Italy wracked by Mafia civil war

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
Disco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Disco » January 16th, 2005, 9:58 pm

NAPLES, Italy, Jan. 7 (UPI) --

A bloody gang war for control of a Mafia clan in Naples has reduced key parts of the city to a no-go zone, the Independent reported Friday.

Key leaders of the notorious Camorra branch of Cosa Nostra are embroiled in an unusually brutal fight for control of the mob, with even innocent relatives of rivals being killed.

Police now rarely venture into Forcella, Naples' historic Spanish district.

Clan boss Edoardo Bove was slain Wednesday in his fortified home, the fifth gangland killing in Naples in five days.

Bove was killed for disloyalty to the titular Camorra boss, Vincenzo Mazzarella, who was arrested by Italian and French police last month at a hideout near Disneyland Paris. Police Wednesday arrested Giovanni Cortese, described as the spokesman for Paolo di Lauro, the Camorra boss who set off a gang war in Scampia to discipline underlings.

The Bove killing follows this week's arrest of Francesco Romito, a 62-year-old kingpin once convicted of the murder of two Neapolitan Mafia foot soldiers.

© UPI, Headline News

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Italy wracked by Mafia civil war

Unread post by Mraka » January 17th, 2005, 1:54 pm

The man called "tracktor" is valid mafia king since last year more than 120 poeple got killed.In fact the mans name is now more like profffessor,though he didn`t finish two primary classes.Day to new year police tried to get him on a tip.It was him and his former collegue Toto RIIna to blame for the killing of at least to judges,back in the ninetees.One time a car bomb destroyed a bridge and left a crater.
Now he is left ,and runs his Organization with small envelopes .Corruption seems to be the biggest player there, as his last resort was close to the palace of justice.

BendyThumbs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BendyThumbs » January 17th, 2005, 9:15 pm

I think you're talking about Bernardo Provenzano.

He is the head of the Corleone Clan, and has been a fugitive for over thirty years. He is the undisputed head with his right hand man being the other fugitive boss, Matteo Messina Denaro the head of the Mazara del Vello clan.

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » January 18th, 2005, 5:49 am

yupp from Corleone
I read about 120 victims in mafia shootings in a few months, presenting a new high.

MeyerLansky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MeyerLansky » January 19th, 2005, 2:33 am

REad about Provenzano in the book "Cosa Nostra", that the police didn't have a photo of him after his 25th birthday or something close like that. He's been on the run from the police since like the 60's, but in reality, I doubt they do MUCH to get him these days.