Shit in a school newspaper

This is the forum for those who believe that there are other options to gangs and violence and hope to see young people make better choices about their future. Where does change begin?

Moderator: Guest

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Shit in a school newspaper

Unread post by Tyrant » June 8th, 2006, 9:47 pm

Raechel Dxxxxn wrote: Girls must stop playing stupid

Women and all girls over the world are stupid. In the sense that we act stupid to please guys.

The truth is that so many girls have said something or held their tongue to either agreee with a guy or not scare away by revealing their intellectual side. Why should women feel this way? This has happened since the beginning of time. Very opinionated women are letting their guys control their relationship and submissive women are still letting their guys walk all over them. This is what I think, women are people pleasers. We put our needs last and take on caring for others.

When my friends have a problem, I will put aside my own, and cater to their needs. The same may be said with our boyfriends. In doing so, we slowly find ourselves forming into a person we were not originally. Let me tell you one thing. Women are not put on this earth to serve men. We have a purpose greater than that and I am sick of all the girls I see who are acting stupid in front of guys and acting as though guys are gods. I am not saying guys should not be respected, I am just saying that girls should not have to feel like they do not deserve the same respect.

According to a fact sheet by TomMortenson in the fall of 2000 there were 5,578,000 men and 7,377,000 women enrolled in college as undergraduates. That fact right there proves that women are not stupid.

Girls have gone to all extent to get plastic surgery, start dangerious diets, and act this "certain way" to be something that they are not. Who are they trying to impress? The guys that are so disrespectful and will only date beautiful looking girls, or the women that judge them because they were treated with the disrespect that men gave them?
The bolded stuff were the things I found real funny. Last set of bolded part makes it seems like she's trying to say it's men's fault when it's really their fault for not staying head strong.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 8th, 2006, 11:54 pm

^Exactly

She identified the problem well, but not the cause

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » June 9th, 2006, 5:02 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:^Exactly

She identified the problem well, but not the cause
I personally think they shouldn't let people who aren't in touch with reality become writers for my school newspaper. Men will always only date beautiful girls also known as females they're attracted too. No attraction = no chance. She can write whatever about how guys are being disrespectful but her shit isn't going to change thousands of years of evolution. The 'greater purpose' she mentions must be to bear children.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 9th, 2006, 9:36 pm

School newspapers and in fact all newspapers in general have some trippy editorials

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Re: Shit in a school newspaper

Unread post by Christina Marie » June 10th, 2006, 5:12 am

Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:
Rxexxxx xxwxon wrote: Girls must stop playing stupid

Women and all girls over the world are stupid. In the sense that we act stupid to please guys.

The truth is that so many girls have said something or held their tongue to either agreee with a guy or not scare away by revealing their intellectual side. Why should women feel this way? This has happened since the beginning of time. Very opinionated women are letting their guys control their relationship and submissive women are still letting their guys walk all over them. This is what I think, women are people pleasers. We put our needs last and take on caring for others.

When my friends have a problem, I will put aside my own, and cater to their needs. The same may be said with our boyfriends. In doing so, we slowly find ourselves forming into a person we were not originally. Let me tell you one thing. Women are not put on this earth to serve men. We have a purpose greater than that and I am sick of all the girls I see who are acting stupid in front of guys and acting as though guys are gods. I am not saying guys should not be respected, I am just saying that girls should not have to feel like they do not deserve the same respect.

According to a fact sheet by TomMortenson in the fall of 2000 there were 5,578,000 men and 7,377,000 women enrolled in college as undergraduates. That fact right there proves that women are not stupid.

Girls have gone to all extent to get plastic surgery, start dangerious diets, and act this "certain way" to be something that they are not. Who are they trying to impress? The guys that are so disrespectful and will only date beautiful looking girls, or the women that judge them because they were treated with the disrespect that men gave them?
The bolded stuff were the things I found real funny. Last set of bolded part makes it seems like she's trying to say it's men's fault when it's really their fault for not staying head strong.

Like we dont have the ability to handle ourselves. :roll:
If a guy cant handle that I am head strong....f*ck em.

Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tyrant » June 10th, 2006, 9:44 am

Christina Marie wrote:
Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:

I like strong women but I'm not into one the ones that are obsessed with the feminism movements that will not shut the f*ukc up about it.

Aquafresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Oak Cliff

Unread post by Aquafresh » June 10th, 2006, 2:27 pm

Christina Marie wrote:Like we dont have the ability to handle ourselves. :roll:
Co-sign :wink:

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » June 10th, 2006, 4:08 pm

Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:

I like strong women but I'm not into one the ones that are obsessed with the feminism movements that will not shut the f*ukc up about it.
Right. Just because I am head strong does'nt mean I dont like the door opened for me, the chair pulled out at dinner...shit like that. And....I do know how to take care of my man.

ra3ch3l
What city do you live in now?: Renton

Unread post by ra3ch3l » November 16th, 2008, 1:23 pm

First and foremost, I do not appreciate my article being scattered throughout a forum for it to be criticized. It is cowardly because the person who has the opinion regarding MY OPINION (article was found in the opinions section) should have wrote a letter to the editor.
Second, the school newspaper was for students to write about things that didn't necessarily need to have a "deeper meaning" to the cause. I was a sophomore when I wrote that, and I don't f*cking appreciate being picked apart.

Not all articles are to identify a cause, mine was intended to make people actually think, and to express my 16 year old opinion.

How about instead of hiding behind your little screen names, you actually put yourself out there with only your name and your word. Then see how people react to you.

-Author of that article

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » November 29th, 2012, 9:20 pm

ra3ch3l wrote:First and foremost, I do not appreciate my article being scattered throughout a forum for it to be criticized. It is cowardly because the person who has the opinion regarding MY OPINION (article was found in the opinions section) should have wrote a letter to the editor.
Second, the school newspaper was for students to write about things that didn't necessarily need to have a "deeper meaning" to the cause. I was a sophomore when I wrote that, and I don't f*cking appreciate being picked apart.

Not all articles are to identify a cause, mine was intended to make people actually think, and to express my 16 year old opinion.

How about instead of hiding behind your little screen names, you actually put yourself out there with only your name and your word. Then see how people react to you.

-Author of that article
You should be able to handle the criticism of your opinion. But I understand that you were young and naive when you wrote it, so I gave you a pass (u know what I mean) but this will certainly help you formulate better opinions when you write in the future if you decide to go into journalism.