Italian Gangs In NY

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
Lefty
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Italian Gangs In NY

Unread post by Lefty » May 6th, 2004, 2:03 pm

Ne 1 have anything on italian gangs in NY,post em here.

Root

Re: Italian Gangs In NY

Unread post by Root » May 13th, 2004, 2:59 pm

I've lived in cali, ny, and now fl. When I was up in NY it was a well established fact that the concrete trade was heavily controlled by the mafia.

[img]http://home.ripway.com/2004-4/105387/death.bmp[/img]

MeyerLansky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MeyerLansky » June 1st, 2004, 10:19 am

^word.

Lefty
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Lefty » June 15th, 2004, 7:09 am

Yea the mafia is more like an orginazation,i'm talkin bout lil drug crews and actual gang activity.

buttonlady
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by buttonlady » June 15th, 2004, 1:49 pm

Italians DO NOT have "GANGS". If they are any thing at all.... trust me on this....Its called Mafia. (Organizes Crime). not gang. That within itself can be taken as a great insult. the hardest banger hasn't a chance when it comes to "OCF" (organized Crime Families). OCF is totally different in that the set up is different, the communication is different, the consequence for screwing up is WAAAAAY different. Comparing the two (OCF to gangs) is like comparing a Corona beer to a hit off the ol crack pipe, which is exactly what people are smoking if they think that OCF and Gangs are the same.

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 15th, 2004, 6:54 pm

what u talkin bout.. they r still a "gang" as such..

buttonlady
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by buttonlady » June 17th, 2004, 2:56 am

It's called "familia" They are obligated to follow the practice known as Omerta, silence. This means no discussion of mafia activities with anyone outside the organization. "Italian" is variously translated as "This Thing of Ours" or "Our Thing", was originally the name of a loose confederation of people in Sicily centuries ago joined for the purposes of protection and vigilante law enforcement, and later engaged in organized crime. A member of the Mafia is a "mafioso", or a "man of honor". It is far beyond the understanding of a "Gang". Certain elements are close in their likness, but nevertheless, it remains different. The Sicilian mafia originated hundreds of years ago as a kind of protection society during the Spanish occupation of Sicily, although some claim that the term itself, if not the organization it denotes, can be traced back to the Sicilian Vespers in 1282, when the Sicilians threw off the yoke of French occupation. The locals felt they could not trust the Spanish law enforcement officials, and so formed their own protection societies, which developed into the Mafia. So, like i was saying, it is very different.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » June 17th, 2004, 5:23 am

i was in Nyc last week..

and i heard that the italian mafia runs the meatpack district (ugly fuckin place) and they take care of the garbage in town ..

juniorx
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by juniorx » June 21st, 2004, 9:28 pm

buttonlady wrote:It's called "familia" They are obligated to follow the practice known as Omerta, silence. This means no discussion of mafia activities with anyone outside the organization. "Italian" is variously translated as "This Thing of Ours" or "Our Thing", was originally the name of a loose confederation of people in Sicily centuries ago joined for the purposes of protection and vigilante law enforcement, and later engaged in organized crime. A member of the Mafia is a "mafioso", or a "man of honor". It is far beyond the understanding of a "Gang". Certain elements are close in their likness, but nevertheless, it remains different. The Sicilian mafia originated hundreds of years ago as a kind of protection society during the Spanish occupation of Sicily, although some claim that the term itself, if not the organization it denotes, can be traced back to the Sicilian Vespers in 1282, when the Sicilians threw off the yoke of French occupation. The locals felt they could not trust the Spanish law enforcement officials, and so formed their own protection societies, which developed into the Mafia. So, like i was saying, it is very different.
whered u get this from.. ive read that before..

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » June 21st, 2004, 10:15 pm

The italian mafias been losing alot of power for years now. The russians chinese columbians cubans have been gaining more power

Lefty
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Lefty » July 2nd, 2004, 7:36 am

Excuse me buttonlady,where r u from?Idk bout where u r,but in NY there R PLENTY of lil italian gangs,not 2 mention La Cosa Nostra.Just last year around this time they swept up a bunch of them in howard beach,and 1 of the guys was an actor on the sopranos.I ran with the Avenue L Boys in Canarsie,and in Bensonhurst i've heard of a gang called the Italian Playboys,and i've heard rumors but i am not certain of certain factions of Latin Kings letting Italians and Greeks in.

GUNJA SMOKIN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GUNJA SMOKIN » July 15th, 2004, 8:22 pm

wots his name, the one in sopranos btw?

Lefty
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Lefty » July 15th, 2004, 8:36 pm

Which 1 r u talking about?

RedRum2

Unread post by RedRum2 » August 13th, 2004, 6:20 pm

Anyone ever hear of "Lil' Cosa Nostra"? I saw a show on the Discovery channel and they mentioned "Lil Cosa Nostra" and it was a younger version of the mafia the members all looked no older than 18....I think they were from the Brooklyn area

Lefty
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Lefty » August 19th, 2004, 11:26 am

Yes kids From Bensonhurst/Bayridge area of Brooklyn

phoenix
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by phoenix » August 25th, 2004, 11:57 pm

in arizona there is an italian gang its made up of greeks sicilions and italians they do allow spanish and blacks but i knwo its hard to get in if you are they run there shit liek the mob its crazy there called the AIKG almighty italian king gangsters and i knwo they call thereselfs the 1% mafia new age mafia baby god fathers they control shit for real ill find soem info out on em i knwi they dont liek to be called a gang there a sndicate no colors or anything i know that there is outof state bangers in it i knwo that the blacks in it are made up of crips and bloods and shit so...

TAKAL

Unread post by TAKAL » September 16th, 2004, 8:27 pm

people dont think the mob still runnin but it still runnin all over the damn place. my uncle works for a garbage company in ny. the mob runs it. he dont really know much bout it tho. they are kind of secret but nobody asks questions they run things nobodys fucks with the mob not the police, govt, nobody

Red Rum56
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Red Rum56 » September 16th, 2004, 8:33 pm

c notes in chi town is an Italian street gang.

AustStein

Unread post by AustStein » September 30th, 2004, 10:31 pm

"whered u get this from.. ive read that before.."

There is something very very similar to this in a book called "Cosa Nostra: A History Of The Sicilian Mafia" by John Dickie.

Of course there are going to be "Italian" gangs, but the Mafia cannot be considered a "Gang" as such

Sheeklouchdblock
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Sheeklouchdblock » October 6th, 2004, 1:55 pm

Back about 8 years ago My relative use to go to a school in bensonhurst..
there was a Italian gang name H.D.D back then and they would call bensonhurst "White Harlem"....lol...He use to fight alot with them because bensonhurst is an all italian neighborhood and there use to be race wars in the school........

Lefty
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Lefty » October 9th, 2004, 10:23 am

yea bensonhurst is still crazy like that

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » October 14th, 2004, 9:31 pm

italian crime aren't really street gangs. there usualy more organized, don't wear colors, and operate much differently and on a diffrent skale.

bronx use to be real big with italians, now not really. some spots in brooklyn near willamsberg use to be big, too. italians still live there but i don't think there's as much activity as there once was. they mostly got spots in brooklyn now. and the cops doin a big ass search in ozone park/howard beach.

Baby-Girl16
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Baby-Girl16 » January 23rd, 2005, 5:52 pm

damm

Return to “Canada street gangs & US Organized Crime”