnin many different gangs"...For example prison gang called MORE, it is so called "kattojärjestö" the members are mostly leaders or top members from the other gangs..

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » February 15th, 2008, 7:40 am

You got a lot of misinformation there, Feltti. A lot.

MORE isn't an actual gang, it's more or less an umbrella organization like you said, an union so to speak.

Those money robberies done here are done by a lot of people. Yea, there might be some swedish people involved, but there's a lot of other people involved, too - like estonians and finns and others. Those robberies here nor in Sweden are organized and executed by swedish gangmembers. And if some international group does a few money robberies here you hardly can call them "running the business in Finland", right.

And about those KRP stats: they don't count those youngstas stealing car stereos as a gang. You have any idea just how many different outlaw biker clubs Finland has?

About drugs... If you only watch the news, you get an image that it's always estonians who smuggle the drugs to Finland, but in reality a lot of times Finns go to pick up their drugs from the sellers themselves. But of course the person who sells the drugs can make a bigger profits if he knows how to make business, but that don't mean that people here couldn't do big money with those drugs. Go to Lapland, for example and the prize doubles compared to what it is in Southern Finland. For example, if you buy a bigger amount of amphetamine so that one gram costs you about 5 euros. Then you come back to Finland and sell that gram to 15-40 euros. So your profits can theoretically be up to 35 euros while the original seller made less than 5 euros profits.

It's stupid to assume that the original seller ALWAYS makes the bigger profits than the ones after him.

But yea, most of the leaders from well-known gangs are in prison, but that just how it goes from time to time. Those gangs are still active even though their leaders are jailed. I'm not saying that Finnish gangs are like sophisticated mafias, but there's a lot of people in here that do know what they are doing. And there's a lot of criminal organizations here that you haven't even heard of. Only some gangs seem to like the publicity, other avoid it by any means.

Feltti

Unread post by Feltti » February 16th, 2008, 4:33 am

Ok, thanks for givin me some facts then. My information was mostly based on the news information as you can probably see...shouldnt trust those news always as actual fact. Anyways Cannonball MC was on the news day before yesterday, they were extortin money and goods from the normal bikers that dont even belong to any club. And yet again they get caught...

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » February 16th, 2008, 9:31 am

Yes, news don't always tell you the truth. They like to link some gangs to some incidents that those gangs don't really have nothing to do with. Like if there's 15 guys that have done something and one of them is a support member of some gang, in the media it turns to be a story of gang crimes just because of that one support member.

And furthermore, the ones that get caught are the ones that makes their way to the news. Others you don't hear through the news. Or notice in the streets as they don't wear vests or colours. They might as well look just like any other business guy in a suit, but the way they're making their money is different ;)

That latest Cannonball MC accident was surprising... Don't really know what to think about it. Never heard of any other gang here do that kind of things. I guess they did a little money by taking those bikes and money off of the people, but how did they think they wouldn't get caught from that? I'm thinking they needed some money fast to some other business they were planning...

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » May 17th, 2008, 8:52 am

Couple of days ago there was an article about Finnish organized crime groups in newspapers. Here's basically what police said in that article:

- organized crime groups here has become stronger during the past few years, and keep getting stronger
- last year police seized a record amount of drugs and guns
- organized crime groups are mostly located in Helsinki metropolitan area
- strict hierarchy is typical for these groups
- number of members have been steadily growing and especially the strongest groups have been getting a lot of new members
- police sees no chance of big gang wars in the near future (although a 3 weeks ago a Bandidos member shot and killed a member of a gang called "1-800")
- police estimates that there is 80-90 organized crime groups in Finland, and that 15-20 of them are very active and forceful
- these groups use more and more the legal business companies for their benefits and there's been many incidents where some crime group has toke over a legal company (especially the construction companies)
- organized crime has focused more on financial crimes (checks, illegal gray labour, invading legal companies, etc.) than in the past

Finlandboy
What city do you live in now?: Huitsin nevadas

Unread post by Finlandboy » June 12th, 2008, 7:20 am

what gang is powerfull in Finland

SlickRiku
What city do you live in now?: Vittu

Unread post by SlickRiku » July 26th, 2008, 6:34 pm

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » July 27th, 2008, 9:11 am

Hahahahahaha!! Yea, these are the Crips that are "everywhere in Europe" like someone said, hahaha! They are widely feared and extremely violent ;)

Nah, but what is that? I know it's a joke, but still - damn. Kinda gay, some might say. And that boy with a bicycle helmet on his head, haahaha! Little too much time on these boys hands, I guess...

onemanarmy
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by onemanarmy » January 17th, 2009, 3:11 am

heard that ms-13 has landed to finland...

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » January 17th, 2009, 5:09 pm

onemanarmy wrote:heard that ms-13 has landed to finland...
Definitely not. Where have you heard that?

exitium
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: the small city

Unread post by exitium » February 4th, 2009, 2:32 pm

Wait a minute now.
Finnish gangs buy drugs from Estonia/Russia right?

Then they sell it for rly high price. They use sellers, so they get their slice(the sellers).

So?
1.How does that make profit;
2. Where do they get the MONEY to BUY the drugs.

Stuff like meth & weed can be made by yourself, it'll be a lot cheaper. just saying. Please someone reply to my questions.

And WTF Ms13 in Finland, there aint even many latinos@Finland :P All somalian blacks.