PARDON OR NOT FOR TOOKIE?

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

PARDON OR NOT FOR TOOKIE?

Unread post by Lonewolf » December 1st, 2005, 12:50 pm

SHOULD TOOKIE WILLIAMS BE PARDONED OR NOT?

IT FALLS ON THE TERMINATOR TO DECIDE TOOKIE'S FAITH IN REGARDS
TO THE DEATH SENTENCE BEING CARRIED OUT OR COMMUTING HIS
SENTENCE TO LIFE IN PRISON BUT NO EXECUTION.

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IS THE RIGHT CHOICE TO BE TAKEN WITH TOOKIE?

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » December 2nd, 2005, 4:06 am

A pardon. Tookies death will reap only further death and negativity. His life brings hope to many, his life remaining alive will keep many alive. His life is another step toward peace.

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » December 3rd, 2005, 12:46 am

I will be very surprised if Arnold gives Tookie a reprieve for many reasons mostly those that revolve around Arnold's worldview.

Gustav Schwarzenegger, the late father of Arnold Schwarzenegger, was a volunteer member of the Sturmabteilung, or SA — the notorious Nazi storm troopers also known as brownshirts.

The father's Nazi Party membership and combat record in the German army are not new, and his son's dismay about it is well known; however, that strict conservative Austrian upbringing that instilled a respect for law and order from a young age (even though Arnold rebelled against it) play a real part in Arnolds worldview. Or so it seems to me anyway.

Still politics is politics and anything can (and sometimes does) happen so we wait and see what happens. But it doesn't look good right now.

Comatose
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Comatose » December 6th, 2005, 12:51 am

No doubt, give him clemency, and I'd like to C him go free. I dont believe one of his status would have had the remotest need to kill any of them people. He could have had someone else do it at any time, if there were reason for them people to have deserved Tookies attention.

I think one thing people arent taking into consideration is the fact that Schwartzeneger is an actor by profession. He has to take into consideration what will happen at his movies. If he grants clemency, he runs the risk of having conservatives and right wing loons boycotting or protesting him. If he doesnt, he runs the risk of people against the death penalty doing the same, as well as Locs bangin on anyone at an opening theater where his movies are being shown.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » December 6th, 2005, 2:32 am

Comatose wrote:
I think one thing people arent taking into consideration is the fact that Schwartzeneger is an actor by profession. He has to take into consideration what will happen at his movies.

didn't know he was still making movies i thought he retired.

Comatose
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Comatose » December 6th, 2005, 2:34 am

Perhaps, but I dont see him turning down $10,000,000 for a few months work. He only retired so he could try politics, but given that he has pretty much botched his term, he'll likely go back.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » December 6th, 2005, 2:35 am

Comatose wrote:
as well as Locs bangin on anyone at an opening theater where his movies are being shown.

lol is u serious? i can't see crips doin this just to get back at arnold you trippin.

Comatose
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Comatose » December 6th, 2005, 2:40 am

I cant tell you what people will do, I can only tell you what people say theyll do. I personally know a lot of Locs that say exactly that. How much of it is hot air is another question (and im willin to bet that the vast majority of it is). I do know that I would hate to C actual innocent people gettin hurt behind it. I also know that I fear that's exactly what will happen.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by black » December 6th, 2005, 2:55 am

i don't see him getting a pardon but they should give him clemency. i mean he's done so much to promote peace plus he's been nominated for the noble peace prize.

when people go to jail for their crimes they are supposed to come out rehabillitated. for some people going to jail changes them, others just come out worse than what they went in.

so it will be messed up if they do execute him because it's telling the community that if you get caught for a crime you have know chance of rehabillitaion and if you have been rehabillitaded so what we still gone kill you.

Comatose
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Comatose » December 6th, 2005, 3:03 am

TRUE THAT!!!

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 6th, 2005, 5:20 am

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 6th, 2005, 5:20 am

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 6th, 2005, 5:34 am

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 6th, 2005, 6:32 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Williams

"After Williams murdered Owens, he, Darryl, Coward and Sims fled in the two cars and returned home to Los Angeles. The robbery netted Williams and his associates approximately $120.00. Once back in Los Angeles, Sims asked Williams why he shot Owens. Williams said that he “didn’t want to leave any witnesses.” Williams also said he killed Owens “because he was white and he was killing all white people.” Coward claims that Williams bragged about killing Owens. Williams said, “You should have heard the way he sounded when I shot him.” Williams then made gurgling or growling noises and laughed about Owens’ death."

Comatose
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Comatose » December 6th, 2005, 7:01 am

I dont believe that, for even half of a second. The links only went to more propaganda. I believe Took to be innocent. Even if he committed the crimes, he wasnt convicted fairly. I am sorry to the family of all of those people, but even if he killed them the guy that did it is long gone. I aint tryin to hear it.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 6th, 2005, 6:41 pm

Clemency. I do not believe in Capital Punishment.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 8th, 2005, 7:14 am

it would be funn if something like this happened after Tookies execution or clemency depending on which happens between stormfront members and cripps:
http://www.muchosucko.com/video-hugerussianbrawl.html

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 8th, 2005, 8:45 am

it says there uis evidence he tried escaping and blowing up a bus with convicts:
http://the.co.la.ca.us/pdf/swilliams.pdf

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » December 9th, 2005, 11:49 pm

Let him die..I don't see why so many people would fight so hard to save a man who murdered people in cold blood. Those people were innocent people. How many times does he have to be found guitly for people to understand what really happened? How many more of the people he knew have to snitch on him? why would these people lie? he gets no points for killing innocent people. and now you got all these OG Crips coming out and saying Tooke was NOT the co founder of the Crips. If he did those crimes (which he obviously did) he desevres to die.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » December 10th, 2005, 4:21 pm

Ruthless IxE wrote:Let him die..I don't see why so many people would fight so hard to save a man who murdered people in cold blood. Those people were innocent people. How many times does he have to be found guitly for people to understand what really happened? How many more of the people he knew have to snitch on him? why would these people lie? he gets no points for killing innocent people. and now you got all these OG Crips coming out and saying Tooke was NOT the co founder of the Crips. If he did those crimes (which he obviously did) he desevres to die.

well there is NO evidence linking him to the crime at all. the shotgun used wus the witnesses shotgun. the finger prints werent his, the shoe print in 1 of the victims blood wasnt his. the witnesses who testified against him look guilty therself. the 1 gun used was the main witness' gun. they just wunt tookie to die

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » December 10th, 2005, 5:06 pm

BABYBRAZE wrote:
Ruthless IxE wrote:Let him die..I don't see why so many people would fight so hard to save a man who murdered people in cold blood. Those people were innocent people. How many times does he have to be found guitly for people to understand what really happened? How many more of the people he knew have to snitch on him? why would these people lie? he gets no points for killing innocent people. and now you got all these OG Crips coming out and saying Tooke was NOT the co founder of the Crips. If he did those crimes (which he obviously did) he desevres to die.

well there is NO evidence linking him to the crime at all. the shotgun used wus the witnesses shotgun. the finger prints werent his, the shoe print in 1 of the victims blood wasnt his. the witnesses who testified against him look guilty therself. the 1 gun used was the main witness' gun. they just wunt tookie to die

NO evidence? wtf. I think you need to look into this more and get the FACTS. the witness looked guitly, what do you mean by that? cmon man... they just want tookie to die? of course they do, he killed innocent people.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » December 10th, 2005, 10:32 pm

Ruthless IxE wrote:
BABYBRAZE wrote:

NO evidence? wtf. I think you need to look into this more and get the FACTS. the witness looked guitly, what do you mean by that? cmon man... they just want tookie to die? of course they do, he killed innocent people.

apparently u aint even payin attention to this at all. watch 1 of the 80 specials on TV about him. all the evidence is BS. The gun used was a shot gun n tookie legally owned a shotgun... WDF does that prove? my homie legally owns a shotgun, i guess he did it. tookies shotgun n the 1 used were 2 diff shotguns n the gun used had sum1 elses prints. im not gonna keep goin on n on about the BS evidence but turn ur TV on

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Re: PARDON OR NOT FOR TOOKIE?

Unread post by Sentenza » December 11th, 2005, 4:33 pm

lonewolf wrote:SHOULD TOOKIE WILLIAMS BE PARDONED OR NOT?

Now that its too late i still want to throw my 2 cents in.

No matter what Tookie did, and we can presume, that he as the founder of the Crips did kill people most probably a straight up pardon would have been the right thing.

He turned his life into a positive direction. He could have served as a role model teaching kids about the negatve aspects of gang bangin.
He could have saved more lifes this way, then he took.
It should be rewarded when people abandon their criminal past and start doing positive things.
This also is part of the Christian religion and everyone who does not act according to this rule is a straight up hippocrite.
I am mentioning this, because most people that are for the death penalty claim to be christians, so how can they forget about the forgiveness jesus taught?
This would especially have counted in this case, since Tookie deeply regretted what he did.
Schwarzenegger made a big mistake with that decision if you ask me but i am not sure anymore wether those hardcore conservatives really want to find solutions to the gang bangin issue.....

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » December 11th, 2005, 9:06 pm

in F.E.D.S they make it seem like he didnt even co-found the crips. they said ray washington did single handidly then tookie jumped on after it was started but he helped establish it

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 12th, 2005, 1:40 am

are there any pics or more info on ray Washington?

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 12th, 2005, 7:57 am

Sentenza wrote:

No matter what Tookie did, and we can presume, that he as the founder of the Crips did kill people most probably a straight up pardon would have been the right thing.

He turned his life into a positive direction. He could have served as a role model teaching kids about the negatve aspects of gang bangin.
It should be rewarded when people abandon their criminal past and start doing positive things.
This also is part of the Christian religion and everyone who does not act according to this rule is a straight up hippocrite.
I am mentioning this, because most people that are for the death penalty claim to be christians, so how can they forget about the forgiveness jesus taught?
This would especially have counted in this case, since Tookie deeply regretted what he did.
Schwarzenegger made a big mistake with that decision if you ask me but i am not sure anymore wether those hardcore conservatives really want to find solutions to the gang bangin issue.....

He has not been executed. The date is set for the 13th. There is still the hope for clemency.

MRxCLOUDYxLOC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MRxCLOUDYxLOC » December 13th, 2005, 12:14 am

Sentenza wrote:

co-sign.. hopefully shit doesnt erupt into a riot tho. That would be a horrible way to remember Tookie

KashvilleBB

Unread post by KashvilleBB » December 13th, 2005, 11:39 pm

I know this is way late, but I still can't believe they followed through with the execution. The man was convicted on bullshyt, he was locked up all that time and, in my opinion, shouldn't have been. Despite the above, he turned his life around, saved the lives of god only knows how many kids, and gave so much more than anyone else ever could to communities across America. Not just in Los Angeles. I have to reply on an ignorant question taht "Ruthless" asked. "How many more of the people he knew have to snitch on him? why would these people lie?" Would it make any sense at all if I told you that 98% of the snitches in the world have gotten themselves into trouble and have to talk like little government hand puppets in order to get out of their own shyt? Most people are too cowardice to suck it up and take responsibility for their actions. The 'witnesses' should be more like Tookie and admit to what they did, express what they didn't do, and apologize for what they're truly sorry for. Its easier for these high-paid officials to believe these old white lawyers have multi-personalities and switch to some alter ego and kill a bunch of people than it is for them to believe Tookie was sorry for what he did, s well as what he didn't do. And I'm white, living around nothing but Bloods, grew up with all Bloods, and for the most part bang with Bloods. There are plenty of reasons I could reply to this message with a -fu** Tookie- but naw, anyone with any intelligence will say FU** everyone who had anything to do with Tookie's execution. Much Love and Respect to Tookie from Yung Breeze, South Kashville (P.Wood)

Return to “Prevention, Intervention, Education and Awareness”