Detroit Albanian Organised Crime.

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
AlbaniaUnited
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: The Bronx

Re: Detroit Albanian Organised Crime.

Unread post by AlbaniaUnited » December 11th, 2008, 5:17 pm

Language and a code of silence have protected the Albanian-American crime factions from outside penetration. "They are real secretive" says a detective in Hamtramck, Mich., a Detroit suburb where many Albanians live. He says police have tried but failed to infiltrate Albanian gangs here.

Albanian-Americans criminals, police say, are involved in everything from gun-running to counterfeiting.

"They're a wild bunch of people," says Capt. Glen McAlpine of the Shelby Township, Mich., police. During an investigation of Albanian crime in Shelby, a bomb exploded next to the police station. A police officer also was threatened, Capt. McAlpine says.

"Authorities both in Europe and the United States are at a loss as to the nature and extent of these groups and have succeeded in making only minor arrests."

Despite being 21, Ermira Hatija (pictured above) headed a multi-million dollar Ecstasy trafficking ring based in Detroit, Michigan. Authorities also believe that Hatija has been involved in human trafficking along the Canadian-US border.

Asian and, increasingly, Albanian traffickers are wholesale suppliers of high- potency marijuana and MDMA produced in Canada. Albanian traffickers have emerged as transporters and wholesale distributors of Canadian high-potency marijuana and MDMA. Caucasian and African American criminal groups also smuggle MDMA into Michigan from Canada.

The Wall Street Journal, Monday, September 9, 1985, pp.1,18
MEN OF PURPOSE: THE GROWTH OF ALBANIAN CRIMINAL ACTIVITY by GUS XHUDO
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=43268
http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs27/27496/transprt.htm#Top

To be continued...

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 11th, 2008, 5:42 pm

What in any of that post says anything more than what you have already stated before? Or proves in any way your claim that Albanians "dominate the organized crime scene" in Detriot? The DEA report mentions a number of different groups involved in the drug trade in the area. But you read a few passages on Albanians and single them out as being dominant. That is the very definition of hype.

AlbaniaUnited
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AlbaniaUnited » December 11th, 2008, 7:44 pm

thewestside wrote:What in any of that post says anything more than what you have already stated before? Or proves in any way your claim that Albanians "dominate the organized crime scene" in Detriot? The DEA report mentions a number of different groups involved in the drug trade in the area. But you read a few passages on Albanians and single them out as being dominant. That is the very definition of hype.

Yeah it says, Albanians are whole salers then it says... African Americans and other caucasians are also involved... So yeah excuse me for assuming that the Albanians are dominate in the field for being the first ones mentioned by ethnicity.

They didnt say that the Albanians were second either... they just said they are whole sale suppliers and increasingly are transporting the stuff as well. I only assume that the Asians are bigger suppliers because they are all over Canada and I have heard that they grow it as well. Hell Asians can mean alot of things in Canada, Koreans, Chinse, Japanese... Albanians were the only ones mentioned by specific ethnicity. But you as always, want to downsize the Albanians...

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » December 11th, 2008, 7:57 pm

LOL, yeah but they cant go lower then the three I mentioned, what is the Russian, Albanian and Italian mafia compared to those two groups in America
ahahahahahaha you're getting mad because italian mafia is stronger than mexican and colombians looooool FBI SAID IT MORON you are an ignorant nobody you DO NOT KNOW shit on organized crime you don't know even what the word mafia means :D :D :D cosa nostra id BY FAR the strongest accroding to FBI so shut up your fucking mouth girl ahahahahahah latinos control only some drugs they are nothing in organized crime in the america the mafia controls several business not only drugs it controls garbage, construction firms, hotels, gambling, bets, extortions, money laundering and they are FAR more entrenched they had been opresent for more than 120 years in america... you would like downsize italian mafia uh? ahahahahaha you can't idiot they are too strong they are the STRONGEST in both north america and europe nobody of these group is strong as in the two continents only italians are

La Cosa Nostra is the foremost organized criminal threat to American society. Literally translated into English it means “this thing of ours.” It is a nationwide alliance of criminals—linked by blood ties or through conspiracy—dedicated to pursuing crime and protecting its members.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/orgcrime/lcnindex.htm

and that's waht canadian goverment says

Italian Organized Crime / La Cosa Nostra
Canadian and US law enforcement agencies use different terminology to describe organized crime of Italian origin. Ethnic Italian organized crime groups based in the United States are referred to as La Cosa Nostra (LCN). By comparison, criminal groups based in Italy that conduct criminal activity in the United States are referred to as Italian Organized Crime (IOC). LCN groups are the more prevalent of the two types of ethnic Italian criminal groups in the United States. Canadian law enforcement refers to all ethnic Italian criminal activity as either Traditional Organized Crime or Italian Organized Crime. For the purposes of this document, Italian Organized Crime will reflect Canadian usage.

The principal Italian criminal groupings in Canada are the Sicilian Mafia and the ‘Ndrangheta, or Calabrian Mafia. The Sicilian Mafia is the most influential, with links to other Sicilian groups across Canada and in the United States, Italy and Venezuela. In many parts of Canada, the Sicilian Mafia exerts a powerful influence over the ‘Ndrangheta.

IOC / LCN is the most mature form of organized crime in both Canada and the United States. Its ability to form alliances with and coopt other organized crime groups gives it global influence. The emerging generation of IOC / LCN leaders has access to tremendous financial resources. In the United States, LCN initiation ceremonies dictate clear distinctions between official (or “made”) members and associates. In Canada, distinctions are drawn between “executives,” “members” and “associates” and the existence of LCN-style initiation rituals has not been confirmed. In both countries, IOC / LCN is distinguished by its strict, vertically integrated, hierarchical structure. The discipline and efficiency that result from this structure permit IOC / LCN to focus resources to maximize profit. This structure is in stark contrast to other forms of criminal activity, such as Asian and Eurasian / Eastern European organized crime, which tend to be more focused on opportunity and immediate profit rather than the development of the organization as a criminal enterprise over a long period of time.

Forecast

Although drug trafficking continues to be a financial mainstay for IOC / LCN groups, they will continue to diversify into a variety of profitable ventures.
The emerging generation of IOC / LCN members will make increasing use of technology to secure communications and maximize profits.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/organizedcrime/octa_e.htm

AlbaniaUnited
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AlbaniaUnited » December 12th, 2008, 12:50 pm

Faciulina wrote:
LOL, yeah but they cant go lower then the three I mentioned, what is the Russian, Albanian and Italian mafia compared to those two groups in America
ahahahahahaha you're getting mad because italian mafia is stronger than mexican and colombians looooool FBI SAID IT MORON you are an ignorant nobody you DO NOT KNOW shit on organized crime you don't know even what the word mafia means :D :D :D cosa nostra id BY FAR the strongest accroding to FBI so shut up your #%@&#%@ mouth girl ahahahahahah latinos control only some drugs they are nothing in organized crime in the america the mafia controls several business not only drugs it controls garbage, construction firms, hotels, gambling, bets, extortions, money laundering and they are FAR more entrenched they had been opresent for more than 120 years in america... you would like downsize italian mafia uh? ahahahahaha you can't idiot they are too strong they are the STRONGEST in both north america and europe nobody of these group is strong as in the two continents only italians are
Listen good you moron, the Mexicans and the Colombians are a lot more powerful then the Italian mafia in America. You would be an idiot to think that the Italians stand against either group in America.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » December 12th, 2008, 1:27 pm

Listen good you moron, the Mexicans and the Colombians are a lot more powerful then the Italian mafia in America. You would be an idiot to think that the Italians stand against either group in America.
ahahahahah i posted an article where FBI says cosa nostra is still the most powerful looooool i believe more in FBI then your own assumptions :D :D :D

AlbaniaUnited
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AlbaniaUnited » December 12th, 2008, 2:29 pm

Faciulina wrote:
ahahahahah i posted an article where FBI says cosa nostra is still the most powerful looooool i believe more in FBI then your own assumptions :D :D :D
They are talking about organized crime not drug trafficking. Honestly what the hell is wrong with you? The Mexicans and Colombians supply America with almost every drug completely. There is no possibly way the Italians combined with the Albanians and Russian can match them in America.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 12th, 2008, 3:21 pm

AlbaniaUnited wrote:Yeah it says, Albanians are whole salers then it says... African Americans and other caucasians are also involved... So yeah excuse me for assuming that the Albanians are dominate in the field for being the first ones mentioned by ethnicity.
No, I won't excuse you. Just because Albanians are mentioned first in a sentence doesn't mean jack shit. But you were happy to take that and ASSUME that Albanians are the "dominant" crime group in Detroit because it's what you WANT to believe. This is exactly what I mean by your WISHFUL THINKING influencing how you read things.
They didnt say that the Albanians were second either... they just said they are whole sale suppliers and increasingly are transporting the stuff as well. I only assume that the Asians are bigger suppliers because they are all over Canada and I have heard that they grow it as well. Hell Asians can mean alot of things in Canada, Koreans, Chinse, Japanese... Albanians were the only ones mentioned by specific ethnicity. But you as always, want to downsize the Albanians...
Enough of this shit. I'm not trying to downsize Albanians. But here you go again. You find a report that mentions Albanians and then READ WHAT YOU WANT INTO IT. So the report didn't even say that the Albanians were #2 huh? I guess that was just another ASSUMPTION by you. Why don't you try be honest for once and just say what the report actually states you lying little shit? Serves me right for taking your word for it.
Faciulina wrote:ahahahahah i posted an article where FBI says cosa nostra is still the most powerful looooool i believe more in FBI then your own assumptions
In terms of drug trafficking in the U.S., the Mexican and Colombian groups are far and away the biggest. They dwarf every other group, including La Cosa Nostra, which is primarily at the mid-level now. The reason why certain law enforcement agencies consider the LCN to still the biggest organized crime threat is because of it's diversification and scope of both legal and illegal activities, particularly labor racketeering and it's involvement in legitimate industries.
AlbaniaUnited wrote:They are talking about organized crime not drug trafficking
Organized Crime

The FBI defines organized crime as any group having some manner of a formalized structure and whose primary objective is to obtain money through illegal activities. Such groups maintain their position through the use of actual or threatened violence, corrupt public officials, graft, or extortion, and generally have a significant impact on the people in their locales, region, or the country as a whole.

Significant Racketeering Activity

The FBI defines significant racketeering activities as those predicate criminal acts that are chargeable under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations statute. These are found in Title 18 of the United States Code, Section 1961 (1) and include the following federal crimes:

Bribery
Sports Bribery
Counterfeiting
Embezzlement of Union Funds
Mail Fraud
Wire Fraud
Money Laundering
Obstruction of Justice
Murder for Hire
Drug Trafficking
Prostitution
Sexual Exploitation of Children
Alien Smuggling
Trafficking in Counterfeit Goods
Theft from Interstate Shipment
Interstate Transportation of Stolen Property

And the following state crimes:

Murder
Kidnapping
Gambling
Arson
Robbery
Bribery
Extortion
Drugs

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/orgcrime/glossary.htm

AlbaniaUnited
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AlbaniaUnited » December 12th, 2008, 3:47 pm

No, I won't excuse you.
Then suck my fcuking dcik bitch.
Enough of this shit. I'm not trying to downsize Albanians. But here you go again. You find a report that mentions Albanians and then READ WHAT YOU WANT INTO IT. So the report didn't even say that the Albanians were #2 huh? I guess that was just another ASSUMPTION by you. Why don't you try be honest for once and just say what the report actually states you lying little shit? Serves me right for taking your word for it.
I never asked you to take my word for it you moron. You could have read it yourself. I give you a link and look you dont even read it. Shows how much you care about organized crime. Your a joke.

The Albanians ARE THE ONLY GROUP MENTIONED BY ETHNICITY! in that entire report. They also mention the Asians as significant wholesalers of Marijuana and X as well. Then they said that Albanians increasingly are trasnporting the stuff as well. Then they mention that Caucasian and African America groups are also transporters of it as well. So okay yeah, I ASSUMED that the Albanians were second only to the Asians. When it very well could be that the Albanians are ahead of the Asians as well. I mean Asians means, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc... The Albanians were the only group mentioned by specific ethnicity. It is just based on my own knowledge that I say the Asians are ahead of the Albanians. And that is assumed by me because they grow the stuff themselves all over British Colombia and Nova Scotia.
In terms of drug trafficking in the U.S., the Mexican and Colombian groups are far and away the biggest. They dwarf every other group, including La Cosa Nostra, which is primarily at the mid-level now. The reason why certain law enforcement agencies consider the LCN to still the biggest organized crime threat is because of it's diversification and scope of both legal and illegal activities, particularly labor racketeering and it's involvement in legitimate industries.
But that still doesnt make them as big a threat as the Mexicans or Colombians. Explain that to him as well.
The FBI defines organized crime as any group having some manner of a formalized structure and whose primary objective is to obtain money through illegal activities. Such groups maintain their position through the use of actual or threatened violence, corrupt public officials, graft, or extortion, and generally have a significant impact on the people in their locales, region, or the country as a whole.

Significant Racketeering Activity

The FBI defines significant racketeering activities as those predicate criminal acts that are chargeable under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations statute. These are found in Title 18 of the United States Code, Section 1961 (1) and include the following federal crimes:

Bribery
Sports Bribery
Counterfeiting
Embezzlement of Union Funds
Mail Fraud
Wire Fraud
Money Laundering
Obstruction of Justice
Murder for Hire
Drug Trafficking
Prostitution
Sexual Exploitation of Children
Alien Smuggling
Trafficking in Counterfeit Goods
Theft from Interstate Shipment
Interstate Transportation of Stolen Property

And the following state crimes:

Murder
Kidnapping
Gambling
Arson
Robbery
Bribery
Extortion
Drugs

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/orgcrime/glossary.htm
Thanks dcik, I didnt know what organized crime meant. That still doesnt change the fact that the Mexicans and Colombians are not REFERRED TO as organized crime. The FBI doesnt talk about them that much. The DEA is on them primarily. No one calls Mexican gangsters, Mexican mobsters... however, Albanians are called mobsters because of their white skin and diversity in activities. That is why I dont consider them the typical organized crime group even though they do fit the criteria of it.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » December 12th, 2008, 3:55 pm

AlbaniaUnited wrote:Thanks dcik, I didnt know what organized crime meant. That still doesnt change the fact that the Mexicans and Colombians are not REFERRED TO as organized crime. The FBI doesnt talk about them that much. The DEA is on them primarily. No one calls Mexican gangsters, Mexican mobsters... however, Albanians are called mobsters because of their white skin and diversity in activities. That is why I dont consider them the typical organized crime group even though they do fit the criteria of it.
As I said before, you just can't make up your OWN DEFINITION of organized crime. The FBI investigates groups such as the Italians, Russians, Albanians, Asians, etc., while the DEA investigates the primarily drug trafficking groups such as the Mexicans, Colombians, etc. but THEY ARE ALL CONSIDERED ORGANIZED CRIME. Skin color has nothing to do with it.

But if you want to get more detailed, as of late, the FBI and other law enforcement agencies have come to refer to the newer groups (Russians, Albanians, Chinese, etc.) as "criminal enterprises" rather than "organized crime."

Russian and Albanian groups "are more like criminal enterprises than organized crime," observes agent Dennis Bolles, who heads the squad investigating them.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/16/fbi.mob/index.html

AlbaniaUnited
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AlbaniaUnited » December 12th, 2008, 4:18 pm

As I said before, you just can't make up your OWN DEFINITION of organized crime. The FBI investigates groups such as the Italians, Russians, Albanians, Asians, etc., while the DEA investigates the primarily drug trafficking groups such as the Mexicans, Colombians, etc. but THEY ARE ALL CONSIDERED ORGANIZED CRIME. Skin color has nothing to do with it.

But if you want to get more detailed, as of late, the FBI and other law enforcement agencies have come to refer to the newer groups (Russians, Albanians, Chinese, etc.) as "criminal enterprises" rather than "organized crime."

Russian and Albanian groups "are more like criminal enterprises than organized crime," observes agent Dennis Bolles, who heads the squad investigating them.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/16/fbi.mob/index.html
Okay from now on I will say it like this. The Albanians are the strongest [FBI type] organized crime group in Detroit.

Secondly, yes I read that report and it makes sense. Albanian organized crime groups are more like criminal enterprises than organized crime. Albanian groups form on blood and bonds stemming mostly from the region they come from back home or just plain friendship between one another. Theres no ranks, just people following a few central leaders or a single leader sometimes..

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » December 12th, 2008, 10:00 pm

Okay from now on I will say it like this. The Albanians are the strongest [FBI type] organized crime group in Detroit.
ahahahahahha no they DON'T moron FBI never said it

but it said albanians are not even organized crime LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL the FBI confirmed what i'we always said the albanians are just CHICKENTHIEVES MOB :D :D :D

AlbaniaUnited
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AlbaniaUnited » December 12th, 2008, 11:24 pm

Faciulina wrote:
ahahahahahha no they DON'T moron FBI never said it

but it said albanians are not even organized crime LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL the FBI confirmed what i'we always said the albanians are just CHICKENTHIEVES MOB :D :D :D
Your seriously, seriously a moron. Get help.

Stoobage
What city do you live in now?: Detroit

Unread post by Stoobage » February 12th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Ok, gotta chime in here. First off, let me state I'm not Italian, Albanian, Russian and not a gangster or claim to be one. On the other side as a matter of fact. My career has allowed me to learn a lot about organized crime and I've probably met with more gangsters (some real deal, some not) than most.

The best analogy I can come up with as far as real organized crime is this: Italians are the sh*t, Russians a fart and Albanians a diarrhea skid mark. Meaning....Italians are the kings of oc throughout history (and to simplify, I'm talking American OC). They are there, people know they are there, but you cannot get rid of them. Like a big pile of poo. Russians are a little different. They are there, you can smell them....but cannot always see them. Not always visible. Strike quick and effectively, then poof, gone. Albanians are messy and sloppy. Yes they are there, but very unorganized and such a mess.

A little history on US OC. It's such a broad topic to cover so I'll be brief and if I misstate or leave something out sorry. Firstly, let me say being violent and crazy does not make you an OC group. Just because Albanians whack people with AK's in broad daylight does not qualify you as being "powerful". In that respect, you'd have to include street gangs like the Crips, Bloods, Latin Kings, Gangster Disciples, Vicelords, etc. And don't tell me they are not organized. Gangs like the Mexican Mafia are just as organized as many of the Italian and other groups operating in the US. Street Gangs kill way more people than any OC group, there is no way to dispute that. But does that make them more powerful, hell no. Shooting up an entire block over $100 worth of crack won't get you anywhere but dead or jailed. So I'll stick to true, traditional OC.

Like I said before, the Italians are king. No other group has lasted the length of time or had the penetration into society as the LCN. Basically, OC started with the immigrant groups in New York and spread. The main players in the beginning would be the Italians, Jews and Irish.

The Irish had a good run through bootlegging, etc but pretty much died out with the Westies in NY during the 70's. Yes, Whitey and his crew ran Boston well into the 90's but Boston is an isolated city due to the high Irish population there. And who did he work with? The Italians.

The Jews were basically a one generation OC group but were some of the smartest and toughest ever. Ever hear of Murder, Inc? A fascinating group of Jews and some Italians that killed at will, some say as many as a 1000 hits. They were the first and last group of their kind. Run by Jews like Lewis Lepke, Bugsy Seigel and Meyer Lansky. True moneymakers. A really cool story if you do some research. Anyway, the Jews were visionary and genius with money. They started Las Vegas (which was eventually taken over by Italians), the largest cash cow any mob has ever experienced. But the Jews only went one generation with many of their offspring become educated and going on to be doctors, lawyers and legit businessmen. Pretty much they were gone by the 60's.

Now the Italians. A true powerhouse of organized crime, the originators. Whenever you hear "mafia", that's an Italian word. So Russian "mafia", Albanian "mafia", Japanese "mafia", etc are all based/modeled on the Italians. No other group in the history of the US has controlled crime in so many cities across the US like the vice grip of the Italian mafia. Yes, the hey days are over for the Italians but I don't see anyone matching what they have done. During the power days they controlled politicians, police forces, entire industries and were so entrenched in cities like New York, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly, Tampa, New Orleans, KC, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Youngstown, Vegas, Boston, the list goes on and on. I mean they helped elect JFK for god's sake! A president! The worked with the CIA in Cuba, decided elections, controlled unions, ports....the power they once wielded is really remarkable. And they were ruthless. But they evolved. They went from tommy gunning in the streets to piano wire in back alleys and making people just plain disappear. Anyone seen Hoffa? One of the most recognizable men in the 50's, 60's and 70's just gone? A lot of folks beleive they had a hand in the JFK assassination. Jack Ruby was known to be connected to Carlos Marcello in New Orleans. Crazy stuff, the killing of a US president? That is real power.

I'll be the first to agree they are a shell of what they once were but they are still active and making tons of money. They don't whack people anymore because they don't need to. The fear is there. They don't knock over joints and stick people up anymore because they don't need to, they can steal millions with mouse clicks and white collar frauds.

The Russians are probably the most powerful group worldwide, but they haven't totally taken over in the US. They are kings of money laundering and are definitely the most high tech and probably the smartest OC group. Cyber crime, stock scams, arms, drugs, prostitution they are into everything and are good at everything. They own banks in Russia and use them as their personal pocketbooks. You don't do business in Russian without running into OC. And lets not forget the size of Russia. Also all those former states like Ukraine, Latvia, Belarus, etc, the criminal groups couldn't operate in those countries without the blessing of the Russians. The Russians are deadly smart and deadly genius. A ruthless combo. They employ doctors, MBAs, engineers, very intelligent people.

Now the Banies. The Albanians are the newest up and comers but have a long, long way to go before rivaling the history of the Italians, the genius of the Jews or the reach of the Russians. They are like the little kid at the table trying to pick up the scraps. The annoying little brother who just wants to be noticed. In my opinion, they don't have the brains or organizational skill to evolve like the other groups have. But they are definitely ruthless and brave, you have to give them that. They will kill at will and are very good at it. But killing is a small part of true OC, I don't picture them infiltrating society like the Italians did. A mafioso could be stringing you up in a back alley one day, then having a $1000 lunch with a politician wearing a silk suit the next. I don't see that kind of cunning and personality in the Albanians. I'm not trying to knock them, they may become much more powerful someday. But you just cannot compare them at this time. Not in the same ballpark or even same league.

As far as the Banies in Detroit go, they are far from the most powerful. There is no clear cut group in Detroit. Italians, Russians, Romanians, Chaldeans, Arabs, Asians, Albanians, OMGS, black gangs, Latino gangs all have there cuts there. The Albanians do a lot of the petty street crime, but don't go near the city of Detroit or really anywhere outside of the upper East subs. To say they are number 1 is just plain wrong.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Nunaya

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 12th, 2009, 9:01 pm

First of all, you have no idea what you are talking about. The Albanians in Michigan control a large portion of the marijuana and almost all of the human smuggling there.

Secondly, Do you know who Behgjet Pacolli is? He bribed a Russian president and Finnish president totalling $100,000,000 USD. THAT MY FRIEND, is power. Not some sleazy rumor about killing the president.

Thirdly, the Albanians are active in white collar activities as well. Maybe not as much as the other groups but the Albanians are the latest gangsters to hit the American scene. That stuff takes time to develop into. Albanians are not as violent as they once were. They have adapted more into American society now. Before, they had no consent for the American way, contracting out hitment to kill DEA agents and prosecutors including Giuliani himself.

I dont think you quite know about the stance of Albanians organized crime buddy. You dont seem to have all of you're information in check. The Albanian mafia is one of the most powerful in the world now a days. They are the most powerful in Europe. They have extended themselves to every corner of the earth. Albanian OC has been indicated in the smallest of cities such as Winnipeg, Alaska, Dalla, Mexico, etc... where there isnt even a visible Albanian community.

You know what. I will just PM you some information. In the mean time, take a look at my posts on "Official: Albanian Mafia".

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » February 12th, 2009, 9:13 pm

CheGuevara wrote:First of all, you have no idea what you are talking about. The Albanians in Michigan control a large portion of the marijuana and almost all of the human smuggling there.

Secondly, Do you know who Behgjet Pacolli is? He bribed a Russian president and Finnish president totalling $100,000,000 USD. THAT MY FRIEND, is power. Not some sleazy rumor about killing the president.

Thirdly, the Albanians are active in white collar activities as well. Maybe not as much as the other groups but the Albanians are the latest gangsters to hit the American scene. That stuff takes time to develop into. Albanians are not as violent as they once were. They have adapted more into American society now. Before, they had no consent for the American way, contracting out hitment to kill DEA agents and prosecutors including Giuliani himself.

I dont think you quite know about the stance of Albanians organized crime buddy. You dont seem to have all of you're information in check. The Albanian mafia is one of the most powerful in the world now a days. They are the most powerful in Europe. They have extended themselves to every corner of the earth. Albanian OC has been indicated in the smallest of cities such as Winnipeg, Alaska, Dalla, Mexico, etc... where there isnt even a visible Albanian community.

You know what. I will just PM you some information. In the mean time, take a look at my posts on "Official: Albanian Mafia".
LOL, information to anyone who is new to the forum,do not take info from this guy.
And Johnny its funny when you try to tell people who actually live in those cities (in this case Detroit) otherwise when you dont even know sh*t about the cities you've never been to.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 12th, 2009, 9:24 pm

LOL, information to anyone who is new to the forum,do not take info from this guy.
And Johnny its funny when you try to tell people who actually live in those cities (in this case Detroit) otherwise when you dont even know sh*t about the cities you've never been to.
Oh okay, I was not aware that you needed to live in a city to know of the crime situation. Thanks for the heads up. I think I will go by what reports say instead. One Albanian group was indicted and it was estimated that they controlled 75% of the human smuggling into Michigan. An RCMP report came out and it stated Albanians and Asians as the premier marijuana wholesalers in Michigan. Ermira Hatija would be another example of Albanian OC in Michigan. Learn you're sh*t before you speak.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » February 12th, 2009, 9:36 pm

CheGuevara wrote:
Oh okay, I was not aware that you needed to live in a city to know of the crime situation. Thanks for the heads up. I think I will go by what reports say instead. One Albanian group was indicted and it was estimated that they controlled 75% of the human smuggling into Michigan. An RCMP report came out and it stated Albanians and Asians as the premier marijuana wholesalers in Michigan. Ermira Hatija would be another example of Albanian OC in Michigan. Learn you're sh*t before you speak.
lol at learn you're shit before speaking,biggest BSh*tter on here.I'll go by that correct sources rather than obscure sources you've provided.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » February 13th, 2009, 1:02 am

Stoobage wrote:Ok, gotta chime in here. First off, let me state I'm not Italian, Albanian, Russian and not a gangster or claim to be one. On the other side as a matter of fact. My career has allowed me to learn a lot about organized crime and I've probably met with more gangsters (some real deal, some not) than most.

The best analogy I can come up with as far as real organized crime is this: Italians are the sh*t, Russians a fart and Albanians a diarrhea skid mark. Meaning....Italians are the kings of oc throughout history (and to simplify, I'm talking American OC). They are there, people know they are there, but you cannot get rid of them. Like a big pile of poo. Russians are a little different. They are there, you can smell them....but cannot always see them. Not always visible. Strike quick and effectively, then poof, gone. Albanians are messy and sloppy. Yes they are there, but very unorganized and such a mess.

A little history on US OC. It's such a broad topic to cover so I'll be brief and if I misstate or leave something out sorry. Firstly, let me say being violent and crazy does not make you an OC group. Just because Albanians whack people with AK's in broad daylight does not qualify you as being "powerful". In that respect, you'd have to include street gangs like the Crips, Bloods, Latin Kings, Gangster Disciples, Vicelords, etc. And don't tell me they are not organized. Gangs like the Mexican Mafia are just as organized as many of the Italian and other groups operating in the US. Street Gangs kill way more people than any OC group, there is no way to dispute that. But does that make them more powerful, hell no. Shooting up an entire block over $100 worth of crack won't get you anywhere but dead or jailed. So I'll stick to true, traditional OC.

Like I said before, the Italians are king. No other group has lasted the length of time or had the penetration into society as the LCN. Basically, OC started with the immigrant groups in New York and spread. The main players in the beginning would be the Italians, Jews and Irish.

The Irish had a good run through bootlegging, etc but pretty much died out with the Westies in NY during the 70's. Yes, Whitey and his crew ran Boston well into the 90's but Boston is an isolated city due to the high Irish population there. And who did he work with? The Italians.

The Jews were basically a one generation OC group but were some of the smartest and toughest ever. Ever hear of Murder, Inc? A fascinating group of Jews and some Italians that killed at will, some say as many as a 1000 hits. They were the first and last group of their kind. Run by Jews like Lewis Lepke, Bugsy Seigel and Meyer Lansky. True moneymakers. A really cool story if you do some research. Anyway, the Jews were visionary and genius with money. They started Las Vegas (which was eventually taken over by Italians), the largest cash cow any mob has ever experienced. But the Jews only went one generation with many of their offspring become educated and going on to be doctors, lawyers and legit businessmen. Pretty much they were gone by the 60's.

Now the Italians. A true powerhouse of organized crime, the originators. Whenever you hear "mafia", that's an Italian word. So Russian "mafia", Albanian "mafia", Japanese "mafia", etc are all based/modeled on the Italians. No other group in the history of the US has controlled crime in so many cities across the US like the vice grip of the Italian mafia. Yes, the hey days are over for the Italians but I don't see anyone matching what they have done. During the power days they controlled politicians, police forces, entire industries and were so entrenched in cities like New York, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly, Tampa, New Orleans, KC, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Youngstown, Vegas, Boston, the list goes on and on. I mean they helped elect JFK for god's sake! A president! The worked with the CIA in Cuba, decided elections, controlled unions, ports....the power they once wielded is really remarkable. And they were ruthless. But they evolved. They went from tommy gunning in the streets to piano wire in back alleys and making people just plain disappear. Anyone seen Hoffa? One of the most recognizable men in the 50's, 60's and 70's just gone? A lot of folks beleive they had a hand in the JFK assassination. Jack Ruby was known to be connected to Carlos Marcello in New Orleans. Crazy stuff, the killing of a US president? That is real power.

I'll be the first to agree they are a shell of what they once were but they are still active and making tons of money. They don't whack people anymore because they don't need to. The fear is there. They don't knock over joints and stick people up anymore because they don't need to, they can steal millions with mouse clicks and white collar frauds.

The Russians are probably the most powerful group worldwide, but they haven't totally taken over in the US. They are kings of money laundering and are definitely the most high tech and probably the smartest OC group. Cyber crime, stock scams, arms, drugs, prostitution they are into everything and are good at everything. They own banks in Russia and use them as their personal pocketbooks. You don't do business in Russian without running into OC. And lets not forget the size of Russia. Also all those former states like Ukraine, Latvia, Belarus, etc, the criminal groups couldn't operate in those countries without the blessing of the Russians. The Russians are deadly smart and deadly genius. A ruthless combo. They employ doctors, MBAs, engineers, very intelligent people.

Now the Banies. The Albanians are the newest up and comers but have a long, long way to go before rivaling the history of the Italians, the genius of the Jews or the reach of the Russians. They are like the little kid at the table trying to pick up the scraps. The annoying little brother who just wants to be noticed. In my opinion, they don't have the brains or organizational skill to evolve like the other groups have. But they are definitely ruthless and brave, you have to give them that. They will kill at will and are very good at it. But killing is a small part of true OC, I don't picture them infiltrating society like the Italians did. A mafioso could be stringing you up in a back alley one day, then having a $1000 lunch with a politician wearing a silk suit the next. I don't see that kind of cunning and personality in the Albanians. I'm not trying to knock them, they may become much more powerful someday. But you just cannot compare them at this time. Not in the same ballpark or even same league.

As far as the Banies in Detroit go, they are far from the most powerful. There is no clear cut group in Detroit. Italians, Russians, Romanians, Chaldeans, Arabs, Asians, Albanians, OMGS, black gangs, Latino gangs all have there cuts there. The Albanians do a lot of the petty street crime, but don't go near the city of Detroit or really anywhere outside of the upper East subs. To say they are number 1 is just plain wrong.
Very good (and entertaining) post. I agree with nearly all of it.

Just a heads up, like TeeKay said, ignore Johnny (CheGuevara). He gets his panties in a bunch when somebody doesn't agree with him that Albanians rule the world. The reason, as you might expect, is he is Albanian. A 17 year old Albanian at that. 'Nuff said.
CheGuevara wrote:I dont think you quite know about the stance of Albanians organized crime buddy. You dont seem to have all of you're information in check. The Albanian mafia is one of the most powerful in the world now a days. They are the most powerful in Europe. They have extended themselves to every corner of the earth. Albanian OC has been indicated in the smallest of cities such as Winnipeg, Alaska, Dalla, Mexico, etc... where there isnt even a visible Albanian community.
I think he was mainly talking about here in the U.S. And there is no place in this country where the Albanians are the most powerful. None. Just because they control a large portion of marijuana and human smuggling in Michigan does not make them the most powerful. And what's the crap about "they've extended themselves to every corner of the earth?" Since when?

DutchGangster69
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Toronto

Unread post by DutchGangster69 » February 13th, 2009, 1:29 am

SO IF i PULL A GUN TO AN ALBANIANS HEAD DOES THAT MAKE THE DUTCH MORE POWERFUL...HAHA

DutchGangster69
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DutchGangster69 » February 13th, 2009, 1:32 am

Its obvious whos bigger and more powerful..The Italians bring in 100's of billions..and the Albanians mayber several.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » February 13th, 2009, 1:56 am

DutchGangster69 wrote:Its obvious whos bigger and more powerful..The Italians bring in 100's of billions..and the Albanians mayber several.
The latest report just out last month, which is issued annually by two European think tanks (SOS Impressa and Eurispes) who use official data, stated that the Italian Mafia (made up of the four major Italian syndicates) took in $167 billion last year.

There aren't really the same estimates with respect to Albanian groups but I've never seen any reason to think they make more overall.

VostokSila
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: City of brotherly hate

Unread post by VostokSila » February 13th, 2009, 2:06 am

Oh... look.. I found an article of the National Institute of Justice.

Major Transnational Organized Crime Groups

Transnational criminals often operate in well-organized groups, intentionally united to carry out illegal actions. Groups typically involve certain hierarchies and are headed by a powerful leader. These transnational organized crime groups work to make a profit through illegal activities. Because groups operate internationally, their activity is a threat to global security, often weakening governmental institutions or destroying legitimate business endeavors.

Well-known organized crime groups include (Finckenauer and Chin, 2007; Finckenauer):

* Russian Mafia. Around 200 Russian groups that operate in nearly 60 countries worldwide. They have been involved in racketeering, fraud, tax evasion, gambling, drug trafficking, arson, robbery, and murder.

* La Cosa Nostra. Known as the Italian or Italian-American mafia. The most prominent organized crime group in the world from the 1920s to the 1990s. They have been involved in violence, arson, bombings, torture, loan sharking, gambling, drug trafficking, health insurance fraud, and political and judicial corruption.

* Yakuza. Japanese criminal group. Often involved in multinational criminal activities, including human trafficking, gambling, prostitution, and undermining licit businesses.

* Fuk Ching. Chinese organized criminal group in the United States. They have been involved in smuggling, street violence, and human trafficking.

* Triads. Underground criminal societies based in Hong Kong. They control secret markets and bus routes and are often involved in money laundering and drug trafficking.

* Heijin. Taiwanese gangsters who are often executives in large corporations. They are often involved in white collar crimes, such as illegal stock trading and bribery, and sometimes run for public office.

* Jao Pho. Organized crime group in Thailand. They are often involved in illegal political and business activity.

* Red Wa. Gangsters from Thailand. They are involved in manufacturing and trafficking methamphetamine.

Why is the Albanian Mafia not in the list?

VostokSila
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VostokSila » February 13th, 2009, 2:08 am

DutchGangster69
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DutchGangster69 » February 13th, 2009, 2:11 am

I meant several billion not several hundred billion.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » February 13th, 2009, 2:16 am

VostokSila wrote:Forgot the link... here..
http://www.ojp.gov/nij/topics/crime/tra ... groups.htm
That list is rather old. And it is missing a number of groups that should be on that list, including the Albanians, Colombians, and Mexicans. The three groups listed at the bottom probably shouldn't be there.

I should warn you ahead of time to be prepared because when Johnny sees what you typed above he will shit is Albanian diapers.

Here is an article about the Italian Mafia's income - (this does not include the American LCN of course)
http://www.securitymanagement.com/news/ ... ess-005178

VostokSila
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VostokSila » February 13th, 2009, 5:28 am

That list is rather old. And it is missing a number of groups that should be on that list, including the Albanians, Colombians, and Mexicans. The three groups listed at the bottom probably shouldn't be there.
Its from 2007... I did not think that 2 years is that old.

Stoobage
What city do you live in now?: Detroit

Unread post by Stoobage » February 13th, 2009, 9:19 am

First of all, you have no idea what you are talking about. The Albanians in Michigan control a large portion of the marijuana and almost all of the human smuggling there.
So if you sell a little weed and smuggle illegals into the country, you are a "powerful" organized crime group now? Someone alert the Mexicans, they just moved to the top of the list.
Oooh bribing politicians in Russia? That's like taking a dump over there. And how are you connecting Pacolli to an OC group?
Again, someone call the Mexican cartels and let them know they are the most powerful OC group around. They are constantly battling DEA on the border and have taken out contracts many more times than Albanians.
Too funny. Like I said, an annoying little brother trying to get noticed. How do you come off saying the Albanian mafia is one of the most powerful in the world? Wow, you really are a fanboy. And the most powerful in Europe? Sorry, wrong again. Italians and Russians battle for that title.

Keep yapping little doggie, but when the wolf comes, it'll be funny to watch you pee yourself.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » February 13th, 2009, 10:16 am

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

They aren't only climbing to the top of OC, they're taking over the world. I heard they're already the majority in China and India. xDDD

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 13th, 2009, 10:59 am

I think he was mainly talking about here in the U.S. And there is no place in this country where the Albanians are the most powerful. None. Just because they control a large portion of marijuana and human smuggling in Michigan does not make them the most powerful. And what's the crap about "they've extended themselves to every corner of the earth?" Since when?

Hmmmm okay, Alaska, Mexico, SA, Europe, Australia... have you looked at a map lately?

The Albanians are the most powerful [FBI] OC group in Michigan. There are few reports or evidence about the LCN or IOC active in Michigan. And nothing states anything like being the principle supplier of anything.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 13th, 2009, 11:02 am

There aren't really the same estimates with respect to Albanian groups but I've never seen any reason to think they make more overall.
80% of heroin. Second biggest supplier of marijuana. Italians biggest wholesalers in cocaine, not to mention they have their own extensive importation activities, prostitution, robberies, car thefts, arms trafficking. You know as well as I that the Albanians are extremely active in Europe. If you calculate the Albanian mafia estimates like you said they calculated the Italian mafia's estimates. I have no reason to think it wont amount to the same, a little less, or more.

CheGuevara
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by CheGuevara » February 13th, 2009, 11:04 am

VostokSila wrote:Oh... look.. I found an article of the National Institute of Justice.

Why is the Albanian Mafia not in the list?

Why arent't the Mexicans? Or Colombians? You're telling me you think 'Red Wa', gangsters from Tailand are more powerful then the Albanian mafia?