If U Walk Away From A Fight Do U Consider Y'self A Punk

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

If U Walk Away From A Fight Do U Consider Y'self A Punk

Unread post by Common Sense » April 24th, 2006, 12:25 am

I have found over the years of my life, I have met countless people who have a hard time letting the other person win, whether it's an arguement, disagree or near physical confrontation.

1. If U Walk Away From A Fight Do U Consider Yourself A Punk?

2. If the answer is yes, how far are you willing to go, to prove that you are not a punk, and would you sacrifice going to jail over it?

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » April 24th, 2006, 6:42 am

1. Yes
2. I'm willing to do whatever is JUSTIFIABLY needed in ANY self defense encounter.

**As long as it is justifiable, I won't have to worry about jail**

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » April 24th, 2006, 7:48 am

1.Yes
2.It depends how bad the situation is, like retaliation, if theres a death.

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » April 24th, 2006, 3:40 pm

1. Most of the time yes
2. Same thing as aquafresh just said but I would try to walk away if some muthafukca was armed with a gun feel me?

good ol watts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by good ol watts » April 24th, 2006, 4:23 pm

1. yes
2. i am willing to beat that nigga ass, and if he wanna pull out straps i am willing to smoke that nigga and his whole family generation and all his homies and they families and anybody that nigga ever met in his lifetime i would somehow find out and smoke all they asses bitch :evil:

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » April 24th, 2006, 6:17 pm

good ol watts wrote:1. yes
2. i am willing to beat that nigga ass, and if he wanna pull out straps i am willing to smoke that nigga and his whole family generation and all his homies and they families and anybody that nigga ever met in his lifetime i would somehow find out and smoke all they asses bitch :evil:
:lol:

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 24th, 2006, 7:05 pm

So far the answers are interesting. I'll make a comment later.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 25th, 2006, 12:39 am

good ol watts wrote:1. yes
including yourself?

good ol watts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by good ol watts » April 25th, 2006, 12:52 am

........... :roll:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 25th, 2006, 1:59 am

lol made about as much sense as the stuff you posted didn't it?

good ol watts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by good ol watts » April 25th, 2006, 3:20 am

:? .............no

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 25th, 2006, 7:30 am

So far up to now, most of you picked "yes", that you would feel like a punk if you walked away from a fight.

Feeling like a punk is really about being secure with yourself. Some fights aren't worth the fight. It's all about picking your battles. Dave Chappelle say's it best in his skits: When Keeping It Real Goes Bad.[/b

If you have a felony and you are still on parole, it might be better to choose or not choose you fight. Too many fools get locked up over dumb fights that cold have been avoided. So while one is sitting in jail, "At least I'm not a punk". Yea you might be able to win the fight easily, but is it worth getting violated over. In this case, I would walk away if I could.

To tell you the truth, prevention is best, try not to escalate the arguement into physical confrontation. If you know you have legal issues, such as being on parole or probation. Find it in your spirit to walk away,let that other fool win the arguement....too much to lose.

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » April 25th, 2006, 9:12 am

So WE agree then! If someone has a record, oh well for them; but, if you "clean," like me, then there's no reason for you to walk away from a "fight," that someone else started, UNLESS, the actions you choose would be deemed unjustifiable! :wink:

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » April 25th, 2006, 11:16 am

My response is that I am surrounded, literally, by a world of people many of whom do not live nor act right. I maintain awareness, train hard, live right, and do not return evil for evil as a rule. I have no problem with telling somone nicely who is cussing at me and showing me his IQ (e.g. 1) Peace and God bless you as I walk away. I just don't have all that narcisstic false pride anymore. I understand that he's the one with the problem: not me. I've out grown it and my peer group doesn't expect it anymore. They have out grown it too.

Now if forced to defend myself I will do so using attributes of intelligence, experience/preparedness, and strength very practically and to my fullest ability without reservation morally and legally. But I have found this is simply not necessary because I'm not at places or with people where it becomes necessary. I live right and roll with people who do likewise today and it just doesn't come up. Walk a higher path.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » April 25th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Old Shatterhand wrote:I have found this is simply not necessary because I'm not at places or with people where it becomes necessary. I live right and roll with people who do likewise today and it just doesn't come up. Walk a higher path.
Agreed. There's a lot to be said about the proverb "Birds of a feather flock together."

mush

Unread post by mush » April 27th, 2006, 5:43 pm

1.no

damn not me ppl today r easy on the trigga so we don't have fist fights if it'z a fist fight n only the then yea ai would feel lyk a punk

check it out http://realistz.phpbbnow.com/index.php

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guest » April 28th, 2006, 7:51 am

mush wrote:1.no

damn not me ppl today r easy on the trigga so we don't have fist fights if it'z a fist fight n only the then yea ai would feel lyk a punk

why are you advertising here,?

anyway, Being a punk is basically all in the head.
Last edited by on April 29th, 2006, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » April 28th, 2006, 9:15 pm

Kelemi253 wrote:
mush wrote:1.no

why are you advertising here,?

anyway, Being a punk is basically all in the head.
That's hella true.

BxMilitia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BxMilitia » July 23rd, 2006, 11:17 am

yea it is all in the head, but its also in the heart as well, i cant really speak 4 every1 else but atleast ta me, i feel as if i HAVE 2 fight, i HAVE 2 stand up like a man n i HAVE 2 earn my respect, not sayin that ima go upside the next mans head cuz i wanna fight him but atleast when it cums 2 self defence, i need ta protect myself n show these cowards that i aint no joke...

yanomas
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by yanomas » July 27th, 2006, 7:48 pm

I think this is interesting. I'm a mom, a teacher and too old to get into physical confrontations. However, if anyone messed with my kid, I won't hesitate to do what I need to do to protect him. At school I try not to get in the middle of kids fighting but once I saw two girls POUNDING on one girl and I found myself in the middle before I had a chance to think. Sometimes things happen too fast and you just react.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 28th, 2006, 12:28 am

I was taught never to throw the first punch. I will try to calmly and rationally talk to the person so we both walk away. And no, I will not feel like a punk. I will feel I did well to avoid any violence. But if a person hits me first I will do whatever is needed to defend myself, its on.

BxMilitia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BxMilitia » July 28th, 2006, 7:26 pm

u also have 2 know that if u dont thro that first punch, it could be over 4 u, u cant always wait for a person 2 hit u, the first hit can be the last hit, its not even a matter of being a punk or not, ur ass could get hurt real bad ofF of 1 REAL GOOD PUNCH...

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 28th, 2006, 9:13 pm

BxMilitia wrote:u also have 2 know that if u dont thro that first punch, it could be over 4 u, u cant always wait for a person 2 hit u, the first hit can be the last hit, its not even a matter of being a punk or not, ur ass could get hurt real bad ofF of 1 REAL GOOD PUNCH...
I have never had it happen. I carry myself well, I am pretty scary...lol.

BxMilitia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BxMilitia » July 28th, 2006, 9:17 pm

bein scared wont help, it feels good when u protect urself, win or lose, u protected urself and u stood up for urself, its either swing or get swung on

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » July 28th, 2006, 9:38 pm

BxMilitia wrote:bein scared wont help, it feels good when u protect urself, win or lose, u protected urself and u stood up for urself, its either swing or get swung on
I meant I scare people...lol. Seriously, I have no fear and I can show it loud and clear. I know I am wacked out.

gent11236
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by gent11236 » August 1st, 2006, 8:07 pm

no, but then again I would never back down from nothing even if it ends up in death. Most guys fear death but I'm not one of them, so why should I be scared that 3 guys about to jump me. An no if your thinking, that I think I'm gangsta or some hardcore guy, I don't think that its just the way that I am and the way that I veiw things. I don't see death as something to be feared because at the end of the day we all die. (hopefully they can clone me)

BxMilitia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BxMilitia » August 1st, 2006, 9:23 pm

U SOUND LIKE A WANKSTA ASS NERD, U KNO DAMN WELL UR AFRAID OF DEATH, DONT TRY TA SOUND LIKE AN OUTLAW, UR SCARED AS HELL , U AINT FOOLIN NOBODY... IF 3 GUYS COME UP 2 U N GUN BUTT U DEAD IN YA NOSE AND ASK U 4 UR MONEY, I BET YOU WONT HESITATE 2 GIVE UR SHIT UP.YOULL SHIT BRICKS WHEN THEY COCK THAT SHIT BACK N PRESS IT UP AGAINST YA TEMPLE.DONT BE STUPID... :x

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » August 1st, 2006, 10:02 pm

BxMilitia wrote:u also have 2 know that if u dont thro that first punch, it could be over 4 u, u cant always wait for a person 2 hit u, the first hit can be the last hit, its not even a matter of being a punk or not, ur ass could get hurt real bad ofF of 1 REAL GOOD PUNCH...
yea, people should try to make distance between them and the potential attakcer using their hands first
if you still can't talk them away after that then it's better to throw the first hit than receive it
BxMilitia wrote:U SOUND LIKE A WANKSTA ASS NERD, U KNO DAMN WELL UR AFRAID OF DEATH, DONT TRY TA SOUND LIKE AN OUTLAW, UR SCARED AS HELL , U AINT FOOLIN NOBODY... IF 3 GUYS COME UP 2 U N GUN BUTT U DEAD IN YA NOSE AND ASK U 4 UR MONEY, I BET YOU WONT HESITATE 2 GIVE UR SHIT UP.YOULL SHIT BRICKS WHEN THEY COCK THAT SHIT BACK N PRESS IT UP AGAINST YA TEMPLE.DONT BE STUPID... :x
damn right
the fear is always going to be there no matter what cuz of the adrenaline
when adrenaline switches off we only got 2 choices either fight or flight (try to escape)

G.S. f-ing E.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.S. f-ing E. » August 10th, 2006, 12:39 am

there is a time to stand your ground, and there is a time to walk away. the challenge is to know when to do what. it doesn't matter how you cut it, there are some things that are not worth getting the hell beat out of you for. for example, someone threatens my family or my friends, i will stand my ground. on the other hand, if someone wants to brawl over some dumb shit like a parking spot, its just not worth going to jail or getting killed. we are an educated society for the most part, by now we should have evolved to a state where violence is a last resort to settle a dispute.

G.S. f-ing E.
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by G.S. f-ing E. » August 10th, 2006, 12:46 am

gent11236 wrote:no, but then again I would never back down from nothing even if it ends up in death. Most guys fear death but I'm not one of them, so why should I be scared that 3 guys about to jump me. An no if your thinking, that I think I'm gangsta or some hardcore guy, I don't think that its just the way that I am and the way that I veiw things. I don't see death as something to be feared because at the end of the day we all die. (hopefully they can clone me)
you are a phony. death is inevitable and you claim to not fear it. in truth, you do. especially if it is a slow painful death. do know for certain what will happen when you do die. will you go to heaven? hell? will you simply cease to exist. fear of death is nothing compared to the fear of the unknown. if you do indeed do not fear death (i doubt this is the case) undoubtedly the fear of the unknown really scares the ever living shit out of you.
in sort, stop acting like a badass, you are not fooling anyone...have you been drinking tonight?

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » August 10th, 2006, 6:59 am

If you walk away from.......nah, I don't consider myself a punk if I walk away from a fight - like other posters said, it depends whats going on - if its about loved ones, family, friends then nah, I wont walk away. But if its about some mans screwin and cutting his eyes at me for no reason other than road BS, then yeah, I dont want to fight mans that way...I feel man enough to allow it and not feel put down - because its an energy best kept for times for when its best kept for seen!
But the truth is, since being a little un and becoming a man, I haven't had to fight so much - the last time was last December - I had been in London Centre for a friends party, all dressed up in a tuxedo and got back to a local pub with a 'lock in' about 2am - I'd had a lot to drink by then. In the pub, I blagged a guy for a rolly and he said yeah sure. I took a pinch of baccy for my rolly (dunno if you have rolly's in US! Hand rolled tobacco) and siad thanks. I turned my back to go back to my friends and the guy (a white cockney guy) jumped on my back with his arm round my throat saying 'you stole my fuccin baccy you c**t'. What could I do? I had to throw mans off - he took a swing but I knocked him into his chair - he raged back toward me and I could see immediately that he was swinging and had no defence - all i could see was his nose like a target and - security men jumped all over us guys and threw me right out!! He stayed in the pub!! Anyhow, that was it, nuttin really and fairly funny. It all depends on the situation.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » August 10th, 2006, 7:55 am

^^^Some guys are not worthy to make your hands dirty with.

Like during the world cup, therer where a few extremely drunk scumbags around here, wilding out and doing the Hitler salute...
One was real disrespectful and threatened to "shoot" us :lol: :lol:
He was so drunk, he would have shot himself, when he would have had a gun. :lol:
We would have trashed his ass in seconds.
But then, what would it d be good for. Get into trouble because of a drunkass bastard? Hell no.
I bet he woke up the next morning not even remembering anything.