List mafias

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Zixx
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

List mafias

Unread post by Zixx » January 12th, 2008, 9:43 am

There are so many mobs these days. Can somebody do me a big favor and list all of them for me? These i know of: Russian Mafia, Italian Mafia, Estonian Mafia and Albanian Mafia.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: List mafias

Unread post by thewestside » January 12th, 2008, 3:16 pm

Zixx wrote:There are so many mobs these days. Can somebody do me a big favor and list all of them for me? These i know of: Russian Mafia, Italian Mafia, Estonian Mafia and Albanian Mafia.
Some groups may be categorized as "Mafias," while others would not, depending on how you want to define the term.

The Italian Mafia is actually made up of four separate groups - the Cosa Nostra (Sicily), the 'Ndrangheta (Calabria, Italy), the Camorra (Campania, Italy), and the Sacra Corona Unita (Puglia, Italy).

The Italian-American Mafia (La Cosa Nostra) based in the United States has familial and business connections to the Italian Mafias, but is a separate organization. The main families that remain are the five New York families (Genovese, Gambino, Lucchese, Colombo, Bonanno), the New Jersey family (DeCavalcante), the New England family (Patriarca), the Philadelphia family (Bruno/Scarfo), the Chicago family (the Outfit), and the Detroit family. Remnants of the families in Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Cleveland, Kansas City, St. Louis, Milwaukee, and Los Angeles also remain, but they are relatively small and weak.

The Russian Mafia is made up of dozens of major organizations, under which hundreds more smaller ones operate. They are sometimes referred to as Eurasian organized crime.

The Balkan Mafias or organized crime groups include members operating in Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro, Bulgaria, Greece, and Romania.

What could be called the Chinese Mafia includes various Triads (who operate internationally), Tongs (who operate locally in many countries), and gangs. Chinese Triad, Tong, and gangs together are made up of hundreds of organizations with tens of thousands of members.

The Japanese Mafia is known as the Yakuza. Like other Mafias, it is actually made up of a number of individual major groups, who have even more smaller minor groups under them. The Yakuza has tens of thousands of members.

Of course there are the Colombian and Mexican cartels.

The Nigerians have the most active organized crime groups out of Africa.

There are others but the list above contains most of the major ones.

crackalacking
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by crackalacking » January 13th, 2008, 3:04 am

The Irish and English are also big players.Irish are big in England,in America they are still around but not that big.The Irish in Canada and Australia are major players.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » January 16th, 2008, 4:10 pm

crackalacking wrote:The Irish and English are also big players.Irish are big in England,in America they are still around but not that big.The Irish in Canada and Australia are major players.
As far as the Irish go in the U.S., the Westies are pretty much gone in New York. There are still relatives of former members around but they aren't into anything heavy. There are still some members of the Winter Hill gang involved in things like bookmaking and drug dealing in Boston, but that's about it.

Return to “Europe (Western)”